Pokemon: Fire Emblem Edition!!!![WIP]

Armaada J

Thanks for the tips. I have an idea of which archetypes I want but the issue is that I'm not sure how to balance the representation of the different games. I may post another survey for that later.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moves:

Iron/Steel/Silver (weapon): Increasingly stronger attacks. Iron has the most PP, Steel has only slightly less but has "weight" (a slight priority decrease) and "hit" (lower accuracy), Silver has no weight penalty or accuracy problem but has the least PP.

Killer (weapon): Least attack of all the "weapon" skills, but has a higher crit rate.

Abilities:

Vengeance: Attack/Magic is passively increased proportional to the HP lost (If a Einherjar has 100 Max HP, and is currently at 50, their Attack/Magic is multiplied by 150%).

I replied on the reddit thread you posted onto /r/Fire Emblem, but I'll reiterate here.

I honestly think that the starters should have at least one magic user, like how Pokemon starters tend to have a special focused one (Popplio, Fennekin, Snivy, etc). Another thing is, which weapon triangles are you going to have? FE8? Heroes? Something weird?

7 minutes ago, Donnell said:

I think the Gotoh archetype could be the Legendary '' Pokemon '' ( Athos is called '' Living Legend '' ,so ) 

I had the same thought.

30 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:

I replied on the reddit thread you posted onto /r/Fire Emblem, but I'll reiterate here.

I honestly think that the starters should have at least one magic user, like how Pokemon starters tend to have a special focused one (Popplio, Fennekin, Snivy, etc). Another thing is, which weapon triangles are you going to have? FE8? Heroes? Something weird?

The only problem with that is that the starters always form their own rock paper scissors triangle (fire->grass->water->fire) so the best way to reflect that with FE is to use the weapon triangle. Also I'm currently working on a few ideas for the triangle, but it wouldn't be exactly like any of the existing games, since it has to fit with pokemon. I'll post the first draft of my type chart soon enough so that people can give me tips/feedback. 

Also FYI since this is a Gen III hack there is no physical/special split with moves. Each type is either special or physical.

Damn, so I can't put Ignis as a skill?

Abilities:

Armored Blow: If you act before the enemy, you get a +30 Defense buff

Warding Blow: +30 Resistance

Duelist's Blow: -20 to enemy accuracy

Certain Blow: +20 to accuracy

Death Blow: +15 to crit rate

30 minutes ago, halvey said:

What is your idea for Team Rocket? Like, are you planning on using characters like Nergal, Leon, Ashnard, and Garon?

I do want to incorporate characters as NPCs. Right now my thought is to use Nergal and have Team Rocket be re-skinned as the Black Fang. But that may change.

36 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Damn, so I can't put Ignis as a skill?

Abilities:

Armored Blow: If you act before the enemy, you get a +30 Defense buff

Warding Blow: +30 Resistance

Duelist's Blow: -20 to enemy accuracy

Certain Blow: +20 to accuracy

Death Blow: +15 to crit rate

What I said about move effects earlier may also apply to abilities :/ 

I do appreciate the enthusiasm though, and you can be sure that if any of these ideas are possible that I'll try to make them work. I really appreciate the input.

11 hours ago, Forged Thoron said:

It has been determined that the starters will be Marth, Ephraim, and Hector!!!!

What will be they  Evolution Tree ? Marth don't have a Promotion 

3 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Are you going to have FE stats or Pokemon stats?

I'll be using Pokemon stats since I can mostly match them up to FE stats.

1 hour ago, Donnell said:

What will be they  Evolution Tree ? Marth don't have a Promotion 

They'll each promote twice. For Marth, I'm thinking that his different classes can be based on his appearances in different games. So he may go FE11 Lord -> FE12 Lord -> Lodestar. Does that sound like it makes sense?

1 hour ago, Forged Thoron said:

They'll each promote twice. For Marth, I'm thinking that his different classes can be based on his appearances in different games. So he may go FE11 Lord -> FE12 Lord -> Lodestar. Does that sound like it makes sense?

Makes sense , FE11 Lord can be renamed '' Prince '' ,Hector may go to Axe Knight or Lord ----------- > Lord or Great Lord --------- > Great Lord or General ,and Ephraim can be a Soldier or Lord -------- > Great Lord or Lord  ------- > Conqueror or Great Lord 

1 hour ago, Forged Thoron said:

Makes sense , FE11 Lord Marth could be named '' Prince '' ,and Hector and Ephraim can be '' Axe Knight '' and a Soldier in they First Tier 

I've got an idea for the first gym.

It could be based on either Macedon or just Pegasus knights in general. The gym trainers would use first Est then the second would use Catria and the gym leader would use Palla and for her ace Minerva. If you want it less Macedon focused, you could throw in some one like Sumia or Florina as well.

I'm going to point EVERYONE to the Code of Conduct, right now, because I'm busy with other stuff and don't really feel like handing out a bunch of warnings.

Don't double-post, unless there's a major update (new screenshots/patch), and a significant amount of time has passed.  Two hours is not a significant amount of time.  Use the little plus sign next to the Quote button for Multiquote.

1 hour ago, AFI said:

I've got an idea for the first gym.

It could be based on either Macedon or just Pegasus knights in general. The gym trainers would use first Est then the second would use Catria and the gym leader would use Palla and for her ace Minerva. If you want it less Macedon focused, you could throw in some one like Sumia or Florina as well.

The gyms will either be Weapon-based (Axe, Sword, etc) or game based (Judgral gym, Elibe gym, etc). I haven't decided on which one yet, but if I go with the latter your idea may work. 

1 minute ago, Kabby said:

You do realize that the battle engines for both FireRed and Emerald have been updated to the Gen VI (and possibly VII) mechanics, moves, abilities, formulae and so on...?

I actually didn't know that. I should look more into how to do that; I hadn't realized it was possible.

So I assume Bow and Wind -> Pegasus and Wyvern?

How will stuff like Armorslayers work? A Sword move that forces a weakness against Armor types?

15 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

So I assume Bow and Wind -> Pegasus and Wyvern?

How will stuff like Armorslayers work? A Sword move that forces a weakness against Armor types?

Yes to Bow ->Pegasus and Wyvern. I haven't decided yet if I'll do the full Trinity of Magic or just have Magic as one type. 

As for Armorslayers, that is one thing I considered. The thing is that for more specific things, I would have to go into hex editing rather than using the tools that exist. What I considered doing is have Knights and their class tree have low Sp.Def (which I plan on having stand in for Res) and then have Armorslayers do damage based on Sp.Def instead of Def. 

Then what about Horseslayers and Wyrmslayers? Same deals?

Also:

Rapier: A move learned early by Marth. Has both Horse and Armor effectiveness.

Wolf Beil: Hector's Rapier equivalent.

Reginleif: Ephraim's Rapier equivalent.

Falchion: Marth's best ability. Weak, compared to the other ultimate moves, but more accurate, and effective against Dragons.

Armands: Hector's strongest ability. Crazy strong, but a bit inaccurate. Also Dragon-effective. Buffs Defense after use.

Seigmund: Ephraim's strongest ability. The in-between: stronger than Falchion but not as accurate, more accurate than Armands but not as strong. Buffs Attack after use.

9 minutes ago, Forged Thoron said:

Hey everyone I'm posting another survey! This one is more general and deals with a few things I want to add. https://goo.gl/forms/SYpgGswjkz3GMG8b2

Oh, cool. Thanks.

As for my votes:

Mozu

Donnel

Split it

Yes

Yes