New Skills on Easter Heroes

Ryu Yuki

It has come to my attention that we're suddenly getting an influx of several brand new skills; some perhaps competitively viable, and others making life more convenient for you. What is everyone's opinion on these new skills, and do you think they're worth inheriting on other units or not?

New Skills:

Xander/Camilla
Live For Honor / Live For Bounty:
If the unit survives, you get x1.5 normal badges from a Training Tower map. (Doesn't stack with similar effects)

Chrom
Axe Experience:
 If unit survives, all axe-users on team get 2x EXP. (Again, doesn't stack with similar effects)
Attack/Def +2: Grants Atk/Def +2

Lucina
Swift Sparrow: 
If unit initiates combat , unit granted Atk/Spd +4 during battle.

New Weapons:

Carrot Lance+: Mt 13
Green Egg+: Mt 11
Carrot Axe+: Mt 13
Blue Egg+: Mt 11

All have the same "If unit initiates attack, unit recovers 4 HP after the battle".

Personally speaking, Swift Sparrow looks very promising, and the weapons might be useful on tanky units. Anyone else have plans for these skills?

Chrom and Lucina's skills seem like the most useful, obviously. The Nohr royals' crest-farming skills are cute... ....and I wish I had anything better to say about that. Until the day when they let us trade those for feathers, those skills are pretty useless. Most of us have more badges than we have enough feathers to do anything with anyway.

Just now, r_n said:

I suspect Camilla's skill is a typo and is supposed to be for crystals & shards. The icon for it depicts shards while Xander's depicts badges.

I hope so. That'd be substantially more useful. 

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Chrom and Lucina's skills seem like the most useful, obviously. The Nohr royals' crest-farming skills are cute... ....and I wish I had anything better to say about that. Until the day when they let us trade those for feathers, those skills are pretty useless. Most of us have more badges than we have enough feathers to do anything with anyway.

It does feel like having a feather-generating version of those skills would be really nice. At the very least though, I do feel it makes Chrom kind of worth rolling even if they all turn out to be competitively worthless, since extra EXP would save you a fair amount of Stamina in the long run.

If Camilla is for crystals and shards, then she definitely useful for Tower Dailies. Also, Chrom's Axe Experience is nice to have. Xander's though for Badges? Useless.

As for the actual stuff though...

Attack/Def +2: Grants Atk/Def +2 [Honestly a straight up upgrade if it is in the "A" slot passive, since it grants a total of +4 stats than +3. This skill definitely has its uses on more defensive characters if not running Defiants and the like.]

Swift Sparrow: If unit initiates combat , unit granted Atk/Spd +4 during battle. [A union between Darting Blow and Death Blow. Due to the way the game calculates doubling, I suspect Swift Sparrow will become the best thing ever while the previous Blows are a thing of the past. The only reason to run the "pure" build is dependant on the character's SPD and now many units that character can double or not. Slow Characters will likely still rely on Death Blow while fast ones may opt for Darting Blow to gain that extra edge.

Also, this may end up being the new Life and Death for non-Brave users. Since L&D is mostly taken for the offensive anyways, losing 1 ATT & SPD on the offensive is nothing compared to losing 5 DEF & RES at all times. Sure, the character will not be able to hit hard when on the defensive, but they are not meant to do that in the first place. Braves may still keep L&D to make up for the SPD loss from the Brave Weapon, unless that character is super sonic to begin with, like Hana.]

New Weapons: The closest comparison is being +1 MT to Armorslayer & Gem Weapons but with a Heal Effect. Thing is, 4 HP is not really that substantial, especially if battles only last like 4 turns (so a max of 16 HP healed if attacking every turn). It has a niche that the number crunchers can figure out, but even then, I bet other weapons are superior.

In Japanese, Camilla's skill description is

豊穣の喜び

生存時、修練の塔クリア報酬の結晶入手量1.5倍

which translates to

Joy of Bountiful Harvest

If this unit survives, crystals rewarded for clearing the Training Tower increased 1.5 times

So yes, it's a typo in the English version.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, Camilla's skill description is

which translates to

So yes, it's a typo in the English version.

Oh seriously? Then it might actually be worth it, considering how rare Crystal(s) tend to be. I get shards 3/4 of the time, even though I make it a point to have my first battle of the day a deathless run on Tenth Stratum for the karma. A 50% boost to the few times I do get crystals would certainly be welcome...

Edited by Ryu Yuki

yes, swift sparrow is an interesting skill + Lucina has the Blue Egg and seal res so definitely going to put her on my main team, just pulled Lucina and Camilla a few hours ago, wish i got Chrom or Xander though. Didn't expect Camilla to be a Magic-Flier unit

Edited by Eruno

Does swift sparrow stack with other skills like spur and hone?

I pulled a Camilla right in the first pull in the new banner, but  the 2 subsequent pulls are really rubbish. (Except maybe -def Effie which I can feed to Hector).

1 hour ago, KuraiFede said:

Swift Sparrow seems very interesting, ATK/SPD +4 without lose bulk it's a great addition IMHO.

But pulling an Easter Lucina will be hard, so...

I got her in like 40 orbs and got Spring Chrom in about 80.  I'm hoping that the appearance rates are higher than posted because my bunny Camilla has forsaken me.  Although bunny Lucina is the cutest thing EVER!

9 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Does swift sparrow stack with other skills like spur and hone?

I pulled a Camilla right in the first pull in the new banner, but  the 2 subsequent pulls are really rubbish. (Except maybe -def Effie which I can feed to Hector).

It definitely stacks with Hone, but iirc skills like Death Blow and Spur Atk don't stack, because they're both in-battle buffs.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It definitely stacks with Hone, but iirc skills like Death Blow and Spur Atk don't stack, because they're both in-battle buffs.

There is no such thing as "in-battle buffs", buffs do not stack (hone, rally, defiant and etc). In battle bonuses do (Durandal, Blows, Spurs and etc).

Edited by Clogon

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

There is no such thing as "in-battle buffs", buffs do not stack. In battle bonuses do.

When I said "buffs", I meant the bonuses (literally one different word). But okay, so they do stack. Good to know.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

When I said "buffs", I meant the bonuses (literally one different word). But okay, so they do stack. Good to know.

"Buffs" in this game have a specific meaning. They last throughout the turn and boost -Blade Tomes. Your "one different word" refers to a completely different game mechanic.

6 minutes ago, Clogon said:

There is no such thing as "in-battle buffs", buffs do not stack (hone, rally, defiant and etc). In battle bonuses do (Durandal, Blows, Spurs and etc).

Fantastic thanks. I will try to get her then. 

21 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

I got her in like 40 orbs and got Spring Chrom in about 80.  I'm hoping that the appearance rates are higher than posted because my bunny Camilla has forsaken me.  Although bunny Lucina is the cutest thing EVER!

80 orbs...i have 40 right now XD

4 minutes ago, Clogon said:

"Buffs" in this game have a specific meaning. They last throughout the turn and boost -Blade Tomes. Your "one different word" refers to a completely different game mechanic.

I tried to specify with the "in-battle" part.

I want Lucina solely for the skill inheretance and collectible. She is similar to Cadea for the blue mages. Fast but really low ATK. At least she is faster and stronger than Odin which is great!

edit:

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I tried to specify with the "in-battle" part.

Sorry, I guess I am a bit cranky due to lack of sleep and a stressful day at work. I apologize.

Edited by Clogon

Lucina is absolutely nuts

The rest of them are okayish. Anyone know if their stuff is inheritable? It says carrot lance+ and blue egg+ so that's what I'm led to believe.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lucina is absolutely nuts

The rest of them are okayish. Anyone know if their stuff is inheritable? It says carrot lance+ and blue egg+ so that's what I'm led to believe.

tried to inherit Lucina's blue egg to Ursula and it didn't say weapon type limitation there and yes, i didn't dare to tap Confirm