Male dancer?

Ewwgene

It is my dream to have a team of Ikemen. So I really wish there is a belly dancing hot guy as I need a dancer in my team.  No homo though. 

Which characters do you think has the potential to meet the criteria? I mean Lucius being a priest was a little unexpected so.. Who knows man. 

What if Lewyn has a dance option along with using Forseti? He technically is a bard right? Although the idea of it sounds pretty darn broken.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm going to flip the fuck out if Lewyn turns out to be a bard bard.

I meant like have the ability to dance alongside attack.

Reyson I doubt is going to be in Heroes because of his laguz mechanics. The way he works with his transformation would for one be pretty broken, and two, I highly doubt IS is planning on adding in the system laguz used for transforming. Why? because leaving transformations to offensive units simply transforming attack is simpler and far more fitting for Heroes' mechanics.

Edited by CatManThree

42 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

Reyson I doubt is going to be in Heroes because of his laguz mechanics. The way he works with his transformation would for one be pretty broken, and two, I highly doubt IS is planning on adding in the system laguz used for transforming. Why? because leaving transformations to offensive units simply transforming attack is simpler and far more fitting for Heroes' mechanics.

There's no reason they can't make Laguz transformations simply in-battle transformations instead of out-of-battle transformations.

For example, transformation for dragons in FE3 worked similarly to Laguz transformation in FE10 except with limited item usage instead of filling up a gauge. Essentially, you had no gauge to fill up, but had 18-use Laguz Stones.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Heroes decides to do with Laguz exactly what they did with dragons, either re-using the breath weapon type (which they will almost certainly do with dragon Laguz anyways) or creating a new weapon category.

52 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

I don't see why they can't do the laguz mechanics like they've done the manakete mechanics, just to make it more streamlined for the game. I doubt they'll leave the laguz out altogether. I'll be a bit annoyed if they do, since Nailah is my favourite female character overall, and I adore several of the other laguz...

Edit: Ninja'd for this point.

Could they make Homer into an actual bard? He didn't have the ability in Thracia, but his class is Bard so maybe he'll get some sort of dance or sing ability. If not, Nils, Elphin and maybe the two male herons are the only bets.

Edited by Cute Chao

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I'm going to flip the fuck out if Lewyn turns out to be a bard bard.

Otherwise, Elffin, Nils, Reyson, and Rafiel.

I really doubt about Inigo.

Did they seriously translate it as Elffin?

2 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Did they seriously translate it as Elffin?

That's what he was listed as in the grand poll, and that's what I'm going with until he's in the game.

There's still a small sliver of hope for Inigo to be a dancer if they add in his Awakening counterpart later with the other future children.

Otherwise though I'm mostly hoping for the laguz to be added, as Reyson would most definitely be a dancer/singer unit.

They do need characters to have an associated weapon type, which would be a problem for Elfin and the herons and would mean Nils could only get in a a second "dancer dragon". Homer as a magic-using bard would be really cool, though. If they can give Ninian dragon abilities even though she never had the option to turn into a dragon ingame, they should be able to give Homer bard abilities. Lewyn could technically also fit the bill, but I'd rather him be focused on magic and wrecking things with Forseti like in FE4.

Elphin is a choice, he's a bard anyways. But then again, he looks too calm for the job. Nils could be a male dancer. He does around when playing his flute. Homer...nah, he doesn't look like a bard even though he is one. I dunno about any other bard so....

1 hour ago, CatManThree said:

What if Lewyn has a dance option along with using Forseti? He technically is a bard right? Although the idea of it sounds pretty darn broken.

please no. I don't want Lewyn to look not cool by dancing like Sylvia. Singing is fine though.

8 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Elphin is a choice, he's a bard anyways. But then again, he looks too calm for the job. Nils could be a male dancer. He does around when playing his flute. Homer...nah, he doesn't look like a bard even though he is one. I dunno about any other bard so....

please no. I don't want Lewyn to look not cool by dancing like Sylvia. Singing is fine though.

If I remember, Elphin's animation is strumming a harp and he looks pretty dignified. Lewyn is a flute player, though, (I think?) so he would likely dance around a little like Nils does. But I don't think they look silly doing it :)

I just want Homer dancing. He's perfect for it ^.^

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

If I remember, Elphin's animation is strumming a harp and he looks pretty dignified. Lewyn is a flute player, though, (I think?) so he would likely dance around a little like Nils does. But I don't think they look silly doing it :)

I just want Homer dancing. He's perfect for it ^.^

Eh, I dunno, I just think Lewyn dancing around doesn't really suit his personality. As for Nils though, it works, and I actually kinda like it.

I guess Homer can be the dancing type? I mean, he is after the ladies anyways, so I imagine he would sing and dance for them.

Just now, Flee Fleet! said:

Eh, I dunno, I just think Lewyn dancing around doesn't really suit his personality. As for Nils though, it works, and I actually kinda like it.

I guess Homer can be the dancing type? I mean, he is after the ladies anyways, so I imagine he would sing and dance for them.

That's true. He's probably suit more Elphin's more... I'm so not going to get used to Elffin... >.<

I reckon so. I hope they do this. Though I secretly hope they will do Inigo, too. It'd be nice to have some male dancers for once. I prefer to use attractive men, myself, so I'm lacking there :(

17 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

That's true. He's probably suit more Elphin's more... I'm so not going to get used to Elffin... >.<

I reckon so. I hope they do this. Though I secretly hope they will do Inigo, too. It'd be nice to have some male dancers for once. I prefer to use attractive men, myself, so I'm lacking there :(

Yup.

Wait, I thought Inigo did have the second ability of dancing? I do recall reading supports or something where he mentions he secretly practices dancing. Well, if I'm wrong, then I guess Ingio should be a dancer then as well, or at least have it as a secondary ability.

3 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Yup.

Wait, I thought Inigo did have the second ability of dancing? I do recall reading supports or something where he mentions he secretly practices dancing. Well, if I'm wrong, then I guess Ingio should be a dancer then as well, or at least have it as a secondary ability.

It's in the supports with him but he didn't actually become a dancer in the game (I still think he should have been, with restrictions on who you could then field out of him and his mother). It would have been cool to see, and feels like it would have broken some boundaries. I'm glad they made Subaki as a male Pegasus rider, so hopefully we can finally get a male dancer :D

...Then again, if they made Inigo a dancer, then there's arguments that Shigure should be a singer... and then you get a singing Pegasus rider xD

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

...Then again, if they made Inigo a dancer, then there's arguments that Shigure should be a singer... and then you get a singing Pegasus rider xD

I see no problem with this.

To me Lewyn makes the most sense for a male dance/singer, since he's got his signature tome as well on top of that. I'm curious to see how that might be balanced.

Regarding laguz, I'm pretty sure they'll be treated like the manaketes are in this game. The question then is whether they'll give them color-based fang/claw weapons, similar to what the dragons have, or breach the untapped potential of 1-range physical grey units haha. For instance, if all laguz use a grey 'claw' and/or 'fang' weapon type with bird laguz being treated as fliers and beasts as regular infantry. 

49 minutes ago, geozeldadude said:

nils seems like the most obvious addition, although i'd hope they'd differentiate him from ninian more in this game than in their orig. game.

To be completely fair to FE7, they had every reason to have Nils and Ninian not be different from each other in-game because they were the exact same unit tag-teaming in and out when the other was unusable.

Heroes doesn't have that restriction, so they are completely free to (and if the dev team is doing things correctly, should) make the two different from each other. Since Ninian has Fortify Dragons, for example, it makes sense for Nils to have Hone Dragons.