Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@LordFrigid Nice and smooth, congrats! 

I missed Narcian this morning and I'm still unsure how to proceed with the new Abyssal difficulty. Most clears won't be much different to their Infernal counterparts, not sure if it's worth recording them all another time. For sure I won't do any mass tags. 

You might as well record it for posterity, imo. For me, Navarre’s was pretty similar to Infernal, but still needed some unit & skill switch-ups. I actually found that Narcian’s was pretty different on Abyssal, probably because my Infernal clear was one of the “put Caeda in there and wait” ones. I imagine most of those will need to change to the traditional Galeforce style. I won’t do any mass tagging either.

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tobuShogi Congrats! Fliers are the obvious choice here, could have been one of my teams. (Just that my Elincia doesn't have merges and Camilla is missing the +variant of Gronnraven.) 

@LordFrigid Ok, recorded it. Had to adjust my previous strategy a little, at least Cherche got some more work. Strange to use the term "posterity" for our clears. :-)

Won't tag everyone for the new Abyssal difficulties, only if I have to take a completely new approach. 

I managed to clear this with only Eirika fighting. This one was a bit trickier than Narcian's (as in it took me like 3 more tries due to bad positioning on my part) but it doesn't seem worthy of making a video. 

Haaah....I guess I got too used to borderline insane maps like L!Marth's and L!Tiki's. I still need my revenge against Garon, though.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i might have to pick your brain. 
I suck at some of these. blegh. 

PM's brain not mine XP, I more or less followed his strategy cuz I couldn't get it without Tomehardt and my replacement units for other guides messed up the AI. The only thing I couldn't do was stop the Blue Manakete from Pivoting; she always does for me for some reason, so I just brought two dancers and had Tomehardt kill the Manakete and weaken Navarre with his Special. If you bring L!Ike, just put Drag Back on him to get Reinhardt out of Navarre's way. Then there's just an Axe and Healer (the Healer can actually kill Ike and Rein so make sure your Dancers are high Res like S!Micaiah).

On 11/6/2018 at 8:05 PM, Landmaster said:

PM's brain not mine XP, I more or less followed his strategy cuz I couldn't get it without Tomehardt and my replacement units for other guides messed up the AI. The only thing I couldn't do was stop the Blue Manakete from Pivoting; she always does for me for some reason, so I just brought two dancers and had Tomehardt kill the Manakete and weaken Navarre with his Special. If you bring L!Ike, just put Drag Back on him to get Reinhardt out of Navarre's way. Then there's just an Axe and Healer (the Healer can actually kill Ike and Rein so make sure your Dancers are high Res like S!Micaiah).

hmmmm. 
end of November seriously needs to come. because i need more units with support skills. 
(also thank ye ) :)

Okay - YAY! 
So i managed to do this twice. (once with Armour Emblem) and I just did it with my Flying Team v1 with
Sumia (I SO need more of her now, she's like my insta favourite),
S!Tana
Flying Nino
B!Ninian 

with some moving of seals (atk bond skill on tana, distant def. 2 on Sumia), she was able to take those daggers and staff blows like a champ, QR on Nino allowed her to get the killing blow (let's end this indeed!), i like this composition. now i have to figure out what i want to do with infantry and see if i can get those two orbs. i'm thinking the A team of Lewyn Ishtar, Azura and Micaiah.

Edited by daisy jane

• 1 month later...

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @Vaximillian @ruruo @eclipse

Old Matthew Clear:

Spoiler

I wish there was more to say. For our final GHB of the weekly rotation, it was a clear wipe. Matthew did it with no effort, and it reflects as much as you would expect. Morgan's tome does it's job, Ninian dances and Amelia warps to the team's aid like the angel that she is. You've likely become used to them by now, just as you've gotten used to Matthew, but I hope you don't mind watching them just a couple more times.

And so as a followup we have our final FE1 clear. I had the idea last week but didn't have the time to bring it to life, that Idea is reailized here. It's pretty cool how effective Merric is even without his tome's effect once he's gotten a good boost to his stats, but it's also nice to feature OG Marth in what will likely be his only clear. I'm not going to keep you with needless gab. Simply experience the magic.

I've only just realized that Navarre is the only GHB of the rotation that I haven't done the Abyssal clear for. So I'll probably just check that little box next week before the finale. Look forward to that. Then Navarre sleeps, as well as Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem as a whole.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo It looks like you linked the Morgan Camus clear on the first video.

As for the second clear, I should give my Merric the refine someday, I was always impressed by his bulk. Also AoE specials are always fun. Jeorge's power against ranged units is also something! Nice to see OG Marth as well, and great finisher.

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo It looks like you linked the Morgan Camus clear on the first video.

As for the second clear, I should give my Merric the refine someday, I was always impressed by his bulk. Also AoE specials are always fun. Jeorge's power against ranged units is also something! Nice to see OG Marth as well, and great finisher.

Yeah, I fixed it a few minutes after. And thanks, give the Morgan one a look!

Edited by Zeo

This Abyssal run was pretty though. Navarre is so beefed up that even swordbreaker Reinhard can only barely one round him and thats with a attack tactic buff. The other enemies where no joke either with a fast dragon and two daggers users that where pretty annoying.  

On the other hand my Sharena team breezed through the infernal version. Those dagger units are so weak there that even Matthew can take them on.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

but I hope you don't mind watching them just a couple more times.

Not at all, it's cool that you are able to clear so much content with these teams.

Like expected, Navarre wasn't easy to double, but with some help Morgan did it. 

Amelia did the cleanup, her new wings are really fitting to her new signature B skill.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

And so as a followup we have our final FE1 clear.

Oh, very nice team. Didn't know they're all from FE1. I like both Camus and Jeorge, should use them more.

Poor Marth never got his promotion. 

Congrats! 

@Zeo

Matthew didn’t really need any help at all here though he ended up getting some from Ayra. Even a blue manakete can’t survive a Regnal Astra.

Navarre goes down rather easily here, but after that, I think Amelia steals the show. Morgan does rack up a couple more kills but Amelia ends up doing what she does best to get rid of the last few foes. Probably my favorite of the three.

Merric shines a lot in the FE1 theme, probably the most work we’ve seen him put in. Same for Camus and OG!Marth is always nice to see. As is Jeorge to remind me that other people have good Jeorges and he can one-shot things.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Nanima @Alexmender @Azuris @NegativeExponents-

No, this is not the Epilogue, but I said that I'd do a clear of the only missing Abyssal map in the daily rotation, and I'm a man of my word. This is the last unchecked box.

If you'd like a little context, Matt and Co. make one last stop on the way to the end.

The end awaits.

Edited by Zeo

On 1/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Nanima @Alexmender @Azuris @NegativeExponents-

No, this is not the Epilogue, but I said that I'd do a clear of the only missing Abyssal map in the daily rotation, and I'm a man of my word. This is the last unchecked box.

If you'd like a little context, Matt and Co. make one last stop on the way to the end.

The end awaits.

Matthew ate a tone of those AOE Specials and was hardly phased. It hardly looked like an Abyssal challenge with how easily Matthew handled it on his own~

@Zeo

Oh nice, a little bonus before the end. Ouch aoe specials hurt, everyone went down to 1 HP, but not Matthew he didn't even lose half. And without reinforcements, they will never break through your defense, you were just too good for this map. Now looking forward to seeing you and your team one last time, even though I somewhat fear it as well.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...