Associating avatars with users.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I guess I've associated certain avis with their users. But mostly for those that have kept to the same one in a long time. How long? Well, that will vary. I've been here for over 7 years, and then some more if counting my time lurking the site before signing up (in which case it's already over 8 years), and at this point I doubt I could remember who had what back then. So I guess those with the same avi for a few months? That I can remember, anyway.

As for myself... well, who knows if someone has come to associate an avi with me. I don't tend to keep the same one for long. Specially since I will change it to match holidays and days like that. Specially those that concern my country. Even not counting that, I haven't kept the same avi for long. Except perhaps the ones I've used when playing SRW Alpha and Alpha Gaiden. Those are ones I've kept for months, discounting the "change avi in a holiday" which do not make those months continious.

Reminds me, I should be back to playing SRW and changing the avi again once I do...

I change avatars (and theme, by extension) too often for someone to associate me with any one, I believe

I'd be surprised if someone could, tbh. That is, unless they already know me, of course

i think i associate both refa and euklyd with every single character they've ever had as an avatar tbh

too bad refa left sf =(

Edited by sunday

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

I change avatars (and theme, by extension) too often for someone to associate me with any one, I believe

I'd be surprised if someone could, tbh. That is, unless they already know me, of course

Yeah same here

8 hours ago, BalancedPro said:

Like I can't watch LOTGH without thinking of certain users with the avatars. Same with Atlier. When ever I watch Samurai Jack for some reason Jedi comes to mind.

Bold: Don't you mean "Atelier"? Unless you're referring to something else entirely...

I am lazy so I rarely change avatars (I have only done it once on here).  As to associating an avatar with a person I zone out too much to keep track of most people, plus they tend to change.  

On 23/03/2017 at 6:09 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, I guess I've associated certain avis with their users. But mostly for those that have kept to the same one in a long time. How long? Well, that will vary. I've been here for over 7 years, and then some more if counting my time lurking the site before signing up (in which case it's already over 8 years), and at this point I doubt I could remember who had what back then. So I guess those with the same avi for a few months? That I can remember, anyway.

As for myself... well, who knows if someone has come to associate an avi with me. I don't tend to keep the same one for long. Specially since I will change it to match holidays and days like that. Specially those that concern my country. Even not counting that, I haven't kept the same avi for long. Except perhaps the ones I've used when playing SRW Alpha and Alpha Gaiden. Those are ones I've kept for months, discounting the "change avi in a holiday" which do not make those months continious.

Reminds me, I should be back to playing SRW and changing the avi again once I do...

so this is you?

On 3/22/2017 at 11:59 PM, Chen said:

Lucifer is so much better!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/a/ae/Smthelel.png/revision/latest?cb=20170213115441

The idealized human form (if a bit anorexic). Six magnificent white wings. The red hair a splendid contrast. A pose of poise and confidence. A face of deep contemplation, or shallow self-assured arrogance. Only his horns suggest of his fallen nature. 'Tis beauty that hath made many a soul consider the ways of chaos!

And when he's angry, he looks quite serious and less beautiful, but still very good!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/d/db/KazumaKaneko-Lucifer.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080926062734

Just don't ask about the bald, middle-aged-gay-pimp/generic-1980s-cartoon-gang-boss-with-a-tumor redesign. It's a crime against nature! God cursed him I say!

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/b/b9/Lucifer_smt_4.png/revision/latest?cb=20130906211305

And when the tumor bursts. (Eyes are for some reason missing from the artwork despite being in the game.)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/b/ba/Lucifer_II_SMTIV.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160527004207

Did I mention that Lucy is also in touch with his feminine side? And children and the elderly too. Even the middle-aged businessman. Unfortunately, you'll have to take me at my word on these.

For an avatar, I've been considering a semi-Lucifer for it for some time. Why, he even lets you get to know Lucifer if you get to know him! You do have to ask whether extending humanity's existential freedom is worth it though if you want to get that close.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/9/97/Melancholy_Man_ingame_portraits.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111121030100

Why haven't I put his pic in? Laziness I guess.