Anyone able to tell if this is a real fire emblem gba cartridge?

I'm looking into buying fire emblem gba(2003) I've dealt with having to do research to make sure gba games I buy are not fake (pokemon) but the 2003 fire emblem is a lot more expensive, making to more annoying to think you found a good deal, I found this one without a label for $25, but I am unable to tell without the label since I check for the indented numbers, I know there is a way to tell with the screw on the back but I'm not 100 percent sure. I know I can just get a fake one for a lot cheaper but i'd rather have a real one that will also work way better.

Screenshot_2017-03-27-17-23-51.png

Screenshot_2017-03-27-17-23-38.png

honestly? i'd say don't risk it

fake gba games are super common nowadays (I think I might've actually bought one myself once, but it never actually arrived so I got a refund) and usually the label is the easiest way to tell but there's no picture here

besides they could easily just be giving you some other game that they took the label off of

so yeah I'd say look for one where you can make sure it's real

Edited by unique

If you really want to play the original Fire Emblem (as in, the first one that was brought to NA), I strongly suggest going through the VC.

The other issue with the cartridge is that it might not retain a save game after all of this time (mine doesn't).

Edited by eclipse

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you really want to play the original Fire Emblem (as in, the first one that was brought to NA), I strongly suggest going through the VC.

The other issue with the cartridge is that it might not retain a save game after all of this time (mine doesn't).

The main thing is sure I could get it on VC but its only avalible for Wii u and I have no interest in getting it on there since i prefer handheld, i like to collect game boy games and would rather have the cartridge. I think I'll keep looking though, the pictures don't give enough proof, thank you all for your help

I'm holding 2 Fire Emblem cartridges right now, and the Nintendo logo font in your picture looks a little bit off. It's hard to tell though with the glare in the picture.

A big red flag though is that both of my cartridges are model no. "AGB-002". Your picture shows "AGB-004".

The screw also appears to be flat on the top in your picture. They should be rounded.

Virtual Console is definitely the way to go.

edit: If you are into collecting check to see if there are any Flea Markets nearby or used game stores since Ebay sellers are going to want way too much. Got both of mine at Flea markets for like $20 or less.

Edited by Hawk King

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

I'm holding 2 Fire Emblem cartridges right now, and the Nintendo logo font in your picture looks a little bit off. It's hard to tell though with the glare in the picture.

A big red flag though is that both of my cartridges are model no. "AGB-002". Your picture shows "AGB-004".

The screw also appears to be flat on the top in your picture. They should be rounded.

This is the most reliable tell that you're dealing with a bootleg cartridge.  The serial code for GBA cartridges is AGB-002.  AGB-004 is the serial code for the battery pack charger.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

edit: If you are into collecting check to see if there are any Flea Markets nearby or used game stores since Ebay sellers are going to want way too much. Got both of mine at Flea markets for like $20 or less.

Thank you, yeah I know its on virtual console but I prefer handheld, i also love to collect game boy cartridge of things I like, I've called almost every game store nearby nobody had one, but most are unreliable and would over price it even if they had it. My favorite one didn't have it, but yeah I noticed the screw in pretty sure its fake, I might keep looking on craigslist, I haven't tried fleamarkets in awhile so I guess I'll try there, thank you for your help.

Edited by JuniorMintyFresh

• 2 months later...

My cart that I've had for 10+ years recently HARD reset itself. I'm using it in a ds lite and for several years now the cart wouldn't register in the ds from time to time. Is this a sign that my cartridge is done for? I'm pretty upset because I had an S rank HHM run and support conversation was at 95% ??

I figured I'd make a comment about this but if I'm necroposting I can just start a new thread

Edited by Randombobman