*SPOILERS* Think they'll change...

Duma and Mila are divine dragons. I don't see them changing its name.
Heck, the most recent design of Tyrfing (in Seliph's Heroes art) looks exactly like the FE3 Falchion design.

Just now, KazeNinja17 said:

Tbh, it kind of just seems like Falchion is a catch-all term for the legendary swords that can slay dragons in the Archanea games.

Yeah, pretty much this, I think.  I mean, the word itself is a generic term for a certain kind of sword to begin with, rather than any sort of special unique weapon in the first place.

As cool as it would be to give Alm a special sword if only to mark him as less of a "sidestory lord," I don't see them changing it at this stage. But of course, I could be wrong. They're adding a bunch more stuff to the plot, after all.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Yeah, pretty much this, I think.  I mean, the word itself is a generic term for a certain kind of sword to begin with, rather than any sort of special unique weapon in the first place.

As cool as it would be to give Alm a special sword if only to mark him as less of a "sidestory lord," I don't see them changing it at this stage. But of course, I could be wrong. They're adding a bunch more stuff to the plot, after all.

Yeah. Especially since isn't the traditional falchion more of a saber than a sword?

Either way, I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't give Alm his personal special sword.

Part of me thinks it may remain Falchion in Japan, but may get renamed in localization.

I don't know, maybe since in Japan the game's subtitle is "Another Hero-King", referring to Alm...

I can't help but feel like they'll keep Alm's ultimate weapon as "Falchion". I mean, the Fire Emblem anniversary books likely referred to Alm's ultimate weapon as "Falchion", and I don't think they'll go back on it and change it when they likely published that in the book just 2 years ago.

I hope they don't change one of Doma's weapons. It's going to be really interesting to see what the fandom comes up with when Doma uses tentacles.

9 hours ago, KazeNinja17 said:

Yeah. Especially since isn't the traditional falchion more of a saber than a sword?

Either way, I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't give Alm his personal special sword.

Clearly the answer is for them to replace the Falchion with Saber in that case. Just add him to Alm's weapon select screen.

13 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Heck, the most recent design of Tyrfing (in Seliph's Heroes art) looks exactly like the FE3 Falchion design.

They are ? I thought they were just gods ?
Damn, I'm not sure if it's an evolution for Duma or not.

14 hours ago, Commander Xelon said:

I hope they don't change one of Doma's weapons. It's going to be really interesting to see what the fandom comes up with when Doma uses tentacles.

I don't think it will amount to anything more than "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going"

7 hours ago, B.Leu said:

They are ? I thought they were just gods ?
Damn, I'm not sure if it's an evolution for Duma or not.

Heh, just gods, you say it like it's anything less.

21 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Thats not confirmed at all. Also Mila's title is Earth goddess.

12 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Thats not confirmed at all. Also Mila's title is Earth goddess.

Have you watched the trailers? Two gigantic dragons - one red, one green - on either side when they're talking about the ancient conflict between Mila and Duma. Not to mention, Duma's sprite at the end of Gaiden being a gigantic, slimy dragon.

So I think they are meant to be dragons... Though due to his coloring, I'm not sure if Duma's meant to be a Fire Dragon or not. Could just be stylistic coloring, since Rigel is associated with red and Zofia with green, but for what it's worth, the Duma dragon breathes fire while the Mila one breathes a misty-looking breath,

hqdefault.jpg

47 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Heh, just gods, you say it like it's anything less.

For once, I meant it in a different way, one that says 'I though they were gods, not those ones of those dragons that are everywhere'. :p

7 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Have you watched the trailers? Two gigantic dragons - one red, one green - on either side when they're talking about the ancient conflict between Mila and Duma. Not to mention, Duma's sprite at the end of Gaiden being a gigantic, slimy dragon.

So I think they are meant to be dragons... Though due to his coloring, I'm not sure if Duma's meant to be a Fire Dragon or not. Could just be stylistic coloring, since Rigel is associated with red and Zofia with green, but for what it's worth, the Duma dragon breathes fire while the Mila one breathes a misty-looking breath,

hqdefault.jpg

They're dragons ? They looks more like humanoid thing to me, and it seems like they are more... covering is fire/water.

Duma's sprite in Gaiden honestly looked just like a mass of a... green... thing to me, not a dragon.

33 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

hqdefault.jpg

I don't see why Duma and Mila would be different tribes, since they're siblings, and what tribe you're in seems to be hereditary in Marthland given Tiki, a Divine Dragon, is the daughter of a Divine Dragon.

2 hours ago, B.Leu said:

They're dragons ? They looks more like humanoid thing to me, and it seems like they are more... covering is fire/water.

Uh. I don't know. They're pretty clearly long-necked, reptillian creatures with large, sharp-toothed mouths, breathing fire in one case and the Divine Dragon misty breath in another case... It's pretty much screaming dragon. I can't see anything humanoid about them when we first see them (and the trailer focuses on the dragons in particular when Mila and Duma are being mentioned), though we do see them in humanoid form later on in the mural. Since all the Valentia stuff happens concurrently with Archanea, I assume that Manaketes on Valentia would have to take their humanoid forms to avoid degeneration there just like in Archanea.

They're surrounded by much smaller, humanoid figures meant to be soldiers, but they're pretty clearly dragons themselves the first we see of them.

Here's that part of the trailer underneath the spoiler, will start automatically there.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I don't see why Duma and Mila would be different tribes, since they're siblings, and what tribe you're in seems to be hereditary in Marthland given Tiki, a Divine Dragon, is the daughter of a Divine Dragon.

Maybe... But I don't think the huge design differences between the dragons and the fire versus mist breath would just be a coincidence. Seems like they're trying to tell us something. Maybe different dragon tribes are capable of breeding with one another, like the Tellius dragons are. (Ena being part white dragon, part red dragon, for one)

Not to mention, we've seen that non-divine dragons are capable of godlike power as well (Salamander being a Fire Dragon and bestowing Valflame in Jugdral), so him being non-divine wouldn't be much of a stretch as far as power wise.

2 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Duma's sprite in Gaiden honestly looked just like a mass of a... green... thing to me, not a dragon.

Yeah, until you see it in motion, it doesn't look like much of anything. But once you see it animated, you can see the one-eyed dragon silhouette pretty clearly.

Check it out beneath the spoiler (video automatically starts at the animation, animation ends at about 0:41).

Spoiler

Edited by Extrasolar

Even though I know they're most likely dragon gods, I kind of wish that Mila and Duma would be mistakenly interpreted as dragon gods by people and that they were more humanoid like Ashera from Tellius.

1 hour ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

It would be interesting to see what the falchion looks like because by now, Alm has his signature "Alm's Blade".

There is an image of it in a few of the trailers based on the Falchion shown in the Gaiden opening. Maybe the sword Alm has, "Alm's Blade", will be the Regal Sword in Echoes?

2 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Uh. I don't know. They're pretty clearly long-necked, reptillian creatures with large, sharp-toothed mouths, breathing fire in one case and the Divine Dragon misty breath in another case... It's pretty much screaming dragon. I can't see anything humanoid about them when we first see them (and the trailer focuses on the dragons in particular when Mila and Duma are being mentioned), though we do see them in humanoid form later on in the mural. Since all the Valentia stuff happens concurrently with Archanea, I assume that Manaketes on Valentia would have to take their humanoid forms to avoid degeneration there just like in Archanea.

They're surrounded by much smaller, humanoid figures meant to be soldiers, but they're pretty clearly dragons themselves the first we see of them.

Here's that part of the trailer underneath the spoiler, will start automatically there.

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe... But I don't think the huge design differences between the dragons and the fire versus mist breath would just be a coincidence. Seems like they're trying to tell us something. Maybe different dragon tribes are capable of breeding with one another, like the Tellius dragons are. (Ena being part white dragon, part red dragon, for one)

Not to mention, we've seen that non-divine dragons are capable of godlike power as well (Salamander being a Fire Dragon and bestowing Valflame in Jugdral), so him being non-divine wouldn't be much of a stretch as far as power wise.

Yeah, until you see it in motion, it doesn't look like much of anything. But once you see it animated, you can see the one-eyed dragon silhouette pretty clearly.

Check it out beneath the spoiler (video automatically starts at the animation, animation ends at about 0:41).

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, indeed, I just took a closer look at it better. They do seem like dragons. It actually took me quite some time before actualy seeing the long neck. I still have a hard time with the red dragon thought

And yeah, Duma looks likes a dragon, I dunno why but unit now, I always seen him as an insectoid zombie thing, yet, he is clearly draconic.

Thank you for taking your time to clarify things for me !

Edited by B.Leu

2 hours ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

It would be interesting to see what the falchion looks like because by now, Alm has his signature "Alm's Blade".

Couple seconds into this vid Rudolf is walking in with what I presume to be the Falchion. That's probably when he seals Mila.

I wanna see Alm swing that thing. Destroy Duma!

2 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Thank you for taking your time to clarify things for me !

You're very welcome. No worries - until I saw Duma's sprite animated, I thought he was just some random blob of slime. It helps that what I always thought was a long, skinny nose seems to actually be the silhouette of a batlike wing. But yeah, once it moves it's unmistakable.