Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Can confirm that 4-star Cherche with +Att nature, +Att seal, full hone attack and attack spur and default skills and weapons otherwise just 1-shots the lance flier.

Managed to get Alfonse to kill Michalis from there and finally clear the lunatic map! (Yeah, dumb method just to kill one unit, and Narcian is a better call for this strategy)

So I'm wondering if Michalis can do the same as Cherche at 4* or if he'll need particular skills and or supports.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleared everything fairly easily. This was the first Lunatic I ever beat, and I remember the team of Tharja/Beruka/Olivia/Lissa. From there, switching out to Lilina/Michalis/PA!Azura was easy. Tana was there to sweep the swords on Lunatic and Infernal, but Anna was fine enough for Hard.

I am looking forward to Close Defence.

Edited by bethany81707

Wow. 5* +Spd -Def base kit Palla with Hone Fliers and no stat-boosting A skill (or just Fury + a Hone Atk then) ORKOs Infernal Michalis. What a chump.

Cheesed Infernal with fliers, but I probably won't have stamina to spare for this guy to figure out something else.

Beat Infernal with my traditional horse team of Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Lyn.

Reinhardt just barely ORKO’d the lance peg (with Lancebreaker and Draconic Aura), then got Repositioned by Camus who tanked and counterkilled the zanbato cavalier.

Then we tactically retreated until Xander tanked and barely not killed Michalis with QR2. QP would have helped Xander charge Bonfire and explode Mike, but I’m not going to try because I’m lazy.

Some more retreating, sword pegasi fall to Reinhardt and Lyn, Mike finished off by Xander, and the spearwoman was Reinhardt’s prey.

wQuYb8H.png

Infernal took several tries since Brave Lyn and Reinhardt had a hard time scoring kills. Ended up having Reinhardt switch to Luna and made them divide and conquer with Brave Lyn focusing on the left and Reinhardt on the right. Reinhardt kites Michalis easily using the walls.

5* Olivia

+2 Brave Lyn: S-rank summoner support, Reposition

5*+1 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Reposition, Luna, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Quickened Pulse

+2 +Atk/-Def PA Azura

Used Mkv's strat (uses Olivia, Subaki, Michalis, and Cecilia) for the Michalis mirror quests.

Cleared the Anna vs. Michalis quests using the following:

5* Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Fury 3 (besides her usual dancing routine, she baits and tanks Michalis into KO range for Anna)

5* Anna

+2 Brave Lyn: has S-rank summoner support, Reposition, Hone Cavalry

5* Clive: Sapphire Lance, Swap, Ignis, Earth Boost 3, Quick Riposte 1

Edited by Roflolxp54

Cleared Infernal using some Guidance warping strats.  The two spaces in front of Michalis allowed me to convieniently warp over my two armoured units with the help of two fliers... from there, both Burger King and Wendy's proceeded to destroy everything.

Team + Relevant things...

• Elincia [+Def/-Res] - (Guidance 1 seal)
  • Black Knight [Neutral] - (Base Kit / Swap / Hone Armour / Quickened Pulse)
  • Gwendolyn [+Spd/-HP] - (Slaying Lance + / Bonfire / Fury 3 / Hone Armour / Spd +3)
  • Tana [Neutral] - (Guidance 3 / Spur Spd 3)

Edited by ExKalibur

Beat Infernal using a team of Xander, Cherche, Gordin, and Tsubaki. (Everyone but Gordin is 5-star.) Gordin took out the leftmost red flier, then Xander reposition'd him away. Cherche with lancebreaker 1RKO'd the blue pegasus knight while the other enemies closed in. Put Xander in the outermost range of Michalis while avoiding everyone else, and Tsubaki in the range of the other red pegasus knight. On the EP,  both take themselves out against Xander and Tsubaki. Had Xander and Gordin run away while Cherche and Tsubaki picked off the remaining enemies.

I did Infernal in first try lol. Sigurd is a god, he even tanked the attack from that Deathblow 3 Zanbato Cav and killed him on the counter. In fact he tanked everything with Aether.

Edited by Logos

I really like Michalis' GHB. He's the first unit I ever promoted to 5 stars, and he's still pulling his weight after all this time. Aside from the horses, I think he's one of the best GHB units we've received so far. Then again I may be a little biased considering he carried my Arena team for months. I ought to add some merges to him, but I also kind of want to give Iote's shield to some other fliers... Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll make an Iote's shield seal one of these days. 

Anyways, I used Flier Emblem + Dancer to clear Infernal. And I used basically the same strategy for the Anna quest. (Anna's great with Fury and Desperation. She could tank one hit from Michalis and then finish him off on player phase.) 

Infernal team was:

5* Michalis - Hauteclere, Swap, Dragon Fang, Iote's Shield, QR 2, Fortify Fliers
PA!Azura - Just for dancing and buffs
5* Palla (+ATK -RES) - Ruby Sword+, Reposition, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3, Wings of Mercy, Goad Fliers
5* Cordelia (+ATK -DEF) - Brave Lance+, Reposition, Galeforce, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers

Not really much of a strategy. I used Azura to dance Cordelia towards the sword peg. Cordelia slid back, and Palla repositioned her away. And I could bait Michalis with Michalis. The rest of the GHB just fell into place. 

Surprisingly trashed Infernal in one try. B Ike, B Cordelia, PA Azura and Effie. B Ike with the Close Def seal just laughed at the red cav and blue flier. He's even -def, but Close def made up for it. I brought Effie thinking I'd need a good blue tank for the reds on the map, but she ended up not even seeing combat at all. Ike ate one red flier on the second turn too, and B Cordelia trashed Michalis, the second red flier, and the blue lance after a couple turns of positioning and dances.

59 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Beat Infernal with my traditional horse team of Xander, Camus, Reinhardt, and Lyn.

Used the same team but with Michalis instead of Anna for the quests on Lunatic.

Again, Reinhardt zaps lance flier, Camus repositions and counterpokes sword cav, move down, Reinhardt zaps sword flier, Michalis/Anna baits Michalis and finishes him off on player phase, spearwoman is a non-issue.

Three orbs are three orbs.

The mission wasn't too hard for Michalis. Anna, on the other hand, was a test of patience as I struggled to figure out how to both keep her alive and not kill Michalis with Arvis on Lunatic. Did it with those two, Azura and Lukas.

Got the infernal version on my first attempt with Flier Emblem: 5* Michalis, Hinoka, Elincia and 4* Caeda. Caeda with Desperation is worth it guys! Oh, and Hone + Fortify + Goad is useful if you want your axe flier to take out the lance flier as the starting point, I have no doubt that QR was unnecessary on Michalis, but I could be wrong.

Beat infernal with Camus, B!Lyn, Ryoma and Ninian.

Camus was danced to go and take out the sword cav first turn (what Zabanto?) after which the game pretty much came down to B!Lyn sniping everything down with dance support. Ryoma was there to handle Michalis, but I didn't really end up using him in the end...

I used Catria, Michalis, Nowitch, and S Corrin. I beat it in one try, too. Michalis baited the blue flier in the beginning and everyone went right. Nowitch killed the enemy Michalis after my Michalis tanked his attack. Catria killed the red fliers and Corrin killed the red cavs. Michalis killed the blue infantry :)

Infernal Michalis vs Askr Trio & Michalis

As usual: no brave weapons
no merging
simple Skill inheritance (albeit some skill arent even used at all and are just there)

3/4 of the quests done in one go, cant kill Michalis with Michalis and Anna at the same time giving the finishing blow lol

Lol witchy nowi with a hone fliers boost one rounds michalis player-phase turn #1. Cleared infernal on first try with witchy nowi / Camilla / hinoka / brave lucina. This is super-cheesable with flier emblem.

Edited by Shoblongoo

Beat infernal with Flyer Emblem using Est, H! Nowi, S! Corrin, and Michalis. S! Corrin and H! Nowi are not absolutely required  to use my strategy but a Red Mage or Archer of some description to replace her and fortify flyers is recommended (what I used S! Corrin for)  I do not know how much Hone Flyer actually helped and how much of it was overkill but it was active Goad Flyers should work just fine in its absence. Est and Michalis carry the bulk of the battle my weird Est build is required to actually do the strat (TA3, Brave Lance+) my Michalis runs (Fortress Def 3,  QR2, Ignis) this allows both of them to tank like bosses and kill when it counts.