Think they'll balance the units out?

12 minutes ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Gaiden was really bad about evening the playing field stats-wise, giving units like Clive and Tobin no clear advantage over other units that serve the same rolls. Do you think Echoes will remedy that?

Considering the way promotions worked, everyone was at least as good as the class floor.

Alm will still probably be better than pretty much everyone, and do note that FE for the most part hasn't ever been really well balanced, just use your favorites, it'll work out. 

Chibi is right too, the way promotions work is that a units stats will instantly boost to class bases from Villager when they promote if their stats are below em.

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Alm will still probably be better than pretty much everyone, and do note that FE for the most part hasn't ever been really well balanced, just use your favorites, it'll work out. 

Chibi is right too, the way promotions work is that a units stats will instantly boost to class bases from Villager when they promote if their stats are below em.

Pretty much, lol, Alm was always one of the best lords, he was just forgotten about in best lord arguments.

I honestly can't wait for all the complaints about how "promotion bonuses suck" when people grind characters up to level 20 and only get +1 HP upon promotion - assuming they keep the same system in place.

1 minute ago, Commander Xelon said:

Isn't Fire Emblem Gaiden that one game where upon promotion you could LOSE points in several stats?

If you loop Demon Fighter back to Villager maybe, I don't recall it happening any other time though.

I never really got far into it, but I heard that if your stats were higher than the base of your new class, you'd lose points.

Just now, Commander Xelon said:

I never really got far into it, but I heard that if your stats were higher than the base of your new class, you'd lose points.

Nope, that's when you get +1 HP upon promotion.

I remember in the oldies (1/3) that peg knights lost resistance upon promotion to wyvern knight.

And in the remakes too! Promotion to dracoknight in FE11 was a whopping -3 res. And we saw May be super excited over a +2. I don't think we're getting much rebalancing.

Just now, BakanGin said:

I would hate to have weak units that can't damage, so i may not use a few of the villagers.

Well considering you can get them to promotion super fast and their stats instantly go to class bases, I wouldn't worry about that.

Alm is probably the most overpowered lord after Sigurd.

While it's hard to do with characters that promote to class bases, I'd like to see more differentiating between characters of the same class that are very similar like Lukas and Forsyth (especially if they're going to be the green + red pair)

31 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I hope that they use double rng though. In Gaiden, every attack may as well be a coin flip. I restarted my game recently, and have already missed a 100%!

This isn't related to the topic, but do you like Kliff's new redesign?

The only thing I hope is that Res have some kind of growth, because having basically zero way to boost Res is kinda stupid. It's why Forsyth was automatically better than Lukas upon getting it, and part of why Clive was quickly surpassed.

2 hours ago, 1japanfan said:

This isn't related to the topic, but do you like Kliff's new redesign?

I'm digging Kliff's redesign personally. They captured the same confused/derpy look that the old sprite had while also maintaining his badassery.

> Fire Emblem game

> balanced units

Um, I'm gonna say no on this one.

I don't know much about Gaiden, but I heard that archers sucked. Really hard.

I am hoping that all of the villager units are good enough to be usable, though...

50 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I'm digging Kliff's redesign personally. They captured the same confused/derpy look that the old sprite had while also maintaining his badassery.

Old Kliff looked like he was the kind of guy that laughs a loud, exaggerated laugh at pathetically bad jokes. New Kliff is the kind of guy that pauses for a long time, stares, and then chuckles at pathetically bad jokes.

I like them both, basically.

Edited by Extrasolar

17 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

the archers were weak and couldn't really kill anything on their own, but they weren't that bad

they were pretty good for weakening enemies so other units could kill them, or doing a little damage to take out one 

they also had super long range so that made doing that easier and pretty much risk free 

49 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Archers were absolutely insane in Gaiden, where'd you hear that? They could shoot from 1 to 5 range with a bow, and could promote into bow knights and essentially attack everywhere on the map!

Hit rates sucked though

Edited by KliffIsTheOG

Just now, KliffIsTheOG said:

Archers were absolutely insane in Gaiden, where'd you hear that? They could shoot from 1 to 5 range with a bow, and could promote into bow knights and essentially attack everywhere on the map!

The 2 non villager archers you got were utter shit though.
It doesn't matter if they have 1-5 range if they can't double the damn enemies or reliability hit em in the first place y'know

31 minutes ago, N30 said:

The 2 non villager archers you got were utter shit though.
It doesn't matter if they have 1-5 range if they can't double the damn enemies or reliability hit em in the first place y'know

The holy bow really helps with accuracy issues, and speed could be circumvented through the use of the angel ring if you plan ahead.

5 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

The holy bow really helps with accuracy issues, and speed could be circumvented through the use of the angel ring if you plan ahead.

Python's the one that can be salvaged - Leon can't (Leon's 40% skill and 20% speed vs Python's 30% skill and 40% speed with the angel ring. Even then, 3 base skill on Python's part makes it fishy). It also doesn't help that both archer's bases are meh. 10 base str in Python's case and 11 base str in Leon's case is pretty rad tho

Edited by N30