What classes are you going to make the Villagers?

Villager Class Poll  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Tobin

2. 2. Grey

3. 3. Kliff

4. 4. Faye

5. 5. Atlus

Welp, the hype's starting to get to me.
After having seen all five of the Villagers, what are my fellow denizens of the forest planning to promote them into?
I'll probably roll "canon classes" (which seem to be the optimal ones for most of them anyway), so Tobin = Archer, Gray = Mercenary, Kliff = Mage, Faye = Pegasus Knight, and Atlus = Mercenary (this'll probably fluctuate; he just looks like he'd be swinging around a giant sword).

Note: Due to the forum redesign, you can not delete/edit your votes.

EDIT: Due to recent reveals, Faye's section has been restructured. If you voted for soldier, archer, or mercenary, I'm sorry-- her class set is Pegasus Knight, Cavalier, Mage, and Cleric.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'll be going with the canon classes as well.

Tobin (Archer), Gray (Merc), Kliff (Mage), Faye (Peg.Kn)

and then Atlas will be a Soldier, only because I like the Soldier's design in Echoes, but Celica's team only has an Armor.

Grey is gonna be a merc since it is his arguably best class, but also Alm has none.

Tobin is gonna be an archer since if he is as bad as in Gaiden, at least he'll be able to do chip damage from 5 spaces.

Kliff is gonna be a mage cause it is his best class by far.

Faye is gonna be a mage also since then she'll become a priestess, but will be inferior to Celica and will live in her shadow more than she already does cause Alm will always choose Celica over Faye and I'm horrible.

Finally, Atlas is gonna be a soldier cause Celica's squad kind of needs that extra bulk also Atlas has amazing strength and with that bulk, he will be a wall.

Edited by Azz

5 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Yeah, I'll be going with the canon classes as well.

Tobin (Archer), Gray (Merc), Kliff (Mage), Faye (Peg.Kn)

and then Atlas will be a Soldier, only because I like the Soldier's design in Echoes, but Celica's team only has an Armor.

Yeah but that armor is also Valbo, not like you need any others once you have the Great Wall

Gray (Merc), Tobin (Archer) and Kliff (Mage) will be their canon classes because i'm boring (and also because it's to best class for them as everyone already said.)

Faye will be a Peg Knight because even through it looks like Cav is her official class (to me atleast) I just like Peg Knights more then Cavs.

Atlas will be a Cav because that's what I made him in Gaiden (which is probably why I remember him being as awful as Tobin. Hahaha.)

I feel like Alm's route has such limited class availability (fucking everybody uses lances jfc) that the villagers sorta need to fill specific niches, but it will be fun to see what I can do with Atlas and his glorious sun-crushing pecs.

I'm pretty rolling with the "canon" classes in my first playthrough EXCEPT Faye will be a Peg Knight. I really want to see Faye as a Mercenary as well, but that'll probably be in another run. I think Alm having a second Falcoknight can be pretty huge for him, especially on certain maps.

Faye seems cool and Falcoknights were effective against monsters in Gaiden IIRC, so Pegasus Knight for her (Pegs are also my second favourite class). As for the other 4, I'm pretty sure they weren't that great Mages back in the original, so I'll probably reclass each one into one of the remaining four classes (Mercenary, Cavalier, Archer, Soldier). I know Alm doesn't have a lot of weapon variety, but my decisions will probably be based on my mood when I'll get to promote them.

Gonna mix things up a bit:

Tobin: Mercenary

Gray: Mage

Kliff: Soldier

Faye: Archer

Atlas: Cavalier

5 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

Faye seems cool and Falcoknights were effective against monsters in Gaiden IIRC, so Pegasus Knight for her (Pegs are also my second favourite class). As for the other 4, I'm pretty sure they weren't that great Mages back in the original, so I'll probably reclass each one into one of the remaining four classes (Mercenary, Cavalier, Archer, Soldier). I know Alm doesn't have a lot of weapon variety, but my decisions will probably be based on my mood when I'll get to promote them.

Kliff's the only good mage

I guess I could wait for Japan to find out their bases and growths and see what fits better each of them in the remake, since their best classes from Gaiden may not apply anymore... though Alm will need a mage since he gets his first one mid-way chapter 3, and there's that annoying shield mercenary early on chapter 1.

Kliff will always be a mage since that was his best class. 

Gray and Tobin will be a mercenary and archer respectively.

Atlas will be a Cavalier since Celica gets none in her route.

Faye will be a Pegasus Knight because I get the feeling that she'll outshine Clair. 

3 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Faye's 'canon class' is peg knight? I thought it was cavalier.

We've seen her as both in promotional footage, with PK having more appearances.

3 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

Kliff was flat out superior to Luthier in the original actually. (Access to the same spells than Luthier  (at a generally better level as  well) + Aura) + Supperior growths (except Luck, but Kliff start with 10, so this is irrelevant.

Kliff: Mage

Gray: Mercenary 

Tobin: Archer

Faye:  Peg. Knight or Cavalier not sure(if she has less spd than def I'll most likely go peg and vice versa)

Atlas: I'll wait till Japan release and see what's best for him

Tobin's probably going to be an Archer if he's anywhere near as awful as he is in Gaiden, or just to have additional firepower.

Grey's going to be a Mercenary since he's good at it in the original Gaiden.

Kliff's going to be a Mage because he was amazing as one in Gaiden.

Faye's going to be a Mercenary, because anything that reduces the Cordelia vibes is appreciated I don't feel like Alm's army needs a second Pegasus Knight.

Atlas is going to be a Cavalier because Celica's route doesn't have any.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

We've seen her as both in promotional footage, with PK having more appearances.

Oh okay, then i guess she'll be going peg knight. Everyone else in their respective canon classes too

I'll probably do canon classes my first playthrough, so...

1. Tobin- Archer

2. Gray- Mercenary

3. Kliff- Mage

4. Faye- Peg Knight

5. Atlus - Cavalier (not sure if that's his canon, but I already made a merc and Celica doesn't get any cavaliers if I remember correctly. Plus some footage showed him as a cav)

However, I voted for my second run, which I'll get more creative, so...

1. Tobin- Soldier

2. Gray- Cavalier

3. Kliff- Archer (it kind of hurts me to put him as anything other than mage)

4. Faye- Mage

5. Atlus- Mercenary

I really want Mercenary Faye to happen, but there's no way I'm making Atlus a mage. On second thought, the idea of Atlus as a mage with the bulging muscles sounds hilarious to me. I may just do that instead. It may be a disaster, and I already have 3 other magic users, but it sounds too good to pass up now.

Typical Cliff/Grey/Tobin guy with Mage/Merc/Archer, but dammit if I won't put my foot down and make Faye a cavalier.

I know how good peg knights are, but we definitely need some more female cavaliers. With open spaces and fleeing enemies, that mov is just delicious.