Some new info from Dutch Comic Con

6 minutes ago, Kaze said:

I guess all we can do is wait and see since NintenDaan said that they weren't allowed to view supports.

I don't recall Daan saying that anywhere. Superkyon's answers in the Reddit AMA suggest otherwise because they actually said that the dialogue of Kliff and Tobin's C support was short and didn't give any info about their personalities, so they had to have seen it in order to make that comment.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Prince of Iris said:

I don't recall Daan saying that anywhere. Superkyon's answers in the Reddit AMA suggest otherwise because they actually said that the dialogue of Kliff and Tobin's C support was short and didn't give any info about their personalities, so they had to have seen it in order to make that comment.

It was via a tweet to someone on twitter.

2 minutes ago, Prince of Iris said:

Thanks. In that case, it's interesting that there appears to be some sort of conflict of information. Superkyon seems to make it pretty clear that they actually saw the conversation between Kliff and Tobin. They've yet to clarify whether it was fully voiced or not though.

Yeah. It's hard to believe that they let some people see the supports and not others. Part of me wonders if Superkyon did see the supports or if they mistook something else for supports. Maybe Daan is under the false assumption of there being other kind of supports? Hard to say.

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I have a question: Do mages default to Fire on Enemy Phase in this game?

In the original they did yes, so I would presume the same here and I think that if they only had 1 HP they wouldn't do anything though I'm not sure since I never got in a situation like that.

Just now, Azz said:

In the original they did yes, so I would presume the same here and I think that if they only had 1 HP they wouldn't do anything though I'm not sure since I never got in a situation like that.

in one of the earlier videos, may got attacked by an archer and didn't counterattack at all, even though she starts with thunder

so that's probably a yes, although it also might mean that they won't attack on enemy phase with other spells at all

Just now, unique said:

in one of the earlier videos, may got attacked by an archer and didn't counterattack at all, even though she starts with thunder

so that's probably a yes, although it also might mean that they won't attack on enemy phase with other spells at all

I'm pretty sure Mae would not be able to attack anyways since I'm pretty sure the archer was 4 spaces away.

That was always a bit disappointing but I suppose they need to do it so you don't kill yourself.

Pseudo-fatigue? IS is willing to give the idea a try again. Hope it works okay, otherwise we won't be hearing the end of it.

HP consuming command skills for physical units? Interesting, I thought mages sounded a little too nuanced compared to physical units with access to a full weapon arsenal at a cost at all times. Perhaps this will give physical units some complexity. Also, Celica can use a sword right? Can she still use magic even with a sword equipped? If so, perhaps with a sword with the right skill, she could do unique things with magic (well until May and Sonya promote).

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Correct, mages can't commit suicide with spells. They simply won't counterattack.

15 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm pretty sure Mae would not be able to attack anyways since I'm pretty sure the archer was 4 spaces away.

That was always a bit disappointing but I suppose they need to do it so you don't kill yourself.

i mean in the old one if the archer was thunder range away she would use thunder

i kind of hope there's an option for that in this one, like you can have them counterattack with other spells depending on how much hp they have or something

that sounds a bit too complicated for them to actually implement but i think that'd be neat

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Wasn't that one an accident? I read that it was accidentally deleted.

It's not realistic for it to have been an accident, especially considering that it was in the European version too and just happens to be the one pairing where someone might find it to be a funny joke. That sounds like a rationale that was invented to alleviate Treehouse from guilt, more than anything else. It's about the same level of convenience as "accidentally" removing swimsuits.

2 hours ago, Leif said:

Like Thracia 776, fatigue is a thing in this game. You can't rely on one unit too much or else they'll get tired and their stats will reduce. Interesting, but I wonder if there will be other ways to cure fatigue without having to make a trip all the way down to a Mila Shrine.... 

Perhaps they did this to prevent grinding with one particular unit? I need a more detailed explanation. 

Fatigue is probably not a bad addition to the game. You eventually reach a point where you have at least one unit on both sides capable of doing a comprehensive solo of the remainder of the game, and this is obviously detrimental to the game's strategic elements. Fatigue might resolve this... although it might also not do anything at all, depending on how its handled. Or perhaps more specifically: whether or not Alm (who is easily the strongest unit in his army that isn't a cleric) can get fatigued.

Edited by Iridium

1 hour ago, Kaze said:

Yeah. It's hard to believe that they let some people see the supports and not others. Part of me wonders if Superkyon did see the supports or if they mistook something else for supports. Maybe Daan is under the false assumption of there being other kind of supports? Hard to say.

If this is true, this means that supports are potentially not confirmed to be in GBA style. Although he said he saw them reach a C rank. Although he didn't specify if it was referring to the convo on the battle field.

6 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

GBA supports that don't take eternity to build up? Sign me the fuck up.

Interesting thing here is how they also talked about some new characters. There's a guy named Fernand and Berkut apparently has a girlfriend/fiance named Rinean... could Fernand be the blonde Paladin we kept on seeing? 

please be a baby mama please be a baby mama bring the DRAMA

5 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Apparently, Fernand (blonde Paladin) was a member of the Deliverance, but had problems with Clive making Alm the leader and left, he was picked up by Desaix's men and met with Berkut to join them instead, according to the Reddit thread creator. 

Edit: I got ninja'd

DRAMA YESSSSS

5 hours ago, Azz said:

Just saying the redditor said that Berkut's girlfriend gave them Azura vibes. Take that whatever way you will.

Also if anyone has any questions but doesn't have a reddit, I'd gladly ask them for you.

NOOOO AZURA IS DRAMA BUZZKILL. Maybe they tried to make her mysterious, but handled better. Maybe the dark secret she's hiding is that she's pregnant

I really like how they're beefing up the story, and I'm glad IS realized that supports are too big nowadays to drop for a faithful remake. Maybe the gameplay faithfulness to Gaiden will just make it seem quirky, rather than broken.

7 hours ago, Night Zap said:

Called it.

I'm not a fan of mid-battle supports. It just doesn't make sense that characters just start talking about random stuff in the heat of combat. Conversation fit much better into the time between battles, when talking about your tragic backstory doesn't leave you open to stabbing.

ah but so many memorable support conversations (forde/vanessa come to mind) with mid battle shenanigans happening. Maybe dungeon crawling would make a lot of sense for support conversations as the team slowly explores an area while trying to stay calm.

4 hours ago, Iridium said:

It's not realistic for it to have been an accident, especially considering that it was in the European version too and just happens to be the one pairing where someone might find it to be a funny joke. That sounds like a rationale that was invented to alleviate Treehouse from guilt, more than anything else. It's about the same level of convenience as "accidentally" removing swimsuits.

Maybe, but tbf, I have trouble buying that.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Maybe, but tbf, I have trouble buying that.

Trouble buying what? "Someone thought that two assassins being silent would be funny" sounds millions of times more likely to me than "this one single instance of dialogue was mysteriously deleted and overwritten with ellipses, at a point where it would almost make sense, without being changed in a later release that alters other dialogue." Now, I confess I don't know what the placeholder dialogue is in Fates, but I'm pretty sure it's not ".../.../.../...". Especially when the number of dialogue boxes was changed; with a mistake, you would expect either 0-1 or the same amount as in the original depending how exactly it was broken.

If the game were otherwise respectful of the script, then sure, I'd believe it to be a mistake. But it's fairly well-documented that the Fates translation is pretty liberal (to be generous), so I don't see why anyone should be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt over a change like this.

38 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Everyone says it seems like GBA supports, but my fear is that Radiant Dawn supports are back. Those were on the map too, came with a talk command and were really short.

I saw Gamexplain's hands on discussion and Nintendann, another guy who played it, said that they were quirky and gave personality so it might be like FE7 or FE8.

4 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I saw Gamexplain's hands on discussion and Nintendann, another guy who played it, said that they were quirky and gave personality so it might be like FE7 or FE8.

Okay fear averted then. Which is good because I dislike RD supports more than FE3/5 ones.

10 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

Thanks. In that case, it's interesting that there appears to be some sort of conflict of information. Superkyon seems to make it pretty clear that they actually saw the conversation between Kliff and Tobin. They've yet to clarify whether it was fully voiced or not though.

I don't think the two information are conflicting actually.  They weren't allowed to see the Support Library (or the Support options for each character), but supports happening during the battle are fair game.

The Support Library would go too far into spoiler territory (like, for example, if you could recruit Berkut/Fernand), so it being out of access seems logical.

3 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

I don't think the two information are conflicting actually.  They weren't allowed to see the Support Library (or the Support options for each character), but supports happening during the battle are fair game.

The Support Library would go too far into spoiler territory (like, for example, if you could recruit Berkut/Fernand), so it being out of access seems logical.

I don't know about that second one - the only game where I'd say the support library went into spoiler territory was Awakening, given that they showed silhouettes of units that the player didn't recruit yet, with the bottom of Robin's support list populated by units that the player could (mostly) guess who they were before they joined because their map sprites were distinctive - bonus points for having half of them be characters you see on the map during the first half of the game (that's true of Fates as well, but I don't know of anyone who'd have been a major spoiler that joins in that game).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I think "not being allowed" to see supports shouldn't be taken at face value.

I've worked at these kind of events on multiple occasions before and most likely the Nintendo people just wanted him to hurry along. Same with how superkyon was "kicked out" of a dungeon. They just want you to move onto the next relevant gameplay experience ASAP so you get the most bang for your buck.

If you were REALLY stubborn, you could probably ignore their instructions. So long as you adhere to the rules (which AFAIK was you got 30 mins).

I did looked over at the Reddit thread and I don't see anyone mentioned about the Levin Sword/Lightning Sword in this topic. I did seen the thread creator did said he used Kliff with a Lightning Sword and saw someone did asked him wasn't it suppose to be Levin Sword, he did said it he saw it was actually called Lightning Sword in the demo not Levin Sword that was used from the previous Fire Emblem games.

Edited by King Marth 64