Future features revealed in tweets

SatsumaFSoysoy

The Japanese FEH Twitter just put out three new tweets about features to come, some of which many people have been asking for quite a while. No specific date was mentioned for when these would be added, and they weren't included in the April update report, but they do say that "we were able to put in more features", so we could be getting these next month.

1. The ability to change deployment positions at the start of the battle

At the beginning of the battle, before any of your units make any of their moves (i.e. no one can be greyed out), you will be able to tap a "Formation" button to shift your units around between the four starting positions as many times as you like.

That'll take out the going into a level blind -> get bodied because Elise tried to duel Ryoma true combo, which was frankly quite annoying and a waste of like 20 stamina.

2. Adjustments to EXP gain

The amount of EXP gained by 1* to 4* Heroes from enemies of lower levels will be increased. The lower the rarity of your Hero, the more EXP they gain from weak enemies.

Right now, training is a little bit of a gamble; you won't get much EXP out of enemies that aren't like five levels higher than you, but your goddamn Draug weaker units might keep dying in one round to the stronger enemies, especially when they start reaching higher levels. This will perhaps make grinding on weaker enemies a more reasonable source of EXP. While obviously slower than fighting stronger enemies, you're less likely to get jumped and waste 9 stamina.

3. The maximum amount of Stamina will be raised from 50 to 99. Also, the amount of Stamina recovered by a Potion/an Orb will also be raised to 99 (still a full restore).

The update we've all been waiting for (they even say this in the Tweet lol. Awesome that Orb/Potion recovery has been raised to match too, so we're not getting robbed.

Shoutouts to Ice Dragon and Ryu Yuki lol

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for making this topic for everyone! And thank you @Ice Dragon for the translations :D

This is a very welcome update with a lot of great additions. Unit preparation screen and max stamina increase I've been waiting for forever! Now I don't need to feel guilty about wasting stamina every time I sleep.

The EXP boost is also super nice, since there's a lot more motivation to level up lower rarity units now that SI is a thing. 

Once again, they're really doing an amazing job of listening to feedback and showing that they care about the players and aren't just out for our money. This is how you do a mobile game. Props once again to IS!

Personally speaking, I am really excited for these changes! I must hand it to Intelligent Systems; it truly feels like they care about their fanbase and are actively listening to a lot of the feedback being sent in. I like to make jokes about them being stingy with orbs, but they've been pretty decent even on that front, with event after event coughing up lots of orbs for players to earn. This is the first game I've played where the developers are so quick to implement changes that the fans have been clamoring for. You can tell they're really trying, and want fans to enjoy their game (Even if they also want your money). But back to the actual updates...

It's about time we became able to adjust starting positions. One of the things I really loved about this game was how little it relied on RNG (Besides when summoning units). It truly feels like a strategy game, and you don't have to pray to the RNG gods that everything goes smoothly. No, you can have everything work out through sheer planning and raising a variety of units that fulfill different roles. The only real RNG-based factor in battles were the starting positions, which probably screwed everyone over at least once or twice. With this out of the way, battles truly become about pure planning and strategizing, which I more than welcome. From what it seems, it looks like it'll be implemented in a rather convenient fashion, so further praise to Intelligent Systems for that.

As for the maximum stamina being raised to 99; I'm pretty sure anyone can appreciate this. In order to constantly use stamina and ensure that none is wasted, one theoratically had to play every 4 hours so that the stamina doesn't cap out and stop regenerating. With this update, you can finally sleep for 8 hours and still make efficient use of the in-game stamina. This is amazing for me because it makes my SP grinding so much easier and faster (I'd miss out on 75+ SP if I slept for 8 hours now) and I need so much of it for all my units. 

With the new Skill Inheritance update, I'm sure many people have considered raising their lower rarity units to 40 before finally promoting them. However, it was kind of a hassle due to the weak weapons making it hard to secure kills sometimes, and the lower stats making taking hits rather hard at the higher stratums. I had to do a whole lot of babying with my stronger units giving out Rally(s) and Spur(s) to make this work, and even then the AI can be extremely spiteful sometimes, choosing to kill themselves against my max level units rather than the weaker ones that need levelling. With this, hopefully levelling my 3* units will become more feasible, and I can do some SP grinding before finally promoting them to 5*.

Also, thanks for the shoutout!

well i can read weeb too u kno

I just realized, assuming that stamina recovery rate is not changing, it's gonna take 99 x 5 = 495 minutes (8 hours and 15 mins) for stamina to restore to full after the update. Better get some good sleep instead of waking up at 4 am.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

well i can read weeb too u kno

I just realized, assuming that stamina recovery rate is not changing, it's gonna take 99 x 5 = 495 minutes (8 hours and 15 mins) for stamina to restore to full after the update. Better get some good sleep instead of waking up at 4 am.

Jokes on you I was sleep deprived before Heroes gave me a reason to only sleep 4 hours a day.

It's good to know that the devs are listening to player feedback and making improvements to the game to accommodate.  Increased EXP gain and a higher stamina cap are things we've been asking for pretty much since day one, so I'm glad we're finally getting them. 

Great, now we can actually sleep for longer than 4 hours without having stamina overflow. I'd like to think that my suggestion of improving stamina to 100 didn't go to waste; it probably fell in the pile asking for the same thing. They probably set it as 99 so they didn't have to do any editing to the text size or position to make space for the 2 extra digits.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

1. The ability to change deployment positions at the start of the battle

At the beginning of the battle, before any of your units make any of their moves (i.e. no one can be greyed out), you will be able to tap a "Formation" button to shift your units around between the four starting positions as many times as you like.

That'll take out the going into a level blind -> get bodied because Elise tried to duel Ryoma true combo, which was frankly quite annoying and a waste of like 20 stamina.

THANK YOU IS, I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THIS SINCE RELEASE.

The other changes are nice but REPOSITIONING.

The 99 will annoy me a little at first, since 100 is such a nice, round figure, but oh well xD Definitely an improvement on 50, and I can see why they kept it to the same amount of digits ^.^

Repositioning will be amazing, and earning more exp will help with the units that you used to need to baby (or those you plan to farm for skills but don't have any more shards to level them up that way).

Though, I just realized, Hones and Fortifies will still go off before you get to reposition, so some thought is still required during organization (or some trial and error...)

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I thought that first picture was the abiliuty to swap units on the field (probably with both units losing their movement to make it worse then the swap skill) but it's even better!

All three of these are good changes.

Good stuff all around. Still wonder why the prep screen wasn't included in the game from the start, though...

Also, a horrible thought crossed my mind: what if they start increasing the stamina cost of future missions after the stamina cap increase? Are you ready for missions that require 40 stamina?

22 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Good stuff all around. Still wonder why the prep screen wasn't included in the game from the start, though...

Also, a horrible thought crossed my mind: what if they start increasing the stamina cost of future missions after the stamina cap increase? Are you ready for missions that require 40 stamina?

That might be the logical progression, when we go even further beyond (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) with story chapters.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Though, I just realized, Hones and Fortifies will still go off before you get to reposition, so some thought is still required during organization (or some trial and error...)

I don't think so. Even on the picture Sharena should have Hone skill but judging from Alphonse, it hasn't buffed him yet. Probably all buffs will activate strictly when you start the mission.

This is a very welcome life upgrade, great to see IS listening to player feedback like always.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

The 99 will annoy me a little at first, since 100 is such a nice, round figure, but oh well xD Definitely an improvement on 50, and I can see why they kept it to the same amount of digits ^.^

Repositioning will be amazing, and earning more exp will help with the units that you used to need to baby (or those you plan to farm for skills but don't have any more shards to level them up that way).

Is there something I'm missing here? In the current version of the game, if you use a stamina potion and your current stamina is not zero, it will carry over as excess stamina (i.e. 54/50) to keep it from being wasted. Assuming that stays the same, wouldn't it be possible to have as much as 197 stamina when the new update drops? Otherwise, any excess stamina is wasted.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

This is a very welcome life upgrade, great to see IS listening to player feedback like always.

Is there something I'm missing here? In the current version of the game, if you use a stamina potion and your current stamina is not zero, it will carry over as excess stamina (i.e. 54/50) to keep it from being wasted. Assuming that stays the same, wouldn't it be possible to have as much as 197 stamina when the new update drops? Otherwise, any excess stamina is wasted.

maybe stamina potions will still only restore 50

the description on the my nintendo site is "Gives +50 Stamina."

Just now, unique said:

maybe stamina potions will still only restore 50

the description on the my nintendo site is "Gives +50 Stamina."

The tweet says that the amount restored by stamina potions will be raised to 99, so that seems unlikely.