Should a new 2 range only weapon type be added for this game

Bows have been in every FE, but were usually regarded as the worst weapon type because they have no enemy phase action. In fates, the hidden weapons were brought back and were 1-2 ranged weapons, but being 1-2 range means that bows can counter them naturally unlike other weapon types that aren't magic.  I personally believe that if a new exclusive 2 ranged weapon type were to be added, it would help bow users because there would be more classes to take on enemy phase. So back to the title, should a new 2 range only weapon type by added to the series? If so, what do you guys think should be added? preferably weapons that would use the strength stat. 

Sorry if this is worded in a weird way. I find it hard to put my thoughts on paper or text.

19 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

What other games were Hidden Weapons in? I thought that they were an entirely new weapon type.

Knives

One pipe dream I have is making certain magic types 2-range or possibly even 1-2 only on player phase, but nobody can say for certain. It's possible that IntSys looks at Heroes' implementation of magic and experiments with that.

15 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Knives

Knives and Hidden Weapons are different weapon types though, meaning that they weren't "brought back" in Fates.

Also, no I don't want to see them back.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• 2 weeks later...

They could split Hidden weapons into two types, 2 range only versions that are primarily for debuffing over raw damage and 1 range only weapons that prevent counterattacks (someone else's idea). 

The principle of Fates balancing was that weapons hit at 1-2 range tend to have drawbacks (hidden weapons ended uo being too strong however). The "specialized" ranged weapons, Bows, have high might to offset their weak enemy phase.

I would like a new weapon type, non-magic. That way tomes can get their own weapon triangle again. Something similar to FE: Heroes or older games. Because I liked Awakening's tomes because I could choice what type I wanted to use for different characters(Lightning, Wind or Fire, or Dark). Combine those tomes (maybe add more) with a magic weapon triangle, I think that would be nice to have again.

For the new ranged weapon, maybe something like a sling or just throwing rocks. Might be fun.