Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

11 minutes ago, Skids said:

So I am trying to beat lunatic and having trouble. Been checking the team comps people use and I just can not find one that works for me. Mainly since I have to sub a different unit out due to not owning that character.  So with that characters I have in this pick. What team would you recommend. Note these are not skill inherited characters and I do have the free character but I rather not have to power level them. 

And thank you guys in advance for the help with this.

Screenshot_20170325-165823.png

Your narcian is 2 star so you can try, Cherche Liliana Takumi and abel, but Narcian is really really good on this map and you should consider getting him up to speed.

Make sure you send Cherche(or narcian) to fight the blue pegasus and Abel should be on the right, ready for the cavalier. Takumi can help with the red pegasus and you're also gonna need some good positioning for Lili to smack the crap out of michalis. 

Cherche won't instantly kill the lance, so really consider getting Narcy up!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ExpendableExtra @Skids @Arcanite

I did some maths on the previous page, but in case you missed it:

You either need to have an axe flier that has 56 atk (which even a 5* level 40 +Atk Cherche cannot hit without buffs)

OR get Narcian up to 33 Atk (which is easily attainable at 3*).

Alternatively, you can transfer Lancebreaker to another axe flier that does not have Emerald Axe, but that flier would need to have at least 38 Atk. 

29 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would recommend a team of Narcian, Lilina, Olivia, and Abel. 

Send all of your units to the very right except for Narcian, who'll be just barely in range of the lance peg at the bottom. No other units should be in range of anyone else. 

Narcian should be able to ORKO the lance peg on enemy phase and not get dragged back. Then, send Abel up to kill the sword cavalier and use a combination of Lilina + dancing w/ Olivia to kill Michalis. Narcian can then kill the remaining lancer. 

A Dance from Olivia means that Abel can deal with the sword cavalier while Narcian baits the lance flier.  It'll take a turn for Michalis to fly close enough to the rest of your team to be a threat, and a retreating Abel is perfect for pulling him away from Narcian.

Ty for the tips.  I promoted Narcian to 3 stars(thank goodness for the daily 200 feathers).  Now to grind him up as fast as I can. I may even use all those crystal I been hoarding to do it.

I got the damage numbers for the -Atk 4* Palla and +Atk 5* M!Robin w/ Atk +4 boost vs Michalis:

Palla normal: 11
Palla Moonbow: 23
M!Robin: 13

Exact lethal with M!Robin getting Dance on Turn 2. Sorry for incorrectly remembering M!Robin's damage output earlier. Hope this gives insight for anyone that wants to use Palla. A neutral Atk Palla would only need +1 Atk boost to match the numbers.

Edited by Dual Dragons

I beat Lunatic with Eldigan, Sanaki, Effie and Nino, all Lv.40 5*

I take like five turns to set it up. Effie (+HP/-Spd) must bait the enemies on the right side, where she will be hit by the Blue Flier and almost kill him. Then she gets dragged back and hit by Michalis but she'll barely survive at 8HP. Next turn, Sanaki positions herself below Effie and kills Michalis, Effie then killes the Blue Flier and Eldigan kills the Red soldier above, he should be dragged upwards due to his skill. Enemy phase, the Red Flier attacks Effie (he has no other choice) and dies. I spend a few extra turns so Nino kills the remaining Blue Soldier, which she can safely ORKO.

EDIT: My Effie got Vengeance through skill inheritance, which she activates when countering Michalis, I'll check if it makes a difference.

EDIT EDIT: Yeah, it does. If Effie doesn't trigger Vengeance Sanaki is 2 HP short of killing Michalis.

Edited by Jave

The 3* Japenese run (with Lilina substituted for Sophia) didn't work for me because instead of moving to the bottom row, Michalis moved along the right wall and killed one of my units next round. In the end I succeeded with a team of 4* Narcian, 3* Subaki, 4* Palla (neutral) and 4* Lilina. 

I positioned Palla and Narcian one row above the starting squares, baiting Michalis and the blue flier respectively. Narcian ORKO'd the flier and moved to a safe square on the left. Palla held off Michalis until the next round, when her Moonbow activated and softened him up enough for Lilina to finish him off in one hit. Subaki moved up to kill the red flier. The final round was a simple and safe removal of the remaining red and blue with Subaki and Narcian.

3 minutes ago, Rosveen said:

The 3* Japenese run (with Lilina substituted for Sophia) didn't work for me because instead of moving to the bottom row, Michalis moved along the right wall and killed one of my units next round. In the end I succeeded with a team of 4* Narcian, 3* Subaki, 4* Palla (neutral) and 4* Lilina. 

I positioned Palla and Narcian one row above the starting squares, baiting Michalis and the blue flier respectively. Narcian ORKO'd the flier and moved to a safe square on the left. Palla held off Michalis until the next round, when her Moonbow activated and softened him up enough for Lilina to finish him off in one hit. Subaki moved up to kill the red flier. The final round was a simple and safe removal of the remaining red and blue with Subaki and Narcian.

From what I remember, the AI moves towards the color they are advantaged to unless they have a target in range. So maybe you just got screwed by the RNG with the how the AI decides the route.

9 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

From what I remember, the AI moves towards the color they are advantaged to unless they have a target in range. So maybe you just got screwed by the RNG with the how the AI decides the route.

Might be something about detecting Lilina's paper-thin defense. I replaced her with another unit yesterday and Michalis moved as in the video (but I wasn't able to kill him before he activated his special, so that attempt was a bust). However, every time I used Lilina, he moved to the wall. I could kill him... But there was only one safe square left, so the next round either Lilina or Narcian were open to an attack from the red flier, which neither of them could take.

Edited by Rosveen

Okay, so that altered idea of @LordFrigid did not work. A lv. 38 high attack, low res 4* Subaki leaves the sword cavalier with 9 HP; Subaki is only 1 point off from maxing out to his high base attack of 26 which gives him a total of 34 attack. He'd need someone to buff his attack or a special like Bonfire to kill the sword cavalier. Problem is that the AI probably knows this and would send in the sword cavalier first and the lance flier second to absorb Bonfire assuming she'll live. Another problem is I screwed up and left Tiki in the wrong spot and Michalis and his gang all went after Subaki. I've a feeling that because Subaki is a physical attacker that even if he (could) killed the sword cavalier and Tiki was under Ninian rather than under Frederick, Michalis would just go after him since there's no real risk unlike F!Corrin who at least is a magical attacker and Michalis's resistance isn't as high as his defense.

I might have to level up 4* Corrin to level 40 and promote and level up one of the special map Olivia to 3* to get Dance and Hone Attack or I might want to do the Arthur gives Cherche Lancebreaker 2 and Emerald Axe -- why not at this point -- since she's guaranteed to slaughter the lance flyer while Subaki can do his thing like normal. Cherche with neutral defense is supposed to end up with 28 like Narcian, so it's going to be weird. Problem is she'll get doubled since her neutral speed will end up as 22 which is just enough for Michalis to double her. She has Pivot though, so she could hop over Ninian / Olivia and either would still be out of Michalis and the sword flyer's way after Tiki goes to the bottom right corner of the screen that is so Cherche has room to Pivot. Another problem is would Michalis and the sword flyer go different paths because Ninian is a blue meaning Michalis is at an advantage compared to Olivia? That would seriously screw up the plan. Only question remains: am I crazy enough to do this with a level 34 Cherche. She's only 1 point off of defense from taking no damage from the lance flyer.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Skids said:

So I am trying to beat lunatic and having trouble. Been checking the team comps people use and I just can not find one that works for me.

Since you have Takumi and Olivia, you could use the strategy taught by @azurrys here.

Olivia must have Dance and Hone Attack. Add one high firepower red unit of your choice for handling Michalis, e.g. Lucina or Lilina. And one physical tank (Cherche, Shanna, F!Corrin, ...) for holding and chipping a lone blue lancer once.

Edited by chirp

2 hours ago, Skids said:

So I am trying to beat lunatic and having trouble. Been checking the team comps people use and I just can not find one that works for me. Mainly since I have to sub a different unit out due to not owning that character.  So with that characters I have in this pick. What team would you recommend. Note these are not skill inherited characters and I do have the free character but I rather not have to power level them. 

And thank you guys in advance for the help with this.

Screenshot_20170325-165823.png

If you can get Narcian to 4* in his 30s, you can try using my strategy - - - linked by Raven on the first page (I used Lucina + Peri + Gordin + Narcian), and replace Peri with Abel (only job is to ORKO the sword cavalier, which Abel should easily do) and replace Gordin with Takumi (only job is to kill the sword flier). I assume Cherche is too slow to ORKO the lance flier? If she can, my strategy is still usable~! If you use my strategy, I'll redo the map turn by turn and post how to position your units. :3

Edited by Iris

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Okay, so that altered idea of @LordFrigid did not work. A lv. 38 high attack, low res 4* Subaki leaves the sword cavalier with 9 HP; Subaki is only 1 point off from maxing out to his high base attack of 26 which gives him a total of 34 attack. He'd need someone to buff his attack or a special like Bonfire to kill the sword cavalier. Problem is that the AI probably knows this and would send in the sword cavalier first and the lance flier second to absorb Bonfire assuming she'll live. Another problem is I screwed up and left Tiki in the wrong spot and Michalis and his gang all went after Subaki. I've a feeling that because Subaki is a physical attacker that even if he (could) killed the sword cavalier and Tiki was under Ninian rather than under Frederick, Michalis would just go after him since there's no real risk unlike F!Corrin who at least is a magical attacker and Michalis's resistance isn't as high as his defense.

I might have to level up 4* Corrin to level 40 and promote and level up one of the special map Olivia to 3* to get Dance and Hone Attack or I might want to do the Arthur gives Cherche Lancebreaker 2 and Emerald Axe -- why not at this point -- since she's guaranteed to slaughter the lance flyer while Subaki can do his thing like normal. Cherche with neutral defense is supposed to end up with 28 like Narcian, so it's going to be weird. Problem is she'll get doubled since her neutral speed will end up as 22 which is just enough for Michalis to double her. She has Pivot though, so she could hop over Ninian / Olivia and either would still be out of Michalis and the sword flyer's way after Tiki goes to the bottom right corner of the screen that is so Cherche has room to Pivot. Another problem is would Michalis and the sword flyer go different paths because Ninian is a blue meaning Michalis is at an advantage compared to Olivia? That would seriously screw up the plan. Only question remains: am I crazy enough to do this with a level 34 Cherche. She's only 1 point off of defense from taking no damage from the lance flyer.

When in doubt, shove a few more levels into people!  Who can say no to free stats?

You'll need 37 MT on Subaki to ORKO the sword cavalier, if you want to go that route.  A Hone Atk from Olivia will do the trick.

52 minutes ago, Iris said:

If you can get Narcian to 4* in his 30s, you can try using my strategy - - - linked by Raven on the first page (I used Lucina + Peri + Gordin + Narcian), and replace Peri with Abel (only job is to ORKO the sword cavalier, which Abel should easily do) and replace Gordin with Takumi (only job is to kill the sword flier). I assume Cherche is too slow to ORKO the lance flier? If she can, my strategy is still usable~! If you use my strategy, I'll redo the map turn by turn and post how to position your units. :3

@Skids Adding on to Iris' strategy: if you wanted to save feathers, a 3* Narcian is sufficient to bait and ORKO the lance peg at the beginning as long as he has up to 33 atk, which he can get as a 3*. 

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

When in doubt, shove a few more levels into people!  Who can say no to free stats?

You'll need 37 MT on Subaki to ORKO the sword cavalier, if you want to go that route.  A Hone Atk from Olivia will do the trick.

Well, he's got 2 levels left and 1 point off from maxing all his other stats other than res which is already maxed out. Frederick is also 2 levels off and is 1 point off from maxing out def, HP, and speed. I had my 4* F!Robin who was maxed out at level 39. What a waste of EXP when she was 11-some points off once for me to see her level up and nothing happened.

Hone Attack from Gunter could work too, but the question would be if Gunter could handle the lance units. Could, but so can Frederick and he's going to kill them sooner and take less damage. The other question is if Subaki takes out the sword cavalier, will Michalis go towards Subaki or the rest of the group? I have a feeling he might go after Subaki purely because Michalis would be dealing with a blue physical attacker rather than a blue magical like Corrin or even Ninian despite her being an easier target since she'd be underleveled.

I'm definitely going to have to level up Olivia, won't I? I might have to go with the pseudo-Narcian strategy since while Corrin's average attack is higher than Subaki and she'll be a higher attack with Hone Attack, the sword cavalier has higher res over def. Don't think she can take him out in one round if that's the case.

Of all the green units I didn't get, it's the one that is making this map infuriating. It's so easy with Narcian. Bleh.

Wow. Michalis is a pissy dude who killed his own father to take the throne. Man he's cold. The only nice thing you get out of him is that he admits Marth is a good ruler, it seems. lol

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, he's got 2 levels left and 1 point off from maxing all his other stats other than res which is already maxed out. Frederick is also 2 levels off and is 1 point off from maxing out def, HP, and speed. I had my 4* F!Robin who was maxed out at level 39. What a waste of EXP when she was 11-some points off once for me to see her level up and nothing happened.

Hone Attack from Gunter could work too, but the question would be if Gunter could handle the lance units. Could, but so can Frederick and he's going to kill them sooner and take less damage. The other question is if Subaki takes out the sword cavalier, will Michalis go towards Subaki or the rest of the group? I have a feeling he might go after Subaki purely because Michalis would be dealing with a blue physical attacker rather than a blue magical like Corrin or even Ninian despite her being an easier target since she'd be underleveled.

I'm definitely going to have to level up Olivia, won't I? I might have to go with the pseudo-Narcian strategy since while Corrin's average attack is higher than Subaki and she'll be a higher attack with Hone Attack, the sword cavalier has higher res over def. Don't think she can take him out in one round if that's the case.

Of all the green units I didn't get, it's the one that is making this map infuriating. It's so easy with Narcian. Bleh.

Or the 3* Michalis. :P:

Subaki has a Sapphire Lance, which means that he'll deal extra damage to reds.  Corrin hits Resistance, which is a problem because the sword flier has 37 Res.

Due to their weapons, Gunter and Frederick have the same Atk.  However, Frederick gets Luna, which means he'll eventually do more damage.  Gunter is tankier when attacking, and Frederick is better at absorbing damage on enemy phase.  The question is whether or not the battle will go on long enough for Luna to matter, versus the +3 Atk boost that Gunter gives.

Leveling Olivia isn't a bad thing, because she's useful everywhere.  She's been on every single one of my Grand Hero Battle teams, and my strategies rely very heavily on her!

EDIT:

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow. Michalis is a pissy dude who killed his own father to take the throne. Man he's cold. The only nice thing you get out of him is that he admits Marth is a good ruler, it seems. lol

The kicker:

Spoiler

Despite all of this, it was Maria that saved Michalis after Marth's army defeated him.  That's why he turned over a new leaf (sort of) and helps Marth out in FE3/12.  It's also why he's worried about her.

Edited by eclipse

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The kicker:

Hide contents

Despite all of this, it was Maria that saved Michalis after Marth's army defeated him.  That's why he turned over a new leaf (sort of) and helps Marth out in FE3/12.  It's also why he's worried about her.

Heh, somehow I figured he had a heart in there somewhere. I haven't seen him mention Maria yet, though.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's one of his castle quotes.  In terms of character, I think Heroes does a good enough job of conveying who he is - generally unpleasant with a giant soft spot for Maria.

It's also why I really want people to get him.  He's a fairly interesting character.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

It's one of his castle quotes.  In terms of character, I think Heroes does a good enough job of conveying who he is - generally unpleasant with a giant soft spot for Maria.

It's also why I really want people to get him.  He's a fairly interesting character.

Ah, I see. He also said he hates Marth and that they'll never understand each other, which kinda made me think Michalis has some sort of reason for being who he is. He does seem like an interesting character.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I love that when you select him on the map, sometimes he shouts out: "DON'T PUSH ME!" It's so hilarious how aggressive he is. He's like the captioned images of a bat saying: "No! Stop touching me! I am the night!"

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Or the 3* Michalis. :P:

Subaki has a Sapphire Lance, which means that he'll deal extra damage to reds.  Corrin hits Resistance, which is a problem because the sword flier has 37 Res.

Due to their weapons, Gunter and Frederick have the same Atk.  However, Frederick gets Luna, which means he'll eventually do more damage.  Gunter is tankier when attacking, and Frederick is better at absorbing damage on enemy phase.  The question is whether or not the battle will go on long enough for Luna to matter, versus the +3 Atk boost that Gunter gives.

Leveling Olivia isn't a bad thing, because she's useful everywhere.  She's been on every single one of my Grand Hero Battle teams, and my strategies rely very heavily on her!

What about the 3* Michalis? I remember seeing mentions about him being used in place of Narcian, but doesn't he suffer from the same issues other non-Lancebreaker, high attack axe flyers do?

Yeah, it's why I chose to swap out Subaki for Corrin when I saw LordFrigid's video because the Pegasus Knight and apparently, the cavalier and even the infantry have high resistance. Figured Subaki would be fine, but nope, he's just shy of a couple attack points and then everyone just rushed in like, "You messed up, Subaki! You are imperfect!", and then I sighed and gave up leaving Subaki to his fate. I could give Subaki Bonfire and he's over 50-ish SP to getting both Glowing Ember and Bonfire, but! What if the sword cavalier attacks first and then the lance flyer? Bonfire then gets wasted. The AI isn't stupid. It knows. Probably should just max out Subaki figure out of I want to use Gunter or level up an Olivia and give Subaki Bonfire just for the hell of it and to make it clear he will freaking murder the sword units.

I like Olivia and she's great. I just don't like the art for some reason. But Ninian, though.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'll tell y'all when they get back

I'm cooking right now so I may not always be able to respond but I'M HERE

THE RESULTS ARE HERE 

MY BODY IS READY