Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I believe in FE5, enemies would run away if they were unable to damage your units due to either having zero damage or zero hit percent.

Are you absolutely sure the unit wasn't (1) trying to attack someone else, (2) trying to buff an ally, or (3) trying to path around an obstacle?

The AI in this game actively tries to move towards units it has advantage against while avoiding those it is disadvantaged against as long as it has a choice to do so (and there is nothing in range to immediately attack).

Yeah, the lance flier on lunatic would not attack hector. Instead, it moved around. On hard, he opened by suiciding into him.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Very interesting...so all you have to do is spend some time and 600 feathers to get these free units up to level 40 3* and you have a guaranteed victory.  Tempted to do this, since I already have a level 40 4* Olivia and a natural 3* Subaki...though I'm not sure on his nature, and he ate my free ones.

Go to Unlock Potential and go to promote him without actually confirming. It'll give you his prospective 4* stats, which you can compare against a calculator (the merges don't matter since he'd lose them).

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Go to Unlock Potential and go to promote him without actually confirming. It'll give you his prospective 4* stats, which you can compare against a calculator (the merges don't matter since he'd lose them).

I edited my post after you hit quote, but my Subaki is level 6 so I can't use Unlock Potential to see his level 1 4* stats without taking the time to level him to 20.

I wonder...could I sub in a level 40 4* Shanna and a level 40 4* Tharja?  That way I would only have to raise up Narcian.  I bet I could use Tharja, but I don't think Shanna would have enough tankiness to pull of the trick.

Edited by Eselred

2 minutes ago, Eselred said:

I edited my post after you hit quote, but my Subaki is level 6 so I can't use Unlock Potential to see his level 1 4* stats without taking the time to level him to 20.

I wonder...could I sub in a level 40 4* Shanna and a level 40 4* Tharja?  That way I would only have to raise up Narcian.  I bet I could use Tharja, but I don't think Shanna would have enough tankiness to pull of the trick.

Ah. Well, the good thing about that is hitting 20 is absurdly easy with the x1.5 EXP multiplier. If you're really curious, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes and ~15 stamina if the rest of the team is built around feeding him everything.

I doubt it for Shanna. She is about as durable as paper and her damage output isn't much better than Subaki's. Above level 30, I've found her to always be more of a liability than anything. Tharja should definitely work against Michalis, since she's a fast, murderous red tome and he's a green axe with mediocre Spd and really bad Res.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Why was the window so short this time around?

It will be back on Thursday the 24th. This was just an event where we could earn some more orbs and feathers, and a chance to get Michalis 4 days early.

I never did see an announcement about the early bird promotion, and now the old announcement about the GHB is gone altogether.  Think we'll be able to get him again in a few days?

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I never did see an announcement about the early bird promotion, and now the old announcement about the GHB is gone altogether.  Think we'll be able to get him again in a few days?

24 is the official release

todays run is more for challenge event

I've never managed to complete a lunatic GHB before, but now that I have several gold characters maxed out and gotten some nice skills inherited I'm hoping to try this Friday. What I'm wanting to know is if the team I have put together has a good chance in the lunatic run or if I should switch out some units for alternatives.

What I have so far:

Chrom (Defiant Def 3, Axebreker 3, Spur Def 3)

Hector (Distant Counter, Vantage 2, Spur Atk 2)

Robin M (Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Spur Def 3)

Takumi (Close Counter, Vantage 3, Threaten Spd 3)

Alternates

Roy w/Glimmer (Triangle Adept 3, Seal Def 3)

Ryoma (Hone Spd 3)

Merric (HP +5, Spur Res 3)

Robin F (Defiant Res 3)

Azura w/Glacies (Speed +3, Fortify Res 3)

4 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

I've never managed to complete a lunatic GHB before, but now that I have several gold characters maxed out and gotten some nice skills inherited I'm hoping to try this Friday. What I'm wanting to know is if the team I have put together has a good chance in the lunatic run or if I should switch out some units for alternatives.

What I have so far:

Alternates

Ryoma (Hone Spd 3)

Robin F (Defiant Res 3)

You may want to try Azura (or maybe Merric if you really want a check for the 2 blue units) in lieu of Hector, as 1 movement is pretty killer on this map - you might be able to make it work regardless if the Spur Attack is 100% essential, but a dancer will help make proceedings much smoother.

Other than that (I was a wee bit concerned about Chrom, but Axebreaker should be enough to safely counter Michalis), everything looks pretty good.

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Ah. Well, the good thing about that is hitting 20 is absurdly easy with the x1.5 EXP multiplier. If you're really curious, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes and ~15 stamina if the rest of the team is built around feeding him everything.

I doubt it for Shanna. She is about as durable as paper and her damage output isn't much better than Subaki's. Above level 30, I've found her to always be more of a liability than anything. Tharja should definitely work against Michalis, since she's a fast, murderous red tome and he's a green axe with mediocre Spd and really bad Res.

I'm working on it, but 3* Subaki and 2* Narcian aren't exactly tearing down the house...it's much more than 10 minutes even feeding all the EXP to those two.

Shanna worked out well for me at the beginning...she was a part of my original level 40 A-team, but she got quickly replaced.

Hmm, are you bringing strong supports? I usually bring my M!Robin and Olivia, plus healer, focusing on training a single unit. Spur Def 3 and Hone Atk 3 make such a huge difference against those early, low stats, that I find even my 2* units are borderline invincible and two-shot the enemies (meaning one kill per turn thanks to Olivia).

Yeah, my Shanna was actually my very first pull and just started overpowering a lot of stuff because of how strong 4*s are compared to pre-Lunatic campaign. However, I found her struggling majorly in Chapter 9 of both Normal and Hard and Lunatic forced me to completely phase her out. She just wasn't pulling her weight, taking huge damage even while at WTA and not having enough raw Res to power through duels with mages. Made me rather sad, since I happen to like pegasus knights a lot. I later came back and took her to 40 and training her was such a chore because stuff 35+ was just kicking her ass, even if it was red. At one, maybe two kills per training battle, she wasn't impressing me. I've recently dusted her off again since she's one of the 4 only capable fliers I have for the Tenth-Stratum flier quest and... well, she's pretty much a liability. She can't engage blues without getting or nearly getting one-rounded and reds trade her 1:1, or something even in the red's favour. I really wish she was better, because the harsh truth is that she just isn't very good.

So my Subaki appears to be -SPD and +DEF.  Looking at the video again, the Sword Peg has 36 SPD, which doubles a neutral Subaki as well, and the Sword Cav has 25 SPD, which doesn't double anything.  But that also means my -SPD Subaki can't double the Sword Cav...

My account is cursed with so many -SPD characters.  It's ridiculous...

Really wish I had kept the neutral stat Subaki's around, but I fed them to the natural 3* version for a measly amount of SP before I knew what I was doing...

Edited by Eselred

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Dooo iiiit. Subaki has saved me so many times. Him and Narcian (with some help from a slowly levelling Palla) have almost got me the fliers tenth stratum orb thing :D

But... he's going to be 3* ... which is really really low.

10th stratum is brutal in a sense... they use freaking Wing of Mercy to get you off your game.

2 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

What I have so far:

Alternates

Ryoma (Hone Spd 3)

Robin F (Defiant Res 3)

Do you have any red mages leveled up? Even a 3 or 4 star would work. You want some way to kill the boss in 1 turn from afar, as his melee skill is pretty much gameover if it goes off. With that slight addition you could easily win with your current roster by having Azura dance for the red mage and then tank the red cavalry on the right. Merric might be able to kill him if his attack is high enough, but I wouldn't know for sure.

1 hour ago, Eselred said:

So my Subaki appears to be -SPD and +DEF.  Looking at the video again, the Sword Peg has 36 SPD, which doubles a neutral Subaki as well, and the Sword Cav has 25 SPD, which doesn't double anything.  But that also means my -SPD Subaki can't double the Sword Cav...

My account is cursed with so many -SPD characters.  It's ridiculous...

Really wish I had kept the neutral stat Subaki's around, but I fed them to the natural 3* version for a measly amount of SP before I knew what I was doing...

I don't think -Spd even matters for this battle. Sword Cav has 34 effective Atk against the Sapphire Lance, and the Sword Flier turns out even worse. +Def Subaki has 34 Def at 3* Lv. 40. As far as doubling, I'm all but certain that you can win the battle without having Subaki initiate combat even once. He has Quick Riposte, and doesn't take damage from the two people he should be fighting. He should be fine.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Did we know this already? I couldn't find it in the thread, but appearantly we hit all the goals in this battle. Reward? 10 orbs, 10 stamina potions and 5.000 feathers.

C7Zg-O_U4AAoknB.jpg:large

Yup!

3 hours ago, Falcom said:

C7Zg-O_U4AAoknB.jpg:large

Yup!

Nice!

Totally worth getting up at 4:14am, even if I didn't plan on being up.

OK guys, I think we should unite and develop multiple strategies with as many different characters. Because I guarantee that there are people who don't have any, or only one of the characters that were mentioned  in this thread. With that said, let's get our battle ship brains on!

I missed this but would it be worth using the next focus heroes?

i have 3 star versions of Eliwood and Selena and a 4 star Gordin. Gordin has been levelled now but is it worth training up the Sword users?

Can i get away with levelling uo to 40 as 3 star? Want to use feathers for something else for now..