Will Echoes have Axes?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Will Echoes have Axes?

• Yes, other axe using classes will appear
    • Yes, a Brigand will be recruitable
    • Yes, both of the above
    • No, just like the original
    • Maybe as an Amiibo Extra or DLC

So far it looks like Brigands are the only axe using class, while all classes seem to use one weapon like the original ruling out axe using Generals/Barons as such axes are seeming unlikely right now. Do you think will a Brigand will be recruitable or will another axe using class appear unlike the original. There's also the amiibos apparently summoning normally unplayable classes for player use.

I thought this is an interesting topic of discussion that would be worth discussing here.

Nope I don't and that's how I like it.

No offense to those that like axes, but I'm happy Echoes is being fateful and is not having axe users (Well as far as we know). But with the lack of a WT, I don't see any point to axe users and brigands aren't really around much past Chapter 3. So yeah. That's really my opinion on things.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Nope I don't and that's how I like it.

No offense to those that like axes, but I'm happy Echoes is being fateful and is not having axe users (Well as far as we know). But with the lack of a WT, I don't see any point to axe users and brigands aren't really around much past Chapter 3. So yeah. That's really my opinion on things.

Well Brigand base stats are similar to villagers in the original so it makes sense they would stop appearing after a point.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I think a playable Brigand would be the only way I could see it working if classes don't get multiple weapons. But realistically, I doubt we will get a playable axe user. I personally would be fine either with it or without it.

I think it could work as Brigand -> Warrior -> Berserker or something with a Reaver.

I'd say it's very unlikely that playable axe users will be implemented. There was an article a while back for Echoes that confirmed there'd be no weapon triangle, so that removes a major reason to include axes (to have a weapon that'd be good against lances).

Also, I should think that most of the new characters/classes that would be introduced would be axe users, if they were planning to implement playable axe users. The fact that it hasn't been the case and that to this point no playable axe users have been revealed yet, makes me quite confident that they don't plan on having playable axe users.

Would I prefer it if they did have playable axe users? Not really. I mean, the original Gaiden had no axe users and I tend to prefer staying true to the original game in remakes, rather than changing too much. Combine that fact with there being no weapon triangle, I don't think including axes is that important. Though if they did implement them for some reason, I suppose I wouldn't be too annoyed as long as they don't change the game a ridiculous amount as a result.

I still want to see if we can get an axe user in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. But, I wondered if the Dread Fighters and even Ike will uses Axes for Echoes since Dread Fighters did used Axes and Tomes in Awakening and Fates and I do want to see an another recruitable Brigand to join and add an Axe class in the game as well.

On 3/26/2017 at 1:04 AM, King Marth 64 said:

I still want to see if we can get an axe user in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. But, I wondered if the Dread Fighters and even Ike will uses Axes for Echoes since Dread Fighters did used Axes and Tomes in Awakening and Fates and I do want to see an another recruitable Brigand to join and add an Axe class in the game as well.

Dread Fighters were sword-locked in Gaiden. Considering that even Cavaliers (who historically are almost always able to use two weapons) are still lance-locked in the remake, as they were in Gaiden, I feel like we can safely assume that Dread Fighters are probably not changing.

As for Ike, he seems to use Ragnell when summoned. While it remains to be seen if there are additional implementations of the legacy characters, I feel like they probably would have been shown off by now if there was something more exciting.

3 hours ago, Iridium said:

Dread Fighters were sword-locked in Gaiden. Considering that even Cavaliers (who historically are almost always able to use two weapons) are still lance-locked in the remake, as they were in Gaiden, I feel like we can safely assume that Dread Fighters are probably not changing.

As for Ike, he seems to use Ragnell when summoned. While it remains to be seen if there are additional implementations of the legacy characters, I feel like they probably would have been shown off by now if there was something more exciting.

Wait, did one of the people in the Dutch Comic Con said they saw that the Cavaliers still use Lance only? And I do feel that Ike was probably going to be using Swords only since it is just one turn per battle.

Because there is unit inventory, there is no use of having proficiencies of two weapons. You could only equip one weapon at a time per battle. :c I actually do hope they end up having a class with an axe-user that's playable though.

6 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, did one of the people in the Dutch Comic Con said they saw that the Cavaliers still use Lance only? And I do feel that Ike was probably going to be using Swords only since it is just one turn per battle.

Seems like it based off these images which only list lance for paladin.

I'd like to have a brigand and an axe user, but its not a deal breaker, still it'd be nice to have the class. The Echoes version looks great as well.

So I noticed the Iron Lance in the latest videos is a halberd.