AMH9000's FE7 Rebalance Patch

AMH9000

Hi there! My name is AMH9000 and I have created a mod for Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. (Made for any hard mode)

Download it here --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/02spl31bqljg2pi/Fire Emblem - The Blazing Blade - AMH9000's Mod.ups?dl=0 (tell me if something stupid happens to this link)

The amount of changes I made were... minuscule to say the very least. Changes were made only to character's starting stats and their growths.

Some were drastic (compared to the other changes), others were small, and most of them probably changed nothing.

I attempted to change the levels of some characters but it never wanted to work no matter how hard I tried. :(

I guess some of you want to know what the big changes were, so I'll put 'em in a spoiler, but there's only 3 I can think of as "big" changes.

Spoiler
  1. Wallace got nerfed hard since all of his stats (except for skill and res) going down by quite a bit. The plan was to make him a Lv.8 Knight, but it didn't work.
  2. Dorcas was probably buffed the most, but he got probs +1 in every stat except for HP
  3. This one's a secret, you'll have to find it on your own. (not hard to find and it's not just some random tile being different, just look wherever you feel like looking and maybe you'll find it ;)

Now for the part that'll probably send about 80% of you away... I only worked on the Lyn's Story characters so the only things that are different in this  patch happen in Lyn's 10 chapter story. sucks, I know, but this is my first Fire Emblem patch ever and I worked "hard" on it. It took me about 4 hours to make this so... I'm slightly proud of me.

So, to the 4% of you that clicked on this thread that aren't considering leaving down a hate comment, have fun.

As for the 16%... try first, and then leave down a hate comment if you REALLY want to.

5 hours ago, Enaluxeme said:

Why nerf Wallace? I don't remember him ever being too powerful... Or having any impact at all.

My guess is that this would be a 'balance hack' for Lyn Mode in a vacuum. I suppose him being too strong is not completely inaccurate?

Still, Lyn mode seldom has any real difficulty (outside of newer players of course), so 'balance' isn't going to change much (Anyone LV6+ or so can 1RKO most stuff; so not exclusive to Wallace). If his DEF was lowered by 5 or something, it's not going to make him any less invincible either.

(Granted, I'm not really sure if the OP is asking for constructive feedback or not -- which is still hard to provide without knowing the context behind the changes in the first place; or if there are any ongoing plans with this hack of theirs)

Edited by DLuna

57 minutes ago, DLuna said:

My guess is that this would be a 'balance hack' for Lyn Mode in a vacuum. I suppose him being too strong is not completely inaccurate?

Still, Lyn mode seldom has any real difficulty (outside of newer players of course), so 'balance' isn't going to change much (Anyone LV6+ or so can 1RKO most stuff; so not exclusive to Wallace). If his DEF was lowered by 5 or something, it's not going to make him any less invincible either.

(Granted, I'm not really sure if the OP is asking for constructive feedback or not -- which is still hard to provide without knowing the context behind the changes in the first place; or if there are any ongoing plans with this hack of theirs)

I'd definitely like some constructive feedback, but as for nerfing Wallace, I felt like him being lv. 12 or a promoted unit was a bit odd since he was retired for a while (although working in the fields is said to be a type of training) but I don't really know what was going through my mind as of making this since I made this in 4 hours since I only changed stats, growths, and 1 secret thing. But since I'll probably be asked these things I'll just answer them now: Wallace has more resistance from his wealth of knowledge over the years of his life. Resisting magic is (supposedly) linked to how you think so... yeah. Dorcas was a bit of an accident, I never intended to "buff" him that much. And no, I won't tell you what the secret change is, but I'll confirm it if you happen to comment it in this thread.

I made this because I've played through Lyn's story so many times, but GBA4ios always got revoked a few chapters after I beat Lundgren, and truth be told; I have not even completed Eliwood's story yet. 

No I did not think that making a hack for FE7 was a bad idea even though I didn't even beat Eliwood's story.