Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

YfX5b7R.pngIdxXaTB.png

Units:

4* Nino, lv 40, -HP +Res, no skills inherited

4* Palla, lv 40, -Atk +Def, no skills inherited, hone Flyers equipped

5* Shanna, lv 40, +Atk - Def, Attack +2, Rally Res inherited

5* Leo, lv 40, +Speed -Res, No inherited skills

Turn 1: Palla goes to the mountain at the very bottom of Michalis's attack range.  Nino to her left for Hone Attack, Leo under Nino, Shanna to Leo's right (just under the bottom of draw back peg's range).

Turn 2: Michalis had attacked Palla previously, Nino, Leo, and Palla tag team to take him down.  Shanna kills Lance peg from next to Palla.    On the Enemy phase, the sword peg attacks Palla, bringing her to 2 HP.

Turn 3: Shanna kills Sword peg, and Nino backs away from lance fighter to the west while Leo goes to fight the Sword Cav, but Leo does not manage to kill Sword cav.  Sword cav attacks Leo on E Phase, bringing him to 8 HP.  Lance fighter keeps looming nearer.

Turn 4: Leo and Palla tag team to kill sword cav, Palla reaching him via Wings of Mercy.  Nino attacks the lance fighter, while Shanna approaches him.  On the Enemy phase, Nino tanks the lance fighter like a boss.

Turn 5: Nino/Shanna kill the Lance cav.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DID IT AHAHAHAHA!

I can die happy now.

I used the cav idea I talked about earlier. Julia/Stahl/Seliph/Effie.

The first time I tried it I used Azura/Stahl/Roy/Effie, but at the end no one could take down the blue lancer, so I subbed in Azura. A couple battles later and I realized Roy wasn't tanky enough to fit the strat, hence Seliph.

After several rounds I had my team set up with Julia below the right hand wall, Effie to her right,  with Stahl above Effie, and Seliph below her. Effie pushed Stahl up two spaces and he moved right in front of the red cav BUT DID NOT ATTACK IT. This way he was outside of the peg knights range and was still at full health. 

On the enemies turn the blue peg knight headed for Stahl and Michalis and the other peg knight went straight down. The red cav attacked Stahl and the blue lancer started moving around the top of the map.

On my turn Effie moved up one space and Stahl came down and swapped with her. His whole purpose was getting the enemy to aggro. Seliph stayed where he was and Julia moved back one space to where Effie had been.

The next enemies turn Michalis moved to the bottom right mountain tile and the red peg moved above him, to the left of the bottom wall tile. The blue peg attacked Effie and was left with a small amount of HP left, the red cav moved in behind the peg knight.

My turn I had Effie kill of the peg knight, Julia moved up one to damage the red peg knight slightly across the wall. Seliph moved below the bottom wall tile right next to Michalis BUT DID NOT ATTACK in order to prevent Michalis from activating his special on the next turn.

On the enemies turn Michalis attack Seliph, dropping him to about 10 HP, the red peg moved up towards Effie and the red cav suicided on Effie.

I had Julia attack Michalis to drop him to 1 HP and Seliph then finished him off, and Effie killed the red peg. At this point all that was left was the blue lancer who was in the top right corner of the map.

Effie and Stahl retreated while Julia moved up. Julia got one attack in, but couldn't one shot. Luckily, she was able to tank a hit and kill the blue lancer on her next turn.

Anyone who has these units this should definitely work. I used 2 stamina potions just working on this cav strategy, and as long as your initial setup is the same from when you use Stahl to aggro, all of the enemies should move to those exact spots. I'd suspect that if you switched Seliph and Julia's places at the beginning the blue peg knight would go down as well instead of heading for Stahl.

Edit:

Julia 5* lv40 +atk -res (did inherit swap and quick reposte but those didn't make a difference here)

Stahl 4* lv40 +def -res

Seliph 5* lv38 +atk -spd

Effie 5* lv40 +atk -spd

Edited by immatx

4 minutes ago, immatx said:

I DID IT AHAHAHAHA!

I can die happy now.

I used the cav idea I talked about earlier. Julia/Stahl/Seliph/Effie.

Sheesh, who would've thought  Stahl would come in to save the day . . . . . . . . .

7 minutes ago, immatx said:

I used 2 stamina potions just working on this cav strategy, and as long as your initial setup is the same from when you use Stahl to aggro, all of the enemies should move to those exact spots. I'd suspect that if you switched Seliph and Julia's places at the beginning the blue peg knight would go down as well instead of heading for Stahl.

Bro, 2 stamina potions? You could've asked someone to help make a plan XD

Anywho, congrats on your clear!

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Sheesh, who would've thought  Stahl would come in to save the day . . . . . . . . .

Yea, Stahl is hilariously effective here, taking like 2 damage at lv 40 4* after Threaten Defense.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ikr, but he's actually decent as a filler unit, I used him for a while as my tank before I made a lot of pulls.

Thanks! And, well......the first time I tried it I was so close I figured just one or two small placement changes would have done it, and then it was a few more placement changes, a quick lineup change etc. etc. But definitely worth it, I have a ton of stamina potions lying around anyway, they might as well go to some use :)

I can confirm that the lunatic map does in fact cheat. My Virion does the same damage to the blue Peg knight that he did at lv. 33 (which of course means he still can't one-round the blue Peg). He's now lv. 40. This is bullshit. He should be doing more damage than that now. I've been boosting him with Sharena's Rally Attack too.

Fuck this stupidity, I'll just remain stuck with the lowly 3 star Michalis.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I can see how stahl saved the day... it was his obstruct passive skill right? 

Anyways I still gotta clear the lunatic map. Any suggestions?

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can confirm that the lunatic map does in fact cheat. My Virion does the same damage to the blue Peg knight that he did at lv. 33 (which of course means he still can't one-round the blue Peg). He's now lv. 40. This is bullshit. He should be doing more damage than that now. I've been boosting him with Sharena's Rally Attack too.

That stinks :(

8 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I can see how stahl saved the day... it was his obstruct passive skill right? 

Anyways I still gotta clear the lunatic map. Any suggestions?

Unless you want me to use my psychic powers and see the units on your device, you should take a picture of your units or look at some of the preset teams that Raven put on the first post :]

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Unless you want me to use my psychic powers and see the units on your device, you should take a picture of your units or look at some of the preset teams that Raven put on the first post :]

Cool beans, I'll have a look. As for my team, I can't exactly post it right now, as I am in class, and my phone only lets me pit one picture per post. I can post my excel spreadsheet (yes, I use excel to track which heroes I have, as well as my dads heroes) when I get home.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't understand why I can't play this game as well as everyone else. Yeah, I lack a bunch of 5 star units, but if it's possible to win challenging maps without those, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it really is that I got too unlucky with my pulls... I did say that the only archer I've managed to summon is fricking Niles. Never even pulled another Virion before at all, let alone Gordin or Setsuna or Klein or Takumi or whoever else with bows has been available.

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You really need to be more aware of the definitions of the words you use.

The Lunatic version is in fact, hard, and brutal. But it does not cheat. It was your fault in the first place that you reduced the unit pool you could choose from.

So, it does not, in fact, cheat.

I'd imagine if you actually tried Lunatic mode from Awakening or fates, you'd be saying it "cheat" faster than I can say "intended difficulty spike".

The damage multiplier is 1.5 for effectiveness in this game. And their level and stats to up with the map as you do.

Your expectations of immediately doing more damage was unfounded.

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The Lunatic version is in fact, hard, and brutal. But it does not cheat. It was your fault in the first place that you reduced the unit pool you could choose from.

Thanks, Captain Obvious. How was I supposed to know back then that the map was going to be as hard as it is? I can't forsee everything in the game. And not reducing my unit pool wouldn't have changed anything anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

How was I supposed to know the map was going to be as hard as it is? I can't forsee everything in the game. And not reducing my unit pool wouldn't have changed anything.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You really need to be more aware of the definitions of the words you use.

So, it does not, in fact, cheat.

I'd imagine if you actually tried Lunatic mode from Awakening or fates, you'd be saying it "cheat" faster than I can say "intended difficulty spike".

Woah, guys. Let's not point fingers. We still have 3 days to get Michalis. Let's be productive and help each other strategize.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't understand why I can't play this game as well as everyone else. Yeah, I lack a bunch of 5 star units, but if it's possible to win challenging maps without those, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it really is that I got too unlucky with my pulls... I did say that the only archer I've managed to summon is fricking Niles. Never even pulled another Virion before at all, let alone Gordin or Setsuna or Klein or Takumi or whoever else with bows has been available.

It does come down to luck a lot of the time. Since you don't have a good archer you could try the cav strategy I used. I don't know how well it will work with your units, but frederick, stahl, roy, m robin might be able to replace them if you level up roy and stahl a bit.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Woah, guys. Let's not point fingers. We still have 3 days to get Michalis. Let's be productive and help each other strategize.

That's the thing. She doesn't want help.

She does nothing but complain here.

She accuses the map of being unfair when she, in fact, did it to herself. Elie and the others are on the level if a saint when a person asking for help does nothing but bash the challenge you're trying to help them overcome.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

It does come down to luck a lot of the time. Since you don't have a good archer you could try the cav strategy I used. I don't know how well it will work with your units, but frederick, stahl, roy, m robin might be able to replace them if you level up roy and stahl a bit.

But then I lose out on Palla and Sharena. Palla is the only one that can move around those mountains and Sharena's Rally Attack has been valuable. Look, there's no way I can win the lunatic map with what I have. I got too unlucky.

She accuses the map of being unfair when she, in fact, did it to herself.

lol wow. Absolutely none of this is true.

I did complain some, but I had reason to. Nobody listen to this, please.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Also as a forum side note... are the star character they're using showing up for anyone else?

Because I know using it with the wrong font shows a box in place of a star. And I'm on mobile.

I'm not sure what you're asking? Is it whether the stars on a unit's summary still show even if you change the game's language?

I do know there is a way of checking the rarity without knowing the number of stars, though. The color of the border around a unit's name changes depending on the rarity (i.e. bronze-colored border indicates 3*, silver is 4* and gold is 5*).

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't understand why I can't play this game as well as everyone else. Yeah, I lack a bunch of 5 star units, but if it's possible to win challenging maps without those, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it really is that I got too unlucky with my pulls... I did say that the only archer I've managed to summon is fricking Niles. Never even pulled another Virion before at all, let alone Gordin or Setsuna or Klein or whoever else with bows has been available.

Well if you're still saving your orbs for Ike, this kind of problem is expected. You're not gonna have the luxury of variety like everyone else because you're choosing to wait for one particular banner, which really isn't a bad idea if you have your eyes set on one person. However, of the characters you do pull, it's better for you to save them so that you won't run into issues like these. But it doesn't matter now. Crying about it isn't going to help anyone! You have the 3 star and that's the best you can get. As long as you know you tried your hardest then the end result is irrelevant because you gave 100%, even if you think your best isn't good enough!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But then I lose out on Palla and Sharena. Palla is the only one that can move around those mountains and Sharena's Rally Attack has been valuable. Look, there's no way I can win the lunatic map with what I have. I got too unlucky.

As long as you gave it your best shot.

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm not sure what you're asking? Is it whether the stars on a unit's summary still show even if you change the game's language?

I do know there is a way of checking the rarity without knowing the number of stars, though. The color of the border around a unit's name changes depending on the rarity (i.e. bronze-colored border indicates 3*, silver is 4* and gold is 5*).

I meant in the forum. Most people here use asterisks. While I see boxes on the person I quoted right after the 3 and 4.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A ragtag team of 3-star free units can clear the Lunatic map (Olivia, Narcian, Subaki, Sophia). What happened in that battle is that Narcian's and Subaki's gem weapons allow them to hard-counter certain enemy units. Sophia's job is to blow up Michalis with WTA and hitting him on his weaker Res stat. Olivia dances for Subaki and Sophia as well as provide Hone Atk boosts.

It's also been proven that a team of 3-star free units can clear Lunatic 9-5 no-deaths (Hana, Subaki, Felicia, Raigh).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Some people use Unicode BLACK STAR (U+2605) or WHITE STAR (U+2606) or a similar character when posting instead of an asterisk or spelling it out. On some fonts, that character isn't defined.

Finally cleared the map on Lunatic here.

Units:

5* Lv 40 Lucina

5* Lv 38 Abel

4* Lv 36 Gunter

4* Lv 30 Effie

Turn 1:

Effie smites Abel up the right side after he gets the hone boost from Gunter to KO the sword cav without taking damage.

Turn 2:

Abel falls back down the side and Effie smites Gunter into position to cover Abel from the lance pegasus knight. Lucina moves into position to draw in and destroy Michalis.

Turn 3+:

Gunter finishes off the lance pegasus knight, Abel takes out the sword pegasus knight, and the team kites back the lance infantry until it can be attacked by both Gunter and Abel for the kill.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

She accuses the map of being unfair when she, in fact, did it to herself.

Unfortunately, this is only the first time I've seen such a thing. 

I apologize in advance if I come across as either rude or blunt, I certainly don't mean to seem that way, but your responses don't exactly help the situation either...

I only jumped in and put in my two cents because I didn't want it to escalate any further. 

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well if you're still saving your orbs for Ike, this kind of problem is expected. You're not gonna have the luxury of variety like everyone else because you're choosing to wait for one particular banner, which really isn't a bad idea if you have your eyes set on one person. However, of the characters you do pull, it's better for you to save them so that you won't run into issues like these. But it doesn't matter now. Crying about it isn't going to help anyone! You have the 3 star and that's the best you can get. As long as you know you tried your hardest then the end result is irrelevant because you gave 100%, even if you think your best isn't good enough!

As long as you gave it your best shot.

Not just Ike, any banner that has characters I want. But unfortunately, there hasn't been such a banner except for a couple that included Ephraim. I tried for Ephraim a few times, but I didn't get him and didn't want to end up throwing away all my orbs and not have any for future banners.

I don't mean to "cry" about anything though, I apologize if I came off that way. I'm more mature than that, I'm pretty sure.

And yeah, I suppose so...

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I apologize in advance if I come across as either rude or blunt, I certainly don't mean to seem that way, but your responses don't exactly help the situation either...

This. Whether I learn anything or not, constantly telling me I don't or that I always complain doesn't help me learn.