AOE skills

Corrobin

Which of the Group Attack skills's range do you like the best?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which skill?

• Rising/Glowing/Blazing Flame
    • Rising/Glowing/Blazing Wind
    • Rising/Glowing/Blazing Light
    • Rising/Glowing/Blazing Thunder

Which of the three area-hitting skills do you like the best in terms of range of effect?

Edited by Corrobin

Just now, salinea said:

Thunder. It's the only one on characters I use who are good enough to see from times to times and be useful.

Wind might be good if Merric wasn't so crap (tbf mine is -Att).

Skill inheritance is a thing.

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Do you happen to have a picture of what the hitbox for all of these look like?

Each of the skills' pages on the wiki has a picture.

http://feheroes.wiki/Growing_Flame

http://feheroes.wiki/Growing_Light

http://feheroes.wiki/Growing_Thunder

http://feheroes.wiki/Growing_Wind

For Growing vs Blazing, it varies. Flame and Thunder will want Growing while Wind and Light will prefer Blazing.

As for different elements...

1. Wind is the superior option as enemies tend to clump together. (Blazing Wind, the most useful AoE skill, is currently only available from Hinoka. Given the the fact she is a good unit, has a Brave Weapon, is 5* only, and also has Hone Fliers, she is a bit difficult to get a hold of...)
2. I would say Light would be in second place because of melee utility. Attack with a melee unit that procs Light, and the AoE effect will also hit units adjacent to your melee unit (save for directly behind it.) Ranged units also technically benefit from Light, but it looks cooler when a melee unit does it.

3. Flame and Thunder share third place because they are situational. Sometimes you will want to attack vertically and other times you will want to attack horizontally. Flame is currently the easiest AoE skill to get since Jeorge (Blazing) and Lilina (Growing) can show up as a 4* unit.

Also, here is another chart showing the patterns. This also showcases the "Basic" patterns instead of the "Extended" (Growing) ones.

Edited by Sire

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It didn't when I did my post on the subject in the FAQ thread. Oh well, that's nice to have.

As a Merric user, I can't tell you how useful Growing Wind is since it punishes enemies that clump together and helps deal with Vengeance users. By the time the actual battle phase happens, the Vengeance/Retribution user is usually too low in health for the skill to proc.

That said, I had the fortunate (?) luck of summoning a duplicate 5 star Merric who doesn't have good boon/banes so I was actually thinking of inheriting Growing Wind to other people. I'm guessing someone with high speed, theoretically what characters would Growing Wind be useful on? 

Maybe fast glass cannons like Tharja/Nino? Or maybe dagger users for even further support to stack with the stat debuffs in case they don't kill?

Is it actually worth inheriting AoE skills? Maybe I should just sacrifice him to +1 my other Merric.

Something two interesting things in the arena today related to the AE skills.  I'm actually able to one turn Hector with Reinhardt when his AE Blazing Thunder is charged (since it ignores everything).  So if you can double two people and bait one hit with a brave user you can actually kill a counter color (which is pretty nasty).

Likewise I noticed that if you have a high speed brave like Klein or Olwen.  You can quad hit slower units.  If you do this on a ranged and eat a hit in the process, then your blazing will be available the next turn.  Likewise if you do this and eat one hit... if you have a (4 turn) skill it will activate on the last hit... sexy!

6 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Something two interesting things in the arena today related to the AE skills.  I'm actually able to one turn Hector with Reinhardt when his AE Blazing Thunder is charged (since it ignores everything).  So if you can double two people and bait one hit with a brave user you can actually kill a counter color (which is pretty nasty).

Likewise I noticed that if you have a high speed brave like Klein or Olwen.  You can quad hit slower units.  If you do this on a ranged and eat a hit in the process, then your blazing will be available the next turn.  Likewise if you do this and eat one hit... if you have a (4 turn) skill it will activate on the last hit... sexy!

A tank with Quick Riposte works, too. Eat two attacks on enemy phase, and as long as you don't one-hit kill both of them, you'll have the skill fully charged.

Eldigan with Mystletainn means you don't even need Quick Riposte. As long as you can counterattack, two enemies attacking you will fully charge his Growing Light.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A tank with Quick Riposte works, too. Eat two attacks on enemy phase, and as long as you don't one-hit kill both of them, you'll have the skill fully charged.

Eldigan with Mystletainn means you don't even need Quick Riposte. As long as you can counterattack, two enemies attacking you will fully charge his Growing Light.

Very interesting and good point.  I hadn't considered this.. but it could be very useful if you run a dancer with a chunky tank.  You could anticipate getting to use Blazing X each fight potentially.