Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm kinda bummed out on his stats. I really liked his art so I wanted to use him. Plus my only 5* red unit right now is Roy and I wanted a better red unit to replace him. But no dice. I'm going to pin all my hopes on Xander now. 

Zephiel also seems pretty promising, if you're alright with the low movement (which Pivot mostly fixes). 

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Zephiel also seems pretty promising, if you're alright with the low movement (which Pivot mostly fixes). 

Zephiel will have to try pretty hard to not stand out considering his only competition as an armored sword is Draug.

He also has a neat 5 star weapon

Inflicts Def-4 on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions at the start of each turn

Took some 4 tries to gauge everyone's stats and ended up with this

Team:

40 4* Vanilla Cordelia (W/triangle adept)

33 4* Vanilla Kagero (w/Dagger breaker 2, didn't think to upgrade her to 3 b4 attempting map)

27* 3 Vanilla Olivia (W/hone atk 1)

40 5* M!Corrin (W Quick Riposte 1)

I positioned Kagero to get the right thief, gets 22 dmg and ends up with 11 hp. Corrin and Cordelia stay in starting position just out of range of Navarre and the other thief. 

Thief and navarre start to move so i position them just out of range again, get Kagero back w/olivia while keeping her out of range of Axe. Gets hit by healer, doesn't kill him and remains at 3 hp.

Thief and Navarre finally get out of forest, delete thief with Cordelia, put Corrin to tank Navarre, he gets killed next turn. Pick off Axe and healer with Corrin and Kagero.

This is definitely the easiest GHB, which makes sense because i really have no reason to use Navarre over Corrin, 4* Eliwood/Roy. If i'd grinded more sp and gotten full Shurikenbreaker, quick riposte and another hone atk it'd have gone even easier. Hell, i might even be able to use my 4* Alphonse if i leveled him up to 40 even with his shitty 18 spd (At current lvl) 30 instead of 5* Corrin. 

And here i was completely prepared to level up Abel from 1-40 if this kept kicking my butt like Ursula and Michalis lol

That was easy with the aid of a little planning... and Hector. I managed it on my first try.

Hector baited the thief on the right, Nino (5*) killed the green axe wielder once his speed buff was gone, and Olivia supported Cordelia (4*) to finish off the remaining two. I don't remember the exact steps, but it was simple enough. I imagine a good archer could substitute for Hector, since his durability and attack power were more than I needed.

Edited by Phoenix_Kensai

Tried to do it without cheesing it with Hector.  Lack of mages prevented me from doing so.  After 4 tries, cheesed it with Hector on the 5th.  I know I could have done it had I had a leveled mage, but I wanted it out of the way before the Voting Gauntlet started.

This was the easiest battle yet did it on my second try on lunatic team: 4* Effie , 5* Eirika, 5* M Robin, 4* Michalis all of them lvel 40. Michalis just tanked the daggers for 1 turn for the npcs to agro then i just finished them off 1 by 1.  

I wonder if they will up the difficulty of GHB soon. With each passing week, people are getting more and more units at lv40. Thus allowing their team to be much more flexible and in turn making the GHB a lot easier.

After some struggling I was able to beat Lunatic.

With the team of: 

1. 5*Catria
  2. 5*Azura
  3. 5*Lilina (with axebreaker)
  4. 4*Lissa

Kill the axeman with Lilina. Who tend takes a knife to the face and barely survives. Lilina kills the thief and retreats to heal. After that nuke the western thief with Lilina and finish Navarre with Azura and Catria. Then mop up the cleric. 

Looking at my units, I should start getting more units to lvl 40. To have better flexibility. 

I am disappointing to hear that Navarre is a so so unit. I though his whole stick was hitting fast and hard.

There are still people who can't quite do the lunatic, so I'm not sure if that's necessary.

I think they should lower the amount of time we have to do it to conversely force us to work overtime in a case where someone has the unit they need but they're too low.

I dont think we should up it from Lunatic.

Most of us cannot one shot GHB; by one shot... I mean get it done in first try.
(Yes there are people that did it... but they probably have the correct team composition on day 1 or planned it)

16 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I wonder if they will up the difficulty of GHB soon. With each passing week, people are getting more and more units at lv40. Thus allowing their team to be much more flexible and in turn making the GHB a lot easier.

Several of the issues with this Grand Hero Battle is the fact that there isn't a blue unit to prevent tanking with a high-Def red unit, there weren't any magic units at all, and the copious use of colorless units, which are hard-walled by the increasingly common Triangle Adept Raven tome combination.

Greater team flexibility is definitely a contributing factor, but there were clear gaps in the enemy's coverage this time that could easily be taken advantage of.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Several of the issues with this Grand Hero Battle is the fact that there isn't a blue unit to prevent tanking with a high-Def red unit, there weren't any magic units at all, and the copious use of colorless units, which are hard-walled by the increasingly common Triangle Adept Raven tome combination.

Greater team flexibility is definitely a contributing factor, but there were clear gaps in the enemy's coverage this time that could easily be taken advantage of.

Or literally train Subaki/Sophia/Olivia and your 3* ... to level 40 and follow Mkv.

Beat Lunatic on my second try using a somewhat unconventional team.

• 5* Femui with Triangle Adept 2 and Reposition inherited
  • 5* Julia with Spd+3 and Rally Attack inherited
  • 4* Clarine with Rehabilitate, Hone Speed 3, and Live to Serve 2 inherited
  • 3* Olivia

Initial positioning of my units was key to this. Julia started off in the top right, with Femui and Clarine flanking her for the buffs. On Turn 1 she nuked the axeman before he could get buffed by the thief, then got Repositioned to safety. Femui got danced and moved up to attack Navarre. On EP she tanked everything with virtually no HP remaining, killing Navarre in the process, then moved back on my turn to get healed before being danced back. As it turned out she could survive both thieves attacking her, meaning all I had to do was gradually manipulate their positioning and the debuff from Dark Breath+ so that I could lure one of them down into to attack Julia without him being able to kill her. Olivia of all people finished him off, leaving both Femui and Julia with charged procs to destroy the second thief.

4 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Or literally train Subaki/Sophia/Olivia and your 3* ... to level 40 and follow Mkv.

That doesn't affect the actual difficulty of the mission. You're just letting someone else do the brunt of the work for you instead of doing it yourself, which says nothing about how hard it actually is.

It's like saying, "this problem set isn't hard because someone else already did the work and now I just have to copy it." You can't judge something's difficulty if you aren't actually doing it yourself.

This was the easiest GHB so far, only took a couple tries. Did this with a team consisting of 5-star level 40 Sharena, a-Tiki, Priscilla, and Camilla. I positioned Tiki in the forest to bait the ninja. With the Fortify Def benefit from Sharena, she doesn't take any damage. The axe wielder and healer clog up behind that ninja, working to heal it, while Navarre and the other ninja go down the open corridor. Next turn, Tiki stays where she is, and Sharena goes to the edge of Navarre's range and waits. Navarre strikes Sharena, and Sharena knocks out half his HP. Sharena finishes him on my turn, Priscilla heals Sharena, and Camilla goes into the spot where Navarre was and attacks the ninja. At this point, it's pretty easy just to mop up the remaining enemies.

My favorite GHB were Ursula and Narcian. They were hard but left me with a sense of accomplishment after defeating them.You needed to really choose your units for those two. Robin and Michalis were okay. Not the easiest but completely doable with some minor planning. Navarre is just easy. And as GHB is one of my favorite aspects of the game, it was rather disappointing. 

I'm not the kind that really plans my battles ahead; the only actual planning done was through figuring out what worked when going blindly in the hard lvl and amplifying for lunatic. Mind you that I also had an easier time due to coincidentally already having one of the focus characters (Effie) ready for this GHB (well I recently pulled a 4* Caeda, but I wasn't seeing it happen in time, for her overall unimpressive performance imo). Then it was just a matter of finally using my head in knowing what to do with my dance/singing unit (being Azura, but in hindsight, I could have used Olivia as well) and having hard hitters (Effie & Michalis) do the rest of the work, that if didnt ORKO, I had Takumi to finish them off.

Sure, I suppose it was an easier GHB, but the very fact that i was even able to win a Lunatic GHB even ONCE? Thats an achievement for me. Or perhaps its cause I had better units this time around? I digress

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

My favorite GHB were Ursula and Narcian. They were hard but left me with a sense of accomplishment after defeating them.You needed to really choose your units for those two. Robin and Michalis were okay. Not the easiest but completely doable with some minor planning. Navarre is just easy. And as GHB is one of my favorite aspects of the game, it was rather disappointing. 

Ursula and Narcian were the 2 I couldn't do on lunatic lol.

But I liked michalis the best. It was a lot more trivial than F Robin, and you couldn't even get F robin at 4 star since she only had up to hard. Michalis had to be the most fun for me too.

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Sure, I suppose it was an easier GHB, but the very fact that i was even able to win a Lunatic GHB even ONCE? Thats an achievement for me. Or perhaps its cause I had better units this time around? I digress

Of this is your first then congrats 

Spoiler

I just realized who the characters I'm your signature are:wub::wub::wub:

My personal rankings, from hardest to easiest, given what I had to work with at the time of the GHB

Narcian >>>> Ursula > Michalis > Navarre > FRobin

Narcian was the hardest because it was the earliest one, when my team is basically carried by Ryoma and Takumi and nobody else. I had no good red/green fliers that can just orko Narcian or anything. Had to turbo train a -spd Robin, which was a lot harder at the time because I didn't have a proper babysitting process then, either. That was significantly harder than the other GHBs for me.

I didn't have a super strong team for FRobin either, but Ryoma + Rally Res + Spur Res just trivialized the map. Like literally I move him into a space and he takes down 4 dudes and lives. It's pretty insane. 

Ursula and on is when I have a really strong selection of units. Took me 3 tries with a swap each time for a team member that fit the job better than the one they swapped out. Wasn't too bad.

Michalis I was prepared for. Trained up Narcian before hand. Screwed up positioning once on L but that was human error, beat it easily afterwards. 

Navarre I kinda just took to experimenting now, because its open map format and composition makes it quite flexible to work with, actually. Also: Ryoma destroys the map, part 2. I took a video of my (granted, not very generalized at all) strat, but at least Ryoma didn't even use any of the custom shit I put on him. I may do another video of the more applicable to general use bait at bottom strat as well, since the one I like more is a bit too aggro for the average team to handle.

26 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I agree with Narcian, but not Ursula.  Ursula you either had the units that made it piss easy, followed the Japanese 3-star guy's route, or in the very rare occasion you did it without either.  If you're in that third group, great, I can understand the feeling of accomplishment.  But otherwise it was not what I'd consider well designed.

I prefer the likes of Narcian and Michalis, where the pool of units that were beneficial was much higher.  But Narcian might be a case of nostalgia too.  With that in mind, I wonder how hard his and F!Robin's GHBs would've been had there been a lunatic version available.

3 hours ago, Kiran said:

Why does everyone do this? Kill the dagger FIRST. Use a dancer if need be. Lots of red/blue units can eat a hit from Navarre but that dagger is troublesome  Back away for a turn if you can't reach the dagger :/

Which dagger are you talking about? If it's the rogue dagger (the one on the right), then yes I do kill him first. But I cannot reach the silver dagger unless I'm willing to sacrifice one of my units (and yes, that unit still dies even after killing the silver dagger theif).

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@Falcom, @Bartozio, @Ether, @Kiran, and others who've veen trying to help me: thank you very much, I beat the map!

I did nothing but ask for help. Lol.

3 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Navarre has 58 HP, 24 Def, and 25 Res (he has 38 Spd though, so you probably aren't gonna double him without Swordbreaker).

Outside of maybe a heavily boosted Blárblade Linde or Ursula, you aren't going to be OHKOing him, so instead we'll focus on dealing 29 x 2 damage. 

• This is possible with a blue mage with 45 attack (39 with Triangle Adept 3) and Swordbreaker. 
  • This is also possible with blue lance unit with 45 attack (38 with Triangle Adept 3 or Sapphire Lance) and Swordbreaker
    • A Brave Lance user with the same attack could do the same thing as a non-Brave Lance and Swordbreaker.
    • If you had a Brave Lance user with Swordbreaker but not Triangle Adept (like your friendly neighborhood Abel), you would need 33 attack. 
    • Just for fun, if you really hated Navarre and wanted to destroy him utterly with Brave Lance, Triangle Adept, and Swordbreaker, you'd only need 28 attack on that anti-sword unit. 
  • Also, a unit with Poison Dagger and Swordbreaker could ORKO him with 36 attack. 

I should've mentioned, I rather not go through the trouble of getting Navarre by using skill inheritance (as I have none of those things).

3 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

If you have a fast enough unit they can take both Navarre and the Thief and not die. First time I went through (before I did my clean aggro strat) I had Ryoma facetank both Navarre and the thief, and with 38 base spd (42 with Hone Spd) he took both of them just face on.

who do you have? Tsubaki is an option if you want a tank, and he's free.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have such a unit. I have Subaki and I'm aware that he's free and very good but I don't think i'll be able to get him ready on time.

So I tried using Reinhardt, sadly I realized that since it's a four star, he doesn't have Spur Atk 3. So basically, my Robin can no longer kill the rogue dagger in time before he slaugthers Olivia. Whoops.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Which dagger are you talking about? If it's the rogue dagger (the one on the right), then yes I do kill him first. But I cannot reach the silver dagger unless I'm willing to sacrifice one of my units (and yes, that unit still dies even after killing the silver dagger theif).

I did nothing but ask for help. Lol.

I should've mentioned, I rather not go through the trouble of getting Navarre by using skill inheritance (as I have none of those things).

Unfortunately, I don't think I have such a unit. I have Subaki and I'm aware that he's free and very good but I don't think i'll be able to get him ready on time.

So I tried using Reinhardt, sadly I realized that since it's a four star, he doesn't have Spur Atk 3. So basically, my Robin can no longer kill the rogue dagger in time before he slaugthers Olivia. Whoops.

Did you already show us your units or nah?

Cause I have some wicked strats I want to unleash.

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

That's perfectly fair. I mentioned it because some people do already have units that fit the bill (Abel and Cordelia come to mind, even without skill inheritance) (and many people already put Swordbreaker on Robin), so there was a chance it would work for you too. 

If you showed a picture of your team, I (and others here, of course) could probably help give some input as to what units would be worth using/training up for Navarre.