Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Just now, Suichimo said:

I expected Minerva, but not the others. I'm surprised Marth isn't there. Looks like I have no qualms about keeping to the current banner, at least.

They don't generally seem to do Lords for these anti-GHB battles so Marth not being there isn't that surprising.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Minerva, Eliwood, Selena, and Gordin.

It still confuses me that we first have Selena (as well as Laslow and Odin) over Severa, Inigo and Owain... My issue is purely from a logical standpoint, but I checked the poll results, and their awakening personas were more popular, too. Anyway, that's just a slightly off topic thing that confuses me.

Edited by Frenzify

5 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

They don't generally seem to do Lords for these anti-GHB battles so Marth not being there isn't that surprising.

You are making Eliwood cry.

Can we stop calling them GHB? It's kind of just a little y'know, suspect when we say it that way. How about we just call it HB just so no one misunderstands what we're saying heh heh

giggity 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Welp. Didn't manage to beat Lunatic before time ran out, despite all the stamina potions I wasted. Anyone who did beat it figure out any strategies that worked for them?

I tanked Michalis with her Sister, finished him off with Tharja (she gets +spd bonus from Hinoka), and I put Sharena on the top right at the same time to distract the lance flier at the same time. It worked only because Sharena can tank both the pegasus and the cavalier, and Tharja can finish off Michalis with one attack.

Just now, XhenD said:

I tanked Michalis with her Sister, finished him off with Tharja (she gets +spd bonus from Hinoka), and I put Sharena on the top right at the same time to distract the lance flier at the same time. It worked only because Sharena can tank both the pegasus and the cavalier, and Tharja can finish off Michalis with one attack.

I don't have any physical green units except for Anna and a 3* Narcian (whom I'm considering training up for this map), so I can't tank the side with the lance peg and Michaelis very well, nor do I have any units that can one-shot him RIP. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Welp. Didn't manage to beat Lunatic before time ran out, despite all the stamina potions I wasted. Anyone who did beat it figure out any strategies that worked for them?

I posted my strategy before. Team: Narcian, Palla, M!Robin, and Olivia. Though warning: M!Robin had Swordbreaker 3. Narcian and Palla (Attack boosted) bait Lance Peg and Michalis. Palla (-Atk, hurgh) and M!Robin (+Atk) (both Attack boosted) need to work together to kill Michalis after one Moonbow proc. Narcian needs to intercept Infantry Lance. M!Robin clears Swords due to Swordbreaker. That's the general gist of my strategy.

On 20.3.2017 at 2:09 PM, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't have any physical green units except for Anna and a 3* Narcian (whom I'm considering training up for this map), so I can't tank the side with the lance peg and Michaelis very well, nor do I have any units that can one-shot him RIP. 

just to make sure you understood what I mean, I put Sharena in the blue circle, and Minerva (in your case, it would be Narcian) in the green "circle". The main idea is to seperate the blue pegasus(let's call her Josephine) from Michalis, I think Josi buffs Michalis a lot.

Edited by XhenD
people are angry because I didn't know peg knights are woman

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Peg knights are women :(

...I want to respond to this snarkily as a peg knight advocate, but this one peg is as destructive as any of my Tanas... If she wasn't standing between me and anti-bow shields, I'd be proud of her.

11 minutes ago, XhenD said:

just to make sure you understood what I mean, I put Sharena in the blue circle, and Minerva (in your case, it would be Narcian) in the green "circle". The main idea is to seperate the blue pegasus(let's call him Johan) from Michalis, I think Johan buffs Michalis a lot.

"Johan" is a girl -_-

Her real name is Josephine.

51 minutes ago, Raven said:

You're saving 350 SP at 4* because he comes with Silver axe and Rising Thunder already. Everything else on vanilla Michalis will cost 850 SP at 4*, and at 5* that special weapon of his costs 400 SP. I suppose it boils down to whether or not you can be bothered to level up a 3* unit. Personally, I want to keep my feathers to get my Effie from 4* to 5*.

It pretty much depends on priorities of the user.

1. If you value time, then keep the 4* Michalis and sacrifice the 3* one (after he gets promoted to pass on Iote's Shield - it is still gonna cost 2000 feathers anyway).
2. If you want to maximize SP Gain (before getting screwed at 5* Level 40 where SP is hard to come by), then I recommend training up the 3* version of Michalis. 

For reference, I leveled up two Cherches, one from 4* rank and one from 3* rank. Both have the same skills and were around the same level (33). I don't remember the exact numbers, but...

3* Cherche: Had enough SP to learn Iote's Shield (300?) and Rising Flame (225?) from Skill Inheritance. She has 115 SP left.
4* Cherche: Has not learned anything from Skill Inheritance and has 373 SP.

49 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

It still confuses me that we first have Selena (as well as Laslow and Odin) over Severa, Inigo and Owain... My issue is purely from a logical standpoint, but I checked the poll results, and their awakening personas were more popular, too. Anyway, that's just a slightly off topic thing that confuses me.

I think it's because the other Fates retainers got in.

41 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Can we stop calling them GHB? It's kind of just a little y'know, suspect when we say it that way. How about we just call it HB just so no one misunderstands what we're saying heh heh

giggity 

Well, Robin did wake up on the side of the road with memory loss.

54 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

That's because of the theme surrounding Fate's characters in Heroes. If you look at the available characters from Fates you will notice that every character is either a royal or one of their retainers.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

I'm really regretting not burning more orbs on Eldigan, he sounds better every time I hear about him.

Same. Now that he's in the common pool I may never get him.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, Robin did wake up on the side of the road with memory loss.

So either somebody did something to Robin that they wanted him/her to forget, or Robin saw something he/she wasn't supposed to see, or Robin saw something that he/she wanted to unsee?

*akwardly looks at Chrom and Lissa*

I knew those 2 were monsters!

1 hour ago, Dual Dragons said:

I would recommend Narcian. Level 40 4* easily takes out Lance Peg without any boosts and he can tango with the Infantry Lance no sweat.

1 hour ago, Silith13 said:

Can I get a confirm that 3* Narcien beats the Lance Peg before the drawback? Kind of makes or beaks wether I try to level him.

My level 38 3-star Narcian took the Lance Pegasus down to 1hp.  Next time I tried (since he obviously got dragged back and murdered), I just gave him an attack buff and he won.  I'm not sure off hand whether my Narcian already had max attack or not.

1 hour ago, X-Naut said:

Battling banners seem to avoid automatic 5*s in favor of more common characters.

Question about these kinds of banners: how does the rate-up apply for lower rarities?  Do the featured characters only get a total of +3% or whatever bonus?  Thinking of pulling for Triangle Adept and Vantage fodder, but if it's barely any better than a normal banner I won't bother.

Edited by GinRei

1 hour ago, Silith13 said:

Can I get a confirm that 3* Narcien beats the Lance Peg before the drawback? Kind of makes or beaks wether I try to level him.

It's absolutley true. Look here (all characters are 3*):

(btw this youtuber is always good reference for heroic battles) 

Edited by Avestus

I was about to post this video.

On a separate note, the Michalis Grand hero Battle notification that was telling us about the main battle (on the 24th) has been removed from the notice board for some reason.