Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

After some trial & error + 2 stamina potions I finished Lunatic. Takumi, Sanaki, Olivia and Robin (M). Sanaki one-shotted Michalis while Takumi killed everything else (even the red cavalier), Robin helped finishing the last blue soldier. Dancers are so far invaluable on Grand Heroes Battles.

Edited by Orson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done on Lunatic and Hard.

Moved up to the far left corner
Danced Minerva to kill the blue spear fighter
Michalis attacks minerva next turn, minerva survives
Attacked Michalis with Marth twice via dance
killed with minerva
used dance with klein to kill the 2 pegs
blocked off sword cav with ninian and killed with klein

Thankfully less of a puzzle for my available units, easier to figure out than Ursula, thankfully.

8 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

I'dd say it's just about as hard as Ursala's. If you got a hard counter it suddenly becomes super easy.

Narcian makes this easy. Move any Blue to just outside of the cavalry's range. Move Narcian to the mountain to tank and kill the Blue Flier. This will cause Michalis to break formation trying to go to the Lancer and then he becomes very easy to kill as Red goes south to try and attack Narcian.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

You guys think that this is a good team to take to the battle?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0333.thumb.PNG.26ef090f30718b4fe1daad538c263ace.PNG

I think you can clear the map so long as you have a red that can tank the lancer on the left and kill Michalis in two shots. Can your Marth do that?

Wow, I actually pulled it off!

Team was Takumi, Tharja, Peri, and Erika. Takumi has Vantage, Peri Swordbreaker.

I lined up on the right side with Takumi just out of range and Erika beside him, with Peri in the back and Tharja to Erika's left. I moved up with Takumi, one shot the blue flier, and used Erika's Pivot to jump over him to block him from being attacked by the sword cavalry with bowbreaker. Next turn Takumi survived Michalis' attack and hit Vantage range. Then he shot over Erika to kill the cavalry, Tharja moved next to Takumi and killed Michalis, and Peri stayed back. Takumi Vantage-killed the red flier, and I moved my units back a couple turns into the bottom right so both Tharja and Peri could attack the blue knight that had walked around the map and kill him.

Erika's pivot really saved my ass. I might have been able to tank the red cav and blue flier with Peri after a rally defense (which I also taught Erika) but I kinda doubt it.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Stahl can kill the sword cavalry as long as you distract the blue pegasus somehow edit: actually, you could just rush towards the cav, out of the pegasus' range, which should simplify the map a lot with only fliers to deal with. (The spear won't go anywhere in time.)

Camilla, if you unequip her brave axe, should function excellently as a flying tank. (She has nearly Minerva level stats).

Jeorge is nice if you can 1 shot fliers, and that'll leave you with 1 slot left to help Camilla kill Michalis.

Tried it. Abel (not Stahl but I assume you meant him.) Does kill the sword cav instantly. Camilla cannot kill the blue cav in one shot with the steel axe and gets dragged back into Michallis range. And Jeorge does 3 damage too little to oneshot with Olivia's Hone atk.

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I think you can clear the map so long as you have a red that can tank the lancer on the left and kill Michalis in two shots. Can your Marth do that?

He's +ATT, so we shall see... but he's -DEf so....

For anyone trying to face tank their way through the right side, it seems that the red cavalier will move first, even though the lance flier attacking first would drag the person back and possibly into a deadly position where Michalis owns them. Granted, I'm not sure if the order will change if the lance flier can get a kill, but if that's the case, then whoever is face tanking is screwed from the start.

I see why Selena and Gordin are in his banner. I had Gordin run up and kill the lancer flier, then Selena respositioned him to safety (I have both as 4* at level 40). This causes Selena to have to face tank the cav while Michalis heads south. I'm a bit hazy positioning (it's really early here), but I had Gordin get the sword flier, then get repositioned again. With some shuffling shenanigans (my M!Robin has Swap), I got it so that Olivia (4*) and Selena could fight Michalis, with support from M!Robin (and positioned for Gordin's help, though I didn't need it) at range. This very nearly killed Selena, though (3 HP left after Spur Def). After that, kited the lance infantry around to the left until Robin could duck into Michalis' starting area. He and Olivia just nuked the last infantry down as he tried to pass by (3 hits did it).

I got statblocks that I'll edit in in a second.

• Michalis - 60/51/27/36/19 Hauteclere/Blazing Thunder/Iote's Shield/Threaten Def 3
  • Lance Flier - 45/43/36/22/37 Silver Lance+/Iceberg/Darting Blow 3/Drag Back/Fortify Fliers
  • Sword Cav - 49/50/25/26/30 Silver Sword+/Draconic Aura/Death Blow 3/Bowbreaker 3
  • Sword Flier - 45/43/36/22/37 Silver Sword+/Iceberg/Darting Blow 3/Drag Back/Hone Fliers
  • Lance Fighter - 52/43/31/30/23 Heavy Spear+/Draconic Aura/Death Blow 3/Bowbreaker 3

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Beat it with Julia, Minerva, Shanna and Palla.

1. Palla and Minerva lure Michalis and the lance pegasus, Julia next to Palla --> Minerva beats lance, Palla scratches Michalis

2. Julia, Palla and Minerva take down Michalis (last shot with Minerva so that she doesn't take any damage) --> sword pegasus attacks Minerva and drags her away

3. Minerva finishes sword guy, Shanna the sword cavalier, Julia attacks lance guy on the left (she survives one hit from him)

4. Julia finishes the lance guy = won

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

He's +ATT, so we shall see... but he's -DEf so....

If you have Reposition or some other positional assist, it really helps to swap units around and save him if you can't get someone to kill the lancer immediately after

Edited by Ryu Yuki

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

For anyone trying to face tank their way through the right side, it seems that the red cavalier will move first, even though the lance flier attacking first would drag the person back and possibly into a deadly position where Michalis owns them. Granted, I'm not sure if the order will change if the lance flier can get a kill, but if that's the case, then whoever is face tanking is screwed from the start.

I see why Selena and Gordin are in his banner. I had Gordin run up and kill the lancer flier, then Selena respositioned him to safety (I have both as 4* at level 40). This causes Selena to have to face tank the cav while Michalis heads south. I'm a bit hazy positioning (it's really early here), but I had Gordin get the sword flier, then get repositioned again. With some shuffling shenanigans (my M!Robin has Swap), I got it so that Olivia (4*) and Selena could fight Michalis, with support from M!Robin (and positioned for Gordin's help, though I didn't need it) at range. This very nearly killed Selena, though (3 HP left after Spur Def). After that, kited the lance infantry around to the left until Robin could duck into Michalis' starting area. He and Olivia just nuked the last infantry down as he tried to pass by (3 hits did it).

I got statblocks that I'll edit in in a second.

First part is wrong. The enemy will use the unit that he deems most beneficial to move first. (Not counting on the drag back skill) but for me the flier moves first.

12 minutes ago, Raven said:

It took me a good few tries to work out a good setup to lure and counter the enemies. The blue flyer pulling my Camilla into more enemy's ranges fucked me over a few times. I'd say at least one good bow user is necessary. Also the red cav being able to attack twice above 50% HP fucked one of my attempts.

Hector is not such hot shit on this map.

You can potentially replace a bow user with Merric, depending on your team set up. His tome is effective against fliers as well.

Anybody who trained up Narcian though should be laughing

Demolished with Eirika, F!Corrin (w/ Swap), Nino, Azura. Basically had Nino jump the Lance Flier and used Swap to get Azura in range of Nino (to get him out of Michalis and the Sword Cav's range). Sword Cav died to her on the EP, Nino nuked Michalis and it was basically cleanup from there.

Going to train up a Subaki and Sophia. I think Narcian/Olivia/Sophia/Subaki can do this one, I just wanted to cruise through it due the time limit =P .

Got this sorry sucker. Sent my robin to the left to deal with the lancer. Sent marth merric and serra to the right. I let marth take most of the brunt force. Even with iote's shield, michalis still took a lot of damage from excalibur. The pegasus knights were the only problemcause of drag back

Stats and skills for all of the units, for further digestion (with thanks to TheTuckingFypo for helping out with a screenshot of the west Lancer):

Spoiler

Michalis (unbuffed)

HP: 60
Atk: 51
Def: 36           
Spd: 27
Res: 19

Weapon: Hauteclere
Assist: n/a
Special: Blazing Thunder

Passive A: Iote’s Shield
Passive B: n/a
Passive C: Threaten Def 3

Lance Flier

HP: 45
Atk: 43
Def: 22
Spd: 36
Res: 37

Weapon: Silver Lance+
Special: Iceberg

Passive A: Darting Blow 3
Passive B: Drag Back
Passive C: Fortify Fliers

Sword Flier

HP: 45
Def: 22
Spd: 36
Res: 37

Weapon: Silver Sword+
Special: Iceberg

Passive A: Darting Blow 3
Passive B: Drag Back
Passive C: Hone Fliers

Sword Cavalier

HP: 49
Atk: 50
Def: 26
Spd: 25
Res: 30

Weapon: Silver Sword+
Special: Draconic Aura

Passive A: Death Blow 3
Passive B: Bowbreaker 3
Passive C: n/a

Lancer

HP: 52
Def: 30
Spd: 31
Res: 23

Weapon: Heavy Spear+
Special: Draconic Aura

Passive A: Death Blow 3
Passive B: Bowbreaker 3
Passive C: n/a

Beat the Lunatic map with a team of Klein, Reinhardt, Tharja and Olivia. Klein was the MVP, I think he must have killed 4 of the enemies. Reinhardt didn't actually do anything except act as Michalis bait, so he's perfectly replaceable. I'll do a proper write-up later.

This was a lot easier than Ursula's, I think?

Edited by azurrys
Spacing got messed up.

Holy crap, did it at the last minute. Had to Inherit some defense on my Olivia, and an emerald Axe/lancebreaker on Camilla. Hardest boss map so far for me, although these seem to be largely about what your roster is to determine difficulty.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I took screenshots for both difficulties of all enemies. I'll make a 'Michalis preparation thread!' or something similar when I get back from work (if noone else does it before me atleast xD) where we/people can work together for those who have trouble with it this time.

That'd be redundant since this thread already exists for that exact function. I can upload screenshots of the enemies in the OP and rename the thread, it won't be a problem.

4 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

First part is wrong. The enemy will use the unit that he deems most beneficial to move first. (Not counting on the drag back skill) but for me the flier moves first.

That's really strange. Granted, this was on Hard before decided to go with the Gordin/Selena strat for Lunatic, but I had M!Robin face tank there and the red cavalier decided to attack him at WTD instead of the lance flier. Like, if they were choosing the best unit to attack with, it would have been the lancer flier, yet they came at him with the sword cav.

11 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Tried it. Abel (not Stahl but I assume you meant him.) Does kill the sword cav instantly. Camilla cannot kill the blue cav in one shot with the steel axe and gets dragged back into Michallis range. And Jeorge does 3 damage too little to oneshot with Olivia's Hone atk.

Oh, uh, that's unfortunate. My Minerva couldn't 1 shot the blue flier either (-Atk), but my Klein was +Atk, so the fliers just dropped like flies.

Edit:

Just now, Arcanite said:

Wait

We only get one chance or is it coming back

Cause if it's not coming back . . .  .. 

It's coming back, this was just the early bird preview. The real version will have the banner alongside, so it's easier. (Gordin + Minerva can probably duo the map.)

Edited by DehNutCase