Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

I did it. And I used only 4 star units too XD. At least that's something right? No? Okay . . .

People were saying the AI was smarter or something. That some units refused to "suicide" themselves. That wasn't the case for me though. I completed it using:

Narshen Tharja Oboro Gordin 

Gordin's shove saved me the game actually. After the Lance pegasus suicided on Narcian, he was able to shove Oboro into the scope of the cavalier then my other three units crammed up in the bottom right corner. Then Michalis came went around the back because he wanted to kill me Oboro, so I moved her one space back. The sword pegasus came to hit Nar Nar so Gordin put an arrow in it. Now there are no units to buff Narcian. Enemy phase: sword cavalier dies to Oboro and Michalis takes his place. So on my turn I rally defense my Tharja, and she kills michalis. At this time the Lance user is right around the corner so I send in Narshen and it's GG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Lunatic on first try, if you don't count early bird window, I took him down with Lucina 5*, Jeorge 5*, Effie 4*, and Sakura 4*.

Moved Effie to the right side of map to bait the sword.  Moved Jeorge just beneath her behind the wall.  Had Sakura under Jeorge and Lucina to the left of Sakura.

The fliers moved with the sword cav.  The other two fliers walked right into Jeorge's arrows, Michalis got chewed up by Lucina.  Lance fighter's heavy spear neutralized by Effie's Svalinn Shield.  Sakura didn't need to do any healing but she did and everyone ended at near full health.

Edited by kcirrot

That was...actually kind of easy. All that was really needed was a good Tank, and archer, and a good sword user. I had Elise for healing, but outside of keeping Effie topped up for Wary Fighter, she didn't do much. Used the right canyon as a choke point since the wall protected my archer and Effie took point.

39 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, by the way, today's Friday.

Yeah, at the time I wrote that I had it set in my mind that the 24th would be Thursday.

Did Lunatic in 2 tries. 

First, I went with Camilla, Sanaki, Nowi and Azura, but I was absolutely unable to aggro the enemy safely, since no one could one round the lance flyers on the enemy phase and as thus, got dragged in range or Michalis.

On the second try, I wen with pretty much the same team minus Camilla, who got replaced by Nino. This allowed me to be able to send Nowi next to the Red Cav and out or range of the flyers and Nino was able to drag Azura out of the range of the lance flyer. After that, I think I got lucky because Michalis went straight up(when I did the Hard map afterward with the same team, he went right, which would have royally screwed me over in Lunatic). 

1 hour ago, kcirrot said:

Did Lunatic on first try, if you don't count early bird window, I took him down with Lucina 5*, Jeorge 5*, Effie 4*, and Sakura 4*.

Moved Effie to the right side of map to bait the sword.  Moved Jeorge just beneath her behind the wall.  Had Sakura under Jeorge and Lucina to the left of Sakura.

The fliers moved with the sword cav.  The other two fliers walked right into Jeorge's arrows, Michalis got chewed up by Lucina.  Lance fighter's heavy spear neutralized by Effie's Svalinn Shield.  Sakura didn't need to do any healing but she did and everyone ended at near full health.

26 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

That was...actually kind of easy. All that was really needed was a good Tank, and archer, and a good sword user. I had Elise for healing, but outside of keeping Effie topped up for Wary Fighter, she didn't do much. Used the right canyon as a choke point since the wall protected my archer and Effie took point.

Did Effie not get dragged back into Michalis' aggro zone for y'all? I tried the same exact thing (I think), both times Effie got dragged back and was almost ORKO by Michalis.

@eclipse

Completed on lunatic with Narcian, Azura, Reinhardt and Roy (all five star except Narcian who was 4, and all level 40 except Azura who was 38).

I can't really remember what I did. I remember it involved some running away and dancing since Michalis really wanted to kill Reinhardt. It all worked out in the end ^.^

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Did Effie not get dragged back into Michalis' aggro zone for y'all? I tried the same exact thing (I think), both times Effie got dragged back and was almost ORKO by Michalis.

It depends on from where the peg attacks. Remember that you can't be dragged onto impassable tiles.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It depends on from where the peg attacks. Remember that you can't be dragged onto impassable tiles.

Hmm, I'm guessing you mean Effie was two spaces to the right of the pegasus knight, not on the very limit of the aggro range? But then wouldn't Michalis just jump over it?

@immatx Effie did get dragged, but Michelis always went to the bottom and attacked Seliph. The way i had it set was

Effie

Takumi

Seliph.  Elise

Effie lured the sword cav, Takumi sniped the Sword peg, Seliph tackled Michelis with an assist from Takumi so Michelis' special didn't trigger. Only time i really worried was with the Heavy lance user, and even then, sniped that one with Takumi and let Effie finish him off.

Edit: My mistake, it was the lance flier Takumi sniped first. The sword one suicided on Effie. Here's the pic of my positions before everything went down.

Edited by silverserpent
Wrong information

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

@immatx Effie did get dragged, but Michelis always went to the bottom and attacked Seliph. The way i had it set was

Effie

Takumi

Seliph.  Elise

Effie lured the sword cav, Takumi sniped the Sword peg, Seliph tackled Michelis with an assist from Takumi so Michelis' special didn't trigger. Only time i really worried was with the Heavy lance user, and even then, sniped that one with Takumi and let Effie finish him off.

Huh. Even though he was at a disadvantage versus Seliph and not in his attack range like Effie? Did you have Seliph in the slot below the wall or below the mountains?

1 minute ago, immatx said:

Huh. Even though he was at a disadvantage versus Seliph and not in his attack range like Effie? Did you have Seliph in the slot below the wall or below the mountains?

Ugh, I'd show the picture, but I'm getting the message I can only post .41MB >_<

Anyway, Seliph was poised below the wall, to the right of the mountain. The lance flier and Michelis are both in one square range of him. Elise is behind Seliph, and Takumi and Effie are behind the wall. After those positions, the sword cav attacks Effie, but doesn't die. On the next PP, Effie kills the cav, Takumi kills the lance flier, Elise heals Effie up to full health, and Seliph just stands guard.

Next EP, Michelis attacks Seliph and the other units move up.

Turn 6 PP, Michelis goes down after a shot from Takumi, followed by Seliph finishing him off. Elise retreats down two squares so Effie can tank the sword flier.

EP6, Effie gets dragged up by the sword flier and the Heavy Spear moves closer.

PP7 Takumi kills sword flier to get into position for next turn.

EP7 Heavy spear attacks Effie, can't double because of Wary Fighter.

PP8 Last survivor gets taken out by a shot from Takumi with Effie finishing him off.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Ugh, I'd show the picture, but I'm getting the message I can only post .41MB >_<

Anyway, Seliph was poised below the wall, to the right of the mountain. The lance flier and Michelis are both in one square range of him. Elise is behind Seliph, and Takumi and Effie are behind the wall. After those positions, the sword cav attacks Effie, but doesn't die. On the next PP, Effie kills the cav, Takumi kills the lance flier, Elise heals Effie up to full health, and Seliph just stands guard.

Next EP, Michelis attacks Seliph and the other units move up.

Turn 6 PP, Michelis goes down after a shot from Takumi, followed by Seliph finishing him off. Elise retreats down two squares so Effie can tank the sword flier.

EP6, Effie gets dragged up by the sword flier and the Heavy Spear moves closer.

PP7 Takumi kills sword flier to get into position for next turn.

EP7 Heavy spear attacks Effie, can't double because of Wary Fighter.

PP8 Last survivor gets taken out by a shot from Takumi with Effie finishing him off.

Ahh ok. The issue I was having was that the peg knight would attack Effie instead of the sword cav. I'm not sure why it's any different, in the hard map the cav went after Effie, so maybe it's just RNG. I'll try again and see if the exact placement has anything to do with it.

1 minute ago, fuzzbass said:

Managed the hard challenge earlier in the week but Struggling with today's 4* / lunatic challenge battle. Here's my gang... any tips / suggestions?

IMG_7384.PNG

Run solo with Hector? Lol

Probably use Hector as a lure, Chrom is good for a Sword user, hmm...no bow unit? Your best bet then is to go for weaknesses. Use the last slot for a utility unit such as a Dancer or Healer.

10 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@immatx So long as you use the right side of the map, this strategy should work. Unless the AI is really RNG, but I was able to redo this exact strategy a couple times. And Effie is supposed to be attacked by a peg knight, just later on.

I've tried it 5 times now, every time Effie gets dragged back into Michalis' aggro range on the first enemy move. Oh well, I'll just try to figure out some other way to do it.

I don't get how you're supposed to beat the lunatic map when even high def and high attack units like my 5 star lv. 40 Frederick can't even take a hit or do much damage. I thought he'd be able to tank Michalis, but not even he could. This makes no sense to me. Frederick always took little damage from everything aside from some mages and a few red units, which Michalis is neither.

Also, even at lv. 40, my sword unit Palla does less damage to Michalis than he can do to her. This makes no sense either when she's supposed to have weapon advantage.

None of this makes ANY sense to me whatsoever. I feel like the map is cheating. I refuse to settle for the 3 star because I want a 4 star. I'm trying to save my feathers.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get how you're supposed to beat the lunatic map when even high def and high attack units like my 5 star lv. 40 Frederick can't even take a hit or do much damage. I thought he'd be able to tank Michalis, but not even he could. This makes no sense to me. Frederick always took little damage from everything aside from some mages and a few red units, which Michalis is neither.

Also, even at lv. 40, my sword unit Palla does less damage to Michalis than he can do to her. This makes no sense either when she's supposed to have weapon advantage.

None of this makes ANY sense to me whatsoever. I feel like the map is cheating. I refuse to settle for the 3 star because I want a 4 star. I'm trying to save my feathers.

My Palla wasn't doing much better. My advice would be mages for Michalis.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

My Palla wasn't doing much better. My advice would be mages for Michalis.

That's a terrible idea. This map is full of Pegasus knights which have high res. Not to mention that my only trained mage is male Robin who is a blue unit. Won't do much to a green unit like Michalis. I don't have a red mage and I'm not summoning any units right now. Saving my orbs.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele, Michalis' Atk is quite high at 51. Even your +Def Frederick takes 12 damage per hit, twice if he's −Spd (I'm afraid I don't remember his bane).
His Def isn't bad either at 36. That's enough for him to not even get scratched by a neutral Frederick. You're supposed to take him down with magic, not with weapons.
There was a Sophia in the daily rotation, there's a video on the first page on how to beat the map using only free units (and Narcian who was technically free).

Even a 5⋆ Palla would only deal 7 damage per hit to Michalis. She's not that strong against that armoured bulk.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Anacybele said:

That's a terrible idea. This map is full of Pegasus knights which have high res. Not to mention that my only trained mage is male Robin who is a blue unit. Won't do much to a green unit like Michalis. I'm not summoning any units right now. Saving my orbs.

I never said the mage would deal with the pegs (though I somehow get the feeling Tharja wound up doing her fair share against one in my run...). You can bring four units for a reason.

The issue of not happening to have a mage that isn't blue is a bit more concerning.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Anacybele, Michalis' Atk is quite high at 51. Even your +Def Frederick takes 12 damage per hit, twice if he's −Spd (I'm afraid I don't remember his bane).
His Def isn't bad either at 36. That's enough for him to not even get scratched by a neutral Frederick. You're supposed to take him down with magic, not with weapons.

Even a 5⋆ Palla would only deal 7 damage per hit to Michalis. She's not that strong against that armoured bulk.

I just said I don't have proper magic to go against him. I have to use a sword unit.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I never said the mage would deal with the pegs (though I somehow get the feeling Tharja wound up doing her fair share against one in my run...). You can bring four units for a reason.

The issue of not happening to have a mage that isn't blue is a bit more concerning.

I do have a mage that isn't blue, but it's female Robin and she's green, not red (she's also 3 star and I'm not upgrading her right now). Also, blame it on red mages being too hard to pull. Leo is a 5 star only, Lilina is 5 star only, etc.

Also, with my luck, I almost never pull mages to begin with.

I don't know what IS is thinking to make any map this difficult. Not many players are going to beat it, if any will at all.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just said I don't have proper magic to go against him. I have to use a sword unit.

I didn't see that when I typed my post. There was a Sophia in the daily rotation, you could've made use of her.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Lilina is 5 star only, etc.

She isn't.

Edited by Vaximillian