Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Good to know, because right now, my one bunch of units around level 40 are having the issue that Cherche is -Att, and barely can't kill the blue pegasus in 1 hit. Driving me mad it is.

I see. You could place someone with Hone Attack next to Cherche 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Ah.  So IIRC,

@Arcanite - Subaki, Selena, Narcian, Pineapple

@MrSmokestack - Subaki, Selena, Narcian, Olivia

@MaskedAmpharos - Subaki, Narcian, Tharja, Olivia?

----------

Huh. I coulda swore @Sire was in on the bet as well with another team...

I can update you on my character stats as well if you'd like. I have about half an hour before my next attempt.

I am not technically on the bet as all I did was crunch numbers and supported Ampharos' team (Subaki, Narcian, Tharja, Olivia).

In case you missed my "theoretical walkthrough" that may have been lost in the chaos, here it is. It has turn by turn actions using Subaki, Narcian, Tharja, and Olivia. It should work, especially if everyone is Level 40, but I didn't crunch every single calculation or actually run that team myself. Of course, feel free to figure out the strategy on your own!

Edit: Also, I'll be gone for the rest of the day, so best of luck on whoever wins!

Edited by Sire

On 25/03/2017 at 5:43 AM, Nyaoista said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Do I even stand a chance? I've tried several teams, and I'm getting nowhere but dead (for lunatic. hard was easy lol)

So close... alas, I see no Olivia in your army.

I beat Lunatic with 5* Takumi, Lilina, Catria, and 4* Olivia. The essential units are Olivia and Takumi. You can replace Lilina with anything that can use a red book, and Catria with anything that can survive one hit from a blue lancer. If it may help, I'm attaching three screenshots:

1. start of my first attack round
  2. end of my first attack round
  3. after the AI's counterattack round

The rest is straightforward, a red mage with a dancer will easily burn Michalis when his wingmen are gone.

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

Edited by chirp
Reduce picture size

7 minutes ago, chirp said:

I beat Lunatic with 5* Takumi, Lilina, Catria, and 4* Olivia. The essential units are Olivia and Takumi. You can replace Lilina with anything that can use a red book, and Catria with anything that can survive one hit from a blue lancer. If it may help, I'm attaching three screenshots:

The rest is straightforward, a red mage with a dancer will easily burn Michalis when his wingmen are gone.

IMG_1753.PNG

IMG_1755.PNG

IMG_1756.PNG

Attack pegasi w/Takumi.

LapDance Takumi and have him attack again\

Move lilina down 1

Put catria where lilina was

Plz post the next player phase

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Attack pegasi w/Takumi.

LapDance Takumi and have him attack again\

Move lilina down 1

Put catria where lilina was

Plz post the next player phase

Next phase would be double snipe by Lilina through dance, easy win, so I'd guess your spot on. 

Just now, immatx said:

Next phase would be double snipe by Lilina through dance, easy win, so I'd guess your spot on. 

I just realized he was explaining it, not asking for help.

No more 1pm ciders for me XD

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

No more 1pm ciders for me XD

Lmao, I figured you were just trying to guess what the next move was :P

How much longer do you have on your stamina meter?

Just now, immatx said:

Lmao, I figured you were just trying to guess what the next move was :P

How much longer do you have on your stamina meter?

Sssh. No one needs to know... XD

Another half hour. I fat fingered and dun goofed my takumi run. 

11 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Sssh. No one needs to know... XD

Another half hour. I fat fingered and dun goofed my takumi run. 

Lips are sealed ;)

That's no good! Hmm, I wonder what they'll do if it's a tie. But I guess with three that isn't very likely. 

Edited by immatx

Just now, immatx said:

That's no good! Hmm, I wonder what they'll do if it's a tie. But I guess with three that isn't very likely. 

Ssh.... No one needs to know.

I'm not sure tbh. Unlikely, yes... I guess that they become the StrategistsThree.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm not sure tbh. Unlikely, yes... I guess that they become the StrategistsThree.

......so I was talking to the Strategists Three the other day.....

Yeah, that has a nice ring to it XD

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Not gonna lie, that name sounds pretty xexy.

Just cleared Lunatic pretty safely (Nino/Azura/Lucina/Jeorge).

If anybody's curious, Nino+dancer is an excellent way of starting the battle. Have Nino attack the blue pegasus, dancer her, and have her drag your dancer back to safety. I'm assuming this works better for Azura and Ninian because the sword cavalry will move pretty far down the next turn.

21 minutes ago, chirp said:

I just had to poke in because I saw that you used a pretty similar strategy to mine, which is really cool! The screenshots threw me for a loop because the positions were almost exactly the same but the units were different (and I kept Reinhardt further out of range just in case). Though it looks like our strategies differed a bit in terms of dealing with the last lancer. I didn't even think of using the otherwise-useless blue unit to take on the Lancer for some reason.

Would you mind if I added a link to your post in mine? I think it'd be helpful and you have more screenshots, I was lazy.

55 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yes, I was trying to help @Nyaoista who posted his army a few pages ago. He has units very similar to mine, so I supposed the screenshots could help. However, I saw no dancer in his units, and I don't know if Olivia can be obtained with the daily unit offer.

@azurrys: sure, link anything you like. Only the first round matters in my opinion, once the wingmen are down, the fight is straightforward. But it took me a while to realize this. I lost truckloads of stamina trying convoluted schemes involving elaborate cavalry movements.

Edited by chirp
I've been told to avoid double posting

5 hours ago, salinea said:

What about a Fenris? Would it be worth giving that tome to Raigh? I have a spare 3*Sophia.

(I don't have a lot of red mages, and I just drew a 4* Raigh so your thoughts on him interest me)

If I could give Literally Everything to Raigh, he'd be the following:

+Spd/-Res
-blade+
Dragonic Aura
Rally Attack, I guess
Fury
Desperation
Threaten Speed

along with a team that buffs/heals him.

This build worries about Brave weapons, Effie's attack, and not much else.  35 Speed is a nice number that prevents most of the neutral cast from doubling him.  25 Def/29 Res is a little frail, but that's why he's holding a -blade tome.  Speed buff + Threaten Speed + Desperation means that he'll double most units as soon as his health drops low enough. Pity that his HP is so low, but I suspect it's so that he doesn't break the game outright.

Any other weapon is an upgrade, though, so Fenrir works!

4 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

speaking of which, who does the spare Iote's shield go well on? I'm thinking Tsubaki because he's speedy and tanky and his A slot isn't great anyway. Bows generally aren't likely to double him and shouldn't do too much damage. Mine's also +Atk -Res which is pretty solid as far as Tsubaki goes?

Subaki for tanking.  Cherche works as well, since she's an absolute beast with a Brave Axe, and physical hits tickle her.

4 hours ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So thought I'd ask for some tips on beating the Lunatic map - I did manage to get past the Hard map, just aiming for the 4 star lol

Units I have @ lvl 40 - 5* -  Ephraim,Julia,M!Corrin

4* Tharja,Chrom,Cordelia,Ursula,F!Robin,Gordin

Just under level 40 but close  - lvl 39 F!Corrin, 38 Nino,37 Draug,37 Shanna (all 4 *)

I have a 34 Beruka, 31 lissa, 30 Peri, 30 Palla - 4* and a 35 Saizo (only a 3* though), I have a good few more units sitting around level 20 that if need be I could try to lebel (they are mostly 3*  such as Olivia,Sully,Clarine etc)

Three options:

1. If you have a lot of spare SP on Tharja, sacrifice one of Barst/Selena on her, because Reposition is the last thing you're missing.
2. If that Sully isn't -Atk, get her up to 4* 40, and get Olivia up to 4* as well.  This combination can ORKO the sword cavalier.
3. Figure out a way to ORKO the fliers at melee range via Narican/Arthur or something.

Your team will change depending on which option you choose.

4 hours ago, Troykv said:

Which units are suggested for this mission?

I have almost in level 30... 5* Sophia, Roy, Catria, Ephraim and Lucius; 4* Gunter, Est, Cecilia and Jeorge, Shiida and Beruka; and I have some other many characters like the previous bosses, the 5* Gordin and other stuff that I'll try to remember if someone tells me the suggested units.

Please :3

Do you have a Selena that you wouldn't mind sacrificing?  I have a terrible idea, which should give Sophia a nice skill bump.  You'll need Olivia to pull this off!

2 hours ago, r4v1sh said:

My Sully is a -def +spd, with 18 def and 32 atk total (she's level 39). In my succesful Michalis run, I used her to bait Michalis into going north by placing her in front of the red cav. After the cav attacked her on his turn, he was left with 13 hp (if I attacked him first, he would kill her on enemy phase by triggering his special).
I then used Leo to lock red cavs movement and sully's draw back to position them out of his range (she was on Michalis threaten range, so she couldn't attack the cavalry this turn). Only on the third player phase I finished red cav off with sully.

Fae, Roy and Leo dealth with the pegasi on the south, Roy finished Michalis and Fae the remaining spearman. It's a bit of a pain to explain, since there was quite a bit of draw back repositioning and some brynhyldr shenanigans.

It's a pity, because Sully needs 37 Atk to ORKO the sword cavalier.  One more level and a +Atk buff would've done it.

Edited by eclipse

I'm not sure this has been posted already or not, but the person who beat Michalis' Lunatic map with only free 3* units posted a new video on how to beat the map with free 3* units even if you do not have Narcian

I realize that a lot of people either started playing after Narcian's GHB or simply didn't have a strong enough team to get him at the time, so I hope this is helpful to those people (the team was Sophia, Virion, Gunter, Subaki). No skill inheritance was used. 

EDIT: I realize I have made a mistake. This particular video is for Hard mode, not Lunatic. The reason he posted this video is because, if you don't have Narcian, you can substitute Michalis for Narcian on the Lunatic map after you get his 3* version on Hard using this team. The video of him beating Lunatic with Michalis instead of Narcian is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l90fk_lk-28 (skip to 1:55)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

So I am trying to beat lunatic and having trouble. Been checking the team comps people use and I just can not find one that works for me. Mainly since I have to sub a different unit out due to not owning that character.  So with that characters I have in this pick. What team would you recommend. Note these are not skill inherited characters and I do have the free character but I rather not have to power level them. 

And thank you guys in advance for the help with this.

Screenshot_20170325-165823.png

3 minutes ago, Skids said:

So I am trying to beat lunatic and having trouble. Been checking the team comps people use and I just can not find one that works for me. Mainly since I have to sub a different unit out due to not owning that character.  So with that characters I have in this pick. What team would you recommend. Note these are not skill inherited characters and I do have the free character but I rather not have to power level them. 

And thank you guys in advance for the help with this.

Screenshot_20170325-165823.png

I would recommend a team of Narcian, Lilina, Olivia, and Abel. 

Send all of your units to the very right except for Narcian, who'll be just barely in range of the lance peg at the bottom. No other units should be in range of anyone else. 

Narcian should be able to ORKO the lance peg on enemy phase and not get dragged back. Then, send Abel up to kill the sword cavalier and use a combination of Lilina + dancing w/ Olivia to kill Michalis. Narcian can then kill the remaining lancer. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would recommend a team of Narcian, Lilina, Olivia, and Abel. 

Send all of your units to the very right except for Narcian, who'll be just barely in range of the lance peg at the bottom. No other units should be in range of anyone else. 

Narcian should be able to ORKO the lance peg on enemy phase and not get dragged back. Then, send Abel up to kill the sword cavalier and use a combination of Lilina + dancing w/ Olivia to kill Michalis. Narcian can then kill the remaining lancer. 

I don't think Narcian can ORKO lance peg without an Emerald Axe, since hes a 2*. Can Cherche OHKO Blue Peg?

Edited by ExpendableExtra

10 minutes ago, ExpendableExtra said:

I don't think Narcian can ORKO lance peg without an Emerald Axe, since hes a 2*. Can Cherche OHKO Blue Peg?

Cherche cannot, unless she inherits Lancebreaker from Narcian. 

The reason Narcian is recommended is because of Lancebreaker allowing him to not get doubled and double back regardless of speed. Otherwise you'd have to get another axe flier to outspeed the lance peg or have enough atk to OHKO it. 

EDIT: The lance peg on Lunatic has 45 HP, 22 Def, and 36 Spd (42 if she's initiating because of Darting Blow).

You'd either need to be able to do 23 x 2 damage (and that's impossible without Lancebreaker because no natural unit has 47 spd) or 45 damage all in one go. Assuming WTA, you would need a unit with 56 atk to OHKO the lance peg (56 atk x 1.2 from WTA = 67 atk. 67 atk - 22 def = 45). Assuming a +Atk 5* Cherche at level 40, she'd hit 53 atk, which still isn't good enough without buffs. 

Double EDIT: On the other hand, Narcian would only need to have 33 atk to ORKO the lance peg (33 x 1.4 from WTA and Emerald Axe = 46 atk, 46 atk - 22 def = 23. He would double with Lancebreaker for 23 x 2 for the ORKO), which is easily attainable at 3*. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

My Cherche can't, she got drag back in one attempt by the blue peg and then kill by Michalis. Which sucks since I powered level her from LV1 to 40 after promoting her yesterday.

Cherche(HP49 ATK50 SPD25 DEF32 RES16)

Narcian is 2 Star so I would have to promote and do more power leveling since I never got the 3 star version of him if I use him.

29 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If I could give Literally Everything to Raigh, he'd be the following:

+Spd/-Res
-blade+
Dragonic Aura
Rally Attack, I guess
Fury
Desperation
Threaten Speed

along with a team that buffs/heals him.

This build worries about Brave weapons, Effie's attack, and not much else.  35 Speed is a nice number that prevents most of the neutral cast from doubling him.  25 Def/29 Res is a little frail, but that's why he's holding a -blade tome.  Speed buff + Threaten Speed + Desperation means that he'll double most units as soon as his health drops low enough. Pity that his HP is so low, but I suspect it's so that he doesn't break the game outright.

Any other weapon is an upgrade, though, so Fenrir works!

lol don't have such a lucky IV nor such handy skills laying about but thanks, that sounds cool  :)