Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I just might. LHB's carry the biggest mental tax since I actually have to figure out and beat the map around what's likely to be a very busy time. I'm already tired at this point. Just driven.

Well, you set yourself a enddate to have more time + less stress and now you are having big stress to keep the enddate.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well, you set yourself a enddate to have more time + less stress and now you are having big stress to keep the enddate.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's mostly my fault though. I didn't initially plan to revisit the old GHB's in the rotation. If not for that, I'd be coasting this entire time, but you know me, can't leave any boxes unchecked.

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @Azuris @Nanima @Baldrick @daisy jane @eclipse @ruruo @DarkLordIvy @SatsumaFSoysoy

Old Clears: 

Hide contents

Only took 2 tries for Morgan. All it took was a quick switch to Vantage for our little mage and it was done. What was the most interesting however was how Morgan parallels Matthew, as his was the only clear to take place on the left side of the map.

What took so long was my Memu deciding to not work anymore resulting in a couple of hours of wheel spinning until I eventually reinstalled which fixed the problem, but why bore you with the details. I'm going to finish things and technical problems shant stop me.

In the end though, this map disappeared just as quickly as it came.

GG Michalis. Sleep well.

Original clear is as Matthew solo as it gets, all he needs is his trusty Genny to keep him alive~

Abyssal featured 1-cooldown Bonfire which I will never shut up about. Anyway, Priscilla’s Savage Pain made this a lot easier for Matt to deal with and it was nice that Azura got the final kill

Ninian surviving Michalis’ attack after having already taken a hit was impressive, as was Amelia having no trouble with the Red Flier. Morgan himself doesn't get into too many close calls but he has his Vantage for the one he does~ Quick and easy clear for Team Morgan~

@Zeo

This map without fliers of your own can be a lot more difficult with positioning. But with getting it on the second try it looks like you had that covered pretty well.

Poor Ninian taking that hard hit in the beginning, but she managed to hold on and even get the finish.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

after that it's Klein/Clarine and that's a wrap.

Oh that's nice. But that starts in January, so you wouldn't even have to do that, but I am looking forward to the last ones.

• 2 weeks later...

VG coins came in just in time to make this possible:

@Landmaster @mampfoid

Morgan was tired from the Klein/Clarine clear and was just here for support this time.

Also finally bit the bullet and gave Minerva WoM3. Though in the end I don't think that ended up being needed...

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm really surprised how well Hinoka works in your team. One-rounding Abyssal units is no easy task.

She's been really good considering she's unmerged and has a meh nature(+Def, - HP). Goes to show the power of stacked goads.

IS needs to do another banner with her already so I can get her more merges.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Will you make something with the whitewings? 

Maybe someday but i don't have the resources right now to build all of them.

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

She's been really good considering she's unmerged and has a meh nature(+Def, - HP). Goes to show the power of stacked goads.

Oh really, that's the same nature of mine! She was one of my first ever 5* units, but she could get some more n use these days. 

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Maybe someday but i don't have the resources right now to build all of them.

Didn't play their game (only SoV), but I thought you might like them seeing your S-Supported Minerva. 

3 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

VG coins came in just in time to make this possible:

@Landmaster @mampfoid

Morgan was tired from the Klein/Clarine clear and was just here for support this time.

Also finally bit the bullet and gave Minerva WoM3. Though in the end I don't think that ended up being needed...

Nice, and you only really needed 3 units to do it~ I liked how you just needed one Draw Back to set up Morgan for the Support~

Edited by Landmaster

So, I finally cleared an Abyssal map. Sure, it's Michalis, but it was a chance to pull out the OI' Reliable (Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Valter and Newmilla).

Witch!Nowi takes a shot at Michalis, gets danced and repositions Newzura out of range and I move the other two in the same direction. Next turn Nowi takes out Michalis with two rounds and is moved so she can't be hit by the blue flier who's the only one in range as the others were going for Newzura when she was in the west. I actually move for the centre mountain range, with Newmilla having to take a hit from the blue flier but it allows me to have that control over it which prevents the lance user from using lunge shenanigans. From there it's mostly take it as it comes, with most of them being taken on by Valter. He does a good job tanking, though I wonder if Fury would have been better or worse.

Anyways, one down, I don't want to think how many to go.

• 6 months later...

@mampfoid I feel like I'm obligated to ping you every time I do one of these clears and I bring a flier that's not a refresher after I had HS!Sakura and Cherche face tank hits they couldn't counter.

Needed all of the seals to secure KO's. Man, those fliers are fast.

Spoiler

@Flying Shogi Michalis is tanky, but Felicia took him out anyway, Savage blow lets his defenses melt away. Hinoka was a good choice for a flier map, even if some were protected against effective weapons. 

Looks like we had the same idea for this void week. I cleared most of the GHB rotation with flying beasts. 

• 11 months later...

Can someone please explain to me the secret of this map? Having finally cleared Valter's Infernal this week(after two straight hours of fiddling with Lif, Peony, Legendary Azura, and my main Roy), Michalis is now the last rotating GHB I need to clear. I cannot figure this map out for the life of me, I'm tearing my freaking hair out. I thought Ursula was frustrating enough, given my general noob strat is throw Lif or Legendary Tiki and Brave Camilla at it, but this map...this forsaken map has somehow stymied my every effort.

Edited by SoulWeaver

• 2 years later...