what color would Soren be? When he is released.

Ewwgene

Beaten by Azz. Soren will definitely be green. Tellius mages are generally not difficult to categorise into Heroes weapon types, except dark (which only Pelleas and Izuka use) and light (which is pretty much limited to Micaiah and Sephiran, if he will ever be playable).

other people have answered this question and there was no need to make a separate topic for this IMO. IIRC there are a couple speculation topics already.

I would be surprised if he was anything but Green, but they went and made Lucius a staff-bot, so who knows what they'll do, but if they make Soren a staff user, I'm going to be mad.

So far actual magic seems safe from any context involving staff users or weapon switchs. (Tellius mages having a clear speciality dosen't seem like a thing you pass up on)  But hey anything is technically possible. 

Edited by goodperson707

11 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

So far actual magic seems safe from any context involving staff users or weapon switchs. (Tellius mages having a clear speciality dosen't seem like a thing you pass up on)  But hey anything is technically possible. 

Lucius was always a Light Magic user.  He can't even use Staves until he promotes.  No one considered him a primary healer.

Like everyone said, Soren is likely gonna be a green mage due to his wind element, much like Merric.

That being said, don't hesitate to make small speculative questions like this in the general discussion thread stickied above; no need to make a new thread. :P

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would be surprised if he was anything but Green, but they went and made Lucius a staff-bot, so who knows what they'll do, but if they make Soren a staff user, I'm going to be mad.

Soren likely won't use staves. Lucius likely was given healing due to being a light mage and his kind personality, something Soren does not really have, not to mention the wind mage stuff.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Lucius was always a Light Magic user.  He can't even use Staves until he promotes.  No one considered him a primary healer.

So? That still dosen't invalidate what I said, so far mages haven't been affected by stuff like this and I don't think the context of those really appiles to mages. (and yeah I'm aware of him as a unit, I also think staff use makes a certain amount of sense with his character, his starting situation in the main story of FE7 which was showcased in his paralouge map, and I could see an argument about the monk class being new and possibly redundancies in FE7) If you meant the actual mage comment, he isn't one in the context of heroes, light magic dosen't really exist so far. 

It's more than likely going to be green. However if Tormod and Ilyana get add as well, Tormod will be Red and Ilyana will be blue. Just saiyan. (yes the joke is intentional) 

1 hour ago, goodperson707 said:

Odin's a Blue Mage, despite being a dark mage in Fates.

Or when you said "actual magic" did you mean "anima magic" since you're also rejecting Lucius as a counter exemple? (It feels very nitpicky to me, but have your way).

Yes, Odin's class is dark mage, now tell me how that translates to him focusing on dark magic in heroes? Magic is magic in his game and it's the base spellcasting option for nohrians. He even defaults to thunder magic in fates. (Closest thing I found and mentioned before is Leo using dark magic while bieng a dark knight, but that's not quite the same thing)  Meanwhile Light magic dosen't really exist at the moment in heroes. 

Edited by goodperson707

1 minute ago, goodperson707 said:

Meanwhile Light magic dosen't really exist at the moment in heroes. 

Linde's Aura tome is "light magic" even if magic isn't split in her original games.

Julia's Naga tome is unquestionably light magic, but is classified as green magic likely for its association with divine dragons (Fae being the only character who currently transforms into an actual divine dragon).

It's fairly certain that no new colors will be introduced for light magic, similarly to how dark magic currently works, and light magic will simply live as either blue or green magic.

6 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Yes, Odin's class is dark mage, now tell me how that translates to him focusing on dark magic in heroes? Magic is magic in his game and it's the base spellcasting option for nohrians. He even defaults to thunder magic in fates. Meanwhile Light magic dosen't really exist at the moment in heroes. 

... you seem to try to make a point, but I can't manage to parse it. You also sound a bit aggravated, and I'm not sure why?

^^ Yes I'm aware of those, But it dosen't have any base weapons, (and both have existed as light associated tomes but not as a separate light element before) and both characters can use the base weapons they get in their home games at some point. 

^ basically that you can find reasoning behind most everything if you look deep enough in these games, and while everyone gets their opinion on what dosen't make sense I just need some connection to the characters home game so far, so saying they could do this outlandish thing because to them this other thing is outlandish dosen't really work for me. Now I apologize for how I sounded to you but I was a bit frustrated at how you were putting your own rebuttal which as far I know didn't even work with what I was saying.

Edited by goodperson707

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Tiki?

Double points for her, since Tiki is also Naga's daughter.

Tiki's divine dragon and fire dragon sprites were identical in Mystery of the Emblem Book 1, but were distinct from each other in Book 2.

Her battle sprite in Heroes appears to be based off of her divine dragon sprite in Book 1, but that sprite is shared with both books' fire dragons with only a palette swap, and Heroes gives her Flametongue as her default weapon instead of Ice Breath from Book 1 or Mist Breath from Book 2. As far as Heroes is concerned, I think she's being counted as a fire dragon.

Edited by Ice Dragon

...I really wish people would stop posting in this thread lol.... But that said... since we're talking about dragons....

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tiki's divine dragon and fire dragon sprites were identical in Mystery of the Emblem Book 1, but were distinct from each other in Book 2.

Her battle sprite in Heroes appears to be based off of her divine dragon sprite in Book 1, but that sprite is shared with both books' fire dragons with only a palette swap, and Heroes gives her Flametongue as her default weapon instead of Ice Breath from Book 1 or Mist Breath from Book 2. As far as Heroes is concerned, I think she's being counted as a fire dragon.

Looking at the designs of both Divine and Fire dragons in more recent games, it seems like they're trending the general design aesthetic of these two types of dragons in different directions now, based on the DS games, wherein Fire Dragons look more armored/scaly and to some extent like their GBA counterparts, while Divine Dragons in that game trend toward the look that they had in MotE Book 1, as you've pointed out. 

Maybe the default white/scaly look is just what they want to go for in terms of Divine Dragons' appearances nowadays. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think it's also worth noting that there's no evidence that Naga or any of the other canonical history/events of the GBA games seems to be present in the GBA games, so Fae's version of the DD could just be a separate universe/continuity, thus the reason for their design differences. 

Although the notion that y!Tiki is being treated somewhat like a Fire Dragon has some merits. Still... the fact that Tiki is the Divine Dragon princess essentially + the fact that both Fae and Ninian can use Light Breath does make the matter of dragons' elements in this game undeniably confusing. 

If, magically speaking, Red is Fire + Dark, Green is Wind + Light, and Blue is who knows even, whatever they want it to be I guess (thunder magic + light magic + dark breath + light breath ????) then it's hard to know what other stuff will be attributed to, except for as it relates to game balance (for instance, I'm predicting Myrrh will be green because there aren't any others right now). 

...except Soren. Soren will be green. That's all that needs to be said there ¬__¬