Some new info from Dutch Comic Con

Theres some details in here, from people asking questions, we seem to have GBA styled supports, along with Weapons granting skills from being used enough among other things.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank fuck for GBA styled supports. I just hope they don't take a shit amount of turns to build up. Also weapon skills is very interesting, but I wonder do they keep the skills or is it only with that weapon and do the weapons keep the skills or is it only for the character.

of all the things I expected from this game, gba styled supports was not one of them

not that I have a problem with that, I really like them and the settings they can give for supports

GBA supports that don't take eternity to build up? Sign me the fuck up.

Interesting thing here is how they also talked about some new characters. There's a guy named Fernand and Berkut apparently has a girlfriend/fiance named Rinean... could Fernand be the blonde Paladin we kept on seeing? 

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Interesting thing here is how they also talked about some new characters. There's a guy named Fernand and Berkut apparently has a girlfriend/fiance named Rinean... could Fernand be the blonde Paladin we kept on seeing? 

Oh shit, character relations in Gaiden. This is already a better game.

Also I hope that this Fernand is the green paladin. That means he ain't Camus like everyone has been speculating.

2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

They just said girlfriend, its possible Rinean is just his subordinate?

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

They just said girlfriend, its possible Rinean is just his subordinate?

Possible. I kind of hope that she is an actual girlfriend though, as seeing more character relationships between the villains may add more depth to them overall.

14 minutes ago, KliffIsTheOG said:

I guess luckycrit was right about the weapon/skill connection

Indeed, although all the information was available if you studied hard : P

Question marks only ever appeared when a unique weapon or shield was equipped, never for provisions. Weapons filled a gauge when used, rather than the gauge depleting, etc.

Good to see confirmation anyway.

Edited by VincentASM

Just now, Dylan Corona said:

That support info is good news. I think that may be enough to keep the shipping fans from Awakening and Fates happy, so I think it was a smart move to add it. I can't wait for this game. Is it may yet? Thanks for sharing this.

No problem, as soon as I saw the thread I was like "SERENES GOTTA KNOW THIS" haha.

I was a little worried that Echoes won't have supports, but thank goodness! I don't care if they're bad, I need characterization. I just hope the localization doesn't do this again:

C support reached!

2 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I was a little worried that Echoes won't have supports, but thank goodness! I don't care if they're bad, I need characterization. I just hope the localization doesn't do this again:

C support reached!

Wasn't that one an accident? I read that it was accidentally deleted.

45 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Redditor already confirmed it. Not Sirius is really not Sirius.

Anyways, sounds like dungeons have been greatly expanded. Also, Kliff had a skill that consumed 1 HP to add 30 avoid to his next turn (all the Villagers had been kept as Villagers). Clive also learned an armorslaying skill from the steel lance, which takes HP to use. In addition, Claire and Python weren't present in the Chapter 1 finale and nobody had been promoted.

Edited by The DanMan

The only thing I'm not quite sold on is the purpose of fatigue. Aside from food offerings, I certainly hope there are other methods to reduce fatigue (especially since I don't want to constantly keep visiting dungeons to reduce fatigue).

Also, I hope the stat reduction penalty won't effect stats permanently.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Anyways, sounds like dungeons have been greatly expanded. Also, Kliff had a skill that consumed 1 HP to add 30 avoid to his next turn (unsure of what class he was). Clive also learned an armorslaying skill from the steel lance, which takes HP to use. Claire and Python also weren't present in the Chapter 1 finale, and nobody had been promoted in the save file they had.

The redditor said Kliff was a villager and a sword gave him that skill.

57 minutes ago, Azz said:

Thank fuck for GBA styled supports. I just hope they don't take a shit amount of turns to build up.

Given that who played it said that by the end of Chapter 1 almost everyone had a C support at least, and it is a short chapter, I guess that supports will be faster than at GBA, maybe around the same speed as the other 3DS titles.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Called it.

I'm not a fan of mid-battle supports. It just doesn't make sense that characters just start talking about random stuff in the heat of combat. Conversation fit much better into the time between battles, when talking about your tragic backstory doesn't leave you open to stabbing.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Yep, ended up seeing that one upon looking at the thread more. Even if he isn't Zeke, he might still be interesting...

Fernand apparently deserted the deliverance because he got mad clive made alm the leader. Desaix's men picked him up and introduced him to berkut with the comment that fernand might like him better as a leader.

This alone sounds great.

1 minute ago, Night Zap said:

Called it.

I'm not a fan of mid-battle supports. It just doesn't make sense that characters just start talking about random stuff in the heat of combat. Conversation fit much better into the time between battles, when talking about your tragic backstory doesn't leave you open to stabbing.

Given that we have both a world map AND towns, to have the supports in battle seems like the worst choice... it would have been cool to make towns useful by making supports happen in there while your army rests.

Apparently, Fernand (blonde Paladin) was a member of the Deliverance, but had problems with Clive making Alm the leader and left, he was picked up by Desaix's men and met with Berkut to join them instead, according to the Reddit thread creator. 

Edit: I got ninja'd

Edited by BlizzardWolf95