New Echoes Trailer - Two Armies

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I mean, a dagger is a dagger but the point was the ''golden'' part

Like something who hits hard but only has 5 or 10 uses?

...Weapon durability wasn't in Gaiden. And the Golden Dagger has one might.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Well, gold is not a good metal for a weapon, it is a soft metal. So it makes sense it doesn't make a good weapon, a gold dagger sounds more like something decorational than truly useful in battle...

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Well I hope it doesn't turn into a noob trap then.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Well I hope it doesn't turn into a noob trap then.

It can't, because you start out attacking based on your strength stat alone with generic weapons ("Sword", "Bow", "Lance"-- no descriptor before it), so a boost of one might is better already.

59 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

Did anyone else see those battle sprites for kid Alm and kid Celica at the Mycen vs. Slayde fight? It seems it will be some kind of prologue chapter.

EDIT: As Thane found, the villagers are in there too, I'm attaching the picture for those having a hard time finding them. 

Hide contents

FESoVKids.png.584ba04529861f018287bef730fe5d26.png

I think that map looks more like from a prologue, I see Alm, Celica, and the villagers looked more like they are children in that timeline. But, it looks like we could fight Slayde again since he was only fought in Chapter 1 on Zofia's Castle.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Trailer was good, but I'm slightly disappointed about village exploration apparently being visual-novel based.

I mean, I was already worried when they didn't bother showing villages despite the 3D dungeon exploration.

To be fair, Gaiden's villages were kinda basic, but they could have made them really cool if they wanted to. Oh well.

I did seen the village exploration scene looks more like from Shin Megami Tensei IV that the layout of the villagers appear. But, I still possibly think we could still move around in town like in Dungeons?

1 hour ago, unique said:

i kinda liked the japanese narrator more 

the english one kinda sounds too much like a young person trying to sound old

I'm pretty sure that narrator is most likely Mycen.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

What I find interesting is that this seems to confirm battle saves are out, due to it showing both Classic and Casual mode. I always found locking it to Casual stupid, but the fact they axed it entirely is odd.

If "Mila's Gear" is going to allow you to take back your moves like a lot of people think it is, then that kind of gets rid of the need of battle saves. And if it's going to have limitations to how much you can do that, then battle saves would be a way to work around it (i.e. cheat).

38 minutes ago, osteoperosisisamyth said:

lol can anyone explain this?...does this confirm the support system

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 10.18.28 PM.png

There is a support system, but we're not sure if there are support conversations.

1 hour ago, Vier Mill said:

Well, gold is not a good metal for a weapon, it is a soft metal. So it makes sense it doesn't make a good weapon, a gold dagger sounds more like something decorational than truly useful in battle...

I remember Dragon Quest 8 touching up on this one too - one weapon you could make was a golden axe... Except said axe was weaker than the iron axe you needed to make it.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Looks like Clair is too. Huh. Probably because of Catria.

Aren't Clive and Clair brother and sister, too? I mean, outside of Jugdral, I can only think of like three instances where siblings had different hair colors (Ike and Mist, Chrom and his sisters, the Whitewings).

2 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Oh, that's pretty cool. I like Celica's kid sprite...that little bow is adorable, haha. Reminds me of the openings of Golden Sun and Breath of Fire II, if tiny Alm and tiny Celica are getting into the action...though huh, didn't expect all the kids to be training in what looks like their preteen days, lol.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Golden Sun after looking at that pic.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I remember Dragon Quest 8 touching up on this one too - one weapon you could make was a golden axe... Except said axe was weaker than the iron axe you needed to make it.

Aren't Clive and Clair brother and sister, too? I mean, outside of Jugdral, I can only think of like two instances where siblings had different hair colors (Ike and Mist, Chrom and his sisters).

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Golden Sun after looking at that pic.

There's also Juno having Purple hair while Thea and Shanna had blue (and different shades of blue too), likewise with Florina having Purple to Fiora and Farina's blue (again, different shades of blue), all three Whitewings had different hair colors, Eirika's hair is more blue than Ephraim's, Innes and Tana, the Hoshidan siblings have 2 shades of brown, a redhead and a pink haired girl, an the Nohrians have one purple in the sea of blonde (though they're half siblings to each other).  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

There's a cavalier I don't recognize in Celica's army. Perhaps that is Atlas? Or is it a new character?

EDIT:

CELICA DOES GET A PORTRAIT CHANGE WHEN SHE PROMOTES! I LOVE YOU I.S.!!

Edited by Leif

*glances at subreddit*

Hmm... good... alright... good... pretty nice reactions...

"Ha.
It looks like Shadows of Valentia may redeem 3DS era Fire Emblem
Go ahead, downvote me. I'll eat the downvotes. This news and the jab Nintendo took at 3DS era Fire Emblem pleases me greatly."
(14 points)

"I don't care what you think. I think 3DS era Fire Emblem is overall gutter trash and SoV looks to be so much better. This news and the pot shot they took at 3DS FE has made my day." (11 points)

Well, I guess it was too much to expect everybody to be reasonable.

14 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

There's also Juno having Purple hair while Thea and Shanna had blue (and different shades of blue too), likewise with Florina having Purple to Fiora and Farina's blue (again, different shades of blue), all three Whitewings had different hair colors, Eirika's hair is more blue than Ephraim's, Innes and Tana, the Hoshidan siblings have 2 shades of brown, a redhead and a pink haired girl, an the Nohrians have one purple in the sea of blonde (though they're half siblings to each other).  

FE is really bad at the whole "sibling resemblance" thing, isn't it?

Edited by The DanMan

8 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

FE is really bad at the whole sibling resemblance thing, isn't it?

Well, to be fair, not all siblings have the same hair color, haha.  May hair is quite a few shades darker than my sister's, for instance, and I once knew a pair of sisters where one had bright red hair and the other had more of a light brownish-grey (it's hard to describe it).  

But yeah, just pointing out other instances of sibling hair contrast, don't mind me.

And how could I forget Wendy and Bors in my previous post!  Shame on me.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

19 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Doh >_< Also, there are Felicia and Flora, twins who, respectively, have pink and light blue hair. Also, Takumi's hair counts as a shade of brown? It looks more grayish to me.

26 minutes ago, Leif said:

There's a cavalier I don't recognize in Celica's army. Perhaps that is Atlas? Or is it a new character?

EDIT:

I expected a new Cavalier for Celica and it doesn't look like Atlas with the darker (non-red) hair.

It's only going to be for Celica and Alm, as it was in the original. Most likely, anyway

11 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Doh >_< Also, there are Felicia and Flora, twins who, respectively, have pink and light blue hair. Also, Takumi's hair counts as a shade of brown? It looks more grayish to me.

I always thought of it as brown, at least.  I suppose it is a bit ambiguous, though.

Oh, also Micaiah and Sanaki.  I can't believe we missed them.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

39 minutes ago, Leif said:

EDIT:

Where does this unit show up?

57 minutes ago, Leif said:

EDIT:

Where does the new portrait appear to compare to the old one? Though it makes sense, the original game made her change portraits too when she promoted. I don't see why would they remove it.