Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Whew, I did it.. when I finished the map wasnt available anymore lol

But I did it, both normal and lunatic

Team: Leo, Azura, Eldigan, Fae

Eldigan MVP, he killed 4 out of 5 units, including the lancer pegasus bc his special was ready

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard map was very easy.

Lunatic map... I may need to train up Stahl for it since he gets the Ruby Sword. 3-star Narcian can ORKO the lance flier without getting scratched and 3-star Subaki 2RKOs the sword cavalier with small scratches. Olivia gets ORKO'd by the sword flier and Lyn takes too much damage from Michalis, leaving herself at 1HP after 3RKOing Michalis with Dance support.

Fucking hell, barely did it in time, the map was gone after I beat it. I used Ninian, Y!Tiki, Lucina, and Takumi. I bunkered down in the lower left with Lucina in the trees, Takumi to the upper right of her, Ninian to the upper left of him, and Tiki above Ninian.

Tiki tanked the attacks from the blue foot lancer and Michalis. All the enemies converged around Tiki except for the red flier who went south and the red cav who took the long way around the right.

Round 2 started with Tiki blasting Michalis again, Ninian dancing for her, Tiki moving to the south, Takumi finishing off Michalis, Ninian tanking the blue flier, Takumi tanking the red flier and murdering it in revenge, and the red cav creeping my way.

Round 3 saw Takumi move to murder the blue flier, Ninian dancing so he could move aside for Lucina, and everyone else bracing for the imminent red cavalier. The blue foot lancer attacked Lucina, and got doubled in return.

Final round. Lucina finished off the blue lancer with Luna, Takumi took two pot shots at the red cavalier, and Tiki came in with her special which barely allowed her to kill the cav, she did 29 damage to its remaining 28 hp.

That was grueling, but fuck yeah I did it.

16 minutes ago, Sire said:

For those wanting to use Michalis but also want to use the Iote's Shield, I recommend sacrificing the 4* version of him instead of the 3*. Why? If you level up the 3* version, you will get more SP overall.

3⋆ Michalis doesn't even get access to Iote's Shield anyway, it's a 4⋆ skill.

Alright, see this, this was fun.

Took me 8 tries to beat Lunatic, but I was able to clear it well before the cut off time. 8 tries is a good number. Not so easy I could beat it on the first go, but not so hard I was ripping my hair out.

My team, with no changes to base skills (in order, that's important):

Julia, Reinhardt, Lyn, Hector

I basically wedged them against the right side of the map. Hector was top, to tank the sword knight. Reinhardt below him, to buff him, Lyn below Reinhardt, and Julia on Lyn's left. Here's how it went down:

1. Hector tanks sword knight, taking 30 damage, but dealing 18 back twice

2. Reinhardt moves to bottom right corner. Julia attacks Lance Flier for 21. Hector moves to Reinhardt's spot, to buff Lyn. Lyn hits the sword knight for 17 damage, killing him and taking no damage herself.

2.5 Michaelis attacks Lyn for enough damage to put her below 50%. Lyn counters for 17 twice. Lance Flier attacks Julia for 10 damage twice.

3. Lyn, now with defiant attack and desperation, hits Michaelis for 24 twice in a row (also triggers Astra, so would have one shoted him at full hp, lol). Julia moves back between Hector and Reinhardt to hit for 27 (due to both of their buffs) Reinhardt moves next to Julia to attack the sword flier for 15 twice.

3.5 Sword flier hits Reinhardt for 8 twice, not yet enabling Blazing Thunder.

4. Reinhardt hits the sword flier twice, enabling Blazing Thunder.

7. Reinhardt hits the lance soldier with his fully charged Blazing Thunder, killing him.

GG.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

3⋆ Michalis doesn't even get access to Iote's Shield anyway, it's a 4⋆ skill.

That's what he's saying. Normally you'd level Mich up to 20, promote, then pass on his skill. He's saying if you're going to keep one of these 2 for your collection, keep the one you have to promote.

7 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

Whew, I did it.. when I finished the map wasnt available anymore lol

But I did it, both normal and lunatic

Team: Leo, Azura, Eldigan, Fae

Eldigan MVP, he killed 4 out of 5 units, including the lancer pegasus bc his special was ready

I'm really regretting not burning more orbs on Eldigan, he sounds better every time I hear about him.

Managed to beat the lunatic version.

I used Young Tiki 5* / Ephraim 5 * / Julia 5* / Cordelia 5*

I went to the left side.

Young Tiki on front, Ephraim behind her, Julia behind him, Cordelia near Julia. I moved only a bit until everyone was in position, then I moved my unit train so that Tiki was in range of the blue Infantry and Michalis. She survived this with 4 HP and did 33 damage to Michalis. After that, Cordelia flew to the right side of the stone wall, killing the blue flier with her Brave Lance and blocking the red one. Julia then killed Michalis with exactly 27 damage (his HP he had left), Tiki moved behind Ephraim and Ephraim blocked the next turn. After that, Cordelia killed the red flier, Tiki moved onto the forest in the down left corner, Julia killed the Infantry and Ephraim waited for the red rider to attack him.

Took me 3 stamina potions to get this right. Michalis could survive Julia if Ephraim then continued to kill him instead of just being a wall.

20 minutes ago, Sire said:

As an aside...

For those wanting to use Michalis but also want to use the Iote's Shield, I recommend sacrificing the 4* version of him instead of the 3*. Why? If you level up the 3* version, you will get more SP overall.

You're saving 350 SP at 4* because he comes with Silver axe and Rising Thunder already. Everything else on vanilla Michalis will cost 850 SP at 4*, and at 5* that special weapon of his costs 400 SP. I suppose it boils down to whether or not you can be bothered to level up a 3* unit. Personally, I want to keep my feathers to get my Effie from 4* to 5*.

54,666 people cleared at least one of the maps, 13,415 people cleared the Lunatic version. Everybody will get 10 stamina potions, 10 orbs and 5,000 feathers at a later date.

Alright, here’s a proper write-up of the strategy I used. It's pretty simple and shouldn’t require too many units.

What you need: a competent Archer (who can tank the Sword Cav for 1 turn), a Dancer (doesn’t need to be leveled), someone who can one-round Michalis, and a blue unit or other weakling that Michalis can one-round as bait. I used Klein, Olivia, Tharja and Reinhardt in those roles (sorry Reinhardt).

Turns 1, 2 and 3: Move everyone to the right flank. Position Klein just below the range of the Lance Flier with Olivia below him. Doesn’t matter where the other two go as long as everyone's grouped together. Wait one turn after positioning so everyone can move.

Turn 4: Use Klein to kill the Lance Flier. Dance for him so he can move up and attack the Sword Cavalier. It doesn’t matter if the Cavalier doesn’t die; the important thing is to get him below 50% HP so Bowbreaker doesn’t come into effect. Tharja gets behind the wall below Olivia, and Reinhardt goes below her.

Turn 5: During enemy phase, Michalis should fly down towards Reinhardt. The Sword Cavalier hits Klein, who survives, and the Sword Flier moves towards injured Klein. On player phase, use Klein to kill the Sword Flier, then dance for him so he kills the Sword Cavalier too. Reinhardt and Tharja move just out of Michalis’s range.

Turn 6: On enemy phase, Michalis draws nearer again. Kill him with Tharja. Meanwhile, the Lancer is creeping along the top. Keep Klein out of his range and on turn whatever, once the Lancer gets close enough, use Klein to kill him with Olivia dancing if necessary.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

MljeiZt.png

Position on Turn 3 before moving.

nZK9n9R.png

Position on Turn 4 to lure Michalis in (screenshot from after he's lured).

To reiterate: the dancer won't get attacked at all, so there's absolutely no need to level them. I used 4* level 23 Olivia. And I'm pretty sure any useless unit will do in the fourth slot as long as they look very tempting for Michalis to kill, though you need to make sure that the Sword Flier won't be drawn to them too (so a blue unit is ideal).

Bait specifications: Reinhardt (27 Def/15 Spd) and Cordelia (25 Def/27 Spd) work, but Sharena (29 Def/35 Spd) does not (thanks to @salinea for bringing this to my attention). I'd recommend checking his stats to make sure he can hypothetically one-round the unit, in which case he'll most likely go for them. With WTA, unboosted Michalis does 61 damage to a blue unit; boosted Michalis should do ~67, and has 37 Spd.

Additional note: for a similar strategy that actually makes use of the blue unit, see @chirp's post here! (Team of Takumi, Olivia, Lilina and Catria.)

On 20/03/2017 at 8:25 PM, DraceEmpressa said:

Ah... I failed to beat the Lunatic map. But at least now I know what am I facing. Any suggestion on who should I sacrifice or/and grind for Thursday?

I'm almost entirely sure that the team you have selected right now will function virtually identically to the team I used in my strategy, so feel free to give it a try when the map comes back!

Edited by azurrys

Just now, Vaximillian said:

54,666 people cleared at least one of the maps, 13,415 people cleared the Lunatic version. Everybody will get 10 stamina potions, 10 orbs and 5,000 feathers at a later date.

That was actually much closer than I'd anticipated. I don't think Japan would've done this alone.

16 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Ah... I failed to beat the Lunatic map. But at least now I know what am I facing. Any suggestion on who should I sacrifice or/and grind for Thursday?

Screenshot_2017-03-20-18-53-00.png

You could probably use the strategy I used, althought It would require you to level up either Cherche or Mich, and your Olivia if she isn't leveled up already. The team comp would be Cher/Mich + Olivia + Tharja + Takumi.

Step 1: Positioning is to have a green flier pull down Mich and take a blow. Directly below Cher/Mich would be Tharja, to her right would be Takumi, and to the left Olivia. 

Step 2: after the enemy swoops down, move your green flier to the left to intercept the blue lancer. With the help of Olivia have Tharja Kill Mich, and Takumi will kill the blue flier.

Step 3: The red flier will now hit Tharja, so she must be able to withstand a blow. She should be able to since it's only a red with no buffs, if not a potential boost to defense through a skill could work. Anyways You'll now move Olivia to the bottom left into the woods, and finish off the blue guard with your green flier if he didn't die during the first counter attack. You can then move takumi next to Olivia and kill the red flier that attacked Tharja, and finally move tharja to the right of the green flier. All 4 units should be nicely tucked in to the bottom left corner.

Step 4: The last enemy unit remaining is the red cavalry sword, he'll move within range for Takumi to attack. Attack Once with Takumi, then move Olivia in between Takumi and the Cavalry. Do not dance yet because it will allow the Cavalry's skill to go off and kill Olivia. 

Step 5: Olivia should survive the blow, and you can now attack the guy twice with Takumi for the victory.

Not the best Strategy, but was in a rush to make something work with the units I had.

Edit: Narcian would work too

Edited by Jimbo

I only won hard, I couldn't do lunatic since I only had 17 minutes left and didn't have much time to plan. I think my Sophia could've two rounded Michail so I'll try that next time. (Sharena/Narcian/Sophia/Olivia) or probably train up Stahl.

22 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I think you'll be fine if you can get your Narcian to 3*, his Emerald Axe + Lance Killer can one round the Lance Pegasus so the other enemies will start moving. (Narcian need's at least 34 attack to one round) Your Tharja can handle Michalis, and Catria can handle everything else.

Edited by Fei Mao

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I would recommend Narcian. Level 40 4* easily takes out Lance Peg without any boosts and he can tango with the Infantry Lance no sweat.

Tharja's good for Michalis. Catria's probably good for the Sword Peg and Sword Cavalier. As long as you can dance for them and manage the limited space you have to maneuver, you should be okay, I think. My earlier attempts without Palla had Michalis head east for Narcian, so I think Catria can safely move into range of the Sword Peg and not Michalis. Hopefully he'll move towards Catria in a way Tharja can get to him.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Good to hear we got the rewards! Glad that I did my part.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Boo-fricking-yah!

If we can get those questions answered too we'll get 15,000 feathers and 20 orbs. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Minerva, Eliwood, Selena, and Gordin.

I expected Minerva, but not the others. I'm surprised Marth isn't there. Looks like I have no qualms about keeping to the current banner, at least.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hell yeah, we rock!