Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Kagero with daggerbreaker will wreck those thiefs. As will anyone with Setsuna's Assassin bow. A tanky blue unit will easily beat Navarre and something red and magic can face the green knight.

Thinking ahead.

Effie, Kagero, Lilina and Olivia will be a good team.

Sounds good - I don´t have any of them.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subaki can replace Effie. Or Oboro.
Setsuna can replace Kagero. Or you can use a unit with really high offense power and rush them after takign care of Navarre and the knight.
Sophia or Sanaki can easily replace Lilina. Tharja will probably be even better.
And Olivia is there for dancing purposes. Azura and Nininan will suffice too but are harder to get. Olivia is a F2P unit so you SHOULD have her.

Hector should eat those thiefs easily. He's just an incredibly rare pull so I would never assume you have him.
Reinhardt is most likely able to kill Navarre.
Lucina or Eldigan are likely capable of dealing with the armour.
And Both Azura and Ninian are good for dancing. Heck even that level 1 Olivia can do it.

48 minutes ago, AW91 said:

Sounds good - I don´t have any of them.

Lol, for once looks like I'm the one with all of them.

31 minutes ago, JSND said:

Lets just pray Navvare isn't as slow as his Shadow Dragon version

Because having a Myrmiddon that is actually slow as turtle is actually kinda funny, but not in this game

11 base speed with a 50% growth? I don't see the slow part. Unless you are reclassing him.

1 minute ago, Silith13 said:

11 base speed with a 50% growth? I don't see the slow part. Unless you are reclassing him.

With reclass yeah. 25% speed growth is on the lower ends, and his base speed is literally 0

Its kinda weird since iirc most Shadow Dragon growth is based on FE1, so how good the stats they ended up having is based on the relation between their new value for class in relation to their original stats. IIRC this is what made Draug a glass cannon and Wendell having super sanic speed even after his nerf. 

Ehh, I think my Oboro can deal with Navarre, as long as she doesn't get hit by a dagger that deals extra damage to infantry... But I'm pretty sure there is going to be one with that weapon, right? mmm... Also I got a 5* Effie some days ago too! I now have 2 good tanky girls for this!

Can Leo work for the axe knight? Maybe... I can try to use Michalis for the dagger users... Well, tomorrow I will get my answer in the map haha

Not specifically Navarre-related, but this just in from the Twitter:

If I'm skimming this correctly, the lowest-rarity team that managed to beat Michalis's map was 3-star Virion, 3-star Narcian, 4-star Tiki, and 3-star Gwendolyn. The tweet that followed indicated that the team did not use skill inheritance.

EDIT: I'm not skimming this correctly. "Among the lowest-rarity teams, here's one of them."

EDIT: Also, the map is now officially confirmed:

Edited by Ice Dragon

A Vantage and...something to do with Speed? I wonder who I'll be winding up sacrificing one of him to...

Also, Ryoma, Effie and Lissa look like they'll be having fun. Lissa because Lissa, and Effie because giant tank. I don't know who'll get the fourth slot- probably some kind of player-phase ranged unit like Robin or Rebecca, depending on who gives me trouble (if any).

@Ice Dragon Thanks, mate!

So, we have Navarre with a Killing Edge (presumably + on Lunatic), axe guy with a Hammer, dagger above Navarre with Silver Dagger, dagger next to Hammerman with... I think a Rogue Dagger? And the healer has Panic. Joy.
Presumably the daggers both have some Hone/Fortify skill, and either the healer or Hammerman has something like this too (dunno which one tho). Fun.

AND HANG ON A MINUTE
NAVARRE HAS AN EXTRA SKILL SLOT
WHY DOES NAVARRE HAVE AN EXTRA SKILL SLOT?

...So, I was about to post a team for maybe beating Navarre to see if anyone thought it could work before Ice Dragon posted. I don't think it'll work anymore after seeing the map (thought it was slightly less foresty than it is), but on the off chance that I'm wrong, here it is in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Reinhardt (5-Star Level 40, +ATK/-SPD, has Dire Thunder / Blazing Thunder / Death Blow 2 / Goad Cavalry)
Stahl (4-Star Level 36, +HP/-RES, has Ruby Sword / Swap / DEF +3 / Obstruct 2 / Hone Cavalry)
Male Robin (4-Star Level 40, +DEF/-RES, has Blarraven / Bonfire / Triangle Adept 2 / Swordbreaker 1 / Spur DEF 2)
Sakura (5-Star Level 40, +HP/-DEF, has Fear / Rehabilitate / Heavenly Light / Wings of Mercy 1 / Fortify DEF 3)

The thought process here is that, going off of the map posted earlier in the thread, Robin can face off with the daggers on the right side of the map with some healing support from Sakura, while Reinhardt and Stahl head around to fight Navarre and the axe fighter. Reinhardt deletes Navarre from the map by being awesome at him until he yields, and Stahl uses the weapon triangle to make the axe fighter submit to him. After this, Reinhardt and Stahl can sweep in and finish the daggers and the healer with Robin, Reinhardt by deleting enemies with Dire Thunder and Stahl by tanking them with his high HP and DEF and hitting reasonably hard when he attacks them.

Do you guys think this team could maybe work out? Or am I missing something important?

EDIT: @phineas81707 The skills Navarre has are Desperation and Threaten SPD.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

A Vantage and...something to do with Speed? I wonder who I'll be winding up sacrificing one of him to...

Threaten Spd.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Do we know what the deal is with that S slot after the C skill? That's new.

That equippable item they mentioned in the April update preview?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah that would make sense. If so, I wonder if that means we'll get stuff regarding that tonight too, or they're just adding the slot but nothing to go in it yet.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah that would make sense. If so, I wonder if that means we'll get stuff regarding that tonight too, or they're just adding the slot but nothing to go in it yet.

I don't see the rearrange start positions button on the footer menu, so no idea.

I'll laugh if this screenshot was taken from some dev's dev build and they forgot to get rid of the not-yet-implemented stuff.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I don't see the rearrange start positions button on the footer menu, so no idea.

I'll laugh if this screenshot was taken from some dev's dev build and they forgot to get rid of the not-yet-implemented stuff.

Yeah I was thinking that too. I really didn't expect any of that new stuff till further into April than this, and I still kind of don't. It'd be a nice surprise though.

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Also, Ryoma, Effie and Lissa look like they'll be having fun. Lissa because Lissa, and Effie because giant tank. I don't know who'll get the fourth slot- probably some kind of player-phase ranged unit like Robin or Rebecca, depending on who gives me trouble (if any).

Not vantage, its desperation. 

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sorry to sorta-derail, but what equippable item? I don't remember seeing anything about equippable items (though I probably missed it). Will it let us partially-charge our skills before a map starts like Navarre and company here? Because I would kinda like that.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That would actually be kinda funny. Although it would be funnier if they accidentally showed us something we didn't know about, but, ah well
And then Alkaid confirms that that's what it is right before I go to post. :lol:

Though, looking at the map, I feel like Navarre's gonna be pretty easy, since he doesn't seem to have anything especially tricky to deal with like Ursula's Poison Dagger douches and Wings of Mercy Armor with pre-charged Aegis, or Michalis's Drag Back-to-get-Michalis'd combo. Although, maybe the thieves have Seal ATK/SPD to neuter anyone they hit or something? Maybe literally everyone except Navarre has Wings of Mercy to team up and dunk on anyone who doesn't quite kill someone? I really can't see how this is going to be especially difficult compared to the last two Grand Hero Battles. But I'll probably be back here asking you guys how I'm supposed to beat Lunatic Navarre tomorrow

Also, regarding the Battling Navarre banner that should be going live in a few hours with Navarre's map, how does Sophia help with this map? I can understand Caeda's there because she recruits Navarre in their games, Effie because Effie is really good generally (though she would probably very much like it if Hammerman was removed for her), and Kagero because entire map is infantry and Poison Dagger melts infantry... but what is Sophia doing here? Dealing with Hammerman? I'm rather curious about this.

Edited by ILikeKirbys