Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Based on how typical Hero Battles work, where if you clear them once, they stay cleared even if they reappear, I'm guessing the claim about it being possible to get 4 Michalis is wrong. If you do either difficulty level during the event, it will probably stay completed when it reappears, unless anyone has a source saying otherwise. 

Edited by Othin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Based on how typical Hero Battles work, where if you clear them once, they stay cleared even if they reappear, I'm guessing the claim about it being possible to get 4 Michalis is wrong. If you do either difficulty level during the event, it will probably stay unavailable when it reappears, unless anyone has a source saying otherwise. 

Yeah, i'm pretty sure 4 Michalis is a bit ridiculous. You can't get extra heroes from the daily hero battles so I'm sure it applies here too.

Meh. This is the first time that something like this is going to happen so we might as well test it for any future instances of early Grand Hero Battles.

The first post has now been completely edited. Are there still people having trouble knowing exactly what time it begins for them? Just add 4 hours and 15 minutes to when a new Heroes game day begins for you (new arena swords, daily bonus, etc.).

I don't understand why only Japan has had the early battle in-game notification. Chances are that we will get ours when the next game day begins, but even then that's only 4 hours and 15 minutes time to prepare yourself for it, assuming you don't check Heroes-related content online.

well rip 4:15 in the morning..... normally i stay up for about 1-2 hours after the new day resets but im not sure if ill want to do this.... i have class that day rip if  it was a tuesday when im off that would have been ok but shit a monday come on xDDDD they couldnt make the time like 10:15 for japan so for america it would be a bit later???

1 hour ago, Raven said:

The first post has now been completely edited. Are there still people having trouble knowing exactly what time it begins for them? Just add 4 hours and 15 minutes to when a new Heroes game day begins for you (new arena swords, daily bonus, etc.).

I don't understand why only Japan has had the early battle in-game notification. Chances are that we will get ours when the next game day begins, but even then that's only 4 hours and 15 minutes time to prepare yourself for it, assuming you don't check Heroes-related content online.

Maybe they won't announce it? Perhaps they realize it's very early for most Americans and are positioning this as a Japan-only thing.

That's a little past 4 am for me, but knowing how fucked up my sleep schedule is, I'll probably be awake anyway. I need to get a better sleep schedule. 

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

No, I'm not staying up until 1:15 AM my time just for this.  I have work tomorrow.

What country would be GMT-10? Hawaii, right?

Edited by Raven

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

She's in Hawaii, which doesn't have daylight savings either.

Yeah. I completely forgot she lived there until just now. On that note, even though mine's taking place midday, I still have my alarm ready in case I forget.

Hey, 7:15-8:00 AM! I'll definitely be up then, so I'll get at least one early shot at Michalis!

So, on the subject of taking shots at Michalis, do you guys think Roy could be a good pick for Michalis's map? I remember using Roy to annihilate Narcian back when Narcian's battle was out, and Michalis is an axe user too, so he should be able to beat at least Michalis himself, right?

My other teammates that I'm looking at right now for tomorrow's early-bird GHB are Ninian (dancer), Jeorge (my highest-level archer, I'm betting there will be flyers so he could come in handy), Julia or F!Robin (magic nuke; Julia's stronger, but F!Robin has more DEF), and Sakura (healer, has Rehabilitate/Heavenly Light and Fear, keeps people alive). Not sure who of those four (would be five, but I'm probably not using Julia and F!Robin together) I would drop for Roy, to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

What country would be GMT-10? Hawaii, right?

Hawaii is part of the United States.  It's a super-awkward time zone, so it's not surprising that we get boned on such things.  The lack of DST makes coordinating things fun, and not in a good way.  While I might be up at 1:15 AM (yay insomnia), I don't think it would be a good idea for me to take a swing at the map.  Thus, I'll rely on everyone else to report their findings here~!

On the upside, server change time is 9 PM for me.

So this would be at 6:15 AM Central US time?  Why such a weird time?  I'd be all for trying this, but I don't think I'll be able to do that for sure.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So this would be at 6:15 AM Central US time?  Why such a weird time?  I'd be all for trying this, but I don't think I'll be able to do that for sure.

It's made to look like a JP-only due to awkward timing.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's primarily a Japanese event, but they're trying to accommodate for all the other time zones.

Don't forget it hasn't even been officially announced for other territories yet.

7:15-8:00 am for me. At least its when I'm awake. But its smack dab in the middle of my busy morning routine. Unless I can finish the map within a couple quick minutes, I don't think I'm completing it. 

18 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's made to look like a JP-only due to awkward timing.

Aren't the servers world-wide, though?

4 minutes ago, Cyblaster said:

Interestingly enough I get up right around 4:15 am PDT for work so hopefully I'll remember this before I leave the house.

I should be up to, but I have two kids that may prevent me from playing during that time, since I need to get myself and them ready.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Aren't the servers world-wide, though?

That's why I said "made to look like a JP-only event".

The same time the event goes live in the afternoon and evening for much of the world, it would be 4:15-7:15 AM for the 48-state mainland American players on a Monday.

Edited by Roflolxp54

24 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That's why I said "made to look like a JP-only event".

The same time the event goes live in the afternoon and evening for much of the world, it would be 4:15-7:15 AM for the 48-state mainland American players on a Monday.

Well, I usually play a Map or two before work anyway, so I guess I'll make a point to try for it tomorrow morning.