New Echoes Trailer - Two Armies

8 hours ago, Tryhard said:I get what you're saying but at the same time you're assuming if they used the other style that they wouldn't update it to have more than say, two people a chest like we've already seen this other style to have been.

It's good for interiors but I would've preferred to walk around villages (assuming that third option does not allow us to, of course)

I agree, especially after what My Castle was I feel this was a wasted opportunity. I will reserve too much judgement until more info actually releases, but I am definitely not overly excited about the new town exploration. I would of rather the basic base interface from Tellius over what I saw in the trailer. But again, reserving too much judgement for more info and actual release.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that they explain the gameplay features more in-depth, trying not to isolate people who not familiar with the mechanics. The shit about the pair-up system & archers seems like a really poor choice of words on their part and people are just making a big deal out of nothing because IS throwing shade at newer players makes zero sense from a business perspective.

These trailers put so much emphasis on the visuals, I find it shocking how terrible the CG cut scenes look to be honest. The running looks like speed walking and the movements still look very stiff to me (Celica looks uncomfortable walking from my perspective) . I like the 2D stuff and the combat animations. 

But the reason I have a hard time getting excited for this game is because to me the marketing so feels like its gears toward the crowd that has played Gaiden and for someone like me who has no personal connection to Gaiden... I couldn't care less that they're remaking Gaiden.

8 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

But the reason I have a hard time getting excited for this game is because to me the marketing so feels like its gears toward the crowd that has played Gaiden and for someone like me who has no personal connection to Gaiden... I couldn't care less that they're remaking Gaiden.

i'm not sure where you're getting that from considering this entire video was very clearly meant to introduce the game's story and mechanics to those who have never played or even heard of it

1 minute ago, unique said:

i'm not sure where you're getting that from considering this entire video was very clearly meant to introduce the game's story and mechanics to those who have never played or even heard of it

Everything else they've released before now that have soured my first impressions of this game and the comment section. I'll wait until let's play footage to decide if I'll get it or not (a let's play of Fates was got me interested in series in the first place).

21 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

Everything else they've released before now that have soured my first impressions of this game and the comment section. I'll wait until let's play footage to decide if I'll get it or not (a let's play of Fates was got me interested in series in the first place).

What do you mean by this, if you don't mind me asking? Are you just turned off of the Gaiden-specific mechanics...? Or is it something else?

38 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

Well . . . yeah, to an extent, considering it's a remake of the game with a few new bells and whistles. But they're showing they're trying to avoid isolating the people that haven't played Gaiden through the video explaining the specific mechanics (and I'm one of them, by the way; I have no personal connection to it either). I never knew anything about Gaiden save for the simplest description of the plot, but considering how much care they seem to be putting in remaking it (full animated cutscenes, full voice acting, expanding the story, etc.), I'm pretty excited about it.

Edited by Extrasolar

17 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

What do you mean by this, if you don't mind me asking? Are you just turned off of the Gaiden-specific mechanics...? Or is it something else?

Before this trailer, a lot of people in the fandom going on about how this game looks the second coming of Christ and I felt that I couldn't form an opinion because of how little context I was given by the marketing. I'm interested in a lot of the mechanics (even magic costing HP I'm warming up to) but it's more the people over reacting to what's not in the game that has annoyed me the most. Overly excited by how it's different from the 3DS game and how it brought the worst in people, some just have to make it a negative experience.

10 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

but it's more the people over reacting to what's not in the game that has annoyed me the most. Overly excited by how it's different from the 3DS game and how it brought the worst in people, some just have to make it a negative experience.

I mean, I've seen people complain about things like no weapon triangle, magic costing HP, lack of axe users, low growth rates, no phoenix mode, and even the possibility of there being no support conversations, etc. I've seen them say that they don't want to or fully intend not to get the game because of those things. And yes, that includes there not being pair up amongst the complaints.

So yeah, I would say overreacting to what's not in the game goes both ways.

Edited by Tryhard

I don't mean to add to the negative feedback, but it's rather annoying that there are people complaining about the way you explore the villages in Echoes.

Could it has been done similarly to the dungeons? Yes. Is the visual novel-style exploration a bit of a buzz kill? Perhaps. Are there reasons for them choosing to to village exploration like they are? Most likely.

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of being able to go into third person mode for Fates' My Castle because it didn't add much to the game aside from being able to see the layout of My Castle in another angle.

That being said, I honestly plan to reserve any final judgement for this game for when it comes out. Judging a game based on trailers and screen shots honestly doesn't do the game justice. Yes, those are what entice people to buy the game, but they're not the only way to judge a game.

On March 21, 2017 at 7:17 PM, FigurativelyDeadBooty said:

Also when Valbar is killed by the sorcerer his item returns to the convoy. Is this new? 

Actually, that's been a thing since Shadow Dragon, though the other games didn't outright state that a defeated unit's items were returned to the convoy.