Raven

7 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@MrSmokestack - because youre hiding

Well... The winner is...

Hide contents

Me. 

Why?

I used my own team by mistake.

For some reason I had a 4th team with Subaki, Narcian, Olivia and Takumi. 3 turns not including set up.... My bad ('-_- )

-----

I could see who has the least amount of turns as compensation...

You're dabest (y)

Also my lab result brings the result that Ana's units (as far as I remember) can't beat the Lunatic map. Prominently because Sharena needs to have at least 43 Atk to ORK (she only has 41 at 4*) the blue pony. Damn shame, but oh well.

Guess it's impossible without using inheritance.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Friends,

Thanks to this great discussion I was able to beat this GHB map on lunatic with my not ideal set of heroes:

Nino 4* lvl 36, Olwen 5* lvl 40, Abel 5* lvl 40 and Gordin 4* lvl 36

This was awesome.

Have a great day!

I didn't think to try and use an axe flier since i've only got some 3 more units at 35+ besides my general team, but leveling Narcian made it work wonderously on my first try. Some 4-5 turns i think? I wasn't really taking note of it since i thought i was going to get killed on that first try.

Team 40 5* M!Robin, M!Corrin, Felicia and 37 4* Narcian.

Narcian baited the blue peg who dies, Robin hits red cav and tanks his hits.

Narcian and felicia are out of the way while Corrin tanks Michalis and red peg and Robin hits red peg while still tanking red cav.

Michalis dies by Corrin, Felicia finishes off the other one, Robin kills cav and narcian switches with Corrin, lancer dies immediately next turn after a superfluous Felicia/Narcian combo.

Gotta love that emerald axe. This is my first time i've won a lunatic GHB so im pretty excited! It's also made mostly with my usual team, just switched Lissa for Narcian. Pic of stats here because mobile only lets me upload one pic: 

Edited by Suzuranao

I couldn't beat that chapter on Lunatic.

My highest level "tanking" unit is a level 35 4* Gunter, and... he's Gunter. He could probably tank something (or not. 26 def looks bad for a mighty glacier) if it weren't for his abysmal speed (21), which takes his advantage away. My other option is my 5* Peri, whose attack (44) and speed (30) are decent, but her defense is just as ridiculous (22) and she gets OHKOed by anything that comes close to her. My level 35 5* Tiki is my highest def unit, and she dies just as easily (33 def, but that 22 speed and red affinity don't help much against anything that isn't called Michalis, I guess). My 4* Robin might as well deal negative damage and heal enemy units when he hits them (33 atk, which wouldn't be so bad if he weren't a blue unit). There's no other ranged stronger than him, except my Sophia (36 atk), but that wouldn't make much difference and she doesn't have enough SP to learn Draw Back and troll Michalis.

I'm not good enough at metagame/skill shenanigans or strategical, creative thinking to pass a Lunatic map by killing enemy units through tickling, so I took the runner-up route, got 3* Michalis, then spent all I had into him until he became a 5* unit, even if I don't have enough SP to use his skills. I got what I wanted in the end, and that's good. Take that, game!

Edited by Rapier

I mourn the fact I didn't get Narcian on my second account - starting it too late. The emerald axe seems to be the deciding factor for my units - even Camilla with TA2 didn't manage to oneshot that mangey critter. I'm trying to power level the 3* (now 4*) Michalis like the video advises but not enough time. Shame, since I could really use the shield on that account, but oh well. I hope they come round again. 

My main account did fine, though. Narcian is killer. Why is the emerald axe so rare? Only he and Arthur (possibly the only 3* I haven't pulled now) have it, and Narcian is so far a one off... Bit annoying, but I'll get over it. I hope to pull a few Arthurs in the future, though, on that account. Will give the Emerald Axe to Camilla to really go to town on it.

Hello I made an account here so I could share how I beat the map about a week ago and possibly help someone. Anyway to the point: I had a team with Marth 5*, Gordin 4*, Cecilia 4*, Olivia 4*. The important things here were Marth's Pivot and Drawback on Cecilia. Basically anyone with Pivot and the ability to tank and kill the red cavalier on the right corner works in Marth's place. My Cecilia had also inherited axe breaker and the blade tome, although one of them was unnecessary with this battle. Marth was lv40, Gordin lv36, Cecilia 40lv and Olivia 24lv.

How I did it is basically this:

First move the characters to the right side of the map so that Gordin is up, Marth is in the middle, Olivia is in the bottom and Cecilia is beside them.

1. Make Gordin kill the lance flier, Pivot Marth to the top of him to tank the red cavalier and after that drawback Gordin to safety with Cecilia

2. Marth kills the red cavalier on the enemy's turn and Michalis and the other flier come closer

3. Move Gordin in front of Michalis and kill the flier behind him and after that kill Michalis with Cecilia and Olivia

4. Dispose of the remaining cavalier however you see fit

If someone has this team and wants to try it or wants more details, I can provide some pictures.

I finally got Michalis 4*.  Would had him sooner but was out late Saturday night and couldn't play my tablet and had to do some advise power leveling of promoted 2*-3*Narcian form Level 1 to level 40.(Was not lucky enough to get original 3*).

So I first try a team advise by MaskedAmpharos of Narcian, Lilina, Olivia, and Abel. Narcian and Abel were able to handle the Red Calvary and Blue pegasus with ease.  Sadly Michalis and the Red pegasus were not cooperative with being were I needed them to be so I can kill with Lilina and Abel.  Uing the 3* run as reference to where characters needed to be to beat Michalis.  Michalis responding different to my ABel unlike the Subaki.  If I had him were Subaki was he would go left instead of down while the Red pegasus go down with out him.  If had Abel lower he would follow him down but if I move Abel up the Red Pegasus would be like i'm going stay by Michalis.  So i was closer but not their yet.

So I change it up with Iris's recommend plan.  Where I kept Narcian and Abel but swapped in Lucina and Takumi.  Which were the key for success.  Since I knew can split Michalis and the Red Pegasus unit depending were Abel was when I move Narcian to be hit. I had Takumi kill the Red Pegasus when he went down and Lucina to kill Michalis when he went left.  Then mop up with Narcian on the last guy. 

So I want to thank in order MaskedAmpharos, ExpendableExtra, Arcanite, Eclipse, Dual Dragons, Jave, Chirp, and Iris

6 minutes ago, Skids said:

I finally got Michalis 4*.  Would had him sooner but was out late Saturday night and couldn't play my tablet and had to do some advise power leveling of promoted 2*-3*Narcian form Level 1 to level 40.(Was not lucky enough to get original 3*).

So I first try a team advise by MaskedAmpharos of Narcian, Lilina, Olivia, and Abel. Narcian and Abel were able to handle the Red Calvary and Blue pegasus with ease.  Sadly Michalis and the Red pegasus were not cooperative with being were I needed them to be so I can kill with Lilina and Abel.  Uing the 3* run as reference to where characters needed to be to beat Michalis.  Michalis responding different to my ABel unlike the Subaki.  If I had him were Subaki was he would go left instead of down while the Red pegasus go down with out him.  If had Abel lower he would follow him down but if I move Abel up the Red Pegasus would be like i'm going stay by Michalis.  So i was closer but not their yet.

So I change it up with Iris's recommend plan.  Where I kept Narcian and Abel but swapped in Lucina and Takumi.  Which were the key for success.  Since I knew can split Michalis and the Red Pegasus unit depending were Abel was when I move Narcian to be hit. I had Takumi kill the Red Pegasus when he went down and Lucina to kill Michalis when he went left.  Then mop up with Narcian on the last guy. 

So I want to thank in order MaskedAmpharos, ExpendableExtra, Arcanite, Eclipse, Dual Dragons, Jave, Chirp, and Iris

Oh my. It doesn't sound like I did much if the team I recommended didn't work out because AI, but I'm glad you managed to beat the map in the end!

34 minutes ago, Skids said:

Congratulations~!

Not sure what I'm doing in the credits section, but glad to be of help!

I know I'm kind of late to the party because I burnt all my stamina on quests before tackling the GHB, but I thought I'd still share a relatively simple way to beat the map without a trained Narcian/a lancebraker flier.

What you need is...

• a dancer/singer (I like Olivia here as she's free and supports with Hone Attack)
  • someone who can dispose of the sword units quickly (Subaki is pretty nice as he additionally flies, but Abel and Sully have the advantage of higher mobility)
  • a magical nuker that can dispose of Michalis, possibly with dancer help (Pretty much any red mage/green mage with high attack works for this, which should be anyone except Henry/RobinF/Cecilia/Merric, I believe? Anyways, the Tikis are also viable as alternatives, but I generally prefer someone green like Julia/Nino because it helps with nuking the lancer later on)
  • a bow user who can oneround the fliers and survives an axe to the face (This one's the most difficult generally. Takumi and Jeorge work always at 5 stars, but +Spd!Klein, +Att!Virion and +Att!Rebecca suffice just as well. You could also experiment with buffs/skills on other archers; the goal is to hit at least 45 attack and 29 speed)

The concrete action order now looks like this:

1. Do some setup and line your units up right at the edge of the lance pegasus' attack range. First your bow user, then the lancer, the dancer and the mage.
  2. Move the archer in and kill the pegasus.
  3. Place the lancer above the archer (move, dance, move again).
  4. Put the mage down next to the dancer.
  5. During enemy phase the red cavalier runs into your sword counter while Michalis chunks your archer and gets chipped a little in return.
  6. Finish the cavalier if he isn't already dead, then move your mage up and blast Michalis. Dance if needed.
  7. The lancer and the sword pegasus should've moved closer. The latter is now easy prey for your archer, even though it's also possible to kill him on enemy phase when you use Subaki and fly him into the space where Michalis used to be.
  8. Gang up on your last remaining opponent and murder him gruesomely.

Anyways, I hope I was still able to help someone out. :)

1 hour ago, Skids said:

Nice dude! Glad to know I helped.

4 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Update: No winners yet. I've decided to max out my units the best I can before I go for it. This way there is no disadvantage for a certain team if a unit levels up between attempts.

The plot thickens

I beat it! I beat Lunatic Michalis! Take that, you jerk! Oh, I'll promote you from 3* and your new lines? Being more of jerk to me. Now you and your 4* copy's fates will be in my hands! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, before anything else, I'd like to thank Arcanite, eclipse, LordFrigid, MaskedAmpharos, and MrSmokestack for suggesting strategies and general help. Also, shadowofchaos since one of your comments said who, Mkv., did the map with Michalis when eclipse mentioned that Michalis could be used in place of Narcian.

So, I ended up using MaskedAmpharos's suggestion, but adult Tiki in place of Sophia since one, she's underleveled and two, she has low attack, high res and I don't want to chance leveling her up and still having too low of an attack with Olivia's Hone Attack 2. It was also why I didn't try the 4* Michalis strategy by Mkv. since I don't think I can get enemy Michalis to go towards Tiki without getting either Michalis or Subaki killed. Adult Tiki was at level 38 when this all started, so she was rearing to go. It was pretty much as you and others said about the Narcian/any applicable axe flyer with at least 38 attack and Lancebreaker baits lance Pegasus Knight and so on. The only difference was that because Tiki's a dragon and Subaki has high attack boon, the process was a little different after Cherche was used to bait the lance Peggy.

Also, there is a video showing Cherche with Lancebreaker in place of Narcian doing the same strategy and with the same remaining units Mkv. used. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZUppuxidlg. It was a response to a question asked by the same guy who did it in Mkv.'s comments section asking if Cherche could do the map.

The team used were:

Spoiler

Cherche (high res, low attack), level 38, 3* with all her default skills equipped and Lancebreaker 2 from Arthur -- she also has Emerald Axe which would have just did more damage to the blue units, but it costs a ton of SP. Stats are: 41 HP, 40 attack (30 base + 8 MT Hammer and Attack +2), 21 speed, 28 def, and 16 res.

Olivia, level 23 -- she's level 25 now --, 3*, default skills minus Knockback -- just don't have the SP. Stats as a level 25 since I had some stamina left and used it to level her, Michalis and 2* Stahl up: 26 HP, 30 attack (19 base + 11 Silver Sword), 22 speed, 15 def, and 15 res.

Subaki (high attack, low res), level 40, 4*, default skills. Stats: 37 HP, 34 attack (26 base + 8 MT Sapphire Lance), 33 speed, 33 def, and 20 res (17 base + Resistance +3).

Adult Tiki (high defense, low res), level 40, 4*, default skills. Stats: 37 HP, 41 attack (37 base + Fire Breath+), 21 speed, 36 def, and 19 res.

So, key things to note is that a 3* Cherche cannot survive against Michalis. A neutral 3* Cherche will get doubled. So, she needs a def buff or high HP or high def to survive that and even then, she'd have like 2 HP which wouldn't let her go up against the lance infantry safely. I think Michalis's speed buff from Goad Flyers is still active during your round after the lance flyer dies, so Cherche would need at least 29 speed which isn't possible unless you have a speed boon 5* Cherche. Basically, get her away from Michalis.

The other thing is that because of the nature of my Subaki, he can ORKO the sword cavalier with Hone Attack 2 from Olivia. Others will not. He might with Bonfire or another low cooldown special, so if you have the SP, spare units, you really like Subaki, and you're really sure what you're doing, then sure, you could ORKO the sword cavalier with Subaki.

Also, to make sure Tiki could KO Michalis in 2 attacks, I had her Lightning Breath swapped out with Fire Breath+. An attack boon and probably a 5* Tiki doesn't need to do this. Added benefit is that Bonfire has its normal 3 cooldown without Lightning Breath. Alternatively, if you're into inheriting skills or wanted to do this for whatever reason, Dark Breath and Light Breath have 9 MT.

The process:

Spoiler

Turn 1.

Initial position-wise, I had Olivia below Subaki so he would have enough attack to ORKO the sword cavalier, thus, Tiki was below Olivia. Cherche was in the same spot as Narcian and would go towards the lance Peggy.

Turn 1 over.

The lance Peggy gets baited and is taken out by Cherche, sword cavalier moves down towards Subaki, and the lance infantry makes her way over the top towards Subaki. Thinking about it, I don't remember exactly where Michalis and the sword Peggie went. I think Michalis went straight down like he does in the other videos, but I don't know about the sword Peggie. I think she went to where the lance Peggy used to be knowing she could simply go straight down towards Cherche and KO her or Michalis can go towards Cherche and KO her. Y'know, I think that's what happened and even if it didn't Cherche was essentially trapped and she had no way out... or did she?

Turn 2.

Subaki is moved to attack the sword cavalier. I clearly remember him taking no damage for some reason. After that, I carefully thought about where my units should be to make sure Cherche doesn't get killed; I moved Olivia up to Subaki to Dance for Subaki to move him towards where the sword cavalier was or if the sword Peggie was where the lance Peggy was, then I moved him to KO her as well. Tiki is then moved right next to Cherche putting her in Michalis's range and allowing Cherche to Pivot over Tiki into a safe spot.

Turn 2 over.

Michalis attacks Tiki who takes a little over half his HP and because she got doubled, fills her special gauge. Lance infantry continues moving towards Subaki. If the sword Peggie wasn't dead on the previous turn, then she would be dead now after getting baited towards Subaki.

Turn 3.

Tiki KOs Michalis with Bonfire activating. Next, I moved Cherche up to the edge of the lance infantry's range just to be safe and Olivia with her to have Hone Attack 2 activate.

Turn 3 over.

Lance infantry moves down the right side.

Turn 4.

Cherche KOs the lance infantry. Victory.

I think I might have been able to win 1 turn earlier, but whatever. I won, I beat my first Lunatic Grand Hero Battle with all of your help and I got a spare 4* Michalis probably for skills -- Blazing Thunder and Iote's Shield are really nice. I wished we could inherit some legendary weapons since I really want to give Cherche Hauteclare purely because it's the weapon she holds in her official artwork for Awakening and it looks cool. The only thing that still bothers me is that I have no idea where the sword Peggie went exactly. The obvious is that she went down with Michalis, but I swear there was a gap between them and there's only 4 possible places she could have went: down with Michalis, to the right where the lance Peggy was, or for whatever stupid reason, she didn't move or she went up which is the most unlikely one -- nobody's there. Regardless of where she went, there was no way for her to interfere with Tiki, so whatever.

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I beat it! I beat Lunatic Michalis! Take that, you jerk! Oh, I'll promote you from 3* and your new lines? Being more of jerk to me. Now you and your 4* copy's fates will be in my hands! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, before anything else, I'd like to thank Arcanite, eclipse, LordFrigid, MaskedAmpharos, and MrSmokestack for suggesting strategies and general help. Also, shadowofchaos since one of your comments said who, Mkv., did the map with Michalis when eclipse mentioned that Michalis could be used in place of Narcian.

Yay I'm happy to know I helped somehow :)

Btw, you can give Cherche the Hauteclere as far as I know. I think the only thing that might be lost is the slowdown special trigger effect which isn't too "legendary" in itself, so it might stay too. You'd have to 5 star Michalis just to give it to her though so its probably not worth in the first place. Unless it really really really really really means that much to you.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Btw, you can give Cherche the Hauteclere as far as I know. I think the only thing that might be lost is the slowdown special trigger effect which isn't too "legendary" in itself, so it might stay too. You'd have to 5 star Michalis just to give it to her though so its probably not worth in the first place. Unless it really really really really really means that much to you.

I'll never ever, ever, ever give the Macedonian regalia to an outsider and an outtimer. How is that even possible. Shame on you for even suggesting such heresy.

why is cherche so good anyway i know she's good why must everyone else pale in comparison so much :(

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You can't give away signature weapons through inheritance.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I'll never ever, ever, ever give the Macedonian regalia to an outsider and an outtimer. How is that even possible. Shame on you for even suggesting such heresy.

why is cherche so good anyway i know she's good why must everyone else pale in comparison so much :(

For the record, if it were up to me, I'd give Hauteclere to Anna. I only said that for Kaden's benefit. Also I said he'd have to 5 star Michalis which might not be worth. Geez Louise Mac n' cheese! 

We should stop here before the thread gets too spammy and derail-y (?)

On 25/3/2017 at 8:23 PM, eclipse said:

Burn that Barst for Reposition on Sophia, and Fortify Defense because why not.

The team I had in mind was Sophia, Gordin, Ephraim, and Olivia.  Have Sophia Reposition Ephraim into Michalis' range on the right, so Ephraim can aggro everything by attacking the sword cavalier.  Olivia can dance Sophia to safety.  Gordin's job is to fill non-Michalis fliers with arrows.  Sophia's job is to kill Michalis in two hits, with a little help from Olivia.

Thanks for you help, I have succesfully got 4* Michalis.

35 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah, thanks. Just having a discussion can help with planning and thinking over stuff.

The FE Heroes wiki lists Hauteclare as an exclusive weapon. The only unique weapon that you can inherit is the Wo Dao and Wo Dao+. Makes sense since anyone can get in the games it appears in, but even then, some of the legendary weapons were usable by other characters even if they weren't tied to it in some way. I wonder if the Black Knight's Alondite will function like in the Tellius games where you can give it to others units. If Marisa ever makes it in, if she has her Shamshir, it's probably going to be like Karel's Wo Dao. Meanwhile, Jaffar suddenly gains a special set of daggers. I don't remember you having anything special in Blazing Sword during your recruitment chapter.

This is weird, but I don't want to 5* any unit right now. 20k feathers can be used to promote ten 3* units into 4* and that can be a lot of good units, especially for the blue units who I don't really need to do anymore since outside of Shanna and Ursula, I feel like my little group of blues are enough to get by. Getting a 4* unit to 5* seems like a waste. It's too expensive for me.

Still, having a 4* flyer is good since Michalis is the only 4* flyer I own. I didn't want to promote Cherche because of her low attack bane, but she's still good, and Beruka... I like her, but her attack and speed. Anyway, I digress.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She's a strong girl. :P:

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

51 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Thanks for you help, I have succesfully got 4* Michalis.

Congratulations you two~!  I hope you enjoy Sir Grumpyface! :P:

Managed to complete both difficulties. Hard was rather easy (beat it on my first try) but then I attempted Lunatic seeing I had some level 40s lying around. It took me a while, but at least I cleared the map before the event finished.

My team was Roy/Kagero/Abel/Olivia. Kagero and Abel were 5*, Roy and Olivia were 4*. I also had Abel at level 33 and Olivia at 27, but she was just dancing and providing attack buffs.

Should I share my strategy?