Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

F2P orb hoarder here so no skill inheritance (like LaD) right now. I'm training up a 4* vanilla Navarre and have gotten him to lv. 35. Team for training up a unit consists of Olivia, Sharena, a healer (training up Wrys currently), and unit in training.

Hana is a free unit, and Desperation is already on him?

: /

I mean, I'd understand if you were saving feathers, but orbs aren't an issue for L&D.

20 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Hana is a free unit, and Desperation is already on him?

: /

I mean, I'd understand if you were saving feathers, but orbs aren't an issue for L&D.

He already gets Desperation on his own though he'd have to be a 5* unit to get Desperation 3 (if I want to get him Desperation 3 while keeping him as a 4*, I'd have to get a Shanna). Similarly, Life and Death 3 is currently a 5*-only skill.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

He already gets Desperation on his own though he'd have to be a 5* unit to get Desperation 3 (if I want to get him Desperation 3 while keeping him as a 4*, I'd have to get a Shanna). Similarly, Life and Death 3 is currently a 5*-only skill.

I guess what I meant was that: If I had wanted to use Navarre, I would've dumped L&D 3 on him (by promoting a Hana all the way to 5*) and just casually grind his way to level 40 5* before he's a bonus unit.

I might've mistaken your intentions though---maybe you only wanted him trained up for use as a bonus unit, rather than keeping him on the roster long term? His stat spread actually isn't bad at all, not Hana or Lucina tier, but it's perfectly serviceable. Probably more serviceable than Selena, at any rate. : /

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I might've mistaken your intentions though---maybe you only wanted him trained up for use as a bonus unit, rather than keeping him on the roster long term? His stat spread actually isn't bad at all, not Hana or Lucina tier, but it's perfectly serviceable. Probably more serviceable than Selena, at any rate. : /

It's pretty much just that - I intend to use him for the next Arena season for bonus points. He's certainly no Lyndis though, who has better defensive stats and a good unique weapon (Sol Katti, which allows her to hit harder than Navarre can, especially with Defiant Atk 3 boost active, and has Desperation 2 built in).

@LordFrigid, what was that magic? Going through the thread from when the map went live to get ideas and then I saw your video. What!? That's 2 for 2 that you've amazed me with your strategies. Now I'm kicking myself for thinking I'd get Ninian's Fortify Dragon later since it's cheaper than Escape Route 3... Just 32 SP off, so it shouldn't be a problem except for her attack bane getting in the way.

If I try this strategy, I'd need to give Tiki Reciprocal Aid and Quick Riposte 2. Still have spare Donnels since I only did one Inherit Skill and that was for Cherche to get Lancebreaker 2 for Lunatic Michalis. And how convenient, I just summoned a 4* Subaki with the same crappy bane/boon, +Spd/-Atk, as the 3* one that made me lose any faith in him before the glorious +Atk/-Res 4* one showed up. I'll just use you for QR2.

Would this actually work with a 4* Tiki? I tried running through it, but I'm not sure. The main thing that will get screwed is enemy placement if certain things don't happen, so I'm worried about that.

Spoiler

To not take any damage from the thieves' normal attacks, Tiki needs at least 44 defense which you passed by 1 with Ninian's Fortify Dragons and Sully's Spur Def 3; 35 neutral def + 6 (FD) + 4 (SD3) = 45 def. I'd need +8 def for my 4* Tiki (+Def, -Res). Sully would provide half of it, but since I don't have Fortify Dragons at the moment, Tiki is off by 1 point to taking no damage from the Silver Dagger thief. 1 damage from him isn't that much though, but it adds up because of Moonbow from both thieves and Poison Strike 3 from the Silver Dagger thief.

Damage-wise, my Tiki would be doing 12x2 to both thieves. That's 24 for the Rogue Dagger assuming he attacks first, he'd get healed up to 8, so he's going to be up to 28 HP. He'd also deal 4 damage or 2 with FD to Tiki dropping her to 33 HP or 35 HP with FD and her defense down to 38 or 41 with Fortify Dragons. Still above QR2's threshold.

Silver Dagger thief attacks dealing 6 or 3 with FD, Tiki is down to 27 or 32 HP, Bonfire activates for 33 damage (12 + (43 * 0.5) = 33) or if I get Fortify Dragons, 35 damage (12 + (46 * 0.5) = 35), he's down to either 11 HP or 9 HP, he attacks again with Moonbow dealing either 13 or 11 with FD, Tiki is down to 14 or 21 HP, and then she finishes him off with 12 damage. Poison Strike kicks in and she's down to 4 or 11 HP. Rogue Dagger gets healed again by the axe fighter putting him up to 38 HP and the axe fighter's HP drops to 42.

Next turn, Tiki should be back to full HP with Reciprocal Aid from err... Ninian, I guess. Team get moved into position and enemy turn commences. Axe fighter gets healed to 50. Rogue Dagger thief attacks dealing 0 damage, Tiki deals 33 from Bonfire, he's down to 5, he does 7 from Moonbow, she's down to 30, and he dies from her follow-up hit. Rogue Dagger kicks in and her def drops to 35 with Sully's SD3.

Navarre attacks. He deals 7 damage, she's down to 23 HP and does 19, Navarre is down to 34 HP, he does 7 again, she's down to 16 HP, and the battle finishes with Tiki doing 19 again dropping him to 15 HP. Their turn ends and the axe dude would probably heal Navarre bring him up to 25 and putting him down to 40 HP before going back up to 48 through the cleric.

I could kill Navarre with Sully. She's level 38 right now and would deal 19x2 damage to Navarre while taking 1 damage from him with her 25 defense and assuming gem weapons and Triangle Adept. If not, then she'd take 9 damage. The problem is that would leave her open to the axe fighter. Or not. I could just move Tiki or Lucina up... Tiki should be able to do 25 damage and Ninian could dance again to let her attack again which should be enough for the axe fighter. I think Bonfire would be charged by then, so she could also do 45 damage alone from Bonfire. That leaves the cleric who I should just destroy with Lucina.

I just realized that Defiant Attack 3 might be active during these rounds since I did not intend to replace it... Welp, that throws off a lot of stuff.

Edit: Whoops, didn't tag right and I doubt editing a tag in would do anything. Strategy I'm referring to: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70610-grand-hero-battle-navarre/&do=findComment&comment=4778626.

Edit 2: Just realized that I'm 157 off from getting Reciprocal Aid, QR1, and QR2.

Edited by Kaden

I also did the GHB yesterday and managed to beat it with a team of M!Robin/Eirika/Lissa/Olivia.

Robin probably needs to be 5 star for my strategy (though 4 star with Triangle Adept possibly works as well?), while Eirika can be replaced by pretty much anyone who 2RKO's the fighter and Lissa/Olivia are only there for Rehabilitate/Dance. If anyone wants to use a similar team and needs the detailed strategy, just ask. :)

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

@LordFrigid, what was that magic? Going through the thread from when the map went live to get ideas and then I saw your video. What!? That's 2 for 2 that you've amazed me with your strategies. Now I'm kicking myself for thinking I'd get Ninian's Fortify Dragon later since it's cheaper than Escape Route 3... Just 32 SP off, so it shouldn't be a problem except for her attack bane getting in the way.

If I try this strategy, I'd need to give Tiki Reciprocal Aid and Quick Riposte 2. Still have spare Donnels since I only did one Inherit Skill and that was for Cherche to get Lancebreaker 2 for Lunatic Michalis. And how convenient, I just summoned a 4* Subaki with the same crappy bane/boon, +Spd/-Atk, as the 3* one that made me lose any faith in him before the glorious +Atk/-Res 4* one showed up. I'll just use you for QR2.

Would this actually work with a 4* Tiki? I tried running through it, but I'm not sure. The main thing that will get screwed is enemy placement if certain things don't happen, so I'm worried about that.

Reveal hidden contents

To not take any damage from the thieves' normal attacks, Tiki needs at least 44 defense which you passed by 1 with Ninian's Fortify Dragons and Sully's Spur Def 3; 35 neutral def + 6 (FD) + 4 (SD3) = 45 def. I'd need +8 def for my 4* Tiki (+Def, -Res). Sully would provide half of it, but since I don't have Fortify Dragons at the moment, Tiki is off by 1 point to taking no damage from the Silver Dagger thief. 1 damage from him isn't that much though, but it adds up because of Moonbow from both thieves and Poison Strike 3 from the Silver Dagger thief.

Damage-wise, my Tiki would be doing 12x2 to both thieves. That's 24 for the Rogue Dagger assuming he attacks first, he'd get healed up to 8, so he's going to be up to 28 HP. He'd also deal 4 damage or 2 with FD to Tiki dropping her to 33 HP or 35 HP with FD and her defense down to 38 or 41 with Fortify Dragons. Still above QR2's threshold.

Silver Dagger thief attacks dealing 6 or 3 with FD, Tiki is down to 27 or 32 HP, Bonfire activates for 33 damage (12 + (43 * 0.5) = 33) or if I get Fortify Dragons, 35 damage (12 + (46 * 0.5) = 35), he's down to either 11 HP or 9 HP, he attacks again with Moonbow dealing either 13 or 11 with FD, Tiki is down to 14 or 21 HP, and then she finishes him off with 12 damage. Poison Strike kicks in and she's down to 4 or 11 HP. Rogue Dagger gets healed again by the axe fighter putting him up to 38 HP and the axe fighter's HP drops to 42.

Next turn, Tiki should be back to full HP with Reciprocal Aid from err... Ninian, I guess. Team get moved into position and enemy turn commences. Axe fighter gets healed to 50. Rogue Dagger thief attacks dealing 0 damage, Tiki deals 33 from Bonfire, he's down to 5, he does 7 from Moonbow, she's down to 30, and he dies from her follow-up hit. Rogue Dagger kicks in and her def drops to 35 with Sully's SD3.

Navarre attacks. He deals 7 damage, she's down to 23 HP and does 19, Navarre is down to 34 HP, he does 7 again, she's down to 16 HP, and the battle finishes with Tiki doing 19 again dropping him to 15 HP. Their turn ends and the axe dude would probably heal Navarre bring him up to 25 and putting him down to 40 HP before going back up to 48 through the cleric.

I could kill Navarre with Sully. She's level 38 right now and would deal 19x2 damage to Navarre while taking 1 damage from him with her 25 defense and assuming gem weapons and Triangle Adept. If not, then she'd take 9 damage. The problem is that would leave her open to the axe fighter. Or not. I could just move Tiki or Lucina up... Tiki should be able to do 25 damage and Ninian could dance again to let her attack again which should be enough for the axe fighter. I think Bonfire would be charged by then, so she could also do 45 damage alone from Bonfire. That leaves the cleric who I should just destroy with Lucina.

I just realized that Defiant Attack 3 might be active during these rounds since I did not intend to replace it... Welp, that throws off a lot of stuff.

Edit: Whoops, didn't tag right and I doubt editing a tag in would do anything. Strategy I'm referring to: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70610-grand-hero-battle-navarre/&do=findComment&comment=4778626.

Edit 2: Just realized that I'm 157 off from getting Reciprocal Aid, QR1, and QR2.

Confirming - editing in the tag did drop me a notification.

One thing to be careful of is that the daggers drop your Def, and therefore the damage on your Bonfire proc. I haven't run any specific numbers, but Fortify Dragons might actually make a difference in that case. I actually had Sully inherit a random Rally Atk from someone (probably a spare 3* Hana or something) so Tiki could ORKO the thieves without Bonfire, which I believe requires 5* +Atk, but I forgot to actually have her learn it =P .

I can try running those #s in a bit, just got back in so I've got some stamina to burn first. If it doesn't work out, there are plenty of other methods (that I, admittedly, have not looked at). If you have an updated unit list that'd help to figure out what your other options are (if needed). Or I guess I could go back to the Michalis thread...I think it's on p. 23? ... that's just off the top of my head, I'm not actually sure lol.

I know people are saying this GHB is one of the easier ones, but I must have not had the right units for it. I thought it was even harder than the Ursula battle. I don't have Kagero or MRobin, so I ended up having to cheese the AI with two Olivias, Ryoma, and Lucius.

That ninja above Navarre is what was causing me so many problems.

@LordFrigid, oh, cool, it works. On other forums, editing in tags and quotes do not give notifications.

Yeah, I forgot about the debuffs from the daggers at times. So many numbers.

I'd like to figure out a Lunatic GHB one day, but I'm at a lost on how to manipulate the enemy so that I don't get overwhelmed. That and having a ton of units can make it confusing on who should be used and who shouldn't. Several units can be used, but one will be better at the job then the others.

For units, lv. +35:

Spoiler

Red

5*: lv. 40 Lucina (+Res, -HP), Eirika (+Def, -HP), and Eldigan (+Spd, -HP).

4*: lv. 40 Palla (+Def, -HP), Selena (+Def, -HP), and Tiki (+Def, -Res), lv. 37 Eliwood (+Atk, -Res), and lv. 35 Cain (+Res, -Def) and Sophia (+Res, -Atk).

Blue

5*: lv. 40 Effie (+HP, -Spd)

4*: lv. 40 Catria (+Atk, -Spd), Corrin (average), Sharena, Subaki (+Atk, -Res), and Ursula, lv. 38 Sully (+Def, -Res), and lv. 36 Ninian (+HP, -Atk).

Green:

5*: lv. 40 Hawkeye (+Res, -HP) and Raven (+Res, -Def).

4*: lv. 40 Frederick (+Spd, -Res), Gunter (+Atk, -HP), Merric (+Res, -HP), Michalis, and F!Robin, and lv. 37 Anna and Arthur (+Atk, -Res).

3*: lv. 40 Cherche (low attack, high res) with first, spare Arthur's Lancebreaker 2 and an unlearned Emerald Axe.

Colorless:

4*: lv. 40 Lissa and lv. 38 Jakob (+Atk, -Def).

3*: lv. 36 Azama and Felicia (average).

Level 35 or close to it.

Spoiler

Red

4*: lv. 33 M!Corrin (average), lv. 32 Alfonse, and lv. 31 Olivia (average).

3*: lv. 33 Hinata (average) and Laslow (+Def, -HP) and lv. 31 Eliwood (+Spd, -HP) and Fir (+Def, -Spd).

2*: for kicks, a lv. 30 special map Stahl.

Blue

4*: lv. 34 M!Robin (+Def, -Atk) and Oboro (+Atk, -Res) with Bonfire.

3*: lv. 35 Corrin (+Def, -Spd), lv. 33 Jagen (average), lv. 32 Gwendolyn (+HP, -Def), Shanna (+Atk, -HP), and another Shanna (average). Also, a lv. 34 Odin (+Spd, -Res) who exists...

Green

4*: lv. 33 Bartre (+Def, -Atk) and lv. 32 Barst (+Def, -Atk) and Raven (+Spd, -Atk).

3*: lv. 31 Beruka (+HP, -Res) and Cecilia (+Res, -Def).

Colorless

4*: lv. 32 Gaius (+HP, -Res).

3*: lv. 34 Wrys.

Not much really changed other than getting M!Corrin and M!Robin who has attack bane... And some units got promoted like Oboro, Olivia, and Virion who's lv. 17. I might not be able to train him in time, but I did summon a 5* Ephraim (+Res, -Def) who is lv. 18 right now.

I know that if I get Sophia to lv. 40 or she caps her attack at whatever level near 40, then I can 2HKO the axe fighter despite her attack bane -- Olivia's Hone Attack 3 evens it out since -Atk 4* Sophia's base attack is 1 point below a 3* Sophia's neutral attack who was able to 2HKO the axe fighter in Mkv's strategy -- and I could replicate the Donnel Drag Back thief strategy with Oboro or any lance unit by giving them Drag Back. I think using Eirika might be causing the different positioning since the axe fighter clearly does not want to go towards her.

Your strategy might work, but I don't think I can get all the SP in time for Tiki. I'd need to KO 53 enemies within the remaining time with Tiki to get Reciprocal Aid and Quick Riposte 2. Getting Sophia to lv. 40 is probably more doable, maybe getting an average 3* Donnel to lv. 40 from lv. 1, and Oboro has enough remaining SP to get Drag Back and possibly either a Brave Lance or a Killer Lance by the time she's lv. 40.

Edit: Oboro just leveled up. Holy crap, Bonfire is amazing on her.

Edited by Kaden

Well, I got my M!Robin up to Lvl 40 with those Universal Crystals ( x10000) that I received, and he OHKOs the Rogue Dagger thief with TA2 + QR2 + Bonfire now. xD Now I just need to figure out the rest of the map ( Hammerdude is my biggest obstacle after the thieves... )

@Kaden Ran the numbers, and if the enemies attack in the same order, 4* +Def/-Res barely meets the thresholds she needs with Fortify Dragons buffs. Breakdown would be:

1. Tiki takes Fortify Dragons (42 Def) and goes into the trees. Park someone with Spur Def (46 Def) next to her. Give her either a Rally Atk or have someone with Spur Atk standing next to her (44 Atk).
  2. Rogue Dagger attacks first (assuming same order, I haven't seen anything to suggest he wouldn't), deals 2 dmg on the Moonbow proc and takes 24 (20 HP). Gets Ardent Sacrifice & Physic heals, bringing him to 38. Tiki's Def is dropped by 5 (41 Def)
  3. Silver Dagger attacks next, dealing 9 dmg on the Moonbow proc and takes 44 (yes...exactly 44. 12 x 2 + 20 from Bonfire. It's that close). Navarre moves closer.
  4. Tiki steals someone's HP in prep for the next turn. Either make sure she gets Ninian buffs (if you used Rally Atk instead of Spur Atk, there's room for Ninian to stand below her) or stands next to someone with Spur Def (either/or will work).
  5. Assume Rogue Dagger attacks before Navarre (again...no real reason this wouldn't happen, and it makes a lot of sense from the AI's standpoint, "soften up" the target for Navarre). Deals 2/5 dmg on the Moonbow proc (depending on whether she got Ninian buffs) and takes at minimum 44 (12 x 2 + 20 from Bonfire with just the spur, since she'll have 40 Def with it).
  6. At this point, Tiki can just solo the rest of it, probably with Ninian dance assistance.

If the enemies don't attack in that order...you'd need both a Rally Atk and a Spur Atk (so one of your Spurs would have to inherit Rally Atk), or find another strategy. I'm pretty confident the AI will attack in that order though, tbh.

Edited by LordFrigid

Finally got my shiny 4* Navarre. Beat him with Lvl 40. Lucina, Effie, M!Robin and Lvl 29 Olivia. If I recall ( no screens, just trying to remember my strat ):

Turn 1:

Effie smites Robin to the small patch of forest above the mountain. Everyone else repositions themselves.

Turn 2:

Rogue!Dagger Thief suicides himself on TA2+QR2 M!Robin, who finishes him off with Bonfire. Navarre moves down, tailed by Silver Dagger. Hammerdude moves down as well.

Turn 3:

Olivia dances Robin to safety so he is out of reach of Hammerdude. Effie gets ready to take down Navarre and tanks the Silver Dagger Thief. Lucina moves into position to take out Hammerdude.

Turn 4:

Navarre attacks Effie, takes a ton of damage in return. Effie tanks a hit from the Silver Dagger Thief as Hammerdude suicides himself on Lucina. Robin positions himself ( still out of range of the Silver Dagger thief ).

Turn 5:

Effie wipes the floor with Navarre. Robin, with the help of Olivia's Dance, kills the 2nd Thief, leaving only the Cleric. Lucina wipes her out.

Stage Clear. ^^

You know, even though it doesn't seem likely due to chance, I wonder if anyone's has beaten (or ever will beat) a Grand Hero map using only the banner characters. For example, beating this one with Caeda/Sophia/Effie/Kagero.

Just did it! But unlike the Ursula and Michalis one, my experimenting lead to nothing but failure, so all the credit to Mkv. (Awesome Swap-Drag back combination) Put Swap on Effie and used her together with Eirika/Klein/Olivia. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170407-221112.thumb.png.a9e793bb6018ab1eadff2a3809d71c2d.png

This makes all my GHB will Olivia and Effie. Smite was great in the Michalis one, but I recently used her with Pivot. It somehow never occured to me, that swap would also be a perfect skill for her.

Edited by M.T. Cicero

18 hours ago, Star said:

I know people are saying this GHB is one of the easier ones, but I must have not had the right units for it. I thought it was even harder than the Ursula battle. I don't have Kagero or MRobin, so I ended up having to cheese the AI with two Olivias, Ryoma, and Lucius.

That ninja above Navarre is what was causing me so many problems.

17 hours ago, Luchi said:

Well, I got my M!Robin up to Lvl 40 with those Universal Crystals ( x10000) that I received, and he OHKOs the Rogue Dagger thief with TA2 + QR2 + Bonfire now. xD Now I just need to figure out the rest of the map ( Hammerdude is my biggest obstacle after the thieves... )

So I'm going to ask both of you the same question: What's your team?  And who else do you have available?

@LordFrigid, so it does work with a 4*, +Def/-Res Tiki. I don't think I can get the remaining 157 SP for her in time. 53 enemies within 6 levels of her would take about 14 8th-10th stratum levels assuming there are 4 enemies each and she can KO all of them without dying in some way. 126 stamina as well which although I did spend a couple of potions to level up Oboro and Sophia, I feel like it was more worth it since it was to get them to level 40 as 4* with a guarantee that Sophia with Olivia's help can KO the axe fighter despite having -Atk -- 28 base attack plus her 9 MT Fenrir and Olivia's Hone Attack 3 evens out with a neutral attack 3* Sophia and Olivia with Hone Attack 2. I really want to try one of your strategies one day.

So, I finally got Oboro and Sophia to lv. 40. I have one question: which modified Mkv team would work for this map better?

5* Eirika (+Def, -HP), 4*, lv. 31 Olivia (average), 4* Sophia (+Res, -Atk), and Subaki (+Atk, -Res) where Eirika is in Donnel's place or Oboro (+Atk, -Res), Olivia, Sophia, and Subaki where Oboro is in Donnel's place?

Eirika comes naturally with Drag Back, but she's a red which probably deters the axe fighter from going towards her position like he does when Donnel was there in Mkv's strategy, thus, ruining the positioning and putting me in a hard place. Oboro on the other hand, would need to get Drag Back which sucks, but whatever, it's 225 SP... The other question is if I do this, should I use Donnel or Gwendolyn? Donnel can give her a Brave Lance which a +Atk 4* Oboro and a 4* Donnel can use to ORKO both thieves and Navarre, especially with Olivia's Hone Attack 3 against the Rogue Dagger thief. On the other hand, Killer Lance seems more useful for an Oboro build I'd want to use, Oboro can get another turn from Olivia, and Subaki is the Navarre bait and killer.

I think Oboro's the answer and ironically, it's for the same reasons: a B-slot skill. Sophia too, but that was also another reason: I didn't have anyone else at the time with the attack requirement as a magic attacker for Michalis besides her and Tiki. Wow, talk about double irony. 41 minimum attack for a red magic unit for both Michalis and the axe fighter. Dammit, game. I hope I can get Sanaki, Tharja, or whatever good red mage one day along with Raigh who I'm planning to train when I have time. Anyway, I digress.

Edit: Yeah, using Eirika is out of the question for this.

Edit 2: Y'know, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it to waste SP on Oboro just to beat this map. Maybe I should walk away and say I could have beaten by sacrificing 225 SP from Oboro that could have gone to a better selection of skills.

Edited by Kaden

14 hours ago, Kaden said:

I don't think I can get the remaining 157 SP for her in time.

She'd only need QR1, since she's only taking 2 dmg from the 1st Thief (again, assumes same attack order...worth a shot, imo, but it's up to you).

Edited by LordFrigid

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

She'd only need QR1, since she's only taking 2 dmg from the 1st Thief (again, assumes same attack order...worth a shot, imo, but it's up to you).

Wait, really? Hmm... I thought she'd drop below the 90% threshold. That's probably without Fortify Dragon's, though.

I'll be back -- Ninian just needs to level up once to get Fortify Dragons. Also, those 2 skills seem much more useful for Tiki in general than gimping Oboro with Drag Back which I'd rather not have since one, she already has a B-slot skill and two, Donnel fulfills the same niche with it, but I'd just need to level him up, and that's different from not having Narcian in the first place not to mention that Cherche didn't have a B-slot skill too.

Tag Edit Update: @LordFrigid, it worked, but the units went in a slightly different order. Or rather, Navarre decided to be a moron.

Play-by-play. Turn 2 is when things changed and actually for the better.

Spoiler

Turn 1. Went exactly as in your first turn with 5* Tiki (+Atk, -Spd), Rogue thief dagger attacks, then the Silver Dagger thief who dies, and with your prediction of how it would work for a 4* Tiki (+Def, -Res), Navarre would move right above Tiki. The only difference is that for whatever reason, the Rogue Dagger thief only got healed by the cleric. Pretty sure the axe fighter did not heal the thief for some reason. That or I'm remembering the first failure with this when I forgot to give Tiki Reciprocal Aid and Quick Riposte 1.

Turn 2. I was trying to figure out who to use Reciprocal Aid on; I decided on Lucina for some reason -- did not know her Falchion heal would kick in after this turn. So, first, I had Sully use Draw Back on Tiki so she would retain her turn. Ninian moved behind Sully and Lucina moved behind Navarre. Tiki swaps HP with Lucina. Here's where the funny part begins.

Enemy turn 2: Navarre attacks Sully. Let me repeat that: Navarre takes the initiative by attacking Sully. I have no idea why. She's a blue with a Sapphire Lance and Swordbreaker for Pete's sake! She even has +Def, -Res and is sitting in front of Ninian, another blue who would deal 15 damage alone despite having -Atk. Are you stupid!? And because he moved first, Tiki's Bonfire wasn't even charged. The only thing I can think of was that he did not want to contest with Tiki's buffed defense which if he didn't then why move first? Why not have the Rogue Dagger thief attack Tiki and then attack Tiki to deal some damage. Sure, he can deal more damage to Sully, but Sully's going to kill him on the next turn. Anyway, Navarre did 9 damage to Sully while Sully left him at 18 HP -- Sully was lv. 39 went I did this, so she was 1 point off from capping her attack which would have left Navarre at 14 HP. He sealed his fate with that. Anyone could have killed him after this turn, especially if Sully was lv. 40.

Anyway, Rogue Dagger thief moves down to attack Tiki after Navarre wrote his will, picked out a coffin, and prayed to whatever god -- I miss that line from Frederick. He dies, Axe Fighter moves to where Navarre was sealing his own fate to Lucina and Tiki, and the cleric sat at the spot where she healed the Rogue Dagger thief.

Turn 3: Sully smacks Navarre like the fool he is, Lucina heals with Falchion -- did not plan this, I just took enough time re-positioning that it somehow aligned with me choosing to take HP from her -- putting her up to 27 HP who I use to attack the Axe Fighter who hilariously deals the same damage she just healed herself with. The cleric was not in range of anyone which I was worried about a bit since I was planning on using Reciprocal Aid on Lucina to make sure she doesn't somehow die to the cleric. Well, she's two spaces away, so I used Ninian to finish off the cleric with Lucina.

Yay! I got to use one of your interesting strategies and now I have an extra Navarre I don't know what to do with. Seriously, what am I supposed to do? The only skill that is "rare" is his Blazing Wind which Hinoka also has, so if I really wanted to, I could give that away to someone. Killing Edge would be better off gotten from Fir or Lon'qu of whom 4 and only 1 has a decent boon/bane and a full chain of Desperation and Threaten Speed can be gotten from Shanna and Selena, respectively, and those come as 3* to 4* units.

Edited by Kaden

I'm really confused. I got my units up in level (the ones from that video) and all day I've been trying and leveling, then trying again. I just went to try again and the AI all of a sudden is using a different move set, I guess is what I would call it. After Donnel beats the first ninja, the second one now goes behind Navarre instead of next to, so he is in no ones Danger Area. This is different as from before, because normally Donnel would pull him, get down to 1 HP, then I can do that attack dance thing to take care of Navarre and then use Sophia to take care of the ninja. This is how that video did it. Now all of a sudden the AI is changing...I don't understand. Don't they always follow the same pattern. That's how the guy even made this video, right? What do I do now? XD

I can take some screenshots, if that helps.

Edit: Okay, even though they switched it up, for some unknown reason, I was still able to make it work. I just switched my Sophia for my Jaffar and was able to kill the ninja that moved behind Navarre. So I won...yay. Guess I trained up that team for no reason lol. XD I'm still confused and have screenshots, if you want to help me figure out this AI mystery. 

Edited by Dylan Corona

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

I'm really confused. I got my units up in level (the ones from that video) and all day I've been trying and leveling, then trying again. I just went to try again and the AI all of a sudden is using a different move set, I guess is what I would call it. After Donnel beats the first ninja, the second one now goes behind Navarre instead of next to, so he is in no ones Danger Area. This is different as from before, because normally Donnel would pull him, get down to 1 HP, then I can do that attack dance thing to take care of Navarre and then use Sophia to take care of the ninja. This is how that video did it. Now all of a sudden the AI is changing...I don't understand. Don't they always follow the same pattern. That's how the guy even made this video, right? What do I do now? XD

I can take some screenshots, if that helps.

Edit: Okay, even though they switched it up, for some unknown reason, I was still able to make it work. I just switched my Sophia for my Jaffar and was able to kill the ninja that moved behind Navarre. So I won...yay. Guess I trained up that team for no reason lol. XD I'm still confused and have screenshots, if you want to help me figure out this AI mystery. 

Since you leveled up your units, the stats on your units increased. Thus affecting AI movement.

Just now, Kiran said:

Since you leveled up your units, the stats on your units increased. Thus affecting AI movement.

See I thought that too, but my stats are the same as the ones in the video, and his or hers moved like mine use to. I don't know. I guess in the long run, it doesn't matter cause I made it work. I just kinda don't want it to happen in the future haha.