Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

Ryoma with fury is OP. He just soloed a team of Takumi x2 and Jakob. 

Still waiting for one more colorless ally so I can get those extra 100 flags, plus I still have 100 flags in inventory. Currently ranked 470 with 344,960. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? I find that unwise. They probably didn't get many feathers.

Well, it may not have necessarily been feathers. Minerva's other competitors were 1.5:1 and 2:1'd by her, so it's possible they just wanted to save everything for vs camilla but the 4:1 is a little rough to get past. Better than 8:1 though!

My own feather strategy was rank (<10k) in round 1 for not too much expenditure but close to 2k payout, don't do shit in round 2, and dump everything in round 3. I'm not sure if that would've actually given more if I ranked all 3, and just got a much lower rank in round 3, however a >5k payout total is hella nice.

Edit: forgot cumulative. Closer to 7k, then.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Flags are resource management.

Since the first voting gauntlet had only one set of quests, people hoarded more.

Hell, I lost 300 flags because I didn't look at the quests resetting every round.

I only spent 300 flags each in the last two rounds and ranked decently since "Not camilla" makes it easier to rank.

I have to burn all these flags now. And I just used up 400 in the last hour.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? I find that unwise. They probably didn't get many feathers.

You can still get a decent rank without the usage of flags. I ranked in the top 30k bracket in round 1 and the top 50k in round 2. The problem is that round 3 has the best feather pay out. So it might be better to use most if not all your flags then.

Though currently looking at my rank and I should have used a few flags during round 2 and secured a better spot but alas its too late now. Also it helps immensely if you have the team rep on your team. 10% is quite a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

You can still get a decent rank without the usage of flags. I ranked in the top 30k bracket in round 1 and the top 50k in round 2. The problem is that round 3 has the best feather pay out. So it might be better to use most if not all your flags then.

Though currently looking at my rank and I should have used a few flags during round 2 and secured a better spot but alas its too late now. Also it helps immensely if you have the team rep on your team. 10% is quite a lot. 

Right, I see. I hadn't noticed that the feather payout was bigger in the last round. But I can remember that for next time for sure. And hopefully I'll be on a winning team again.

And so far, I've had none of the team reps other than Palla and I didn't want to join her team, so...

Edited by Anacybele

I feel like in terms of feather optimization, it might actually be more useful to be on the #2 team rather than the #1, if the trend in having 1 rep being significantly more popular than the rest persists. It's a lot harder to pull off the "ranked with no flags" thing on team Camilla, but I was able to pull that off in Minerva R2 at least and still enjoy the 500 extra flags without having to deal with the ridiculous competition that comes with having a much larger numbers of people.

Edited by Thor Odinson

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I feel like in terms of feather optimization, it might actually be more useful to be on the #2 team rather than the #1, if the trend in having 1 rep being significantly more popular than the rest persists. It's a lot harder to pull off the "ranked with no flags" thing on team Camilla, but I was able to pull that off in Minerva R2 at least and still enjoy the 500 extra flags without having to deal with the ridiculous competition that comes with having a much larger numbers of people.

Yeah, but I don't like being forced to join characters I don't care about like Minerva, so. :P

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I don't like being forced to join characters I don't care about like Minerva, so. :P

Well, no one says you have to mathematically optimize feather output, either. Minerva just also happened to be like, one of my favorite FE characters of all time, so I guess I lucked out.

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

I feel like in terms of feather optimization, it might actually be more useful to be on the #2 team rather than the #1, if the trend in having 1 rep being significantly more popular than the rest persists.

Just from the first gauntlet people knew the team that lost in the finals had easier ranking opportunities throughout the whole thing

Which is why team Minerva is flipping bae

Just now, Arcanite said:

Just from the first gauntlet people knew the team that lost in the finals had easier ranking opportunities throughout the whole thing

Which is why team Minerva is flipping bae

Hell yeah

Funding my 5* dreams #TEAMMACEDON

Ahhh damn... I got bumped from the top 5000 on Team Cammy. Not sure what more I can do, I saved virtually all of my flags so I guess my willingness to sacrifice plays for sleep is bumping me down a bit lmao. Oh well, 2700 isn't too bad....

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

334,400 gets me 627

@BANRYU how many points do you have ?

Ahh my current score is sitting at 332,300. (EDIT: Rank is 6,334)

It might also be the 10-15 or so daily flags I burned uselessly in round 2 but I didn't think it'd make this much of a difference. 

Edited by BANRYU

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

It might also be the 10-15 or so daily flags I burned uselessly in round 2 but I didn't think it'd make this much of a difference. 

do you have camilla? if you don't it's probably the 10% bonus. The top people in team Minerva are around the 360k range.

Hello everybody (it is first post outside my introduction topic)

That gauntlet was kinda sad. I don't see how this could be interesting with one character crushing all the others. I hope the next one will be more entertaining, with a least 2 or 3 potential winners to have some surprise

Btw, I'm in Miverva Team. I'm in the top 10 000 (without having Minerva). I could had done more if I knew that we could redo flag quests for each round 

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

do you have camilla? if you don't it's probably the 10% bonus. The top people in team Minerva are around the 360k range.

Oh yeah that'd probably do it. Indeed, my lady continues to spurn my advances at every turn. =3= And alas, no more orbs to attempt.... ;;

(I mean hell I wrote a full flippin' character analysis in defense of her, what's it take to impress you girl...)

Edited by BANRYU

Just now, Yinvarn said:

Btw, I'm in Miverva Team. I'm in the top 10 000 (without having Minerva).

Hooray, a fellow Minervite! Glorious Macedon will never forget your participation.

I don't have Minerva either, she's just too cool not to support.

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Oh yeah that'd probably do it. Indeed, my lady continues to spurn my advances at every turn. =3= And alas, no more orbs to attempt.... ;;

(I mean hell I wrote a full flippin' character analysis in defense of her, what's it take to impress you girl...)

A phd dissertation, 2 summoning circles, and 18 hours of resetting

A bit late for the last one, though

2 minutes ago, Yinvarn said:

Hello everybody (it is first post outside my introduction topic)

That gauntlet was kinda sad. I don't see how this could be interesting with one character crushing all the others. I hope the next one will be more entertaining, with a least 2 or 3 potential winners to have some surprise

Btw, I'm in Miverva Team. I'm in the top 10 000 (without having Minerva). I could had done more if I knew that we could redo flag quests for each round 

Aww that stinks

Glad to see you know who's the greatest ever!

#MinervaIsTheBest

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

A phd dissertation, 2 summoning circles, and 18 hours of resetting

A bit late for the last one, though

I actually seriously debated doing a summoning circle even though I don't believe in that stuff lol (it just seems fun) Afraid I don't have much/any Camilla or even FE merch to make use of, though. guess I could always use stuff like dragons + wife's bra + toy/figurine axes lol

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I actually seriously debated doing a summoning circle even though I don't believe in that stuff lol (it just seems fun) Afraid I don't have much/any Camilla or even FE merch to make use of, though. guess I could always use stuff like dragons + wife's bra + toy/figurine axes lol

I mean, I don't either, I did it for the memes mostly and I had every single Ryoma cipher card ever and a lobster plush and a mini katana letter opener thing I got in a chinese supermarket years ago

but i was also a bit desperate at the time

it was really just resetting 18 hours to beat the numbers game haha

there is also a bubble bath she likes baths

Edited by Thor Odinson

To be honest with you, I don't know much about Minerva. I just know a bit of history about her and she looked badass asf when I saw this picture. But since the other characters didn't caught my attention much, I decided to go for her, the most impressive wyvern rider I know (imo).

Just now, Yinvarn said:

To be honest with you, I don't know much about Minerva. I just know a bit of history about her and she looked badass asf when I saw this picture. But since the other characters didn't caught my attention much, I decided to go for her, the most impressive wyvern rider I know (imo).

She's every bit as badass of a person as she looks so you picked right

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

You'd also have to do the actual summoning inside a hot tub so I don't think you'd even have a chance

unless you got a hot tub lying around

16 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Your score is close to mine, yet I'm in top 1,000 lol

Team minerva op