I have some questions on making a game with FE XP

Brunhilde

I have multiple questions for anyone here.

*This is FE XP (RPG Maker XP)

1) How do I Make a weapon have infinite uses?

2) How do I increase the hit rate on a added weapon (A custom weapon I made somehow has 26 hit standard)

3) Although I have the Battle sprites for a custom character, Do I have to separate each animation (Normal attack, Critical hit etc)? (I'm also having issues splitting the sprites, but that will soon be remedied)

4) How do I choose their growth rates and starter stats? 

5) Do the sprites have to be PNG or can they be GIFs

6) How do I give characters "Special" Battle music?

Edited by Brunhilde
extra info

1. To make a weapon infinite use, replace the first value in the name of the weapon in the weapon database to -1. For example, an Iron Sword with infinite uses would be Iron Sword|-1|1.

2. To change the hit rate of a weapon, go to the weapon database, and change the DEX+ box to the desired hit rate.

3. When making the sprite sheet for the animation, there should be one separate sprite sheet for every weapon type. For example, a Paladin with swords, lances, and axes would require four sheets: one for the paladin sword animation, one for the paladin lance animation, one for the ax animation, and one for the dodge frames. Note the attack animations go into the Animations folder, and dodge frames into the Battlers folder. If you are referring to if you have to separate each animation in the animations database for attacks, hit, return, and critical animations, then yes, you have to separate it.

4. To change growth rates for characters, go to MaxSP. Each level of MaxSP refers to a specific growth. It goes:
Level 1 - HP Growth
Level 2 - STR Growth
Level 3 – SKL Growth
Level 4 – SPD Growth
Level 5 – LUK Growth
Level 6 – DEF Growth
Level 7 – RES Growth
Level 8 - Gender/Alternate battle sheets
Level 9 - Affinity (0 = Thunder 1 = Dark, 2 = Anima, 3 = Earth, 4 = Fire, 5 = Water, 6 = Ice, 7 = Light, 8 = Wind, and 9 = None.)

To change their starter stats, go the the Parameters for the character in the Actor database, and change the values in the boxes:
Max HP = Base Hit Points
MAx SP - See Above
STR = Base Power (STR or MAG)
DEX = Base Skill
AGI - Base Speed
INT = Base Luck

Remember when changing the values, you must multiply the desired value by 10. For example, if you wanted to give a character a 50% HP growth, you would need to change the MAX HP value to 500. 
Then go to Starting Equipment, and change Shield, Helmet, and Body to change the characters base constitution, defense, and resistance.

5. Yes, the sprites have to be a PNG.

6. To give each character their own music, first go into Fire Emblem General, and go to line 1888, which should be right under the function play_battle_theme. Type in:

def get_battle_theme(id)
return @battle_themes[id] if @battle_themes.keys.include?(id)
return BATTLE_THEMES[id] if BATTLE_THEMES.keys.include?(id)
return ''
end

After you type in these lines, go to Unit Info and type underneath the Death Quotes section:

BATTLE_THEMES = {
6 => 'Title of Music'
}

The 6 in this case refers to actor 6, which is the unit that gets the boss music. Note that you can indeed give anyone their own theme.

If you have any other questions or wish for further explanation on a particular question, then feel free to ask.