Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

I brought Alfonse along to the Infernal one by accident and my team wasn't set up correctly. Cleared it on second try, though :)

I definitely had the right units for this:

PA!Azura, Lukas, M!Robin, Julia.

Shout out to Lukas for tanking the green axe unit's double attack with 2HP left.

Infantry only mission has been completed with that :)

I would've then gone to the other missions but ran out of stamina. Plan to use the same team but with Navarre/Alfonse instead of Julia for the next quests.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took Dragon Emblem out for a spin, first time I've used it for anything serious. Would normally be lazy and take flier/horse team but they want infantry so I figure why not? Tiki takes 0 damage from Poison Dagger and Axe Infantry, and that was pretty much that. Had to do a little dancing around to get Fae to kill their dragon without getting exposed to Navarre but otherwise no issues.

Replaced Fae with 4* Alfonse/Navarre for the quests, it worked out easily too. Nowi easily knocks down Navarre low enough for both carries to get the kill.

Edited by Humanoid

I beat infernal first try and then spent like the next 10 tries making the clear as elegant as I can get it for video. Ended up being Ryoma shitting on the map again.

Nothing the Ninjas did can save them from Ryoma's 53 spd. 2 Turns.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Completed Infernal with a team of M!Robin, S!Camilla, Alphonse, and Genny. Swapped out S!Camilla for Julia when redoing it for the all-infantry clear on Lunatic . Went back and did the infernal Map with flier emblem, and I will say, it was a cake walk. The blue manakete got killed by an exact ko by S!Corrin, the colorless fell easily to Gronnraven Camilla, and H!Nowi and Hinoka worked on chipping the enemies for the other two to ko.

I decided to try Infernal with the team of Nino, Ephraim, Athena, and PA! Olivia. Nino killed the blue manakete, Ephraim killed Navarre, and Athena baited and took out everything else.  Athena is proving to be a very serviceable tank as the situation requires. 

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

This was too easy... once I equipped the correct skills. I kept forgetting to give Ninian Hone Spd 3 instead of Fortify Dragons. The small amount of space to maneuver meant I didn't even need Wings of Mercy. Peri double attacks Navarre with just a Hone Spd 3 buff, and Draconic Aura is charged exactly in time for everything else. Panicked Peri still demolishes the cleric, not like it mattered.

+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Hone Atk 3)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Drag Back, Threaten Def 3)
+0 Performing Arts Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Hone Spd 3)

Spoiler

Vb5Pq0B.jpg

The usual imgur gallery with annotations: https://imgur.com/a/QFH39.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Took two tries pretty much only because Inigo doesn’t have WoM3 yet.

This was the first one in awhile where I needed to use LaD instead of Fury so Soren could safely outspeed everything. Kind of makes me wish he was +spd instead of +atk but what can ya do?

I took in roughly the same team that I used to clear Lunatic (but with Julia instead of Sully)...I was a little surprised at how easily Tiki shredded the thieves, but then I remembered that she has a refined Lightning Breath. The Dragon Pivot-ed right into the range of Lucina and Julia (lol), and the rest was clean-up.

I thought this GHB was so difficult when it was first ran, but this time Infernal was cleared in one try with my usual flier team.  Narcian just steamrolls through these guys, and because of how quick and smooth I played it again to make a video.

Unit builds are at the end of the video.

I already had a DD 3 Redraven Sanaki with Daggerbreaker 3 before his GHB came back lol. She kills the Axe-User, Dagger-Users ( of course) and the Staff user only taking 8 damage.

Infernal actually made me restart (unlike Lunatic where M!Robin wrecks most of the map, and it was easy to kill Navarre with himself or Alfonse). Took a team of M!Robin, Nohrzura, Julia and Eirika to clear, and that required the QP seal on M!Robin. Julia utterly wrecks the manakete once M!Robin breaks Aegis, while Eirika with Swordbreaker and Fury can tank Navarre well.

I could probably have cleared everything with a Meta team, but I wanted to try with my current Hero team.

Matthew/Inigo/Ayra/Genny. Infernal only took 2 tries.

Matthew debuffs Navarre and the Axe Infantry with Dance support. Neither of the ninjas can kill Inigo thanks to buffs/debuffs so he softens them up, one of them takes a potshot at Ayra. Following turn Matt cleans up and softens the Manakete, Ayra finishes her and we tank for a turn or two until we mop up the healer at the end.

Surprisingly easy, Matt 2 stronk.

I tried to screw around in Infernal with underused armors, but that didn't work so I just smashed them with Team Flying Death Princesses.

Cleared the all-infantry challenge with Masked Marth, Fjorm, m!Robin, and p!Azura. Couldn't get my own 4* Navarre to deal enough damage, so I used Arena Assault for that quest. For the others, I had Reinhardt/Cecilia/p!Azura accompany Alfonse/Navarre.

This brought back memories. It's been so long since Navarre's GHB was introduced. The introduction of the blue manakete for infernal had me worried as all manaketes do nowadays after the terror that was one of the developer's challenges. Thankfully, Deirdre showed up in the recent legendary heroes banner.

Anyway, infernal cleared with a 5* Black Knight with Swap and a Distant Def 1 seal, 5* Deirdre (+Def, -Res) with an Atk Smoke 1 seal, PA Inigo (+Def, -Spd) with a Fortify Def 1 seal, and 5* Lukas (+Def, -Spd) with Ignis, Swap, Hone Speed 3, and a Spur Def 1 seal. The Black Knight also had Spur Res 2 to Ward Armor, but they wouldn't have been that useful. It only succeeded after I figured out how to position everyone for the initial attack. Deirdre stood below the forest tile where the blue manakete was standing above ready for PA Inigo to give her another turn after she smacked the blue manakete once and moved below Inigo. Meanwhile, the Black Knight would move to the forest tile below the axe fighter and in range for the Rogue Dagger+ thief to attack him and Lukas would stand next to him for a Spur Def 1 buff. After that, it was picking off the units one by one where I was lucky that the blue manakete decided to Pivot over Navarre putting her in range of Deirdre to take out. I think she did that because it would put her in range of Lukas who was standing in front of Deirdre. Also was lucky enough that the Black Knight was able to survive with 2 HP after fighting the axe fighter and I think the healer.

I think that was what the set-up was since I tried recreating it and I don't remember how I did it early in the morning. Mainly where did I put the Black Knight and how did he survive with 2 HP against the axe fighter.

The other GHB quests involved Fjorm, Ike, and bride Lyn with a refined Candlelight cheese. The Alfonse and infantry quests were done with Fjorm while Navarre's quests were done with Ike.

Edited by Kaden

• 1 month later...

This one's pretty much cake - quests done pretty easily! Armor Emblem gave the most trouble but cleared it.

Cavalry:
+4 +Spd/-Def Firesweep Brave Lyn
5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd The Reinhardt
5*+3 Xander

Fliers:
Blarblade+ Summer Corrin
+Spd/-Atk NY Azura
+Def/-Spd Elincia
5* +Atk/-Spd Brave Axe+ Cherche

Infantry:
5* +Atk/-Def Gronnraven+ + TA3 Boey
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia
+Atk/-Def Gronnraven+ + TA3 PA Inigo
+2 Brave Bow+ Bride Cordelia

Armored:
+2 +Atk/-HP +Def Blarowl+ LA Lyn
+1 QR2 Black Knight
+Res/-Atk WE Tharja
+Atk/-HP DC+QR3 Amelia

Infantry: Bridelia 3 dancers. I feel like I'm being a little cheap using triple dancing Bridelia for all the infantry quests... but not enough to not do it.

Cavalry: Reinhardt, Cecilia, Cain, and Priscilla. I thought Cecilia would be doing a lot more, which is why Priscilla came along at all, but beyond Rein killing Navarre/weakening the Manakete and Cain killing the Axe Fighter, she really did do most of the work. In fact, I didn't even need Priscilla... huh.

Flier: My flier emblem team strikes again.

Armor: WE!Robin, WE!Tharja, Black Knight, and Hector. Black Knight had to take hits from the dagger below the healer, the Axe Infantry, and the healer herself, and even with Quick Riposte 3 the healer, the one that would cause the most problems for me, was still alive. I had Robin Reciprocal Aid BK back up and Hector stand in the way of the enemy attacking Robin, meanwhile Tharja was just hanging around to the left of everything... the Manakete went for Tharja and Navarre went for Hector. Navarre was healed by the healer, but he was still weak enough for Robin to one-hit him, Hector went for the healer and triggered Galeforce... but the Manakete, while weakened, couldn't be one-hit by Hector without Hector dying. But even though she was defensive at range, Fury was the end for her as Tharja went into battle with her and put her just below the health needed for Hector to go for the kill.

Not as bad as I thought it'd be, but Armor Emblem still gave me a slight headache.

Infantry and Flier Emblem required trial-and-error on my part while Armor Emblem and Horse Emblem were done first try. Also, the QR3 seal was passed around between Lyon, ToD!Henry, Cecilia and SF!Camilla over the course of this.

Teams (all 5*s)

Infantry: +1 Klein (+Atk/-Res), Lyon, PA!Azura (+Spd/-Atk), +1 PA!Inigo (+Atk/-Res)
Cavalry: Leo (Rauorblade+; +Def/-Res), L'Arachel (Blarblade+; +Spd/-Res), Cecilia (+Atk/-Def), Sigurd (+Spd/-Res); Sigurd ended up doing nothing
Armored: ToD!Henry (Gronnraven+; +Atk/-HP), ToD!Jakob (Brave Bow+; +Atk/-Res), +1 Effie (+Def/-Spd), LA!Hector (+Spd/-HP); likewise, Hector did nothing in addition to not even being finished (Lv. 38 at time of writing)
Flying: NS!Corrin F (Blarblade+; +Spd/-Atk), ToD!Nowi (+Atk/-Res), SF!Camilla (Gronnblade+; +Res/-Def), Hinoka (+Def/-HP)