+/- 4 trends

Clogon

I looked through a lot of individual stats looking for +/-4's. Sadly there is no absolute pattern to predict with 100% accuracy but I did find trends. The "<" means they most likely will go down to said value, ei: a base of 30 will most likely go down to 26. While ">" means they will likely go up, ei: a base 25 will likely go up to 29.

13<>17
22<26
23<27
24<>28
25<>29
26<30
27<31
29<33
35<39
36<>40
37<41
38<42

Just a reminder, these are just trends not absolutes.

Good find, but I think @Ice Dragon already worked on this. You can see all his findings in his stickied topic, but here's the part about modifiers.

Affect of stat variations on growths

• A positive stat has a growth one tier higher than the neutral growth in that stat.
  • A negative stat has a growth one tier lower than the neutral growth in that stat.
    • For example, Lucina has a neutral growth of +26 in Atk. A Lucina with +Atk has a growth of 28 in Atk, and a Lucina with -Atk has a growth of +24 in Atk.
      • Combined with the 1-point modifier at level 1, this results in a +3 or -3 modifier at level 40.
  • The difference between growth tiers is normally 2, but is 3 between 10 and 13, between 19 and 22, and between 30 and 33. This means that a stat with a growth bordering one of these gaps of 3 will have a a +4 modifier or a -4 modifier depending on which side of the gap the stat's neutral growth is on.
    • For example, Robin has a neutral growth of +22 in Atk. A Robin with +Atk has a growth of 24 in Atk, and a Robin with -Atk has a growth of +19 in Atk.
      • Combined with the 1-point modifier at level 1, this results in a +3 or -4 modifier at level 40.

Yep. The +/-4 modifier due to nature is due to a character's growth (stat difference between level 1 and level 40) in that stat.

If the neutral growth is 10, 19, or 30, then a positive nature will grant +4 instead of +3.

If the neutral growth is 13, 22, or 33, then a negative nature will grant -4 instead of -3.

9 minutes ago, C4stor said:

For what I can observe, it only applies consistently to 5 stars heroes though !

I haven't bothered gathering data on 4-star or lower characters, so I have no idea how growths work for them.