Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

Actually, I'm curious to know what you do have. Once I get home (about 1 hour from now) I'll play around with your team possibilities (I actually have fun with this).

I posted a screenshot in the thread earlier. Have at it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I disagree with @MrSmokestack

Takumi isn't for Michalis, he's for the other peggies. That's why the focus has 2 swords, one ax,and one bow with no dancers. I was wrong in saying Olivia won't tank a hit from mikey, but selena most definitely can take multiple hits since @TheTuckingFypo is planning on using Selena anyway. 10-13 isn't even that bad for some clean chip.

I disagree with @Arcanite again

Tucking has Subaki with Sapphire Lance for the sword cav and peg and Narcian with Emerald Axe for the lance peg and infantry. Narcian gets a guaranteed double on the lancers while Subaki tanks with his armor-esque defences and Quick Ripostes for the extra damage. Takumi really is redundant here.

EDIT: RIP font on mobile.

Edited by MrSmokestack

27 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh ok. My bad. ( ^_^')

Anyways, im thinking I'm gonna use Subaki, Narcian, Selena and Takumi... does this sound good? Anything I need to inherit?

Subaki will likely inherit savage blow from one of my 3 camillas.

Sounds like a really good team. Subaki can tank the hits, Narcian can deal with the lance users, Selena keeps Michalis in check and Takumi make the pegs pincushions. If I had Selena and Narcian up to levels, I wouldn't have minded doing a trial run for you.

Ana, there is a disconnect between gameplay and the characters you like. You don't just get to decide who will be useful and who won't. This is a gacha game.

When you sent home units, you removed options.

Options that other people have proven you overlook.

You have mentioned 3 star units earier in the thread as trash and even refuse to change your team. There could be a team you can make that doesn't include Frederick as your axe user that can beat this map.

Chances are there are units you have or even sent home that could have been salvagable.

Because it has been established that blaming the game doesn't work: It's brutal, but not unfair.

The only thing left to blame, is your decisions.

That includes sending home units you don't think were useful.

48 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I meant in the forum. Most people here use asterisks. While I see boxes on the person I quoted right after the 3 and 4.

Some keyboards, specially on mobile, have the star character (☆), maybe you can't display it or something. I prefer to use (*) because it is displayable for everyone :P:

= EDIT =

Actually I can see them on the forum

☆☆☆

Edited by Quintessence

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, finally got that image uploaded.

Capture_2017-03-24-11-25-27_zpsrt07q4zb.

You can see why I want more axe wielders. I had more units than this, but I mistakenly sent home both the Subakis I had, and I used several other units as skill fodder (including Eirika, Sully, Peri, Matthew, Azama, and Gunter).

Virion needs more levels for this, I know... I wound up with so many swords trying to get Ryoma or a red mage (preferably Lilina). All the blues came from trying to get Ephraim. And I just like Donnel.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I posted a screenshot in the thread earlier. Have at it.

Hmm. This really is interesting...

i don't believe the problem is the attack, it's the Goad/Fortify Fliers and Bowbreaker. 

May I ask about the boons and banes of your units?

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, there is a disconnect between gameplay and the characters you like. You don't just get to decide who will be useful and who won't. This is a gacha game.

You have mentioned 3 star units earier in the thread as trash and even refuse to change your team. There could be a team you can make that doesn't include Frederick as your axe user that can beat this map.

Chances are there are units you have or even sent home that could have been salvagable.

Because it has been established that blaming the game doesn't work: It's brutal, but not unfair.

For the last fucking TIME. I haven't sent home ANY units in a LONG time. Not counting Subaki, but like I said, that was an accident. I meant to keep one of him. The units I got rid of recently were used in skill inheritance, NOT SENT HOME.

And some units will be more useful on some maps than others, that's how the game works too, you know.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

For the last fucking TIME. I haven't sent home ANY units in a LONG time. Not counting Subaki, but like I said, that was an accident. I meant to keep one of him. The units I got rid of recently were used in skill inheritance, NOT SENT HOME.

And some units will be more useful on some maps than others, that's how the game works too, you know.

You fused away Sully. I know someone that used her instead of Tsubaki and beat it.

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

This so much.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't take what he's saying out of context. We're all aware you haven't been sending units home and the last ones you dropped were for skill inheritance. Don't just make replies to correct other people as if that's vindicating in any capacity. But I digress.

I just saw your screenshot and can suggest a team of Stahl or Roy / Frederick / Sharena / Olivia. Stahl is very bulky vs Michalis when trained up due to his natural defense and ruby sword, and obstruct might actually be useful here too. There are no solid one-rounds but it's a war of attrition pretty much. Saving feathers for Sharena or Roy is a good idea because Sharena gets a lot of bulk + Threaten Attack on her Fensalir which lets her take hits from the sword cav and flier better. Like a lot of people have mentioned getting the lance cav out of the way as soon as possible is top priority, since killing her or at least separating her from Michalis takes away his defensive buffs.

Not calling out anyone in particular, but just whoever is posting in this topic, keep it civil and don't let it get derailed lest a mod has to step in.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@Anacybele Have you tried switching out Frederick with Hawkeye? Hawkeye has threaten attack that would help negate some of the buffs the peg knights and his special is an AoE effect. If I had him, I'd have been more than happy to do a run through for you.

I know what skills Hawkeye has. What's "AoE"? And even if Hawkeye could help, I still don't know how I'd one-round the Peg knight. If Virion can't double it, which he can't, Hawkeye most certainly won't.

13 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Hmm. This really is interesting...

i don't believe the problem is the attack, it's the Goad/Fortify Fliers and Bowbreaker. 

May I ask about the boons and banes of your units?

I don't know/remember them all, but here are some of them:

Frederick: +def, -spd

Robin: +res, -HP

Roy: neutral

Marth: +res, -spd

Hawkeye: +res, but I don't remember the bane

Palla: +res, but I don't remember the bane

I don't know how I ended up with so many +res people... Virion should be neutral since he was the free 2 star one you got at the start of the game.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Cool.

Interesting. For the record:

Subaki is level 32, +speed/-resistance

Olivia is level 32, balanced

Selena is level 32, +resistance/-defense I think.

Narcian is level 31, balanced. 

Takumi is level 40, +resistance/-attack, but y'all knew that already.

They are all 4*, besides Takumi.

---

Again, I disagree with @MrSmokestack

Subaki fights the 2 reds and Narcy the 2 blues, but Subaki can't fight the red peg until Michalis is dead or kited. And Selena needs to be the one who fights Michalis also so without some sort of chip damage, or ohko, it's gonna take some wizardry to get Narcian to go from the mountain to the left side of the map to fight the lance, without getting hit by the red peg, or by the red cav and kill the blue peg knowing that Olivia can get hurt trying to dance on someone and put in harms way. Not to mention the red peg is pretty much inside of Michalis the whole time. So it's also gonna take some wizardry for subaki to fight the red peg on the mountain and the red cav on the side without also getting munched by Michalis. So what needs to happen? One of the pegs have to go which won't be an issue for takumi since they're both probably gonna get ohko'd. Olivia can probably take a hit from one unit that isn't blue, and then after that she's dead. Takumi gets good damage on everyone even at -atk and he has flier effectiveness. Unless Olivia suddenly sprouts wings  (which would be pretty cool) she can't fly over the mountains and dance either so that makes for positioning issues.

18 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Sounds like a really good team. Subaki can tank the hits, Narcian can deal with the lance users, Selena keeps Michalis in check and Takumi make the pegs pincushions. If I had Selena and Narcian up to levels, I wouldn't have minded doing a trial run for you.

Even she agrees^

Wow I'm getting slaughtered out here. Honestly I'm not that good but I think my units are pretty good. I have been hoarding for skills. Though I merged a few characters before I found out about inherit skill being added. I've been trying to train units that would give me one of every move/weapon type combination though I'm missing a few combinations (that's why some are favorited). I'll try to attach some screen shots for some suggestions though. My units tend to be frail and are killed the first turn the opponent attacks. I got the 3* so I'm not that worried about it.

Screenshot_2017-03-24-15-21-38.png

Screenshot_2017-03-24-15-21-17.png

Screenshot_2017-03-24-15-20-58.png

8 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

You fused away Sully. I know someone that used her instead of Tsubaki and beat it.

1. That was recommended to me for her Swordbreaker. 2. If I need a lance cav, I have Abel who is better. 3. She was -def anyway and sucked bad because she couldn't take a hit.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, DerbyCityGinger said:

Wow I'm getting slaughtered out here. Honestly I'm not that good but I think my units are pretty good. I have been hoarding for skills. Though I merged a few characters before I found out about inherit skill being added. I've been trying to train units that would give me one of every move/weapon type combination though I'm missing a few combinations (that's why some are favorited). I'll try to attach some screen shots for some suggestions though. My units tend to be frail and are killed the first turn the opponent attacks. I got the 3* so I'm not that worried about it.

Oboro for the cav

Tiki for Michalis

Virion for pegs

Camilla for blues

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Again, I disagree with @MrSmokestack

Subaki fights the 2 reds and Narcy the 2 blues, but Subaki can't fight the red peg until Michalis is dead or kited. And Selena needs to be the one who fights Michalis also so without some sort of chip damage, or ohko, it's gonna take some wizardry to get Narcian to go from the mountain to the left side of the map to fight the lance, without getting hit by the red peg, or by the red cav and kill the blue peg knowing that Olivia can get hurt trying to dance on someone and put in harms way. Not to mention the red peg is pretty much inside of Michalis the whole time. So it's also gonna take some wizardry for subaki to fight the red peg on the mountain and the red cav on the side without also getting munched by Michalis. So what needs to happen? One of the pegs have to go which won't be an issue for takumi since they're both probably gonna get ohko'd. Olivia can probably take a hit from one unit that isn't blue, and then after that she's dead. Takumi gets good damage on everyone even at -atk and he has flier effectiveness. Unless Olivia suddenly sprouts wings  (which would be pretty cool) she can't fly over the mountains and dance either so that makes for positioning issues.

Even she agrees^

Hey, maybe they'll bring out alt classes for some units like with Cipher? >_>

Personally, I wouldn't use Olivia on this map, but I may train up Ninian when I get off work since she seems a lot beefier. I'll definitely be doing more map runs when i have the time.

Just now, silverserpent said:

Personally, I wouldn't use Olivia on this map, but I may train up Ninian when I get off work since she seems a lot beefier. I'll definitely be doing more map runs when i have the time.

I used Ninian for the map since she dances and tanks the swords, but Olivia works just fine too.

And @Arcanite you have a good point too, so I suppose to run Takumi or not run Takumi depends on how Tucking wants to play the map. If you want to be aggressive and preempt the fliers then Takumi would be a good choice, but if he wants to bait fliers out of range so his units can attack safely without fearing WTD Olivia is equally valid, since they can finish off an enemy then get danced out of range. Subaki and Selena even have Swap / Reposition for more movement shenanigans to ensure multiple options for baiting.

On the side, is this a competition or something? I kind of want to see who made better points between the two of us, haha.

I think I needed the least amount of help for this one haha. Either I've upped my game or Mike needs to up his. 

Ran with my 5* Adult Tiki + 4* Nino / Oboro / Olivia.

Spoiler

Turn 1 (of combat) starting positions: 

tumblr_onc4d0YP3e1shnqb4o1_400.png

• Nino ORKOs the lance peg with a Hone Atk boost from Olivia
  • Oboro Rallies Tiki's Def
  • Tiki moves to Nino's previous spot, Olivia dances her, Tiki Swaps with Nino

After Turn 1 of combat: 

tumblr_onc4d0YP3e1shnqb4o2_540.png

• sword cav gets doubled by Tiki and Michalis gets devoured. Tiki polishes off her meal with the cav for dessert
  • Nino heads south with Olivia's help while Oboro tanks and 2RKOs sword flier
  • Oboro tanks the lancer while Nino catches up and finishes things up

My setup probably won't necessarily help everyone since I have custom skills on Tiki and Nino, but who knows. Tiki runs Swap and Quick Riposte 1, Nino runs Life and Death 2 + Desperation 3. 

Edited by BANRYU

1 minute ago, DerbyCityGinger said:

Then I'm off to training tower then! Thanks for the suggestion. ^_^

How did you all deal with the drag back skills from the pegs?

The unit won't be able to drag you if it dies in combat. Many people suggest Narcian due to his Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker to one-round kill the lance pegasus.

5 minutes ago, DerbyCityGinger said:

Then I'm off to training tower then! Thanks for the suggestion. ^_^

How did you all deal with the drag back skills from the pegs?

I didn't even know the pegs had draw back until you said that LOL I was able to kill them on my phase so they never had a chance to use it. Just make sure you completely murder them on your turn.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I used Ninian for the map since she dances and tanks the swords, but Olivia works just fine too.

And @Arcaniteyou have a good point too, so I suppose to run Takumi or not run Takumi depends on how Tucking wants to play the map. If you want to be aggressive and preempt the fliers then Takumi would be a good choice, but if he wants to bait fliers out of range so his units can attack safely without fearing WTD Olivia is equally valid, since they can finish off an enemy then get danced out of range. Subaki and Selena even have Swap / Reposition for more movement shenanigans to ensure multiple options for baiting.

On the side, is this a competition or something? I kind of want to see who made better points between the two of us, haha.

We could ask ice dragon to judge ;)

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

I didn't even know the pegs had draw back until you said that LOL I was able to kill them on my phase so they never had a chance to use it. Just make sure you completely murder them on your turn.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

And @Arcanite you have a good point too, so I suppose to run Takumi or not run Takumi depends on how Tucking wants to play the map. If you want to be aggressive and preempt the fliers then Takumi would be a good choice, but if he wants to bait fliers out of range so his units can attack safely without fearing WTD Olivia is equally valid, since they can finish off an enemy then get danced out of range. Subaki and Selena even have Swap / Reposition for more movement shenanigans to ensure multiple options for baiting.

Regardless, that debate was awesome. I'll do both I think. I'll start with Takumi and if that seems to not work I'll switch.

7 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I think I needed the least amount of help for this one haha. Either I've upped my game or Mike needs to up his. 

Ran with my 5* Adult Tiki + 4* Nino / Oboro / Olivia.

Reveal hidden contents

Turn 1 (of combat) starting positions: 

tumblr_onc4d0YP3e1shnqb4o1_400.png

• Nino ORKOs the lance peg with a Hone Atk boost from Olivia
  • Oboro Rallies Tiki's Def
  • Tiki moves to Nino's previous spot, Olivia dances her, Tiki Swaps with Nino

After Turn 1 of combat: 

tumblr_onc4d0YP3e1shnqb4o2_540.png

• sword cav gets doubled by Tiki and Michalis gets devoured. Tiki polishes off her meal with the cav for dessert
  • Nino heads south with Olivia's help while Oboro tanks and 2RKOs sword flier
  • Oboro tanks the lancer while Nino catches up and finishes things up

My setup probably won't necessarily help anyone since I have custom skills on Tiki and Nino, but who knows. Tiki runs Swap and Quick Riposte 1, Nino runs Life and Death 2 + Desperation 3. 

Fixed.

Oboro for A-tier. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

The unit won't be able to drag you if it dies in combat. Many people suggest Narcian due to his Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker to one-round kill the lance pegasus.

Oh okay, I saw that a lot of people were using Narcian but I had Camilla so I didn't bother. But she can't KO the peg when attacked and then Michalis picks her off. For what it's worth I've been doing lunatic by positioning my units on the right and going up through that corridor to avoid being swarmed on two sides going left or up the middle with a flyer.

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Regardless, that debate was awesome. I'll do both I think. I'll start with Takumi and if that seems to not work I'll switch.

So if you're starting with Takumi, does that mean I win?

Spoiler

BOOOOOYYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Edited by Arcanite