Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

4 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Just got around to watching it since I was at work when this was put up

I like the 2HP Takumi Vengeance Proc

That 2HP saved me I think... Actually it was luck, I didn't know he was going to survive, so I send him in kamikaze mode

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

That 2HP saved me I think... Actually it was luck, I didn't know he was going to survive, so I send him in kamikaze mode

Some damn good luck there, then. Glad it worked out for you!

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Try being in your mid-twenties and still being mistaken for a middle school student.

#AsianProblems

Edited by Thor Odinson

20 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Speaking as an Asian person (and given Navarre's aesthetic I feel comfortable calling him one, that brocade robe shit with that specific collar is pretty fucking Chinese) a lot of us look a lot younger than we actually are

Once I was 19 and a bunch of kids thought I was 14, it was aggravating

Navarre's art doesn't make him look any younger than 20 in my perspective.

navarre always seemed really old to me honestly

like maybe that's because in shadow dragon he had fucking gray hair (even though it was brown in the original) but even here where he's clearly supposed to look all attractive and shit I still sort of see him as being like 30 something for whatever reason

his english voice sounds really chill and pretty young though so I guess I can sort of believe him being in his 20s with that

but I've mainly been using the japanese voices when I train him and for some reason it just reinforces my idea of navarre being old even though he has the same voice actor as lon'qu and niles (who clearly aren't supposed to be very old) talking in pretty much the exact same voice 

so yeah to me I don't have trouble believing he's fairly old at all but that might just be because I'm bad at determining ages based on character appearances

1 hour ago, unique said:

like maybe that's because in shadow dragon he had fucking gray hair (even though it was brown in the original) but even here where he's clearly supposed to look all attractive and shit I still sort of see him as being like 30 something for whatever reason

his english voice sounds really chill and pretty young though so I guess I can sort of believe him being in his 20s with that

but I've mainly been using the japanese voices when I train him and for some reason it just reinforces my idea of navarre being old even though he has the same voice actor as lon'qu and niles (who clearly aren't supposed to be very old) talking in pretty much the exact same voice 

so yeah to me I don't have trouble believing he's fairly old at all but that might just be because I'm bad at determining ages based on character appearances

I mean Xander JP sounds about right for Xander (and he's 25 at the minimum IMO) but Xander US sounds...rather high pitched, for Xander's character

a little too jovial, almost

casting!

I also know a bunch of fairly young guys irl with really deep voices so I guess it's not really clear cut either haha

anyway I did another run with a completely different team (except Olivia, she stays). I want to say TAdept3 is required on Robin, but I think if Effie took the hit instead of Robin it wouldn't have been necessary. Maybe. Idk. I'll test it out once i get 1 more stamina.

Edit 2: Just made a video with the vanilla Hana/Effie/Robin (granted, 5*)/Olivia team instead

Edited by Thor Odinson

5 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Speaking as an Asian person (and given Navarre's aesthetic I feel comfortable calling him one, that brocade robe shit with that specific collar is pretty fucking Chinese) a lot of us look a lot younger than we actually are

Once I was 19 and a bunch of kids thought I was 14, it was aggravating

Navarre's art doesn't make him look any younger than 20 in my perspective.

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Try being in your mid-twenties and still being mistaken for a middle school student.

5 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Some damn good luck there, then. Glad it worked out for you!

#AsianProblems

I'm not Asian, but nobody ever guesses my age right.  I'm 30.

6 hours ago, unique said:

Navarre's portrait in SD has brown hair. To me, he looks almost exactly like his Shadow Dragon counterpart :/

I really like his look here, personally, but then I love pretty boys xD

My problem with Navvare Heroes art is basically that he looks like a really shy girl

I mean i'm somewhat ok with man looking like girls or so, but Navvare image in FE3, FE11, and FE12 on his potraits does make him seems like a coldhearted swordman. Heroes Navvare makes you think he's Olivia or something

Edited by JSND

Do I like the Navarre's art? Yes. But looking at the original game art and well....they come across as completely different people. I wouldn't have guessed they were the same person. He looks more mature in the original games, someone who has been hardened by the harsh reality of the world and naturally distrustful of others. While here he looks rather like a delicate young pretty boy, someone more naive of the world. Don't know if my rambling made any sense but this is my take of the art.  

13 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Do I like the Navarre's art? Yes. But looking at the original game art and well....they come across as completely different people. I wouldn't have guessed they were the same person. He looks more mature in the original games, someone who has been hardened by the harsh reality of the world and naturally distrustful of others. While here he looks rather like a delicate young pretty boy, someone more naive of the world. Don't know if my rambling made any sense but this is my take of the art.  

I do agree with the very original game art. I'm not sure about the Shadow Dragon. His face is a bit older looking in that one in his portraits, but I find his official art looks pretty similar to me ^.^ But I can see where you're coming from :)

Hey all - back for some more advice on a GHB - I'm hoping this will be the 1st Lunatic battle I'm able to pass, gave hard a whirl and it was quite easy, but lunatic is always abit more challenging - Units at Lvl 40 I have at my disposal :

5* Ephraim, Julia, M!Corrin

4* Tharja,Draug,Shanna,Cordelia,F!Corrin,Reinhardt,Ursula,Frederick,Nino,F!Robin,Gordin,

4* units close to 40 I could use if needed - Beruka (38) Azama (37) Olivia (37), also another healer I have is a lvl 32 Lissa

3* Level 35 Saizo

Boon/Bane just ask if curious

After the last couple I've been levelling a range of heroes incase they end up coming in handy at any time, Thanks in advance :).

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

The stupidity of safetynet on Android.

Losing winning streak in the arena and wasting stamina because of the connection error made me always delete and redownload my data before every session since it usually gives me a good period without error when I do so. Hopefully you'll be able to beat it again.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

They let me back into a summoning session after a connection error.

That's the only situation where it works, otherwise, they ask you to delete the local bookmark in order to actually play the game, meaning you lose whatever you did. And the reason why it does that with summoning is so that people don't reset their orb selection.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

That's the only situation where it works, otherwise, they ask you to delete the local bookmark in order to actually play the game, meaning you lose whatever you did. And the reason why it does that with summoning is so that people don't reset their orb selection.

Eh, I'm glad it does. That was the session my sister helped me with.

Though I'm sad to hear it's not done elsewhere...

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Eh, I'm glad it does. That was the session my sister helped me with.

Though I'm sad to hear it's not done elsewhere...

Yeah I once got a connection error after my seventh arena match in a deathless run. When I got in the game, they told me that my arena progression had been reset due to the error. Back to square one.

21 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Losing winning streak in the arena and wasting stamina because of the connection error made me always delete and redownload my data before every session since it usually gives me a good period without error when I do so. Hopefully you'll be able to beat it again.

I do the same thing. I delete the shared_prefs folder before every important battle/arena.

It literally banned me within 2 minutes.

Just bad luck I guess.

I got it though.

Had a T-Adept 3 M!Robin which made the majority of the units on this map into a non-issue since I could bait them with M!Robin, kill them with him, Eirika, or Julia afterwards, and heal him up with Serra. The Axe Fighter was the only one not baited with Robin, I used Eirika for him instead.

15 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

So apparently Navarre is literally Lon'qu.

i mean, he has had the same voice actor for about 22 years (aside from archanea saga which i'm only acknowledging because camus has his voice actor from there), so really they've had the same voice since awakening came out

they were also both in TMS, and niles, saber, and validar also have the same voice actor

if they add either of those last 2 in the game you can have a full team of different characters who sound exactly the same

15 minutes ago, unique said:

i mean, he has had the same voice actor for about 22 years (aside from archanea saga which i'm only acknowledging because camus has his voice actor from there), so really they've had the same voice since awakening came out

they were also both in TMS, and niles, saber, and validar also have the same voice actor

if they add either of those last 2 in the game you can have a full team of different characters who sound exactly the same

Team Koyasu, let's go.

I'd really like to thank you guys for the Cordelia strat. This should save me on feathers

Edited by Thany

11 hours ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Hey all - back for some more advice on a GHB - I'm hoping this will be the 1st Lunatic battle I'm able to pass, gave hard a whirl and it was quite easy, but lunatic is always abit more challenging - Units at Lvl 40 I have at my disposal :

5* Ephraim, Julia, M!Corrin

4* Tharja,Draug,Shanna,Cordelia,F!Corrin,Reinhardt,Ursula,Frederick,Nino,F!Robin,Gordin,

4* units close to 40 I could use if needed - Beruka (38) Azama (37) Olivia (37), also another healer I have is a lvl 32 Lissa

3* Level 35 Saizo

Boon/Bane just ask if curious

After the last couple I've been levelling a range of heroes incase they end up coming in handy at any time, Thanks in advance :).

Assuming Cordelia is not -ATK. You should be able to pull it off with Gordin, Olivia, Cordelia and M!Corrin.

Turn 1: Dance Gordin to the tree above the mountain found in the bottom right corner of the map. This ensures that he can bait the dagger. 

Turn 2: Kill the dagger with Gordin.  You want to bait the other dagger into place. So move Cordelia to the bottom row of tiles, She is to be placed to the left most spot that is not the mountain. Corrin should be top left diagonal from her. Olivia is beside Cordelia.

Turn 3: Its killing time! Cordelia ORKO the dagger. Gets danced by Olivia, ORKO Navarre.

Now just kill the axe and healer with Corrin.