Radiance Dusk chat and character art

Dragoncat

I decided to make a chat/OOC topic, even though I didn't create the RP myself. We can discuss stuff here now instead of in the signup thread. Also, since I know I wasn't the only one who mentioned making character art, that goes here too. I'll put it all in this OP as it's posted. If you post art and I didn't seem to notice, feel free to poke me.

Character Art

Keanu

fe_oc__keanu_by_rubydragoncat-db2ufy8.pn

Edited by Dragoncat

Also gonna comment here because I don't know where this conversation will continue:

Would it be fine for my next character for arc 2 to be a competitor for the next ruler of Phoenicis?  Nothing official yet like Skrimir in FE10, but I'd assume it would be a hotly contested position and would take time to be chosen

hmmm I'm sure he said something about being really busy in the other topic, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

otherwise we would just need a new gm and fill in his blank important spots? kugh

I apologize for my lack of activity, but had been lacking in motivation for this for a while. I still want to continue, but right now, I have a problem.....

My mercenary character.

I have no ideas for his backstory. Absolutely none. I can't come up with anything, and its incredibley frustrating. I need serious help. (Backstories have always been my bane with CSs.)

The mercenary leader, I presume?  Perhaps you could be simple and go for a former commoner who became exceptional with their weapon of choice, and through mercenary work alone amassed respect and numbers starting in their home country 

@Blade_of_Light I have something to add on to Skri's idea, maybe he started with his weapon in the first place because bandits attacked the town he lived in and he lost people close to him. A wife and kid or kids possibly. So naturally he picked up a weapon and started working with it, so that someday, he could avenge his family. Years later he manages to do so and he is seen as a hero in his town. He picks up some friends/recruits people for his group, and then the plot happens.

@AriaNightingale Cool, we have an anti hero! Or possible villain.

@Blade_of_Light I have to agree with both of them, but its your call.

And Dante is a villain unless he is spoken to my that arcs protagonist about choice, where after his defeat he returns.

last edit:

I was grounded and as such I can't role play. So my Arc one character Aria can be played by someone else, as Arc one will more then likely start before I'm ungrounded, Dante is still mine though.

Ciao.

Edited by AriaNightingale
NEWS

Man, everyone getting grounded makes me realize how old I really am. I don't miss that at all...

For the record, I just turned 26 yesterday, but still.

Because i'm a sneaky f*** who knows basically all comings and goings at home.

Happy birthday to you.

Although I still probably wont be able to do much, i'll try at the very least. But for now I'll be working on studying and character art.

Ok, since it might be a bit before my characters are done, I will just start the rp but have my characters show up later. I was also thinking of maybe Crimea and Daein would have united as a country somehow over this time (miraculously). What do you guys think of this?

That's perfectly alright by me that you're starting, so just... tell me if you need me to do anything before you post, I guess? I mean, Empress aside and all that.

Also I personally don't see any issues behind it as long as we can explain it. 100 years should easily give a reason enough.

I kinda like the idea... Seeing as relations between Crimea's royalty and Daein's royalty became better during RD.
I can kinda see the possibility of diplomatic visits turning children into lovers into a united 2 nations ("after a long debate by snobby lords who only disagree but the couple are people pleasers so the population wants it"-clichè)

I saw we take a bit from Tales of The Abyss. In that game a formation of two countries exists Kimlasca and Lavendear.

But as of the time of the game the countries have become Kimlasca-Lavendear.

Or to summarize I'd say we should call it Crimea-Daein, or Crimdeain. 

Calling it Crimea-Daein makes sense.

It'd make it similar to the former country of Austria-Hungary.

Maybe it could be like a 2 kingdom country, with Daein being run by a king/queen who was appointed to lead by the former king of Crimea.

It could be used to make it so that part of the Daein part of the country supports the former king while the revolution is largely supported by the Crimean populace and many generals.

I'd imagine if the 2 countries united, there would still be ethnic tensions between the 2 populations due to all the wars, and If the King/Queen of Crimea happened to be Daeinese in origin, I'd imagine the Crimean population might end up going into a full rebellion.