Easter event soon?

Thany

12 minutes ago, Dolce said:

Tbh I'm not a big fan of what they're doing for the Easter event. The costumes themselves are adorable because they fit for Easter but, at least in my opinion, I'm thinking "... these characters once had dignity. Now they're wearing bunny outfits."

I'll still try to pull though because ayy limited edition and I don't have any of the special characters yet.. and I would lol every time I looked at their outfit.

Anyways, I'm sure there are still plenty of fans that like what they've decided to do haha.

I'm not usually a fan of thoroughly impractical armor, but when it's deliberately being played for silliness for a special event, I don't mind.  I don't really care for Camilla's design, though I'll admit that it's not really any worse than her current design (then again, how could it be without having to blur out most of her image?)

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally something I want to roll on. Not quite sure about the outfits other than Xander's, but that's because Xander somehow makes everything look good. My box could basically use any of what I'd draw (especially the tomes and especially especially a flying mage) other than Xander, but I'd be okay if he showed up anyway because that outfit, man.

If we're talking sexualized male characters, I don't think anything beats Volug as far as FE goes. 

As for the banner, I think the outfits are cute and I'll pull from it at least until I get one of them. I'm kind of a sucker for limited versions of characters and I know I'll regret it later if I pass on it. 

19 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

But that's the thing, people find different things attractive. Its why the idea is inevitably flawed, because it is literally impossible to make someone appealing to every person.

Agreed. I find many outfits with a great more coverage more appealing than skimpy outfits (although I wouldn't call any outfit sexy, they're just pieces of cloth). 

As for family-friendly, eh. A swimsuit isn't okay but a game in which the whole objective is to slaughter the opposition is? Granted, there's no actual blood in the Fire Emblem series, but as a whole I find violence is considered to be far more acceptable for kids than a bit of nudity, at least in U.S. culture, and that disturbs me more. Should I refrain from taking my kids to the beach at summertime?

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm not usually a fan of thoroughly impractical armor, but when it's deliberately being played for silliness for a special event, I don't mind. 

Yeah, I can see the case against absurd armor in the actual games, but in Heroes, I don't see a problem with it. 

6 minutes ago, Res said:

Agreed. I find many outfits with a great more coverage more appealing than skimpy outfits (although I wouldn't call any outfit sexy, they're just pieces of cloth). 

As for family-friendly, eh. A swimsuit isn't okay but a game in which the whole objective is to slaughter the opposition is? Granted, there's no actual blood in the Fire Emblem series, but as a whole I find violence is considered to be far more acceptable for kids than a bit of nudity, at least in U.S. culture, and that disturbs me more. Should I refrain from taking my kids to the beach at summertime?

Yeah, I can see the case against absurd armor in the actual games, but in Heroes, I don't see a problem with it. 

There's a difference between wearing a swimsuit in the middle of a battle and going to the beach in one though. And as for the violence thing, it refers more to real life violence. Cartoon violence is silly, unrealistic, and goofy. Blood, gore, stabbing, gunshots, etc. is on another level entirely.

And what disturbs me, personally, is that in Japan, it seems to be acceptable for children to have sex and give birth. Elise can't be more than 13 and you can literally make her have a baby! Sakura is too young for this too, imo.

I'm not saying the US doesn't have any culture flaws (it does), but I don't think the view on violence is really one of them, and other countries have flaws here too.

Edited by Anacybele

I think what matters for me is context. For example, I find Camilla's original design not very tasteful because she's supposed to be riding on a wyvern and fight and shit, and yet her design includes a visibly detached thong. In context that just feels ridiculous because thongs are the last thing you want to wear as your only-and-outermost legwear when you're fighting on a mount, and the detachedness creates a visual break from the armor that is very jarring aesthetically. I still wouldn't have liked it, but even a leotard would've been better. But in a context of some silly spring gatcha or the beach dlc, I don't honestly give a shit how silly the outfits are because the context itself is already silly and for fun.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

There's a difference between wearing a swimsuit in the middle of a battle and going to the beach in one though. And as for the violence thing, it refers more to real life violence. Cartoon violence is silly, unrealistic, and goofy. Blood, gore, stabbing, gunshots, etc. is on another level entirely.

And what disturbs me, personally, is that in Japan, it seems to be acceptable for children to have sex and give birth. Elise can't be more than 13 and you can literally make her have a baby! Sakura is too young for this too, imo.

I'm not saying the US doesn't have any culture flaws (it does), but other countries have flaws here too.

I know, Elise looks like 12, but apparently she's older than Effie

Just now, BestFriendJ0 said:

I know, Elise looks like 12, but apparently she's older than Effie

...Seriously? That makes no sense to me, Effie looks far older. But that's Japan for you, I guess... Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh is 16, but he looks ten. And the Japanese version makes it even worse by giving him a voice that sounds like a 5 year old. I know this because I watched season 0 and my god, Yugi in that version is awful, imo.

Just now, Anacybele said:

...Seriously? That makes no sense to me, Effie looks far older. But that's Japan for you, I guess... Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh is 16, but he looks ten. And the Japanese version makes it even worse by giving him a voice that sounds like a 5 year old. I know this because I watched season 0 and my god, Yugi in that version is awful, imo.

She is older just in the localization.... you know,just to avoid this kind of thing. 

Also,nevermind that the first generation dancer in Genealogy is 14 when you met her... Who knows how old is she when gives birth to her children. 

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

She is older just in the localization.... you know,just to avoid this kind of thing. 

Also,nevermind that the first generation dancer in Genealogy is 14 when you met her... Who knows how old is she when gives birth to her children. 

Yeah, but that game makes it possible that she was a little older, right? Just like FE6 implies that Nino was at least 20 when she had Raigh and Lugh, not 14 which is her age in FE7?

And yeah, figures localization would've done some things. xP

Anyway...this is getting pretty off topic though, so...what do we do to get back on topic? I guess I'll say that I hope non-3DS characters can eventually get special outfits like these in the future too (the CYL ones aside). Because that's not all that's popular or important. I'm still rather tired of the 3DS games getting a lot more attention than the rest. The poll proved that plenty of characters from other games are really popular too. Maybe for Halloween, give us Ephraim, Hector, Micaiah, and Lyn? I could say Ike too, but he'll already get at least three versions of himself, so that could be overkill.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

But in a context of some silly spring gatcha or the beach dlc, I don't honestly give a shit how silly the outfits are because the context itself is already silly and for fun.

In the name of Sigurd, the Seliph, and the Holy Naga, Amen.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not saying the US doesn't have any culture flaws (it does), but I don't think the view on violence is really one of them, and other countries have flaws here too.

That is asian culture in general??? middle eastern is worse tbh so meh. Japan is awesome compared to corrupt US. In fact I find our culture to be mroe corrupt. But tht is just me. Dont shit on my elise waifu kappa. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but that game makes it possible that she was a little older, right? Just like FE6 implies that Nino was at least 20 when she had Raigh and Lugh, not 14 which is her age in FE7?

Anyway...this is getting pretty off topic though, so...what do we do to get back on topic? I guess I'll say that I hope non-3DS characters can eventually get special outfits like these in the future too (the CYL ones aside). Because that's not all that's popular or important. I'm still rather tired of the 3DS games getting a lot more attention than the rest. The poll proved that plenty of characters from other games are really popular too.

I definitely want more Genealogy and Thracia characters. Arvis Summer BBQ plz

Who else would you want to see and what sort of silly event would you want to see them in?

Just now, BestFriendJ0 said:

I definitely want more Genealogy and Thracia characters. Arvis Summer BBQ plz

Who else would you want to see and what sort of silly event would you want to see them in?

Halloween themes have infinate possibilities I would love to see an angelic and devil theme though.

15 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

But in a context of some silly spring gatcha or the beach dlc, I don't honestly give a shit how silly the outfits are because the context itself is already silly and for fun.

I'll third this sentiment!

And I definitely didn't say that U.S. culture was any worse than any other. However, we were discussing skimpy outfits, not the breeding of young teenagers. 

23 minutes ago, Jave said:

If we're talking sexualized male characters, I don't think anything beats Volug as far as FE goes. 

As for the banner, I think the outfits are cute and I'll pull from it at least until I get one of them. I'm kind of a sucker for limited versions of characters and I know I'll regret it later if I pass on it. 

The level of sexualization of shirtless muscle guys is another thing that's very overstated. Like most of the other stuff that's been mentioned, it's for the male power fantasy, not for the sex appeal.

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

Halloween themes have infinate possibilities I would love to see an angelic and devil theme though.

I would actually love them to flip stereotypes if they did something like that. Like having the stereotypically "pure" characters like Elise dressed up in a devil costume, for example. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would actually love them to flip stereotypes if they did something like that. Like having the stereotypically "pure" characters like Elise dressed up in a devil costume, for example. 

wholly crap you are a genius xD I would dump all my money on a devil elise :3 my life would be complete. my dreams fulfilled xD

1 minute ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Arvis Summer BBQ plz

Arvis's Summertime BBQ and the (Re-)Return of Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride.

7 minutes ago, Shiro said:

That is asian culture in general??? middle eastern is worse tbh so meh. Japan is awesome compared to corrupt US. In fact I find our culture to be mroe corrupt. But tht is just me. Dont shit on my elise waifu kappa. 

We're corrupt? lol no. Sure, right now we have some major tension going on, but the US is actually far more acceptable of things like LGBT+ than other nations are and is generally safer than other nations too. A lot of immigrants came here for a reason. We have our own issues to deal with, yes, but we're better off than a lot of people in the world.

Now the way some Americans think...that's another matter entirely. Some of us are becoming too entitled and taking what we have for granted.

Also, nobody is shitting on Elise? I actually love her, fyi.

BBQ Arvis would be sad. :(

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Now I can't stop imagining Sonia in an Angel costume and a look of absolute disgust and misery on her face. Would be just too funny.

EDIT: I really hope people from IS browse these forums, but just in case they don't, I'm going to use the feedback feature in FE Heroes.

Edited by BestFriendJ0
Another thought

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyway...this is getting pretty off topic though, so...what do we do to get back on topic? I guess I'll say that I hope non-3DS characters can eventually get special outfits like these in the future too (the CYL ones aside). Because that's not all that's popular or important. I'm still rather tired of the 3DS games getting a lot more attention than the rest. The poll proved that plenty of characters from other games are really popular too. Maybe for Halloween, give us Ephraim, Hector, Micaiah, and Lyn? I could say Ike too, but he'll already get at least three versions of himself, so that could be overkill.

While I personally don't care for him and I don't want both PoR and RD Ike in the game (two of what to me is essentially the same character), I see no reason for him not to have more outfits. He's a very popular character and he does deserve some more seasonal events because of that ^.^ Maybe they're saving him for a summer special ;)

11 minutes ago, Luchi said:

Summer FE4 BBQ for the win.

This. And I just read about the Battle of Belhalla last night too. AGGGH. Talk about crushing my heart. Again.

Better give us an extra crispy Sigurd then.

Edited by Falcom

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

While I personally don't care for him and I don't want both PoR and RD Ike in the game (two of what to me is essentially the same character), I see no reason for him not to have more outfits. He's a very popular character and he does deserve some more seasonal events because of that ^.^ Maybe they're saving him for a summer special ;)

We have two Tikis though, so it wouldn't be fair not to have both Ikes too... But yeah, true.