Jump to content
Thany

Easter event soon?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Raven said:

It's definitely real; they wouldn't make new artwork, chibis, and record new voice lines for something so trivial as April fools.

See, that's what they want you to think!

Nintendo: "Surprise it's actually Ike!"

(chuckles under breath) "Bunny Xander. Good one."

Lol. I'm sure you're right, though.

....pretty sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One nice side of this for me is that I don't have the original versions of any of these characters yet, so any of them would still be a new character, although I know I'll be getting Xander through the GHB eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sprite assets take time to make, and they probably haven't figured out how they want to implement the non-dragon shapeshifters yet.

Yeah I know, it's understable was just kidding haha

Also Easter Xander can bond with Leo as they talk about tomatoes and carrots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Oh believe me, it's real.

....or the most epic April fools day in Nintendo history.

That will be the only April fool I am happy to accept.  Lol

40 minutes ago, Raven said:

It's definitely real; they wouldn't make new artwork, chibis, and record new voice lines for something so trivial as April fools.

But hey... 

It is Japan we are talking about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That banner is glorious, I can't stop laughing. I especially love the over the top, hammy voice acting.

Frankly I doubt I'm going to pull, but I really appreciate the sense of humor involved. And alternate Camilla certainly answers my past concerns about lack of ranged fliers in a way.

7 hours ago, Ether said:

It depends. Some games are liberal with seasonal events, some do a bunch of them, We don't know how Heroes will handle it. Christmas, New Years, Easter, Halloween, the solstices, summer, it's all viable event material. And they're all going to be silly, so if you are looking for serious versions of characters, look elsewhere.

Implying swimsuit Bea in February isn't totally serious business.

Off the top of my head, every mobage I know seems to do at least Christmas, New years and Summer, and almost all do Halloween. After that it's bit more random, Easter's certainly a new one for me (though now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen a mobage hold a seasonal banner in Spring so it makes sense).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Off the top of my head, every mobage I know seems to do at least Christmas, New years and Summer, and almost all do Halloween. After that it's bit more random, Easter's certainly a new one for me (though now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen a mobage hold a seasonal banner in Spring so it makes sense).

April 1st is the first day of the school year in Japan, so Tales of Asteria does a school uniform gacha every year around this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this thread blew up.

The designs are pretty ridiculous on the one hand, but on the other, I kind of like the effort that went into this just to do something goofy for the player base. If I remember correctly, the interview with the devs mentioned how the game would have small spots of comic relief like this in the form of xenologues and holiday events, so in hindsight this wasn't unexpected.

As for the units themselves, I'm most likely pulling on the banner. Mage flier has a ton of potential--I got a Hinoka with hone fliers to abuse it with--and I still need a good blue mage and green axe. Xander with potential Distant Carrot (patent pending) is crazy too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ice Dragon said:

April 1st is the first day of the school year in Japan, so Tales of Asteria does a school uniform gacha every year around this time.

Suddenly the school gacha in Puzzle and Dragons and school uniform skins for the zodiacs in Granblue Fantasy make a lot more sense. You have opened my eyes to the truth.

It's weird I never connected the dots on that one though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh, am I the only one getting flashbacks to the first event Overwatch did? You know, the one themed around the Olympic Games? Everyone was pissed because you had to rely on the RNG to get exclusive items which were only available for a limited time... It meant you either had to play the game obsessively or shell out real money in order to get as many loot boxes as possible and increase your odds of scoring the item you wanted before it vanished forever. Except, back then it was only cosmetic items up for grabs. Here we've got unique units to play for, one of which is the first and only ranged flier in the game. I'm really not sure how to feel about it to be honest. As long as the new limited time units aren't too overpowered I guess it shouldn't be too bad...?

Still, if one undoubtedly good thing has come from this it's that ranged fliers are finally a thing. It should add another layer of complexity to the game and now evil waifu Aversa actually stands a chance of making it into heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every gacha type game does these seasonal and holiday events, I personally really like them. It's just a fun time, which I have no problem with.

I'm looking forward to it, I probably won't get to roll much since I'm a bit low on orbs, but oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I really wanted Lucina and failed at getting her on all the other banners, but I don't know if I'll roll for her this time. I'm not feeling any of these costumes, except maybe Camilla. Figures she's the character I already have 3 normal versions of. I'll probably roll for her anyway since it's exclusive for at least a year.

Hate the bunny Xander and Chrom though, they just look too ridiculous to me.

Designs aside, Camilla looks pretty awesome if she is indeed a ranged flier. I'll be curious to see her stats too, given they're already pretty mediocre as a regular flier, and a ranged one they may want to make them even lower.

Edited by Alkaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Taxon said:

Ooooh, am I the only one getting flashbacks to the first event Overwatch did? You know, the one themed around the Olympic Games? Everyone was pissed because you had to rely on the RNG to get exclusive items which were only available for a limited time... It meant you either had to play the game obsessively or shell out real money in order to get as many loot boxes as possible and increase your odds of scoring the item you wanted before it vanished forever. Except, back then it was only cosmetic items up for grabs. Here we've got unique units to play for, one of which is the first and only ranged flier in the game. I'm really not sure how to feel about it to be honest. As long as the new limited time units aren't too overpowered I guess it shouldn't be too bad...?

Still, if one undoubtedly good thing has come from this it's that ranged fliers are finally a thing. It should add another layer of complexity to the game and now evil waifu Aversa actually stands a chance of making it into heroes.

I'm mostly fine with it because there hasn't been a worthwhile orb expenditure for me in over a month. I decided not to go for ninian, so I've got a massive stockpile just sitting there. But I can imagine this would be quite frustrating for some people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dragonlordsd said:

I'm mostly fine with it because there hasn't been a worthwhile orb expenditure for me in over a month. I decided not to go for ninian, so I've got a massive stockpile just sitting there. But I can imagine this would be quite frustrating for some people.

I can attest to your imagining..

I blew pretty much all the free orbs we've gotten during Ninian's banner trying to get her and failed. I also failed to get Effie and Lucina when they had their banners the week before Ninian. I'm sitting at 17 orbs right now and wish I would have never bothered with Ninian. I never even played her game, I just wanted a good blue/dancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I'm mostly fine with it because there hasn't been a worthwhile orb expenditure for me in over a month. I decided not to go for ninian, so I've got a massive stockpile just sitting there. But I can imagine this would be quite frustrating for some people.

I wish I had resisted pulling. I'd have so many orbs for this event. But I didn't resist... I am weak >.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if I don't manage to pull either of those adorable bunnies, I'm definitely making wallpapers for all of them. ^^ I love the art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luchi said:

Even if I don't manage to pull either of those adorable bunnies, I'm definitely making wallpapers for all of them. ^^ I love the art.

Can't wait for Lucina's :):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad they've made it equal genders. So many games seem to focus on only doing special costumes for girls and forgetting their guys. I'm liking Xander and Chrom more. I really hope I get them with the few orbs I have left... or the new April missions boost up my orbs to good amounts again :) Not sure I can afford more whaling >.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay...Now I'm sad. Chrom is actually adorable. But I don't need more axes....Plus I was going to save orbs for all the Echoes banner...Even if it breaks my heart not to have our first flying mage either, I'm going to have to pass on this banner. As a collector and f2p I'm depressed that I won't have copies of these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kiran said:

Okay...Now I'm sad. Chrom is actually adorable.

We can agree to disagree on that one :dry:

He better have some bangin stats though cause it's about time the only good ax users in the game changes from 2 characters to 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've saved up 120 orbs once again after dumping the previous 130 or so I'd saved into the current FE7 focus. I will be sure to spend my orbs only on blue and green summons this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...