Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

This Lunatic GHB was the easiest one for me so far because I already had a level 40 5* Minerva.  My team (all level 40) was 5* Lucina, Minerva, Priscilla, and 4* Lilina.  I did it a couple of days ago, but if I recall correctly, I started out by putting Minerva in the lance flyer's range, and she defeated the lance flyer during the enemy phase.  On the next turn, I had Lilina attack Michalis, and Minerva finished him off.  Priscilla gave Minerva heal, and Lucina went to the right to go fight the sword cavalry.  Minerva fought the sword flyer for a turn (or two?), was healed again, and then took out the lancer.  (I think I had Lucina beside Minerva and/or Lilina during turn 1-2 for her Spur Atk 3, but I don't know if it made a difference or not.)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>thinks Takumi can one shot Michalis

>Iote's Shield

>Despair

Anyways, after a bunch of random experimentation, I finally beat Lunatic! Used 5* Marth, Takumi, 4* Lilina and Olivia.

The strategy was have Takumi kill the flyer to the right, then have Marth pivot above Takumi to protect him from the red cav. On enemy phase Michalis almost kills Takumi, who retaliates back with chip damage. Marth and the red cav get low on health. On player phase, Lilina kills Michalis with Olivia's help, Takumi kills the remaining flyer, and Marth kills the red cav. All that's left is the blue infantry unit, and to deal with him I had everyone run to the bottom left corner, putting Lilina and Takumi in position to kill the unit together (needing Olivia's dance while doing so).

Honestly, I don't know how I just beat the Lunatic map, as I was just experimenting. Probably thanks to my strategic brilliancy a.k.a AI exploitation.

Started the 3rd turn with Olivia beside Lucina to make use of Hone Atk. Then Effie pushed her up on the right side. Because of the extra ATK she could kill the rider in one turn and Falchion would heal her in the next. And I just needed this extra HP because the red flyer decided to come for her, what a weird move. The rest was Klein/Olivia (with a little help from Effie) cleaning the battlefield.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170327-045056.thumb.png.d1526de418db66ed0c9196bdfc4a4c54.pngScreenshot_20170327-045154.thumb.png.042f583fd6a626d3edfcd645af74bcd2.png

Needless to say, I'm just happy that I managed to do it. I was already going through the skill list to find some useful ones for inheritance, as I don't have enough variety in my strong units.

Edited by M.T. Cicero

Finally beat the lunatic map. My default team was not well suited to this and I had no good way of dealing with the blue flier until I trained narcian from 2* level 1. I also got stuck having to train a red mage 20 levels so I could deal with michalis. Tharja and Henry were the only 4* red mages I had, so I just trained tharja. The rest of my team was nowi and ninian. Narcian baited the blue flier. After that tharja killed michalis with a bit of dancing help. Nowi helped deal with the blue lance unit and the red flier while ninian and tharja helped with the red cavalry.

I'm pretty proud of myself for beating the Hard mode on my first try on my F2P Tablet account, with units ranging level 26-28.  I used Eirika, Azura, Olwen, and Minerva.

Can anyone see a possible way out of this..? lol

So close, but pretty sure I'm gonna die.  Been training up my Tharja to see if she helps at all, but time is low and so is stamina.

Screenshot_20170326-215317.png

1 minute ago, Nyaoista said:

So close, but pretty sure I'm gonna die.  Been training up my Tharja to see if she helps at all, but time is low and so is stamina.

Unless Nino can take a hit from the cavalry, you're screwed but I'll try.

Olivia left one

If Nino can kill Sword cav in one hit, kill him in Olivia's place. If not then:

Lissa left one

Nino goes in Lissa's previous place.

Minerva kills sword peggi 

3 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

There is no way you are going to be able to take out that cav in one turn. So, is anyone able to tank one turn from the sword cav?

8 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

What special skill does Nino have, and does it deal enough damage to kill the sword knight?

@Kiran What Def would one need to tank that?  Atk of 50 with Death Blow 3, so extra 6... Nino might be able to tank it...

@Ice Dragon Nino has Luna, I can't tell if it does enough until I move someone to get her closer lol. Her Atk is 47 if she's next to Olivia (she has Hone Atk 3).

@Arcanite Ah, sorry! And the edit option is so blatant too...bah.

Nino defense is 19, and speed is 36.

Nino can live a hit! If my calculations are correct she takes about 26 damage so you will definitely live one. But see if you can kill the cav after moving Olivia to the left one.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Nino can live a hit! If my calculations are correct she takes about 26 damage so you will definitely live one. But see if you can kill the cav after moving Olivia to the left one.

If my calculations are correct, the sword cav is going to blow Nino to the next dimension when he attacks. 

(50 attack + 6 from death blow) x 1.2 WTA = 67 effective attack. 67 - 19 = 48. Nino has 36 HP. 

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

He would've been left with 12, so I tried to tank it, but for some reason Nino took 48 and died?  I don't even understand how,  because I was thinking she'd take around 26 too.

@MaskedAmpharos Lol, well that would be why. Oops.

Edited by Nyaoista

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Did you factor in Death Blow?

EDIT:

He would've been left with 12, so I tried to tank it, but for some reason Nino took 48 and died?  I don't even understand how,  because I was thinking she'd take around 26 too.

WTD and Death Blow.

How much are you using Lissa?  I find that a blue offensive unit is much more valuable than a healer on this map.

Edited by eclipse

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If my calculations are correct, the sword cav is going to blow Nino to the next dimension when he attacks. 

(50 attack + 6 from death blow) x 1.2 WTA = 67 effective attack. 67 - 19 = 48. Nino has 36 HP. 

That face when u use disadvantage instead of advantage heh heh yeah . . .  .

That's why I always say something like "If my calculations are correct"

2 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

Wow I just completely ruined your game. I feel so bad

I don't even know what to say

I'm sorry ;-;

Jumps off of cliff

Edited by Arcanite

@Arcanite How could you??? A sweet, innocent cinnamon roll lost her life today because of your miscalculation D:

RIP Nino we will always remember you in our hearts ;____;

EDIT: It's alright, stuff happens. We're human after all. I'm sure Nino would forgive you.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Did you factor in Death Blow?

My estimation of 26-ish was based on the damage Lissa took before, but obviously that is forgetting about advantage hah... Also possible that Minerva had been next to Lissa.

@Arcanite Noo, it's okay, I was forgetting the triangle tooo. >.<

@MaskedAmpharos Nino would probably literally forgive anyone anything, let's be real.

Ugh my phone is making posting a nightmare right now. x.x

Edited by Nyaoista

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Arcanite How could you??? A sweet, innocent cinnamon roll lost her life today because of your miscalculation D:

RIP Nino we will always remember you in our hearts ;____;

I don't even know what to do with my life

I just ruined 2 people's dreams: Nino and @Nyaoista.

Do I cry?

Give her something for compensation? 

What do I give?

Pity?

:(:

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't even know what to do with my life

I just ruined 2 people's dreams: Nino and @Nyaoista.

Do I cry?

Give her something for compensation? 

What do I give?

Pity?

:(:

There is only one way to redeem yourself. You must ensure the spirit of Nino lives on in other incarnations, forever doing her best to bring joy and hope to those whose paths she crosses. I think it's pretty clear now who your next 5* promotion should be. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

There is only one way to redeem yourself. You must ensure the spirit of Nino lives on in other incarnations, forever doing her best to bring joy and hope to those whose paths she crosses. I think it's pretty clear now who your next 5* promotion should be. 

Okay :sob:

*cries self to sleep*

I'm terribly confused why suddenly my screenshots are too big to attach...

Anyhow, @Kiran, I've been told Tharja (4*, level 37 at the moment) and Ephraim (5*, level 40) can be useful for this map.  I also have 5* level 40 Caeda, Hawkeye, Camilla, and Takumi, in addition to my Nino and Minerva.

Lissa and Cordelia are 4* and level 40, almost-40 4*s besides Tharja are Reinhardt, Frederick, Stahl...

That's probably all I have that could be useful?  Palla seems to be useful here, but mine's only a 3* at level 25.