Question About Pairing up Julia in FE4

Mareeta776

So this is really about something I read recently on Julia's wiki page saying she could technically fall in love with any guy (not including Seliph) by standing next to him for 100 turns. Is this really a thing?  As someone who's wanted Julia and Ares together as badly as I have, this got me pretty excited. Could anyone confirm this works for me? And would it technically work for Altena too?

Note: Game Genie and other forms of codes aren't going to work here as I have the game's rom in a repro cart I play on my SNES (not via emulator). I tried that and all I got was an ironic anti-piracy screen.

If I remember correctly, I once made Yulia fall in love with Arthur. I think. It's been a while.
Logically, making her fall in love with Ares should be possible. Waiting turns is the easiest way to give lovers to people.

However, I"m sure that Altena cannot have a lover, for story reasons. A shame.

Holy crap, you play it on console ? That's badass !

There is nothing but the 50-turn limit stopping anyone from falling in love with Julia. The only problem, as you have mentioned, is the waiting for 100 turns while next to each other. Since love does not grow after turn 50, you'll need to spend lots of time with units glued together if you want Julia with not-Celice. In your case of Aless, say you recruit him on turn 30 of Chapter 7 and spend the remaining turns allowed with them next to each other. This means they'll have 20 adjacent turns, or 100 points. There is no point waiting around after turn 50, as this will not count. Then you spend all of Chapter 8 with the two next to each other, giving 50 adjacent turns and 250 points, for a total of 350. Then on turn 30 of chapter 9, the two should fall in love, as they'll hit 100 turns next to each other, get the 500 points, and then tie the knot. This only leaves 20 turns of leeway before Manfloy does his thing, so be careful in case you have Aless go murder a horde of enemies without Julia. You can get points in the endgame, but that requires one to play quickly in order to reach Julia before turn 50. Best play it safe and get them together before Chapter 9 ends.

As for Altenna, she can't fall in love. Game mechanics say she can't gain any love points, and there would be very little time for any potential pairings anyway. Dammit Arion.

You should also note that no matter who Julia ends up marrying, the ending won't change and they'll go their separate ways during the epilogue like when a daughter ends up inheriting a title. It's pretty disappointing.

Thanks everyone! Definitely going to try this on my next playtrhough! (I had assumed since Julia had no love growths I couldn't pair her at all)

@B.Leu Yeah, I bought a specially made SNES cart with the English patch on it (not the Project Naga one, the one that came before... Gharnef patch I think it's called) and did the same for Mystery of the Emblem and Thracia. There's a good number of sites where you can buy 'em, but I found mine here.

@Darrman So I'll just keep Julia and Ares glued to each other for the first 50 turns of Chapter 8 and 9, shouldn't be too hard to do especially since they're both pretty strong units.

@Oshimos Well in the version I have the epilogue and credits are all in gibberish should it wouldn't really matter anyway. (once when I reached the point where it said what happened to Verdane it just froze.)