Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks, Captain Obvious. How was I supposed to know back then that the map was going to be as hard as it is? I can't forsee everything in the game. And not reducing my unit pool wouldn't have changed anything anyway.

The characters you weren't interested in or sent home. They have skills. They have contributions. By sending them home and immediately dismissing their value, you reduced your options. So yes, it will have changed it.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But then I lose out on Palla and Sharena. Palla is the only one that can move around those mountains and Sharena's Rally Attack has been valuable. Look, there's no way I can win the lunatic map with what I have. I got too unlucky.

lol wow. Absolutely none of this is true.

I did complain some, but I had reason to. Nobody listen to this, please.

Look at this post. You said "I'm just too unlucky". Blaming everything but yourself. And just said you give up.

So, what else do you have to contribute? Saying how the map cheats? If you give up and say yourl dont have the units to beat it, you don't want help.

It's as simple as that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I meant in the forum. Most people here use asterisks. While I see boxes on the person I quoted right after the 3 and 4.

Oh.

Well, I'm on an iPad right now and I can see the star on the video titles just fine. How can you check whether or not a font supports that character though? Just curious.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

The characters you weren't interested in or sent home. They have skills. They have contributions. By sending them home and immediately dismissing their value, you reduced your options. So yes, it will have changed it.

What? I just said earlier that I used SEVERAL characters as skill fodder. I didn't just send them home. Learn to read posts. And it's actually been quite some time since I last sent anyone home simply because I didn't like them.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not just Ike, any banner that has characters I want. But unfortunately, there hasn't been such a banner except for a couple that included Ephraim. I tried for Ephraim a few times, but I didn't get him and didn't want to end up throwing away all my orbs and not have any for future banners.

I don't mean to "cry" about anything though, I apologize if I came off that way. I'm more mature than that, I'm pretty sure.

And yeah, I suppose so...

This. Whether I learn anything or not, constantly telling me I don't or that I always complain doesn't help me learn.

Apologies, that wasn't directed at you. 

I kinda wished we could've battled Michalis 4 times to get 4 copies. As broken as that might be, I'm starting to regret wasting his Iote's shield on Minerva (I really don't know what went through my mind when she had Life and Death). Next time, I think they should offer 3 difficulties, Normal (for 2*), Hard (for 3*), and Lunatic (for 4*). That'd be nice.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I know, I was saying that I agreed with it.

Oh ok. My bad. ( ^_^')

Anyways, im thinking I'm gonna use Subaki, Narcian, Selena and Takumi... does this sound good? Anything I need to inherit?

Subaki will likely inherit savage blow from one of my 3 camillas.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This. Whether I learn anything or not, constantly telling me I don't or that I always complain doesn't help me learn.

Ana, I'm not going to sugarcoat something just so you can learn. This is a forum. You've been here at least 4 years. And you have still yet to learn how to properly follow logical flow.

The truth of the matter is:

1. The map isn't cheating.

2. You have the resources to beat it.

3. You have nothing to blame but yourself.

4. You bring negativity to this thread by egging on others with illogical concepts. Such as the video arguments earlier.

If you came in here, your reason should have been to discuss or get help with how to beat it. Not rant about how you are somehow have an unlucky streak with FE heroes.

If you still want to beat the map, then by all means stay here.

But if not, you're only going to be constantly reminded that you weren't just unlucky.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh ok. My bad. ( ^_^')

Anyways, im thinking I'm gonna use Subaki, Narcian, Selena and Takumi... does this sound good? Anything I need to inherit?

Seems perfect imo.

tbh the map is only very difficult if you don't have a way to kill the lance peg and tank the cav.

Switching Takumi with a Dancer would make it better though.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Seems perfect imo.

tbh the map is only very difficult if you don't have a way to kill the lance peg and tank the cav.

Switching Takumi with a Dancer would make it better though.

Interesting. I only have Olivia, would that work?

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I kinda wished we could've battled Michalis 4 times to get 4 copies. As broken as that might be, I'm starting to regret wasting his Iote's shield on Minerva (I really don't know what went through my mind when she had Life and Death). Next time, I think they should offer 3 difficulties, Normal (for 2*), Hard (for 3*), and Lunatic (for 4*). That'd be nice.

Yeah that would help a lot. Especially since most of the GHB have a rare or unique skill, and are also decent fighters so you want to keep 1 of them.

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

Interesting. I only have Olivia, would that work?

What * rating is your Olivia?

I'm pretty sure she never has to see combat though, but she can take at least one hit if she needs to from Michalis due to having WTD against her.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh ok. My bad. ( ^_^')

I disagree with @MrSmokestack

I think your team is amazing just the way it is. A lot of people think dancers are the way to go but nah, Takumi is actually perfect. In the end the decision is yours, of course. Olivia is an okay but dont expect her to take a hit from Michalis. Might want to give Takumi shove or smite if you have it, but if you don't I don't think you need it.

@Anacybele 

After lots of thinking, noticing your lack of effective 2-range (meaning, Magic, as opposed to Bow users) makes this a challenge to consider.

I think if you were to grind up Abel a bunch, he could prove significantly more useful than my girl Sharena, because of his Brave Lance and Swordbreaker allowing you to obliterate the Sword Cavalier. Palla/Abel/Olivia and a green (probably Fred) strike me as the best team in your case; I really don't know how useful Virion will be even with his Seal Speed. Palla has Spur Spd and Olivia's Hone Atk can serve as an alternate version of Rally Attack with clever usage. 

Would you mind sharing their stats for me? Abel I know has a ways to go but Olivia should be able to shrug off one attack from even Michalis in about 3 levels. 

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I think your team is amazing just the way it is. A lot of people think dancers are the way to go but nah, Takumi is actually perfect. In the end the decision is yours, of course. Olivia is an okay but dont expect her to take a hit from Michalis. Might want to give Takumi shove or smite if you have it, but if you don't I don't think you need it.

I disagree with @Arcanite

Takumi is not only redundant if you have Selena already, but a Dancer makes the map so much easier. I don't know about the stats on his Selena nor her * rating but my guess is Triangle Adept makes her do more damage to Michalis than Takumi regardless. Takumi might be good for finishing things off on the map but no bonus damage means he can only do anywhere between 10-13 damage to Michalis. Ouch.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Olivia is good because she can possibly survive a hit from Michalis if you have a minor screwup. Mine did.

I'll try both this evening. Gotta restore stamina. Saving my potions for another time.

Sorry if my behavior seemed off putting in regards to... you know... I'm in the middle of a class, and they don't need to know the situation. 

6 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'll try both this evening. Gotta restore stamina. Saving my potions for another time.

Sorry if my behavior seemed off putting in regards to... you know... I'm in the middle of a class, and they don't need to know the situation. 

Dude, you're fine. I had absolutely no problem with you or your reasonable responses.

If anything, I have more to apologize for than you.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Don't apologize.

I won't name names, but you can't control the conduct of other people on the forum or how they'll react to posts based on their mood. Plain and simple.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Takumi is not only redundant if you have Selena already, but a Dancer makes the map so much easier. I don't know about the stats on his Selena nor her * rating but my guess is Triangle Adept makes her do more damage to Michalis than Takumi. Takumi might be good for finishing things off on the map but no bonus damage means he can only do anywhere between 10-13 damage. Ouch.

Takumi isn't for Michalis, he's for the other peggies. That's why the focus has 2 swords, one ax,and one bow with no dancers. I was wrong in saying Olivia won't tank a hit from mikey, but selena most definitely can take multiple hits since @TheTuckingFypo is planning on using Selena anyway. 10-13 isn't even that bad for some clean chip.

11 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, I'm not going to sugarcoat something just so you can learn. This is a forum. You've been here at least 4 years. And you have still yet to learn how to properly follow logical flow.

The truth of the matter is:

1. The map isn't cheating.

2. You have the resources to beat it.

3. You have nothing to blame but yourself.

4. You bring negativity to this thread by egging on others with illogical concepts. Such as the video arguments earlier.

If you came in here, your reason should have been to discuss or get help with how to beat it. Not rant about how you are somehow have an unlucky streak with FE heroes.

If you still want to beat the map, then by all means stay here.

But if not, you're only going to be constantly reminded that you weren't just unlucky.

I tried to get help, but the help I was given was either not possible to use (because I didn't have the suggested units or something) or help that didn't work (trying to one-round the blue Peg with Virion). You can't blame me for that. And there was no way I couldn't be negative to some degree.

"follow logical flow"? I have no idea what you mean by this exactly.

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

@Anacybele 

After lots of thinking, noticing your lack of effective 2-range (meaning, Magic, as opposed to Bow users) makes this a challenge to consider.

I think if you were to grind up Abel a bunch, he could prove significantly more useful than my girl Sharena, because of his Brave Lance and Swordbreaker allowing you to obliterate the Sword Cavalier. Palla/Abel/Olivia and a green (probably Fred) strike me as the best team in your case; I really don't know how useful Virion will be even with his Seal Speed. Palla has Spur Spd and Olivia's Hone Atk can serve as an alternate version of Rally Attack with clever usage. 

Would you mind sharing their stats for me? Abel I know has a ways to go but Olivia should be able to shrug off one attack from even Michalis in about 3 levels. 

My Palla has Hone Spd, not Spur Spd. I sacrificed an Eirika for it. I don't really want to grind up both Abel and Olivia just for this, even though I suppose it could work. I'll have to think about it. Getting one unit to lv. 40 is not easy, let alone two of them. I just wasted a lot of stamina and stamina potions doing that with Virion and it proved useless.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Dude, you're fine. I had absolutely no problem with you or your reasonable responses.

Cool.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Takumi is not only redundant if you have Selena already, but a Dancer makes the map so much easier. I don't know about the stats on his Selena nor her * rating but my guess is Triangle Adept makes her do more damage to Michalis than Takumi regardless. Takumi might be good for finishing things off on the map but no bonus damage means he can only do anywhere between 10-13 damage to Michalis. Ouch.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Interesting. For the record:

Subaki is level 32, +speed/-resistance

Olivia is level 32, balanced

Selena is level 32, +resistance/-defense I think.

Narcian is level 31, balanced. 

Takumi is level 40, +resistance/-attack, but y'all knew that already.

They are all 4*, besides Takumi.

---

You two are amusing me. So civil XD

8 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yeah, you haven't done anything wrong at all, don't worry.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I tried to get help, but the help I was given was either not possible to use (because I didn't have the suggested units or something) or help that didn't work (trying to one-round the blue Peg with Virion). You can't blame me for that. And there was no way I couldn't be negative to some degree.

"follow logical flow"? I have no idea what you mean by this exactly.

My Palla has Hone Spd, not Spur Spd. I sacrificed an Eirika for it. I don't really want to grind up both Abel and Olivia just for this, even though I suppose it could work. I'll have to think about it. Getting one unit to lv. 40 is not easy, let alone two of them. I just wasted a lot of stamina and stamina potions doing that with Virion and it proved useless.

Actually, I'm curious to know what you do have. Once I get home (about 1 hour from now) I'll play around with your team possibilities (I actually have fun with this).