New Echoes Trailer - Two Armies

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

What I find interesting is that this seems to confirm battle saves are out, due to it showing both Classic and Casual mode. I always found locking it to Casual stupid, but the fact they axed it entirely is odd.

I mean, Gaiden is almost entirely Skirmishes. Battle Saves don't really have much place when almost every map (save a few, usually the last of each chapter and sometimes one in the middle) should be over fairly quickly.

I'd be more upset about village exploration being semi-cut, but it's probably not that big of a deal and we got a few minor confirmations I do like out of the deal (pair-up being cut, Celica's second portrait being retained), so all is still well.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My excitement for this game has so gone up lol. I did like the tiny jab at the other 3ds titles, though personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with paired units and I like those games as much as I liked the other FE titles, cause I love all FE games the same...other the FE7....anyways...

Yay! Can't wait till May!

Not big on village exploration. I would of rathered a 3d exploration rather than a Visual Novel style set up. Not a big deal, but not so excited about towns anymore after that reveal.

Also didnt really like the little jab at Pair Up. While it was done in humor, it really isnt helping the community much. There are some pretty toxic people over on the Reddit losing their shit because "We are returning back to the glory days and all the weebs need to gtfo". Not IS/Nintendo's fault, but definitely isnt helping the community much. Echoes is just going to make the divide even larger. Then again, just about anything released for FE is going to make it larger.

That and the narrator was trying WAY too hard. Can we just get Tellius's narrator back?

3 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

GEEZ bows were already viable weapons, now they're making them better?!

R.I.P. Pegasus Knights.

To be fair, Gaiden bows had awful accuracy, and the default bow dealt no extra damage to fliers. And I can't remember if enemies ever had different bows than the default one at all.

4 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

GEEZ bows were already viable weapons, now they're making them better?!

R.I.P. Pegasus Knights.

Don't worry. Falcon Knights are absurdly broken, and most potential archers aren't even that good. (If nothing changes: Leo is pretty much trash, Python will never double, and the only villager who can do it well is better off as a Mage.)

2 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

And I can't remember if enemies ever had different bows than the default one at all.

There were a few but they're very rare. In any case that second thing seems to be true here as well, seeing as the generic archer from the 2/15 Famitsu didn't have "Anti-Fliers" as a skill.

I don't know why but I find the narrator strangely hilarious. MODERN WARFARE LIKE PAIR UP AND PREDICTABLE ARCHERS HAVE NO PLACE HERE! Like calm down bud.

I also find it really funny how the narrator saying Celicas past is a mystery... after saying she's a hidden princess literally two seconds earlier. Not that much a mystery now, is it? (to be fair it wasn't even in Gaiden's skeleton script either).

The animations look fiiiiiiine.

Saber leaning on his sword? Badass.

Alm and Kamui sheathing their blades? Cool.

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

God I hope the jab at the 3DS Emblems was a conscious choice on IS' part, and not just something NoA threw in there. 

Well, it's a regional trailer-- don't see why IS would have any real control over it.

What I do know is a certain former user here is having a field day on the subreddit and a new user's continued their legacy of over-reactive shitposting on Gamefaqs. So yeah, I'd kinda prefer they hadn't phrased things like that.

50 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I mean, Gaiden is almost entirely Skirmishes. Battle Saves don't really have much place when almost every map (save a few, usually the last of each chapter and sometimes one in the middle) should be over fairly quickly.

I'd be more upset about village exploration being semi-cut, but it's probably not that big of a deal and we got a few minor confirmations I do like out of the deal (pair-up being cut, Celica's second portrait being retained), so all is still well.

I was about to say something about how battle saves didn't really have to do with the length of the map, but more of an insurance for when the RNG screws you over with that 4% crit chance and you otherwise have to redo it all. But from what we've heard of Mila's Gear it seems to pretty much cover this function of it anyway so I can live without battle saves in that case.

As for village exploration, are we sure it is all cut? It reminds me of the NPC interaction in Shin Megami Tensei 4 where you still had towns to run around in, but rooms were this type of VN thing where you could just talk to people/heal whatever. It might be a mix of both here too.

4 hours ago, Vier Mill said:

Did anyone else see those battle sprites for kid Alm and kid Celica at the Mycen vs. Slayde fight? It seems it will be some kind of prologue chapter.

EDIT: As Thane found, the villagers are in there too, I'm attaching the picture for those having a hard time finding them. 

Hide contents

FESoVKids.png.584ba04529861f018287bef730fe5d26.png

Maybe this is the "incident" that caused Celica to be sent to Novis

14 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Well, it's a regional trailer-- don't see why IS would have any real control over it.

What I do know is a certain former user here is having a field day on the subreddit and a new user's continued their legacy of over-reactive shitposting on Gamefaqs. So yeah, I'd kinda prefer they hadn't phrased things like that.

IS gives Nintendo the footage, and background info on the mechanics, storylines, and changes being made. So yeah, it was probably NoA that picked that line, but I'm guessing IS told them something along the lines of "Most newer mechanics, especially from Awakening and Fates, aren't going to be in the game." I guess it just depends on whether IS really wanted that clear in the marketing or not. 

31 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

I don't know why but I find the narrator strangely hilarious. MODERN WARFARE LIKE PAIR UP AND PREDICTABLE ARCHERS HAVE NO PLACE HERE! Like calm down bud.

I also find it really funny how the narrator saying Celicas past is a mystery... after saying she's a hidden princess literally two seconds earlier. Not that much a mystery now, is it? (to be fair it wasn't even in Gaiden's skeleton script either).

I think the mystery is more "why did a princess grow up with a farm boy, and why is she now living as a priestess?"

34 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

What I do know is a certain former user here is having a field day on the subreddit 

They're still here.

I mean yeah, that jab was pretty obvious, but I'd take it as a piss about and not much more that that.

What, more hype you say? I'm already full of hype, but if you insist!

Judging from the footage, we'll be able to control both armies at the same time, which makes me wonder if they'll just combine chapters 1 and 2 into one longer chapter.

7 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

What, more hype you say? I'm already full of hype, but if you insist!

Judging from the footage, we'll be able to control both armies at the same time, which makes me wonder if they'll just combine chapters 1 and 2 into one longer chapter.

But you were able to control both armies at the same time in the original also.

Anyways, overall I'm really happy with the trailer, but we all ready kind of knew a lot of this. Though I am happy to see what seems to be a prologue with all them kids child units confirmed and Mycen looks badass af.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Also didnt really like the little jab at Pair Up. While it was done in humor, it really isnt helping the community much. There are some pretty toxic people over on the Reddit losing their shit because "We are returning back to the glory days and all the weebs need to gtfo". Not IS/Nintendo's fault, but definitely isnt helping the community much. Echoes is just going to make the divide even larger. Then again, just about anything released for FE is going to make it larger.

Why do you take anything from Reddit seriously to begin with?

Just now, Azz said:

Anyways, overall I'm really happy with the trailer, but we all ready kind of knew a lot of this. Though I am happy to see what seems to be a prologue with all them kids child units confirmed and Mycen looks badass af.

That's my mistake, then. I'll admit I never got that far in my own Gaiden playthrough.

43 minutes ago, FallenVanguard said:

I think the mystery is more "why did a princess grow up with a farm boy, and why is she now living as a priestess?"

Fair enough. The way it was worded in the trailer still makes it sound like narration guy answered his own question though.

30 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Why do you take anything from Reddit seriously to begin with?

Not that I take it seriously, its just a matter of the community's problem. It isnt an issue in places like Serenes, most of us are pretty chill and welcoming here, but Reddit and the rest of the FE community? I tend to ignore it personally. My point was more over the idea that Echoes could possibly "mend" the divide, and how it clearly wont.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Who is the former user you are talking about?

44 minutes ago, Azz said:

I was under the impression the user was talking about Chapters 1-2, where you couldn't. Though you could in Chapters 3-4, yeah, which was the longer half of the game.

1 minute ago, Iridium said:

I was under the impression the user was talking about Chapters 1-2, where you couldn't. Though you could in Chapters 3-4, yeah, which was the longer half of the game.

Oh if that was the case, then I apologies. I taught they were referring to Chapter 3 and 4 since I have seen a lot of people think that there was some kind of route split/choice between Alm and Celica's route and that you have to play one then the other.

Again apologies to @AzureSen