Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

Yep, that was me.  Same handle here as in game.  Team Cherche was good team.  Lot of positive attitudes from everyone who was on from what I scene posted.  Plus it was fun see the popularity difference of the two of the three main fliers from Awakening with time pass from its release.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Skids said:

Yep, that was me.  Same handle here as in game.  Team Cherche was good team.  Lot of positive attitudes from everyone who was on from what I scene posted.  Plus it was fun see the popularity difference of the two of the three main fliers from Awakening with time pass from its release.

It really was, though we may have been small we were mighty!  We were out matched, and I knew we were since it was Cordelia who got the DLC features, but she still put up a fight.

I have to admit it is fun to see all the enthusiasm for Minerva. XD
(As it was to see it for Ephraim last time)

23 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Edit: @Tactician_Iris One day, one fateful day.....

It will be a glorious battle!

18 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I tend to see Lucina on the opposing side if that counts. Ephraim might be a solid choice as a result, although really, that's just my personal luck and it could be different for others. Spring Camilla might be good just for the thematic factor. 

Hmm...yeah, I guess I'll see what setups I end up facing frequently and switch accordingly. 

It really was, though we may have been small we were mighty!  We were out matched, and I knew we were since it was Cordelia who got the DLC features, but she still put up a fight.

Truly, what a fight it was!
Plus, it was really fun to zoom around the maps with two Cherches (even had three at one point)

Edited by Tactician_Iris

12 minutes ago, Skids said:

Anime27Arts congrads on your rank that is awesome! Top 100 Represent!

My end rank for Team Cherche ended up being rank 43.  So I'm pretty excitde with being in the top 100 aswell. Now its time to get valuable sleep and prepare for round 2.

8 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Assuming your name is the same on here as it is on the game, I actually saw you on the top players list when I was looking through them!! Congratulations!!  Team Cherche may not have won, but she still was amazing anyway.

Congrats to you both! Impressive rankings for you both.

Spoiler

Now you should join Team Minerva! It's what Cherche would want!

Spoiler

After all, she named her dragon after her!

Spoiler

Also, Minerva is just the best. Just thought I'd put that in there, in case my thoughts on the matter have been ambiguous thus far in this thread.

@Arcanite @Astellius 

Okay so, I was planning on joining Minerva anyways because 1) she's the only one I even have at 5* besides my 5* Brave Axe+ fodder, 2) she has the most realistic chance out of everyone else to beat the Brave Axe+ fodder, and 3) I've honestly been the most entertained by the enthusiasm of her supporters compared to those of anyone else.

That said, I've never actually played any of the Archanea games, so I know nothing about her. Would you two (or anyone else, really) care to fill me in on what kind of a person she is and why you support her so passionately? (I don't mind story spoilers, but if you include any, be sure to keep them in *spoilers* for anyone else viewing the thread)

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Arcanite @Astellius 

Okay so, I was planning on joining Minerva anyways because 1) she's the only one I even have at 5* besides my 5* Brave Axe+ fodder, 2) she has the most realistic chance out of everyone else to beat the Brave Axe+ fodder, and 3) I've honestly been the most entertained by the enthusiasm of her supporters compared to those of anyone else.

That said, I've never actually played any of the Archanea games, so I know nothing about her. Would you two (or anyone else, really) care to fill me in on what kind of a person she is and why you support her so passionately? (I don't mind story spoilers, but if you include any, be sure to keep them in *spoilers* for anyone else viewing the thread)

Mmm... Off-topic, but Summer Festival Ninian sounds just lovely. You have very refined tastes, good sir.

8 minutes ago, Star said:

I was team Subaki too! I'm surprised at how many more feathers you get when you support a not-as-popular hero.

Yes, I was able to get rank 500ish with 100 flags to spare. That's 3k feathers right now and I'm hoping for 2,5k next round. We have no chance against Team Minerva lol

I finished around 450 on team Palla I'll take the 2500 feathers for that. Now I need to decide whether it would be more worth it to go to Cordelia or Minerva for the next round. Speaking of which team I'm going to go on my friend ID is 9426556667 if anyone wants to add me. I'll have Ryoma, Julia or Azura as my unit if any of those interest you.

Well, my little assassin Beruka got beat by Subaki. The neck and neck battle was fun though, thanks for that Team Subaki. But now it's time to join Minerva to destroy him c:

Plus I can't bring myself to join Camilla or Cordelia because Cordelia will get her ass handed to her roasted on a silver platter and Camilla...I'm not thirsty for those feathers as some are for her...assets haha.

1 minute ago, XhenD said:

Yes, I was able to get rank 500ish with 100 flags to spare. That's 3k feathers right now and I'm hoping for 2,5k next round. We have no chance against Team Minerva lol

I totally forgot about it last minute, so I was rank 1k something, which is still a bunch of feathers!

Lol yeah. I like Minerva more as a character, but I figured this would happen and I can join up with the Minerva squad when we lose.

I finished somewhere around rank 20,000 of Team Cordelia without spending any flags, so I'm satisfied, even knowing the next match is a surefire loss. I was planning to save them all for the final round this time, so I'm glad I'm getting a few extra feathers out of it before then.

As for characters... well, I kind of like everyone left in the tournament at this point, so I don't have my heart set on any team in particular. Probably for the best, considering how Camilla is doing.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Alright. I'll help fill you up with basic profile about Minerva's backstory. Obviously, minor spoilers here until you reach the chapter which you can recruit her in Shadow Dragon.

Minerva is the middle sister of the three siblings, with Michalis as her older brother, and Maria as her younger sister. She is known as the Red Dragoon, Princess of Macedon. She is also the commander of the Whitewings Palla, Catria, and Est. The country is well-known for its Wyvern Riders. The country was usurped when Michalis decided to kill his own father in order to ascend the throne. He succeeded in that for a good while, and placed Maria as hostage for Dolhr to protect the people of Macedon and she willingly agrees (Although this is actually a lie as this is done to keep Minerva under his control). Michalis's ambition is to rule Macedon with strength. Minerva, although she doesn't want to rule herself,  wants to live peacefully in Macedon. These vastly different ideals, the fact that he killed his own father, and the way he treats Maria, becomes the source of Minerva's hate towards her own sibling. For 7 years, she was forced to fight for Macedon under Michalis's rule, until the Altean army frees Maria. Minerva then joins the Altean army in liberating Macedon with Maria, facing against her own country and most likely, her own brother...

Minerva then also becomes an archetype of her own. In future games (since Shadow Dragon is a remake of FE1), there are some others that have similar backstories. A good example of this is Jill in PoR, who ended up facing against her own country, Daein, and her father, after character developing her own will and the relationship between the beorc and laguz as friends, throughout her travels with the Greil Mercenaries.

Edited by Lyrai

41 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Alright. I'll help fill you up with basic profile about Minerva's backstory. Obviously, minor spoilers here until you reach the chapter which you can recruit her in Shadow Dragon.

Minerva is the middle sister of the three siblings, with Michalis as her older brother, and Maria as her younger sister. She is known as the Red Dragoon, Princess of Macedon. The country is well-known for its Wyvern Riders. The country was usurped when Michalis decided to kill his own father in order to ascend the throne. He succeeded in that for a good while, and placed Maria as hostage for Dolhr to protect the people of Macedon and she willingly agrees (Although this is actually a lie as this is done to keep Minerva under his control). Michalis's ambition is to rule Macedon with strength. Minerva wants to rule Macedon peacefully. These vastly different ideals then become the source of Minerva's hate towards her own sibling. For 7 years, she was forced to fight for Macedon under Michalis's rule, until the Altean army frees Maria. Minerva then joins the Altean army in liberating Macedon with Maria.

The entire spheal's deeper than this, but that basically sums up Minerva's part of it. A little detail is her sense of honor and respect for her opponents, such as not seeing Marth as an enemy, despite being on different sides (when they first meet, she actually withdraws from the fight, cause she cannot stand the tactics that the general used.) When approaching Macedon, she tells Marth that even though she always has and still loves her brother, she, herself, must be the one to take him down, along with her countrymen hence her most famous line:

“But history needs to remember that when Macedon went astray, it was a Macedonian who set things right.”

Lastly, she, herself, didnt want the throne, but the people willed it so it happened. And this is just Shadow Dragon

Edited by Motendra

@Motendra Yeah. I did my best to keep the least amount of spoilers to explain it to him... is my explanation good enough, at least? :3

Anyway, the 2nd round has started! The standings are as follows:

• Camilla vs Cordelia
  • Minerva vs Subaki

Best of luck to everyone, and there seems to be a plenty amount of flags to get as well with the quest reset! The flags from the last round are also kept.

I also changed my Michalis's special to Ignis for an amazing 28 damage boost in 3 actions.

Edited by Lyrai

Just now, XhenD said:

Team Subaki! Now's the time to burn all your flags! We won't go down without a fight!

Bring it on! I shall do my part as well! :lol: