Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

It's called Bishounen :p

All else, you can blame his long hair.

Just now, Kiran said:

Yeah...it does. I think the artist was trying to go for a bishonen look. 

Isn't he supposed to be in his 20s or at least late teens?

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna lie, I'm a fan of his art and suckered in by bishounen fanservice even though it's not very true to his art in the games he's in. Beat Lunatic with 5* Felicia, 5* M Robin, 5* Priscilla, and 4* Olivia. Team with very low damage output, but it worked out somehow.

Edited by wizzard of soz

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does anyone else think Navarre's Heroes art makes him look like a girl?

I think I said this about a month ago in a post lol

Could be going through a phase

20 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I decided to take a video,  just for the fun, since is the first time I beat Lunatic without help haha

That's cool

Congrats 

the thing I find really weird is that navarre's special skill isn't even one that's used in battle

like, i'm pretty sure that the killing edge would be way more useful if he could actually use it on enemy phases

i'm probably gonna use him anyway since I really like navarre and I love his new art but that just seems like such a weird decision

i'll probably give him astra or something like that 

1 minute ago, unique said:

the thing I find really weird is that navarre's special skill isn't even one that's used in battle

like, i'm pretty sure that the killing edge would be way more useful if he could actually use it on enemy phases

i'm probably gonna use him anyway since I really like navarre and I love his new art but that just seems like such a weird decision

i'll probably give him astra or something like that 

What do you mean? He has Blazing wind in the lunatic battle. Its just partially charge already. 

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Threaten speed on lucina?

Ehhhhhhhh

Congratulations anyway

Don't judge. My Lucina needs the speed. XD

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

What do you mean? He has Blazing wind in the lunatic battle. Its just partially charge already. 

Pretty sure they mean a skill that isn't player phase only, and that actually actives while in combat, not before it.

Just now, Kiran said:

blazing wind doesn't actually activate in battle though

Just now, unique said:

blazing wind doesn't actually activate in battle though

I completely misunderstood your statement and thought that you meant that the special that he has is different from the one he gets. Silly me. 

I think it's a bit odd how Navarre is the only GHB character so far other than Narcian who only has skills available through regularly summonable heroes. It seemed fine for Narcian since he was the first, but by this point, it makes Navarre feel a bit underwhelming. Like, I'm going to raise him to level 40 anyway, but still.

Don't matter if Navarre looks all bishie and girly, but, HIS EYES, I fix mine in these and now Im really concerned, both of his eyes are looking in different directions, Navarre ar u okey??

IMG_20170404_202009.png

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think it's a bit odd how Navarre is the only GHB character so far other than Narcian who only has skills available through regularly summonable heroes. It seemed fine for Narcian since he was the first, but by this point, it makes Navarre feel a bit underwhelming. Like, I'm going to raise him to level 40 anyway, but still.

Well, Narcian was the second Lancebreaker unit to be added to the game (Arthur was the first and only at release), so I thought that was cool. But yeah, Navarre doesn't have too much going for him. He's notable for being the only unit other than Hinoka to have Blazing Wind (which doesn't have that great of an AoE), and having Threaten Spd 3 at 4* for easy inheritance, but eh.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

I imagine B Tomebreaker and Blarwolf will eventually be available from normal pull characters. There just aren't enough mages in the game yet to have more than one source for a lot of their skills (especially considering a handful of mages have unique weapons to further limit the availability of weapons).

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Blazing Wind (which doesn't have that great of an AoE)

Blazing Wind is one of the AoE skills that trades reach for damage. 1.5x damage that ignores the weapon triangle (and supposedly in-battle buffs as well) is powerful, and the shape of the AoE is the most convenient one to work with.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Blazing Wind is one of the AoE skills that trades reach for damage. 1.5x damage that ignores the weapon triangle (and supposedly in-battle buffs as well) is powerful, and the shape of the AoE is the most convenient one to work with.

Huh, I think I was looking at the wrong picture when I made that post (was probably Light). Wind's looks a lot better.

I took this vid earlier today but couldn't post it because I was not at my personal computer. It's nowhere near as cool and impressive as Mkv.'s 3* runs, but maybe my teamcomp might help someone who have similar units. It's a slightly more aggressive approach, I guess.

Dang that was a tough one. The offensive ninja kept killing my Takumi. Don't know if I can completely recreate my strategy but It used Takumi (with vantage) Roy, Sharena (5 star) and Sheena. Draw out the ninja in the bottom right forest with sheena (he shouldnt do any dmg) and tank Navarre with Sharena. Watch out for the top ninja, he gets +6 atk when he initiates and can OTK Takumi (if Takumi initiates he'll be left with 2 health. Not sure if this was with a def buff or not)

2 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

I decided to take a video,  just for the fun, since is the first time I beat Lunatic without help haha

Just got around to watching it since I was at work when this was put up

I like the 2HP Takumi Vengeance Proc

30 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I took this vid earlier today but couldn't post it because I was not at my personal computer. It's nowhere near as cool and impressive as Mkv.'s 3* runs, but maybe my teamcomp might help someone who have similar units. It's a slightly more aggressive approach, I guess.

Hide contents

For some reason, I find the borders you added really funny. Like a "Before, After" effect after you gave the man the business.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

For some reason, I find the borders you added really funny. Like a "Before, After" effect after you gave the man the business.

I did ORKO him :P

Finally Lunatic is done, I feel really happy because this is the first Grand Heroe Battle that I can beat in both difficulties.

Only Palla has inherited skills and Michalis do LOL to the ninjas, only 2x2 of damage from them.

Screenshot_2017-04-04-22-01-52.png

Edited by Truffa

I kind of cheesed this Grand Battle against Navarre, with my team of Eldigan/Minerva/Kagero/Prisiclla. Kagero with 2 spur defs meant she could tank and ORKO both enemy ninjas on the enemy phase while still having single digit hp in return. Then Eldigan walls off Navarre while Minevra and Kagero double team the axe fighter and the rest is just cleaning up.

Guess the map would be a lot more difficult without Kagero in general.

Have no Kagero (didn't show up in the pull) so took me a few tries to get the right combo and work how the AI moved.

For Lunatic used Tharja, Olivia, Michalis and Abel. 

In my other account I used Sanaki, Olivia, Minerva and Nowi (glad I didn't 5 star her yet so she was at an appropriate level for this). Had Effie but sadly -Def and Thief with Poison Strike is annoying as well as always being next to Navarre

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't he supposed to be in his 20s or at least late teens?

Speaking as an Asian person (and given Navarre's aesthetic I feel comfortable calling him one, that brocade robe shit with that specific collar is pretty fucking Chinese) a lot of us look a lot younger than we actually are

Once I was 19 and a bunch of kids thought I was 14, it was aggravating

Navarre's art doesn't make him look any younger than 20 in my perspective.

Edited by Thor Odinson

10 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Speaking as an Asian person (and given Navarre's aesthetic I feel comfortable calling him one, that brocade robe shit with that specific collar is pretty fucking Chinese) a lot of us look a lot younger than we actually are

Once I was 19 and a bunch of kids thought I was 14, it was aggravating

Try being in your mid-twenties and still being mistaken for a middle school student.