New 7 minute video

3 minutes ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

Probably does not matter as much but you can see her battle model at least

Hide contents

Screenshot from 2017-03-28 22-27-23.png

Oh wait that was her? the Blonde hair kind of threw me off.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Berkut and Fernand in battle. Berkut is a Gold Knight, whereas Fernand is a lowly Paladin. 

BerkutBattle.png

And it looks like it's Map 1 from chapter 4. That chapter had a generic boss who these two seem to have replaced.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

4 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

Wait, really...? 

Hide contents

I'm seriously starting to fear that Zeke is being left out...

The Gold Knight we see at the mid-end point sure looks like Zeke(Blonde hair, bright blue armor), so I'm pretty sure he hasn't been left out. Maybe he won't be as big of a deal, but I'm pretty sure he's still there.

Edited by Slumber

10 minutes ago, escotanner said:

BTW, it's safe to say Nuibaba no longer looks like, to quote Ghast, "the hobgoblin"....good to know.

like from spider man?

Spoiler

BkirP2d.png

ZWdJDAY.png

hm yeah I can kind of see that

58db1caa558a0_ScreenShot2017-03-28at7_31_28PM.png.f68af254fbe26599aa7a0b529e788b45.png

I still can't get over this. Why did you bone the sage design so hard IS? 

Am I the only one who is angry about this? most likely

Look at the original sage design. It didn't have a bloody dress.

58db1d9225478_ScreenShot2017-03-28at7_35_41PM.png.919ad6519905e207fcbf38302610cf7a.png

Edited by Leif

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Oh wait that was her? the Blonde hair kind of threw me off.

Yeah we've seen her sprite a couple of times and she has blonde hair (probably to match her brother now) and a headpiece(don't know a word for the metal headband thing she is rocking) so I can't imagine who else that could be.

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The Gold Knight we see at the mid-end point sure looks like Zeke(Blonde hair, bright blue armor), so I'm pretty sure he hasn't been left out. Maybe he won't be as big of a deal, but I'm pretty sure he's still there.

I think that was a promoted Clive. 

5 minutes ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

Yeah we've seen her sprite a couple of times and she has blonde hair (probably to match her brother now) and a headpiece(don't know a word for the metal headband thing she is rocking) so I can't imagine who else that could be.

Thanks, I kinda like it, I need a portrait now haha.

I don't think they added any other new playable units after Faye (though it's too soon to say). The chapter with the turnwheel demonstration had 15 units, 14 original and Faye. I'm only saying on Alm's route though...

Hopefully they squeeze a few characters in before the end..

I'm lovin' the new Catria.  The Barbarian design looks pretty cool as well, though since it's Atlas, that pretty much means that any villager we get on Celica's side will be a new one.  Of course, that's assuming he isn't a villager.  Regardless, I think he looks a lot cooler here than his original self.

I'm beginning to really like this artist.  Now I have to wonder how they touched up the other Whitewings.

@Jedi I also really like May's redesign.  Time will tell if I'll like her as a character, but she does look nice.

2 minutes ago, Vier Mill said:

Wait, really...? 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm seriously starting to fear that Zeke is being left out...

I mean...  They have yet to remove a character from Gaiden, so I can't imagine they'd do so with our not-so-illusive friend... maybe...

Spoiler

Plus, the Whitewings are here, and they're all from Archanea.  It makes perfect sense to see "Zeke" here as well.

23 minutes ago, Leif said:

A. Smaller cast.

B. No reclassing aside from 5 villagers. 

I just get tired of seeing units' battle models not match their portraits. Some units look better unprompted. 

Gaiden's cast isn't substantially smaller than, for example, Sacred Stones's. This game also has three promotion tiers and at least five villagers; the villagers alone would be 15 portraits apiece (four classes with three portraits, mage, sage, and villager) for a total of 75. There are also around eight characters that would need three portraits and around a dozen that would need two. This ignores any potential new characters besides Faye, as well as boss portraits, generic portraits, and phantoms that would need to be done anyway... basically, it's not practical, especially for a game that probably only exists to be a low-budget stopgap anyway.

I can almost certainly say that the sales increase that they would get from doing this is not enough to justify the price of commissioning about a hundred extra portraits from Hidari.

Noo.... ZEKE!  He will be missed.  Seriously.  It would ruin his ending in New Mystery.  Why Remove Zeke?  To make room for some bland-ass Berkut guy who looks to be as generic a villian as Caelach?  

Also, is that Really Nuibaba?  Really?  Because they wouldn't have just changed his sex, would they?

Lastly, Catria looks Gorgeous, Atlas looks like he's holding up the world with his muscles, and to top it all off....

Spoiler

It's Cain.

Edited by Lord Tullus

It would seem that they're purposely not showing him. It's pretty big spoiler, afterall and it's easy to hide back in the old days of simple portraits that often got reused but hiding it now will full art is impossible.

17 minutes ago, Leif said:

58db1caa558a0_ScreenShot2017-03-28at7_31_28PM.png.f68af254fbe26599aa7a0b529e788b45.png

I still can't get over this. Why did you bone the sage design so hard IS? 

Am I the only one who is angry about this? most likely

Look at the original sage design. It didn't have a bloody dress.

58db1d9225478_ScreenShot2017-03-28at7_35_41PM.png.919ad6519905e207fcbf38302610cf7a.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is not the Sage in the upper picture Faye? Unless she's the cavalier left of Lukas.

Keep in mind in Gaiden only males could be sages, being a promotion path from the only male Villagers, so maybe this is just what female sages look, now that there can be female sages.

Or if that's actually male sage look... so what? Never seen a man kick ass in a dress before?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You can see Tatiana's map sprite in one of the battles, so for the people worried about Zeke, he's most likely still in. They can't reveal everyone at once, so they're probably saving him for later to build the anticipation.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is not the Sage in the upper picture Faye? Unless she's the cavalier left of Lukas.

Keep in mind in Gaiden only males could be sages, being a promotion path from the only male Villagers, so maybe this is just what female sages look, now that there can be female sages.

Or if that's actually male sage look... so what? Never seen a man kick ass in a dress before?

That's Kliff. Super "Kawaii" Kilff.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Besides... so what? Never seen a man kick ass in a dress before?

That's Kliff. Faye is seen as a Cavalier / Paladin.

I'm not going to fuss over the design though. It kind of looks nice. But the headpiece of the sage at the end though...

1 minute ago, Lord Tullus said:

Noo.... ZEKE!  He will be missed.  Seriously.  It would ruin his ending in New Mystery.  Why Remove Zeke?  To make room for some bland-ass Berkut guy who looks to be as generic a villian as Caelach?  

Also, is that Really Nuibaba?  Really?  Because they wouldn't have just changed his sex, would they?

It does indeed seem like Nuibaba is a girl now. Their spell was Medusa, so there's a little bit of logic behind it, but... yeah, I can't really think of anything else to justify that.

I doubt that Zeke is gone, considering that Gaiden's relevance to Archanea centers almost entirely around him. Even if he's not crucial as a unit, Tatiana is, and he's crucial to her. They're probably just trying to avoid showing him for whatever reason.

Removing him would be like removing Minerva from Shadow Dragon. Yeah, you could make it work I guess, but you'd lose one of the most important subplots and characters in the process.